PDA

View Full Version : My Wandering Mind...

-FN-
25-08-04, 00:32
I really liked the division aspect in RYL, so I was thinking, in application to Neocron......

So what if the existing Neocron Map and World became one massive European server? Everything as we know it in the F9 World Map Screen would exist on one server, designated for Europeans.

Then an *entirely new, equivalent in size* world was created, with Neocron being at the TOP of the map, and a world map being created southward. This server however would be based in the US and be geared for North America.

The Neocron zones would then be shared servers/zones between the EuroNC and the AmerNC.

For anyone who has played RYL - you'd know what i mean when I apply these:
- Only people physically on the EuroNC can talk to the ppl on the Euroside
- Only people physically on the AmerNC can talk to the ppl on the Amerside
- Somehow setup a way that only really high level players can attempt to enter the other side, i.e. a monk on the American server entering the Euroside of the server

That's all the thought I've given it - here's a map to better explain the idea... maybe...

The Green is the one side, the blue is the other server, the red is the shared area with some highspeed pipe between the two.

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/world.jpg

Obviously I just flipped the existing map :p But the real thing woudl be a completely different world altogether with new OPs, locations, cities, etc - however a counterpart for TG, MB, and TH would exist in the new side.

garyu69
25-08-04, 00:35
Haven't played RYL, but i like the concept of the idea.

joran420
25-08-04, 00:46
sounds like DaOc....kinda

Mumblyfish
25-08-04, 00:55
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I won't say how truly godawful I think this idea is until you riddle-me-this:

What would this achieve?

I mean, apart from dividing the playerbase even more. Which, as we all know, is a vital part of every great social-orientated game :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
25-08-04, 00:55
I do suport a segregation of the com channels, (appart from OOC:) where TRADE:NC can be heard in NC and TRADE:DoY in DoY, TRADE:MB ,TRADE:TH and TRADE:CS in thier respective areas.
Hackers should be able to access them though for periods of time.

Only perblem I see is that people would use OOC: for tradeing.

enigma_b17
25-08-04, 00:56
nice idea, 5 stars :)

Bronx
25-08-04, 00:57
not no but HELL NO. Why should the US guys have to play on an upside down map? thatsa little too weird for me.\

-Bronx

-FN-
25-08-04, 01:31
not no but HELL NO. Why should the US guys have to play on an upside down map? thatsa little too weird for me.\

-Bronx

*shakes head* Did you read the last paragraph? :p

@ Mumbly - I was thinking myself - what exactly the point would be - and I think that the only way this scenario were to work is if the game were truely Empire vs Empire based and not faction based. It works well in RYL and adds a really cool sense of 'togetherness' for each side. But as it is, please keep in mind it was a 5 minute thought without much reasoning behind it - hence the vague thread title ;)

john irons
25-08-04, 02:44
mmm how about this

or my 2nd one, this is how it should be :D

Bronx
25-08-04, 04:46
*shakes head* Did you read the last paragraph? :p

@ Mumbly - I was thinking myself - what exactly the point would be - and I think that the only way this scenario were to work is if the game were truely Empire vs Empire based and not faction based. It works well in RYL and adds a really cool sense of 'togetherness' for each side. But as it is, please keep in mind it was a 5 minute thought without much reasoning behind it - hence the vague thread title ;)

Oh lol, well more ops and stuff would be pretty sweet, but isnt that what we'll get with NC 2?

-Bronx

-FN-
25-08-04, 05:29
Oh lol, well more ops and stuff would be pretty sweet, but isnt that what we'll get with NC 2?

-Bronx

I wish. To my knowledge, NC2 == NC1 world-wise, plus an NC-sized city. I've not heard any leaks of "omg new OPs" :(

Psycho_Soldier
25-08-04, 07:58
For this to happen you will have to wait for 5 more expansions after NC2.. *cough* I mean NC7.

I don't really like the idea of splitting up Europe and US.

Splaticus
25-08-04, 08:38
Why not just make it so that only Europeans can be in Neocorn factions and North American players can be in DoY factions or vice versa. Oh that's right, KK is only advertising in Germany, so the North Americans would get crushed. :)

[TgR]KILLER
25-08-04, 09:33
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I won't say how truly godawful I think this idea is until you riddle-me-this:

What would this achieve?

I mean, apart from dividing the playerbase even more.

i agree with fishy here.. the player base is already small.. dividing it wouldn't help it any more lol..

maybe if NC2 is out for 2 years and all servers got 2000 people on ^^

The Ottoman
25-08-04, 10:21
Another problem might be the timezones. Whenever the North American players are online the majority of the Eurapean would be in bed and vice versa of course

Lathuc
25-08-04, 10:40
how about nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

mishkin
25-08-04, 18:56
No.

There should be one server, and one server only.

Agent L
25-08-04, 21:13
- Only people physically on the EuroNC can talk to the ppl on the Euroside
- Only people physically on the AmerNC can talk to the ppl on the Amerside
Stupid idea for stupid games to force RP on ppl who have no clue what RP is.
4 kids.

Mr Kot
25-08-04, 21:21
Why should the US guys have to play on an upside down map?

hell, it must be confusing enough for 'em just driving on the wrong side of the road :p

-FN-
25-08-04, 21:48
Ok ok, I admit - this was a way too flawed idea :p

[CbT] por favor