PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Among the legends..

Richard Slade
24-08-04, 21:10
I'm currently watching 'curse of the dragon'
a documentary on tv.
They mention four great martial arts legends..
Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal..
I come to think, who'd win among these?
Little bruce with his bouncy bouncy
Chuck the calm giant,
Jean-Claude- The Muscles from Brussels
Or Seagal the ever so stone cold untouchable?
Cast yer votes!

plague
24-08-04, 21:14
hehe, no poll?

Bruce would own ewryone, and they not realy martial arts legend only one is rest r just movie stars who know martial arts. There r master who far more skilled then them. :cool:

1)Bruce
2)Steven
3)Jean
4)Chuck

Disturbed021
24-08-04, 21:16
No doubt Bruce would win.

Richard Slade
24-08-04, 21:23
1)Bruce
2)Steven
3)Jean
4)Chuck
dude wtf... Seagal has no chance,
chuck n' Bruce trained together for may many years..

plague
24-08-04, 21:25
dude wtf... Seagal has no chance,
chuck n' Bruce trained together for may many years..

so, segal trained since he was kid too, and he got different stile, think he'd pwn chuck, at least thats what it looks from teh movies :p :p :p but ont the other hand Chuck would most likley to pwn Jean tho, cuz jean went to baley then karate, nothing spetial realy exept for his high kicks but they not gonna do much....

retr0n
24-08-04, 22:10
Bruce Lee > ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easy, anybody else can suck a fat one....

Spermy
24-08-04, 22:11
Bruce Lee > ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easy, anybody else can suck a fat one....

Thats why bruce won, they all sucked a fat one... and choked.

Jonax
24-08-04, 22:25
Van Damme - Street Fighter. Enough said :lol:
Steven Segal - Under Siege 2 (the train one). Enough said :p
Chuck Norris - Delta Force 2. Enough said O_o

Bruce Lee - Enter the Dragon. He would win easily :D

Okay, so maybe I'm a little biased... :angel:

Shujin
24-08-04, 22:40
- The Muscles from Brussels

why does that make me think of that song thats like "I COME FROM THE LAND DOWN UNDAHHHH somethin somethin somethin THUNDAHHH" think there was a part that was like "i met a man from brussels, he was 6 ft tall and full of muscles... i said hey do you speaka my language he said *somethin* and handed me a vegimite sandwhich" or somethin like that ;o

ino
25-08-04, 00:09
Haha how can anyone possibly vote for anyone other than Bruce Lee in that collection :) Bruce would have whopped any of the others silly in a sec :)

I am happy tho noone has voted for retard segal :)

Dribble Joy
25-08-04, 00:11
Jackie Chan drunken style technique > all.

ino
25-08-04, 00:17
yeah Jackies older movies are pretty cool to watch maby not the movies as movies but he's pretty good. just like Jet Li's older movies before hollywood bloated his 2 shot action scenes with actors who cant keep up :).

I love the documentary about Jackie chan when he is supposed to fight some Super karate/kickboxing guy from holland and the guy just could not get the damn things right, so he ended up using one of his "white" guy members of his team.. 1 shot all he needed to make the scene..

ezza
25-08-04, 00:42
depend really, bruce was good, and yes he could be Chuck, they both spared togeather, and chuck said that he was left panting for air after that.

however bruce never really shown what he could do in a fight, if he had of stepped into the ring with karate/kickboxing legend Joe lewis, he would of had bruce everywhere.

steven segal, well hes 7th Dan in aikido, had dojos in japan, i dunno its hard just going of what you see on the movie screen as all thats just showys stuff the best footage of segal is at beginning of Nico(above the law) where it shows him in the japanese dojo doing a few aikido techniques.

Chuck was good, skilled in various arts korea and japanese styles, these days has his own style(cant remember name off top of head- is in Budo Uk this month actually :lol: ) unlike bruce Chuck was a chapion on the mat and in the ring.

the to JCVD, again if you just go off his films for the most part it would be easy to underrate him the odd showy move here and there, however gotta remember before he went to america, he was euro champion, gave all that up to be "film star".

however if we just go off the movies it be:

Bruce
segal
JCVD
Chuck

just been doign my kung fu tonight, nothing better than a good sparring sessions to get you going ;)

edit:jackies early movies were awesome, drunken master era stuff.

Jet Li's got some great stuff early in his carrear, like shaolin temple OUATIC1 2 and 3, the defenders pretty good, though fist of legent has gotta be his best work from the hong kong days

thou i love his newer stuff from Romeo must die, kiss of the dragon to cradle to the grave

not to big a fan of the one though some good stuff init but over all a but sub standard

if only van damme had made more blood sport kickboxer style stuff instead of the crap he mostly pedals these days(though watched the order recently that was actually pretty good)

retr0n
25-08-04, 01:00
@ezza: Still Bruce was the fastest guy ever. He was amazing, and had agility
like noone. I saw the same documentary as Richard Slade and they showed
some old clips of Bruce Lee where he was displaying the combat technique
he had invented.

I mean that guy was fucking amazing. And when he became a star, people
used to randomly come up to him on the street to challenge him. He never
lost a fight to any of them, and apparently some of them were very good.

Also when he opened up a Dojo and started teaching non-chinese, the
chinese community went balistic since they wanted to keep martial arts
within china. After he refused to obey them they sent the best figher they
could find to challenge Bruce. The deal was if bruce won he could continue
and if he lost he had to stop teaching to other then chinese.

Anyway, Bruce won that fight, but at that time he was in a bad shape, he
only got better and better with the years to come.

He also had a body of a 18 year old at the age of 32. He was only 54kg,
nothing but bone & muscle.

I think he could beat all those guys with ease.

----------------
On another note, remember the scene from Enter the Dragon when he
fights o hara, well in that scene ohara breaks a bottle and tries to kill
bruce lee.

They had to do that scene 8 times to get it right, and every time ohara
had to break a new bottle, and he was suppose to hold the bottle in his
right arm, but one time he took it with his left causing Bruce to jam his
fist into the broken bottle.

After bruce's fist had healed they came back to shoot the remaining part
of the scene, you know the last kick when he sends ohara flying, anyway,
bruce, as you can imagine, was pretty pissed, so he kicked ohara as hard
as he could, causing him to fly several meters backwards. Nothing strange
with that, only, the guy that caught ohara broke both his arms on impact.

That's a pretty mighty kick :p

ezza
25-08-04, 01:06
iirc bruce admited that Yip Man the guy who taught him Wing Chun up to brown belt was faster than Bruce

plus theres no point arguing over Bruce because everyone is like ya Bruce owns and thats the end of story for them.

imo Joe Lewis would still of ripped Bruce a new a-hole

Richard Slade
25-08-04, 07:55
Jackie Chan drunken style technique > all.
Bruce didn't have any drunken boxing in his style, he fought, in the end, with Jeet Kun Do, a stanceless art.

Second, some people have voted other thingys,
also we should think about their movie chars instead of RL since they all were in the industry (of seven deadly sins)

Splaticus
25-08-04, 08:34
Nothing made me happier than watching Royce Gracie dominate the UFC. Leave the showy, fancy, martial arts at home. I voted Seagal, because if he ever gets his hands on his opponent it is all over.

NexusPlexus
25-08-04, 19:59
I'd love to see any one of the Gracie brothers get their hands on old
"I'm-too-cool-for-school"-Segal.
Don't matter howmany dojo's Segal might have up his bum, he'll go down and hard when he sees the business end of some brazilian jiu-jitsu.

(btw he has already been challenged by a few notable martial artists like like Urquidez and Wallace but declined for some or other reason :rolleyes: )

Otherwise I think someone like Jet-try-blink-faster-than-I-beat-you-silly-Lee
should be rated much higher than wussy, pretty-boy ballet poofs like van Damme.

Bruce was THE shit tho....

-REMUS-
25-08-04, 20:16
What ezza said.

Just because Bruce is a movie star doesnt make him a fighter. IMO I would say the most accomplished fighter is Chuck.

I would put them in this order.

Chuck
jcvd/Bruce
Steven

Chuck is definately the best competition fighter but the other 3 are tight, I would say Jean has more athletic ability and strength, but Bruce has more speed and agility. I put steven last becuase he has simply never been as fit as the other 3, although he could just stick em full of knives :p

Although in terms of a veiwing experiance:

Bruce
Steven
Chuck
JCVD (the only movie i actually liked was proberbly Universal Soldier, the first one)

K0vert
25-08-04, 21:09
What no jackie chan or Jet lee?

I say Jet Lee for current. And Bruce Lee for all time.