PDA

View Full Version : Tech Haven Security

ROZZER187
24-08-04, 11:50
I have been thinkin for a while now why tech haven turrets dont shoot people with low sympathy unlike the npcs in neocron, canyons etc.

people who are allied and neutral take advantage of this and have the upperhand when rading th the turrets are useless against neutrals and allies who wanna cause problems for fallen angels.

i was thinkin that the turrets should be sympathy based, say like if you had less than 20 sympathy then they would shoot you. i know 20 is alot to get just so you can enter th and buy a weapon you need.

but, if it was a lower number then people would take the piss and lvl off the security and people will keep coming to to raid th. imo i think the turrets are pretty shit and pointless the only time they are of any use is when a hostile tries to come in th.

but on uranus its usually an allied or neutral faction :lol:

anywayzzz let the flaming begin

garyu69
24-08-04, 11:53
I agree that they should attack on the Symp of FA, even though most of our clan would get shot at, lol

Jonax
24-08-04, 12:29
Yep, the guards for every faction should be sympathy-based :) But so the Allied-Neutral-Enemy thing doesn't become obsolete, it could be done so that doing a mission to up a symph for one faction also increases it for allies and decreases it for enemy factions. :)

I just can't wait to be able to waltz into TT's HQ and blast the brains out of their DoO because I have near 100 symph with them :D

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 12:33
i thought TH was being shut down anyway... turned into a giant op thing to fight over or something. but anyway, yeah if they do keep it as it is currently id rather see it react to faction sympathy for sure. i used to have a protopharm pe with -99 symp to tg and then a bd spy with +50, the spy would always get blasted when out hunting firemobs.... but the pe... well they jus yelled at him. Stupid, imo.

Spermy
24-08-04, 12:36
Aye - I'm just pissed that our defences don't move - they have guards - we have turrets... And who the hell's bright idea was it to make a ladder down to the meeting hall? Pfft those bots down there are useless, it's doctor who all over again - "AAArgh a security bot! ONOZ! oh wait... there's a ladder - s'ok chaps." Besides, no one ever goes there apart from FA's, theres nowt wortj buying down there - or killing for that matter.

winnoc
24-08-04, 13:04
I don't see how people can complain about TH security.
That's just sick.

Try TG canyon or hell, MB, MB must be the place with the worst guards ever.

ezza
24-08-04, 13:06
TH might as well be one giant turret :rolleyes:

enigma_b17
24-08-04, 13:21
spermy wtf are u on about, i suggest u go make a crahn or a bd or a tangent and go to tech haven. If u manage to get in u will die, theres no if or what about it. If those turrets moved, they would be so unbeleivably overpowered. Personally I think theyr fine as they are, probably cause I wouldnt want to be runnin back to it every 3 minutes cause some ass hat decided to kill n00bs to get his/her jollies :P

Subdue
24-08-04, 13:25
I wonder what they gonna do with Tech-Haven come NC 2, From what ive heard FA are off to DoY.. Yes i heard it may become one big Op..

Cant wait to see. :D

Jonax
24-08-04, 13:25
spermy wtf are u on about, i suggest u go make a crahn or a bd or a tangent and go to tech haven. If u manage to get in u will die, theres no if or what about it.

Probably to do with the fact that FA & those factions are enemies! :p It's the same with any other faction, just that Tech Haven is the largest faction HQ in the game (except maybe the Canyon :) )

Try going into Tech Haven with a neutral or allied character and those turrets are pretty much up for the taking. Hell, FA-Uranus members have often had to scramble to take on a few ProtoPharm APUs I won't mention who constantly farmed XP from the turrets :mad:

If it wasn't for the fact that FA are moving to the Dome, I'd have asked that turrets become symph-based. However, such changes to the turrets may not be of much use soon :)

[TgR]KILLER
24-08-04, 14:05
Well on pluto this is a problem sometimes.. take that one DRE clan that couldn't ever raid as BD and CS.. but now they are neutral and raid TH all they want..

making TH turrets shoot people with neg SL or neg FS should be good.. then again as said.. TH won't be there when NC2 comes we'r going to DOY ^^

Spermy
24-08-04, 14:11
KILLER']Well on pluto this is a problem sometimes.. take that one DRE clan that couldn't ever raid as BD and CS.. but now they are neutral and raid TH all they want..

making TH turrets shoot people with neg SL or neg FS should be good.. then again as said.. TH won't be there when NC2 comes we'r going to DOY ^^

Where Peeps can shoot us from across the street as opposed to accross the map... NUETRAL MEANS NUETRAL i seee that one, but WTF? TG peeps running amok in TH? Psssh. just remember we're all on the same side come DoY

D1S
24-08-04, 14:52
Why have turrets in TH at all? They just make the place boring knowing that your totally safe from pk'ers and such. Those turrets need a serious nerf or need to be removed.

garyu69
24-08-04, 14:53
The only places i would like to see turrets in TH are next to Apts and in TH3 near the shops. Also have some muscle there on hand next to Leroys Bar :)

Spermy
24-08-04, 14:56
Why should FA be left to the mercy of backstabbing neutrals and freindlies?

D1S
24-08-04, 14:58
Why should FA be left to the mercy of backstabbing neutrals and freindlies?

U should learn to defend yourselfs.

Spermy
24-08-04, 15:07
I Love PVP - but theres only so many angels... compared to the amount that other factions on Uranus can muster - and yet you want us to give up anything that can even out the balance? Why not just remove all guards except copbots? But no - we can't do that cos all the non FA's would bitch then, at least we don't barrel yours just for xp farming...

D1S
24-08-04, 15:10
Remove the turrets, no XP farming....

Remove every guard in the game, or reduce the guards level to 80/80, id be quite happy with that... that goes for turrets too.

And leave the copbots how they are.

Spermy
24-08-04, 15:11
TBH - if TH just had guards like everyone else, we wouldn't have a problem... :(

D1S
24-08-04, 15:13
Agreed, and then reduce them to 80/80 so raids are still possible... that goes for all faction hq's.

Spermy
24-08-04, 15:18
Seems fair to me...

Birkoff
24-08-04, 15:37
I don't see what was wrong before all the guards got put to stupid ranks and added along with turrets to every corner of ...everywhere.

I was DarK for ages as FA before we went CS and we defended TH perfectly we didn't need hundreds of over powered turrets. I'm glade we are in a fation that can kill FA and not get shot by over powered NPCs, FA have had a harmony for far to long.

D1S
24-08-04, 15:40
Agreed, TH shouldnt be safe, if u wanna be safe u go live in the city.

I too was FA in early retail and used to fight NDA and SS daily, even though we lost more than we won, it was damn good fun.. always havin to look over my shoulder and wondering what clan that guy in local was from :)

ezza
24-08-04, 15:43
I don't see what was wrong before all the guards got put to stupid ranks and added along with turrets to every corner of ...everywhere.

I was DarK for ages as FA before we went CS and we defended TH perfectly we didn't need hundreds of over powered turrets. I'm glade we are in a fation that can kill FA and not get shot by over powered NPCs, FA have had a harmony for far to long.over zelous member of KK who has a thing for FA proberbly done that

Spermy
24-08-04, 15:44
Thats why I like the angels - I like being based somewhere away from the city - bonus that its no more than a few sectors from all the best levelling spots.

I also like being the underdog - and I do lose more PvP than I win, but hey, It's all good fun, my main irk was just having to police barrelers but that seems to have slowed down as of late.

I also liked the background and while I'm not really Pro DoY alliance, Im not really pro city.

D1S
24-08-04, 15:52
over zelous member of KK who has a thing for FA proberbly done that

Trillian... cough... cough

ROZZER187
24-08-04, 19:12
o_O the idea was that npcs in every hq attack low sympathy runners our turrets do not, instead its turning into omg th turrets pwn all nerf nerf nerf.
if the turrets were replaced by guards then problem solved, if they attacked low sympathy runners problem solved. the turrets may have power but they cant take much dmg.

but im not talkin about the dmg im saying that the security is shit, i dont care if we get raided we will stand ground and fight, but to be lvl /2 and have somoene allied come runnin and gank you after 2 days of playing is pretty shit, ( and yeah i know le system blah blah blah) if your new to the game th does look like a place where you can take your le out coz no hostiles can get in......but wait oh look its a allie i'll go say hello............( your are dead to get killed by a allied or neutral runner again press mouse button 2) :lol:

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 19:19
fa underpopulated on uranus.... hardly. its one of the most populated factions. the reason people move to "green" and "yellow" factions is probably so that they can gank you in TH without an army of turrets at every corner. It seems strange to me that the tech freaks need turrets yet the TGs and the Mercs can look after emselves.

ezza
24-08-04, 19:21
hate to say it but imo TG and CM have more balls than FA, i was out raiding MB other day, and i got a damned good responce from the mercs, however i know in the past FA would hide, not saying all FA, but most of them

Archeus
24-08-04, 19:26

I was DarK for ages as FA before we went CS and we defended TH perfectly we didn't need hundreds of over powered turrets. I'm glade we are in a fation that can kill FA and not get shot by over powered NPCs, FA have had a harmony for far to long.

Yea and then DARK left and the remaining people who weren't trained as well as DARK had their hands full being raided by the same people + DARK.

What should of done is up the respawn timers on them so raids could be held for a while, and then also make them shoot people with negative FS to stop tourists.

however i know in the past FA would hide, not saying all FA, but most of them

Because a lot of them were incapable of fighting. So rather then having to GR and get poked every 10 minutes while the next wave of muppets who think they are the only people raiding came, they would hide to stop people fighting in TH.

If you bother to alert people in TH that your coming for a fight, you will normally get one (I certainly did). But peoples idea of "Raiding TH"! is whacking 2-3 traders then GR'ing out before anything happens.

ROZZER187
24-08-04, 19:35
i was out raiding MB other day, and i got a damned good responce from the mercs

thats what i mean, we just got turrets :lol:

faction guards would be much better and also balance things out

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 19:38
rozz me old mucker, sorry to burst your bubble but ezza (i assume) means merc runners.... not npcs. Actual people came to fight. I dont mean to bash your faction as i know you like em but.... sorry... its jus... FA... i mean if we were playing word association and someone put that up before me id have to say pansies. :(

you should come back to tangent.... like the old days. Death Row for ever.

edit: lol spermy, not everyone in the army is a soldier you know. Some of em cook too.

Spermy
24-08-04, 19:41
Pffft - we're scientists, since when has a scientist ever won the iron man comp? :lol:

ROZZER187
24-08-04, 19:44
8| greendonkey who do you play on uranus????? im confused :lol:

and deathrow was my first clan that i made in uk retail lol

were you in it?

Darth Slayer
24-08-04, 19:51
rozz me old mucker, sorry to burst your bubble but ezza (i assume) means merc runners.... not npcs. Actual people came to fight. I dont mean to bash your faction as i know you like em but.... sorry... its jus... FA... i mean if we were playing word association and someone put that up before me id have to say pansies. :(
you should come back to tangent.... like the old days. Death Row for ever.

Pansies I'm a Pansy. Right I see wait till I catch up with you I'll show u a pansy..... :p

Scorpius.

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 19:52
yes m8, i was. many people know me by many different names. my forum name is nothing to do with my game names.

A blue haired spy was my Death Row char. C'mon StonerBoy get that grey matter working.

If you still dont know then you left me a present behind the pillar in plaza 1 the other day but some pikey bastard nicked it before i got there.

:)

<3 scorp, one of the few fallen angels i maintain a modicum of respect for. Your faction is hypocritical but you are my friend.

[TgR]HusK
24-08-04, 20:16
Withoud reading any of the posts...

Whats the use of discussing this as it just recently came out on the german forums that techhaven will be a safezone... the central trading place or something I gues...
With NC2 around the corner I care very little for any of the current stuff, I'll start my wining, screaming, sexing, whatnoting when nc2 is out and we want stuff changed in that :p (open beta aswell as retail)

manderf
24-08-04, 21:52
its called sl loss. people wonder why theres no population, its cuz of people ranting how th needs security, now there is less to do, woot gg. The player base is killing nc not kk :P

ROZZER187
25-08-04, 11:27
HusK']Withoud reading any of the posts...

Whats the use of discussing this as it just recently came out on the german forums that techhaven will be a safezone... the central trading place or something I gues...
With NC2 around the corner I care very little for any of the current stuff, I'll start my wining, screaming, sexing, whatnoting when nc2 is out and we want stuff changed in that :p (open beta aswell as retail)

i dont speak german :wtf:

ezza
25-08-04, 11:54
Pffft - we're scientists, since when has a scientist ever won the iron man comp? :lol:

well thats not true in game terms, as FA has as many fighters as anyother faction(based on saturn not uranus)

however if you take it from the roleplay stance where FA are scientists, then they are also supposed to get the muscle backing of the twlight Guardian.

so perhaps FA should get on better terms with them, and get them to help you guys.

i mean TG can respond to 2 of the FA enemies in BD and TT only crahn would be a problem.

however i guess this is all going to me a moot point since its changing with NC2s arrival

solling
25-08-04, 12:37
I too was FA in early retail and used to fight NDA and SS daily, even though we lost more than we won, it was damn good fun.. always havin to look over my shoulder and wondering what clan that guy in local was from

i was FA to for a long while and now TG wich i have been for like forever and i liked the raids on TH.... for a while only problem was it was pretty much everyday now they are neutral more times each day, when i was TG we came to help FA a lot but that was also a problem cuz every time we heard raid in FA we would go when we came kill a few peops then we left then they would come back and we would go again, happened several times a day, IT GETS BOORING.

sorry to say but it does prolly the same reason CM stopped protectiong MB
peops dont mind defending for a while but when this kinda thing happens with raid every day etc it becomes not fun, and just a pain in the ass.

Jonax
25-08-04, 13:40
I'll say this as there seems to be some FA-bashing. This is purely my personal opinion & not the factions - If you want to hold it against other FAs, wait until they say something similar.

I am a researcher first & foremost - Plain & simple. RP-wise, the relevant factions to join would be FA, BT, TT & PP - And with the FA, I can access all the areas relevant to me in the game without getting my head blown off by guards, including the Canyon & MB. That, and I prefer the decor of TH to the HQs of the other three ;)

My job is to support others to be able to fight each other, not to fight myself. If I wanted PvP from the start, I'd rejoin Planetside.

ezza
25-08-04, 13:44
so what your saying is that FA are a bunch of wimpy tradeskillers who need overpowered guards to stay alive?

Jonax
25-08-04, 13:45
so what your saying is that FA are a bunch of wimpy tradeskillers who need overpowered guards to stay alive?

This is purely my personal opinion & not the factions - If you want to hold it against other FAs, wait until they say something similar.

:rolleyes:

ezza
25-08-04, 13:46
oh ya you go with your little :rolleyes:

Jonax
25-08-04, 13:47
oh ya you go with your little :rolleyes:

Well if someone can't read, what else can I use? ;)

:p and :lol: would be asking for it :D

ezza
25-08-04, 14:09
i can read i went to school and everything i did :p

SjanTeN^
25-08-04, 14:19
I have been thinkin for a while now why tech haven turrets dont shoot people with low sympathy unlike the npcs in neocron, canyons etc.

people who are allied and neutral take advantage of this and have the upperhand when rading th the turrets are useless against neutrals and allies who wanna cause problems for fallen angels.

i was thinkin that the turrets should be sympathy based, say like if you had less than 20 sympathy then they would shoot you. i know 20 is alot to get just so you can enter th and buy a weapon you need.

but, if it was a lower number then people would take the piss and lvl off the security and people will keep coming to to raid th. imo i think the turrets are pretty shit and pointless the only time they are of any use is when a hostile tries to come in th.

but on uranus its usually an allied or neutral faction :lol:

anywayzzz let the flaming begin

Again if they did, there wouldent be any raidings. ;)