PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 Question

D1S
24-08-04, 16:17
Dunno if this has been posted before....

When the open beta of nc2 arrives, everyone will download the client, which i suspect is around 1.5 gig. And we will get to play on beta until the retail release of NC2. However my question is, will we have to download the retail client of NC2 all over again..... or will there be a patch that changes NC2 beta to NC2 retail, thus saving us from downloading another 1.5gigs worth,

Cheers.

Richard Slade
24-08-04, 16:19
MOst likely , otherwise would just be plain stupid

Hippieman
24-08-04, 16:20
They didn't do it for NC 1 retail. Although if they don't, like NC1 release someone is going to find a way to patch it.

Benjie
24-08-04, 16:24
Important: To participate in the beta test, you need to have an active Neocron account, you will have to agree to a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and be able to download a rather large client of over 2 Gigabytes.
I hope that answers your question.

:)

Hippieman
24-08-04, 16:26
That's about closed beta Benjie....Also that was some nice fast editing!

Benjie
24-08-04, 16:28
That's about closed beta Benjie....Also that was some nice fast editing!
It makes sence that the same applies to open beta though.

You think that editing was bad? I accidently ressurected the beta signup thread from months ago trying to get that quote.
This really isn't my day. :(

Hippieman
24-08-04, 16:34
It makes sence that the same applies to open beta though.

You think that editing was bad? I accidently ressurected the beta signup thread from months ago trying to get that quote.
This really isn't my day. :(

He's talking about patching the OPEN BETA NC2 into the Retail version. That doesn't say if we have to download open beta then download a whole new retail client, or patch open beta.

Spermy
24-08-04, 17:14
Already browsing for german mags - can't remember which one's cd it's featuring on though... No D/Ling for me

*is all posh*

*poshes around*

*What the hell is poshing around?!*

*Stops using asterisk speak*

*In a minute*

SilentEye
24-08-04, 17:17
Removed

Birkoff
24-08-04, 17:52
Well retail started downloading at patch 143 or sommin. THat looked so tacky :/ I hope when they start NC2 they make a new client which starts d/l patch 1 being the first patch after nc 2 goes retail.

I'd rather d/l a new install file than have to d/l a extra 150 of patches everytime i reinstall

Purgus
24-08-04, 18:12
or a few

For some reason when I try to search for Neocron 2 using the search engine on this forum it doesn't find anything.. yet here is somethign right here..

Anyways on to the questions..

NC2---
Is this an expansion with a graphics engine upgrade?
Is this a new game where I will have to start a new charactar?

if this is an expansion.. will porting between NC2 and NC be possible without serious problems?

Will old server communities/populations be moved to the newer servers is the population of that server is low?

I have still yet to see an advertisement for NC2 being released in the states except on the internet. No billboards or anything.. Is this going to be a thing where KK advertises just for September and hopes that the old US players will bite?

I came back to this game when I heard word of the expansion and the fact that I would loose my old charactar once BDoY was released.

Answers to these questions will more than likely help me make my decision to buy the game..

ezza
24-08-04, 18:22
its being marketed as new game

you keep your chars but can only take 10 items(in your quick belt) and the implants and armour on your body.

everything else you lose including epic items

Endar
24-08-04, 20:07
You like drom sex? I sure hope you do, since you will have lots of time to watch it when you download retail after the beta. Im 99% sure that you will have to download a new versio after the beta (aka "retail"), or if you did pre order the NC2 you will have it on CDs.

Vi ses! No more swedish to meh! NEVER!! Im already formating my head for all data about sweden...

...zip...

...damn, power failure...

D1S
25-08-04, 13:16
Well, lets hope they dont stick it on fileplanet. Hope they setup a new FTP site that lets everyone with a neocron account have access :)

cMz
25-08-04, 13:34
The 2 magazines that should have the client is called:
PC Games (http://www.pcgames.de)
PC Action (http://www.pcaction.de)

Mr Kot
25-08-04, 18:43
will we have to download the retail client of NC2 all over again..... or will there be a patch that changes NC2 beta to NC2 retail, thus saving us from downloading another 1.5gigs worth

I HATE huge downloads, gimme a CD any day. It's already a hard copy saving u another job of a backup.

The 1.5GB DL was the main reason i didn't apply for beta :(

Purgus
26-08-04, 18:48
So I get to keeep everything in my quickbelt and my implants huh?

Nothing in my inventory.. And everything in my inventory at my apt is gone?

Well i guess that is what i get if I want to move to the new game..

I am almost thinking that getting NC2 won't be worth it.

someone tell me otherwise please.. I hate working on stuff for a long time and then all of the sudden losing everything I worked for.

Do I at least get to keep my money?

Benjie
26-08-04, 18:52
Do I at least get to keep my money?
Money is being wiped.
Read the Neocron 2 reviews when it comes out. That would be my first course of action.