PDA

View Full Version : Neocron and lots of wierd neon/rainbow colors (Bug)

Psycho_Soldier
24-08-04, 20:05
I have reinstalled NC like 5 times already, tried 3 different drivers and for some reason I still have this problem. I would take a screenshot but the screenshots look as if nothing is wrong. Neocron is the only game I am having this problem with. Anyone have any idea of whats going wrong and how to fix it?

NS_CHROME54
24-08-04, 20:36
i get this too, but it DOES show up in my screenshots. it's annoying, but not destructive. all i gotta do is restart the computer

Psycho_Soldier
24-08-04, 20:37
I have restarted several times, doesn't work.

SilentEye
24-08-04, 20:38
Turn your computer off, get the hamser out, give it food, put it back in, start the PC, works!

Psycho_Soldier
24-08-04, 20:52
i get this too, but it DOES show up in my screenshots. it's annoying, but not destructive. all i gotta do is restart the computer

Since it shows up in your screenshots, can you post one in this thread to show people what I am talking about and to make sure we have the same problem.

Edit - Just reinstalled DX9b, that didn't work either.

Edit 2 - This is also on both the splash screen and ingame.

landofcake
24-08-04, 22:21
Sounds like a potential heat issue to me.

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 22:40

yeap thats what i'm thinking to..

you get it in other games to ? or just nc ?

anyway could be your comp / vid getting to hot.. or maybe try other vid drivers..

Psycho_Soldier
24-08-04, 22:44
KILLER']yeap thats what i'm thinking to..

you get it in other games to ? or just nc ?

anyway could be your comp / vid getting to hot.. or maybe try other vid drivers..

I have tried all my other games, none of them mess up, only NC. The temp of my computer is the same as it has been for as long as I can remember. I dont have temp readings for my vid card but I doubt its any different as well. I also forgot to mention, I have had this problem before, but I seen a fix on the forums now I can't seem to find it.

Bronx
24-08-04, 22:48

Yea make sure that your fans are running the proper way. A buddy of mine had all his fans pointinginwads lol. So none of the heat could get out.

-Bronx

Psycho_Soldier
24-08-04, 22:54
Ok, I just tried windowed mode, it seems to be fine. I just wish I can play in fullscreen.

Edit - Can anyone explain to me why it works fine in windowed mode but not in fullscreen?

uber java
25-08-04, 03:05
Try using DX7 instead of DX9.

To do this, open the Neocron Launcher, then hold SHIFT and click Launch Neocron

sanityislost
25-08-04, 03:13
Is this what your on about? well my comp still does it tho a reset fixes it.
think im needing a new comp but cant atm :/

SiL ..:..

Cerbious
25-08-04, 03:34
damn that pic looks cool, think the copbots should always look like that:P I once had a simular bug where all of the horizon line was shooting up erm slashs/cloudy/ray things of rainbow colour... best part it was in the middle of a OP fight trippy as hell and made it well funny... sorted itself out later after zoning.

Valmur
25-08-04, 04:44
Guess what worked for me...

Turn Gamma/Brightness lower in game.

Psycho_Soldier
25-08-04, 07:37
Is this what your on about? well my comp still does it tho a reset fixes it.
think im needing a new comp but cant atm :/

It looks somewhat like that, except more pixelized, meaning the colors were like blocks, it wasnt as smooth as yours and it wasn't on everything like yours, just about 50% of the stuff. The colors were alot brighter too.

[TgR]KILLER
25-08-04, 08:31
san.. you gotta lay off the beer man.. :p

i think i had the same.. but like said a reset fixes it :/ maybe reinstall windows :p

Original monk
25-08-04, 08:56
i wish my neocron was like in the screenie constantly, playing neocron in one giant neverending trip :)

sanityislost
25-08-04, 09:02
i get it like every 30min to an hour lol
pisses meh off when it happens and im in the middle of a fight :mad:

Endar
25-08-04, 09:21
I sometimes get rainbow colored rocket tracers (you know those smoke traces that come out of the rocket) that stay before relogging. I think its because of the rocket somehow passes a object and does not explode. I also got a Fusion Cannon shot stuck in the roof of El Farid, it lightened up the place really nicely :) The best thing was that it didnt vanish before I relogged.

Underground
25-08-04, 23:11
I used to get exactly the same thing in teamfortress lol... was a heat issue for me, maybe take out yer gfx card and scrape the shit outta the heatsink and fan blades.

Psycho_Soldier
25-08-04, 23:13
I used to get exactly the same thing in teamfortress lol... was a heat issue for me, maybe take out yer gfx card and scrape the shit outta the heatsink and fan blades.

If it was a heat issue, wouldn't I have problems with other games and in windowed mode?

Underground
25-08-04, 23:15
If it was a heat issue, wouldn't I have problems with other games and in windowed mode?

Well i woulda presumed that aswell but at the time i also played SoF, delta force etc, and SoF was more 'demanding' on my system then TFC was, yet i only got the bugs with TFC they never appeared with any other games...

Psycho_Soldier
26-08-04, 01:44
Well i woulda presumed that aswell but at the time i also played SoF, delta force etc, and SoF was more 'demanding' on my system then TFC was, yet i only got the bugs with TFC they never appeared with any other games...

Well.. I took my card, blew off the dust (not much), and put it back in and now there are no problems, but I only did this 5 mins ago so lets see how long this will last.