PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Server names?

DigestiveBiscui
24-08-04, 14:43
To save a load of confusion when DOY comes out and stopping people from going on the wrong server, are KK planning on keeping the same server names? For example the 4 slot int would be called saturn? and the 1 slot german jupiter etc, just to keep it as it is

Benjie
24-08-04, 14:46
No, because that would suck for Uranus and Pluto players. ;)
Big middle finger and so forth.

I suggest a compitition where players come up with names and win free copies of Neocron 2.

Agent L
24-08-04, 14:51
I suggest a compitition where players come up with names and win free copies of Neocron 2.
Man, you start talking like owner of Reakktor....

Benjie
24-08-04, 14:54
Man, you start talking like owner of Reakktor....
Even if I was a reakktor suck up which I'm not, at least I'm not trolling.

I have my opininos and I post them just like anybody else.

garyu69
24-08-04, 14:57
I suppose the German could remain Jupiter and French Venus.
Then the new German 1 slot could be Mars
And for the International Neptune

Now send me my free copy please.

BTW, whats the definition of Trolling?

Spermy
24-08-04, 14:58
Server 4 slot german - Ceres
Server 4 slot international - Gaya
Server 1 slot int (IF!!!) - Irata

Tada!

Benjie
24-08-04, 14:59
I suppose the German could remain Jupiter and French Venus.
Then the new German 1 slot could be Mars
And for the International Neptune

Now send me my free copy please.

BTW, whats the definition of Trolling?
Basicly winding people up to cause arguments and flames etc. It's evil.

I like your sever names. :p

Tada!
Also good! :D

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 15:02

Tada!

you forgot the 1 slot german :p

but yea can't use the names that are already there imho.. cause the 3 int servers are getting merged..

hmm could use red terra :p

Spermy
24-08-04, 15:04
I was orignally thinking tokyo 2 DoY and Neo, but that might confuse newbies a bit IE they may think it to be the start locations...

Agent L
24-08-04, 15:14
As action on all servers takes place in same location, I don't believe naming servers after NC world's locations is good idea.

Xizor
24-08-04, 21:38

You just say that cause you always seem to win competitions ;)

SilentEye
24-08-04, 22:15
Even if I was a reakktor suck up which I'm not, at least I'm not trolling.

I have my opininos and I post them just like anybody else.

he wasn't even talking to you, but the thread starter.

Jonax
24-08-04, 22:21
In lieu of the recent events in Athens, here's my suggestions :)

Atlas - International Multi-Slot
Hercules - Deutsch One-Slot
Achilles - Deutsch Multi-Slot

Now I wonder whether anyone will be able to explain perfectly the significance of each of them... ;)

.hack//sign
24-08-04, 22:50
i want free doy^_^ :p

Cubico
24-08-04, 23:08
Lagland, Carebear Heaven, Lamer's End, St. Sync? ;)

Other possibilities:
- Generic Names
- Zodiacs or star constellations
- Famous Bridges (bridges connect people, there are bridges on Euro bank notes
- Famous authors
- Famous researchers or computer scientists
- Neocron chems (Arilium etc.)

Mumblyfish
24-08-04, 23:18
Atlas - International Multi-Slot
Hercules - Deutsch One-Slot
Achilles - Deutsch Multi-Slot
Atlas is the Greek God of taking everyone's shit, I mean... he carries the WORLD on his shoulders, ferchrissakes! So Atlas is basically the God of heavy burdens. What server in NC1 is the butt of every joke? Saturn. The home of dickwads and asshats from the world over, Saturn is the only server to have scared away the GMs. They must bear the burden of being looked down on by the other servers for the behaviour of a few. International multi-slot will be primarily Saturnians, so there you go.

Hercules (Heracles) is the son of the most uberest God evar, Zeus. In modern times, he's also perceived to be a hero, a figure of great strength. A great warrior. Now, as we all know, one-slot servers have THE BEST PvPers, so that's strength/warrior covered. Also, let's look at the son of God bit. Now, if Jesus played Neocron, what server would be pick? Well, it's obvious, isn't it? Pluto. A one-slot server. Sorted.

Achilles was a Greek warrior, blessed with invulnerability in all but one area, his heel. He was slain by some bloke with a stupid name who hit him in... duh... his heel. Now, let's think about a German multi-slot. German players will make up the greatest playerbase, and most will flock to this server. We also know that the Germans will be playing NC2 24/7 in order to breed a super-race of INFALLABLE PvPers! So that they will have the best players IN ZE VERLD! The Germans can't lose because losing would be very... well... un-German. I mean, Germans are perfect. But... they have a weakness! They have a stupid language! Go to their server and talk a better language, like English. Their heads will explode, hence it is their Achilles' Heel. So the German Multi will be named after Achilles.

Jonax
24-08-04, 23:29
Err...:wtf: Close but no cigar ;)

Atlas is indeed the god with the world on his shoulders - Literally. The connection is that as the International server it's gonna have a few hurdles than the German servers won't (namely more than one language being used ;)).

Hercules (though Mumbly's right - It should be Heracles :) ) has the reputation of being one of the strongest gods in Greek Mythology - Reputed to have enough strength to, say, only need one of him? :p

Achilles is the direct opposite - Every player knows that each class is great in some parts but have their weaknesses. Hence, people are likely to have more than one character so each can cover the weaknesses of the rest ;)

Still - Mumbly gets a cookie! :D

Rith
25-08-04, 22:16
Saturn. The home of dickwads and asshats from the world over, Saturn is the only server to have scared away the GMs. They must bear the burden of being looked down on by the other servers for the behaviour of a few.

LMAO

Did you come to saturn and have your lolly stolen or something? It must be hard being looked down upon by the 30 elite residents of pluto and the 100 super star denizens of uranus. I'm not sure how we coped with it to be honest... maybe thats why we had an active player base - we were all desperately trying to do anything to forget the fact others looked down upon us.

Anyway

How about going with 1 4 slot international server and saving some cash? Call is whatever the hell you like, there'll only be one.

Call me old fashioned but if the launch fucks up, having everyone on one server seems more sensible than a shit load of empty servers

Marx
25-08-04, 22:24
How about...

Jupiter - main four slot german. This leaves the four largest satellites of Jupiter for further German servers: Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto.

Mars - main four slot 'international'. Smaller than Jupiter (*cough*) and also has two moons for further server expansion: Phobos and Deimos.

Earth - main French server. The moon around earth is arguably not a moon because its hollow and houses aliens waiting to dominate Earth as we know it. Therefore there will be no 'moon' available for further French server expansion.

Saturn - main Asian server should we ever acheive an asian market. Although it does have moons, the most notable distinction of Saturn is it's rings. Since Asians try and be super stylish and technological (see: anime) I think this would suit the whole DDR/anime/hentai/KAWAAIIIIIII ^_________^/ !!PINKU!! culture.

Jonax
25-08-04, 22:28
The moon around earth is arguably not a moon because its hollow and houses aliens waiting to dominate Earth as we know it.

Should "Earth" be reserved for the US market then? ;)

Marx
25-08-04, 22:31
Should "Earth" be reserved for the US market then? ;)
Well, I was just thinking about how Venus keeps getting raided by players from other planets.

;)

Mumblyfish
25-08-04, 23:06
Did you come to saturn and have your lolly stolen or something? It must be hard being looked down upon by the 30 elite residents of pluto and the 100 super star denizens of uranus. I'm not sure how we coped with it to be honest... maybe thats why we had an active player base - we were all desperately trying to do anything to forget the fact others looked down upon us.
Haha, calm down, mate. I was just joking! I don't play on Saturn because I don't like 4 slots, nothing to do with the people. I wasn't being serious. Now, back to your usual programming. :angel:

Wank3r
25-08-04, 23:50
I think the 4 slot international should be called:

Charon Mimas. Why you ask? Well I took the name of the only know Moon of Pluto which is Charon and I added the name of one of Saturns moons to the end. :D

Here are Saturns moons, you could add any to the end:

Pan and Atlas
Prometheus
Pandora
Epimetheus
Janus
Mimas
Enceladus
Tethys
Telesto
Dione
Rhea
Titan
Hyperion
Iapetus
Phoebe

naimex
26-08-04, 00:01
-SEX
-DROM
-SPAM
-LUBRICANT

definitely good server names... yes yes...

nah.. seriously :

-Ferris
-Cirria
-Heren
-Vaenir

nah I donīt know... name them after constellations or something...

Marx
26-08-04, 00:06
I think the 4 slot international should be called:

Charon Mimas. Why you ask? Well I took the name of the only know Moon of Pluto which is Charon and I added the name of one of Saturns moons to the end. :D

Here are Saturns moons, you could add any to the end:

Pan and Atlas
Prometheus
Pandora
Epimetheus
Janus
Mimas
Enceladus
Tethys
Telesto
Dione
Rhea
Titan
Hyperion
Iapetus
Phoebe
You forgot the moons of Uranus: Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, and Oberon.

naimex
26-08-04, 01:23
You forgot the moons of Uranus: Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, and Oberon.

you people really need to find something..... constructive to use your time on...... learning all the known and unknown moons of known and unknown planets..

I wouldnīt be surprised if you knew what that planet behind pluto was called...