PDA

View Full Version : stupid Nvid :(

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 13:35
So i orderd my 6800 GT a little over 3 weeks ago.. the shop i bought everything for my pc for had 4 brands.. but only 2 had a 3/5 days delivery time ( they were expecting a new delivery ) so i orderd the best of those 2..
then a few days later they din't get delivery and the card went to delivery unexpected.. now last week friday it was delivery within 48 hours.. so i guessed i would have the card today or tomorrow.. i mailed them.. and they said they expected the delivery yesterday or today.. now i gues it din't come again.. its delivery unexpected status again on their site. well its expected in sep now..

damnit nvid get those production lines going.. there aint a single 6800 in stock lol.. well 1 other brand XFX i don't know at all is there now.. so i mailed the shop if they couldn't change the Aopen card for the XFX cause i aint gonna wait till the year is over :rolleyes:

SilentEye
24-08-04, 13:36
You know.....

...They are rich :(

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 13:44
ha good you replied silent gives me a change to say your sig is to high :p ( i know i'm on a role lol )

anyway..just been reading some tech forums.. and see the aopen card gave some problems and xfx pwned.. so maybe its even better if i can trow the order around.. i hope they won't make a problem out of it.. i just don't wanna wait for 2 months for my new vid :(

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 14:40
Weee just got this mail..

Geachte heer/mevrouw,

De XFX zal naar verwachting gewoon gelijk presteren vergeleken met de
Aopen versie. Op basis hiervan hebben wij uw order aangepast en zal deze
binnen enkele dagen bij u worden bezorgd. Wij vertrouwen erop dat wij u
hiermee voldoende hebben geinformeerd.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Het Alternate team

now i know thats all dutch :p lol but its basicly saying that the XFX 6800 GT would be pretty much preform the same as the aopen 6800 GT.. and since i already asked if i couldn't get the XFX card then they already ajusted my order and it would be with me in a few days ^^ ^^ ^^

/me is happy now :p ( well if its on time this time :p )

Agent L
24-08-04, 15:02
First, it is the brand producer cards are ordered from, not nVidia. Producer's warehouse can be empty for many reasons, shortage of stuff is only one of them. 2nd, shops aren't usually ordering directly form producer, it's usually whole chain of resellers.
So you could blame nVidia if whole world is short on 6800s, but only 1 shop or brand - it's more likely someone screwed on the way : D

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 15:07
no somebody already told me here on the forum 3 weeks back when i was going to order that i wouldn't have the card that fast because it was out of stock everywere.. a week back somebody else pmed me telling to order it at some uk shop ( already orderd it by then but thats besides the point ) cause they would have it at his home in 5 days.. after a week he pmed me back saying for forget his last mssg cause it wasn't there and was out of stock..

and the shop i orderd is one of the largest shops i know in the netherlands always orderd anything there.. and they got like 4/5 brands of 6800 cards and they are all sold out. ( well exept for 1 now ^^ )

so to come back on the point.. i do think its nvid since all brands and alot of shops are out of stocks.

Agent L
24-08-04, 17:56
ah, then:
STUPID NVID : )

Maarten
24-08-04, 18:16
Ati has exactly the same problem with the X800 cards...

james_finn
24-08-04, 19:48
Sexy [TgR] lol, I got my Aopen card from a uk company and it came within like 3 days lol! Its the sex! The XFX is overclocked as standard lol, so maybe it'll be better! While we r on the subject of Aopen, does anyone know what to do about a small problem I have? I have the 6800GT and I get artifacts on the Nature benchmark (3d mark 03) and also on parts of Call of Duty, the temperature on the card has not gone above 65 degrees, which is pretty cool, and it idles at 55-60 depending on temperature of the room. I havent found any other problems I just dont know whether I need to e-mail Aopen or not? Lastest Dentonator Drivers btw. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and NC1 doesnt seem to work very well, the textures are buggered (dont look like they did on my 5200) and I get lots of tearing of the graphics, plus frame rates r lower than the 5200, so ive stopped playing till NC2!

Delphi

P.S. [TgR] Sorry for stealing thread :p

Nvidia
24-08-04, 22:47
Omg Killer! How could you call me stupid?

I'ma go cry now... :(

:p

Omnituens
24-08-04, 23:01
im pissed with my Nvidia drivers

i cant play System Shock 2 with these drivers, but i cant play NC with the newer ones!

guess one is going to have to go...

bye NC!!!

(j/k)

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 23:09
lol what drivers you using ? give me some info on what to use :p

anyway on the forums they almost OCed the XFX GT to speeds of a Ultra on standard cooling lol :) so i'm good.

james_finn
24-08-04, 23:43
Most GT's supposedly can be OC'd to the speeds of the Ultras lol, and with better than stock cooling I think you can take them further! The gainward with 1.6ns ram looks to be the best GT to oc!

Delphi

Ransom
25-08-04, 03:50
I've got a good feeling about the XFX cards, hence that's the brand that I got (and when I ordered it was the only brand available) I agree that NVIDIA need to get their finger out and start pumping these cards out, but I think they were preoccupied with trying to beat ATI in release date as well as performance.

Yes in theory you can overclock the GT cards to the speed of the Ultras, just by using the nifty overclocking utility that XFX provide, or and this is the part that would be expensive if it failed, you can create a custom bios to flash your card with that would unlock the extra bandwidth that the ultra uses. However once that is done, it would be impossible to hide that you had overclocked the card and would invalidate the guarentee.

Also different GPUs have different tolerances, so you may not be able to emulate some of the overclocking examples.

If you want some thinly spread info check out the forums at www.overclockers.co.uk as this was a subject brought up with the release.

Ransom

[TgR]KILLER
25-08-04, 08:34
getting my info on tweakers ;) hehe know you can flash them to ultra and oc them.. got my TI 4200 OCed also. but that doesn't quite cut it no more.. and the 6800 GT would be as fast as i need it for now lol.. won't even think about OCing it for a year to come..