View Full Version : Faction Sympthies

Cerbious
24-08-04, 04:57
As far as i know the question hasnt been answered yet...

I hate the idea of losing my epics but worse alot of my sympthies now screwed as i thought ill never have to go to them again.

In NC2 will Faction Sympthies be reset???

(and yes i know ive spelt sympthies wrong)

40$Poser
24-08-04, 05:28
As far as i know the question hasnt been answered yet...

I hate the idea of losing my epics but worse alot of my sympthies now screwed as i thought ill never have to go to them again.

(and yes i know ive spelt sympthies wrong)

Would be nice to know the answer to that... KK please at least answer this one question... :/

Viper Venom
24-08-04, 05:42
prff who cares, jus kill doy over and voer to get neocron symnp and neocron citsisents over and over to get doy symp :P simple lol

Biznatchy
24-08-04, 05:52
prff who cares, jus kill doy over and voer to get neocron symnp and neocron citsisents over and over to get doy symp :P simple lol

Im pretty sure this will be called an exploit and look for bans soon im sure.

garyu69
24-08-04, 09:58
i'm not too fussed about resetting symps.

Original monk
24-08-04, 10:00
i'm not too fussed about resetting symps.

on some chars i have 100 symph for certain factions, on some chars i have -100 faction for all but 1 faction :/

so i dunno actually what would be best ... most fatcions are in minus anyway

but my bet is that they yust get reset, like everything else, dunno tough, yust a guess

Benjie
24-08-04, 10:05
Why are you asking? In two weeks you will all be in beta therefore will have a better perspective from which to speak from.
IE will actually understand the mechanics of Neocron 2.

garyu69
24-08-04, 10:45
Why are you asking? In two weeks you will all be in beta therefore will have a better perspective from which to speak from.
IE will actually understand the mechanics of Neocron 2.
Because some people aren't actually in Beta and want to know :rolleyes:

Benjie
24-08-04, 11:00
Because some people aren't actually in Beta and want to know :rolleyes:
Thats not what I said. I actually don't know if there is going to be a sypmathy reset.

Just wait two smegging weeks okay? :D

garyu69
24-08-04, 11:08
Thats not what I said. I actually don't know if there is going to be a sypmathy reset.

Just wait two smegging weeks okay? :D
Most people have learned to know that 2 weeks can mean forever KK time.

Benjie
24-08-04, 11:16
Most people have learned to know that 2 weeks can mean forever KK time.
It's not like there DoY delays were not without one reason or another.
I don't see any reason why they would delay an open beta though.
I don't think there is any harm in waiting 2 weeks.

garyu69
24-08-04, 11:33
easy for you to say as you are in :rolleyes:

WebShock
24-08-04, 11:37
it would be nice if the sympathies were reset.

Benjie
24-08-04, 11:41
easy for you to say as you are in :rolleyes:Maybe so.
[ edited ]
Two weeks doesn't sound quite so far away now does it?

garyu69
24-08-04, 11:47
you could give me as many links as you want to whatever but 2 weeks is two weeks, and at the end of the day none of the questions are going to be answered anyway because it will be Beta, not the game. So 2 weeks is wrong, we won't find out until the game makes retail in whatever amount of time that will take.

Benjie
24-08-04, 11:49
you could give me as many links as you want to whatever but 2 weeks is two weeks, and at the end of the day none of the questions are going to be answered anyway because it will be Beta, not the game. So 2 weeks is wrong, we won't find out until the game makes retail in whatever amount of time that will take.
I actually said that in 2 weeks you will know how the game mechanics work. I would tell you now but I'm not allowed, therefore you must unfortunately wait 2 weeks for the open beta.

garyu69
24-08-04, 11:52
why are you talking about the game mechanics in a thread that asks if faction symps are going to be reset? Or just another reason for you to post about you being in Beta?

Benjie
24-08-04, 11:54
why are you talking about the game mechanics in a thread that asks if faction symps are going to be reset? Or just another reason for you to post about you being in Beta?
No! Another thread about a post from the German forums already explain that faction sympathys and faction roles play a much bigger part in Neocron 2. This you know nothing about, so wouldn't it be wiser to wait untill your in the Open Beta before you make suggestions based around it?

I'll find a link.
Bottom of page 1. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=108094)

- the faction belongingnesses ll strengthened very much
- some of the things u getting at the hq ll only available if u have a especialy amount of loyality.

giga191
24-08-04, 11:55
I am almost certain that they will be reset.

garyu69
24-08-04, 12:04
Its actually someones views on NC2, not like its official or anything and considering this is a topic asking if Faction Symps will be reset, not about game mechanics, not about if Factions have bigger roles in the game, or that the symps will have a bigger role.

This thread is made to request info on whether the symps will be reset or not.

Benjie
24-08-04, 12:06
Its actually someones views on NC2, not like its official or anything and considering this is a topic asking if Faction Symps will be reset, not about game mechanics, not about if Factions have bigger roles in the game, or that the symps will have a bigger role.

This thread is made to request info on whether the symps will be reset or not.
No it's not. The thread is requesting that faction sypmathys be reset. I am not disagreeing with you, simply suggesting that considering it is being changed as posted on the german forums, wouldn't it be best if you knew exactly what you where requesting before you requested it?

Agent L
24-08-04, 12:18
uhm, dunno how that'll be handled in NC2, but I just got from +80 to +100 of BT symph in about 3-4 hrs via res missions. Of course BT missions are easiest, but anyway, it's all about few hrs...

garyu69
24-08-04, 12:23
No it's not. The thread is requesting that faction sypmathys be reset. I am not disagreeing with you, simply suggesting that considering it is being changed as posted on the german forums, wouldn't it be best if you knew exactly what you where requesting before you requested it?

I think he is actually asking if they will be reset.

Now instead of you posting like you know everything because you are so special that you got into beta why don't you just break your NDA again and tell these kind people what you really want to say.

I think everyone is assuming that factions as we know it will not exist in the way that they do not with the whole pro/anti city alliences. Everyone wants to know if they will be reset to that of a starting char or will they be kept the same.

How about you shed some light then benjie, or just take a screen shot of the symps so we can share in your all knowing knowledge of the symps :)

Benjie
24-08-04, 12:29
why don't you just break your NDA again and tell these kind people what you really want to say.
Your right, I really wish I could tell you all the details. I can't break the nda though, it's there for a reason.

Even though the thread title is asking whether or not there is going to be a sympathy wipe, it is also obvious from his working that he is requesting one. How will the community react to a decision when they couldn't possibly understand the reason why the decision was made?

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 12:30
I think he is actually asking if they will be reset.

Now instead of you posting like you know everything because you are so special that you got into beta why don't you just break your NDA again and tell these kind people what you really want to say.

I think everyone is assuming that factions as we know it will not exist in the way that they do not with the whole pro/anti city alliences. Everyone wants to know if they will be reset to that of a starting char or will they be kept the same.

How about you shed some light then benjie, or just take a screen shot of the symps so we can share in your all knowing knowledge of the symps :)

yeah either that or jus shut the hell up. jeez.

garyu69
24-08-04, 12:35
How will the community react to a decision when they couldn't possibly understand the reason why the decision was made?
Can't be any worse than how they reacted over:

Item wipe
Delay after delay
money wipe
Epic wipe
etc
etc

Benjie
24-08-04, 12:35
Can't be any worse than how they reacted over:

Item wipe
Delay after delay
money wipe
Epic wipe
etc
etc
Exactly my point. The community whines like hell when they hear what they don't want to hear. Without knowing the facts, it wouldn't be fair on them or the moderators who have to clean up after them.

yeah either that or jus shut the hell up. jeez.
Before you flame me, you should know that I live within an arms reach of you. ;)

Heh, Seriously though telling people to shut up when they are just saying what you don't want to hear is not good accord.

Cerbious
24-08-04, 13:53
No it's not. The thread is requesting that faction sypmathys be reset.

Ok let me solve this argument as i started all of this... ive just woken up now.
The thread as Garyu69 kindlty pointed about is about a question not a wish. (Thus the big bold letters underlined with the question)

My opinion is that they should be reset yes... but i only hinted that before as its the reason why i am asking the question... The question of which i would like this thread to be directed towards.

Now Benjie thxs for trying to say somthing but wasnt to constructive reminding us every 2 sentances that you are in beta, i think by now we are all aware of it, happy for u and u dont need to advertise it any more. Im not flaming the fact you are in beta but just the fact that it makes you go off topic.

K0vert
24-08-04, 14:47
@benjie Why are you posting worthless info? Your not answering the guys question at all. It's obvious you dont know or at least cant say. So why do you bother? He is asking a question that it seems quite a few people want to know. I myself dont care to much i have no epic items and my faction sympathies are not hosed yet.

It just seems to me your causing more problems in this thread then your helping. But that is just my view on it.

Birkoff
24-08-04, 14:56
IE will actually understand the mechanics of Neocron 2.[ edited ], that has nothing to do with what the threads about (like fucking 99% of your posts) then you go into posting usless pictures. [ edited ]
Do you still need FS to change faction? yes
Will being in beta actually answer hsi question in the slightest as im sure we have to start a new character like closed beta so NO

Was your post worth the memory it uses in the database? no

Back on topic, i totally agree i hope there is one. On my main character i have done 11 epics (couple of temps to start clans). It would be very annoying to have to kill all those NPCs/PCs/ or missions etc. I'm sure there will be a reset though aklong with soul light.

Sakletare
24-08-04, 15:06
I'm sure there will be a reset though aklong with soul light.
I really hope there won't be a reset of factions symps and soul light. I have been working hard to have good symps and high SL by not (*shock*) killing allies and doing lots of missions.

I strongly suspect that the people asking for a reset are mostly the "1337 people" who has fucked up their symps by killing allies/own faction and wants an easy way out, as usual.

Benjie
24-08-04, 15:07
[ edited ]Feeling better are we? :rolleyes:

@benjie Why are you posting worthless info?Because of the nda.

WebShock
24-08-04, 15:11
I strongly suspect that the people asking for a reset are mostly the "1337 people" who has fucked up their symps by killing allies/own faction.

Yep

and wants an easy way out, as usual.
em.... no. fair is fair, they take away my speed gat and take away my merc master, then why should i keep the negative sympathy? It makes no sense at all. its not about taking the easy way out, its about being fair. If they cannot let me keep that speed gat that i gained, why should i keep the reputation too. i dont see the point of your argument. :/

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 15:11
it wasnt a flame, as far as i could see you missed the point of his question and your posts sounded like you were pouring condescention (not condensation) over all of us coz youre in beta already and we arent. Noone has so far answered the question but benjie has had his name removed from a few christmas lists.

personally i dont mind about faction sympathies, if theyre not gonna be reset then i got myself a fortnight or so to sort them before doy comes, if they get reset then ill be thankful and carry on with my day. Its jus another question thats cropped up and people would like to know about.

a holier than thou attitude is not the best way to put it across.

Birkoff
24-08-04, 15:13
Feeling better are we? :rolleyes:

True ain't it why the fuck can't you only post when its at least half relevant. YOu gotta be the person that posts the most shit on this forums ever.

D1S
24-08-04, 15:13
True ain't it why the fuck can't you only post when its at least half relevant. YOu gotta be the person that posts the most shit on this forums ever.

Amen to that.

Benjie
24-08-04, 15:16
(edited - fuck it, it's not worth getting banned flaming you)

D1S
24-08-04, 15:17
[ edited ]
Im very offended by this benjie, i thought u were much better than this, as usual u resort to flaming. for shame....

garyu69
24-08-04, 15:19
before the topic gets closed can someone answer the question the topic is about :p

Birkoff
24-08-04, 15:20
[ edited ]
Thats not really the right attitude now is it.

YOu know I'm right so your resorting to flaming.

tehlose

Benjie
24-08-04, 15:21
YOu know I'm right so your resorting to flaming.
Firstly, it's called a responce to a flame.
Secondly, I edited it out. Your just not worth it.

Birkoff
24-08-04, 15:22
before the topic gets closed can someone answer the question the topic is about :p
It hasn't been announced so ppl don't know, i personally think that FS and SL will be reset.

Sorry for ruining your thread but that last posting of useless images pissedme off as much as you. [ edited ]

D1S
Firstly, it's called a responce to a flame.
Secondly, I edited it out. Your just not worth it.

It wasnt a flame, it was the truth.

winnoc
Would be pointless to not reset the sympathies.
Imagine a TG runner who killed a lot of his natural enemies, he ends up with neg sympathies to almost every faction.
Meaning he can't do any epics anymore.

Benjie
24-08-04, 15:24
It wasnt a flame, it was the truth.
Calling me a fucking moron is a flame.

Birkoff
24-08-04, 15:24
Would be pointless to not reset the sympathies.
Imagine a TG runner who killed a lot of his natural enemies, he ends up with neg sympathies to almost every faction.
Meaning he can't do any epics anymore.

Also thinking about it liek that, he is going to start in DOY and will more than likely have negetive BD/CS/TS so will be killed by guards on site. (im guessing)

D1S
24-08-04, 15:25

Yet again ill repeat myself, it wasnt a flame, it was the truth.

Birkoff
24-08-04, 15:26
Yet again ill repeat myself, it wasnt a flame, it was the truth.

Yes at least there is on sane person on the forums, i wasn't flaming i was jsut putting across my honest opinion.

garyu69
24-08-04, 15:26
Sorry for ruining your thread but that last posting of useless images pissedme off as much as you. WHy he never gets his osts edited is beyond me.
heh, not my thread. :D

Benjie
24-08-04, 15:27
Yes at least there is on sane person on the forums, i wasn't flaming i was jsut putting across my honest opinion.
I could call you all sorts of names and include what I think of your mother as an honest opinion. It doesn't stop it from being a flame! :(

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 15:28
lets leave it there huh guys. please. no need, serious.

Birkoff
24-08-04, 15:28
I could call you all sorts of names and include what I think of your mother as an honest opinion. It doesn't stop it from being a flame! :(

my moms dead.

Cerbious
24-08-04, 16:53
Plz guys no more flaming i thinks whats needed to be said by boths sides has been said but i dont want this thread closed. (maybe there should be a forum especially deisgned for flames to stop them ruining threads).

On the point somone said they had been good and not killed allies... niether have i but things like when i went from TT to FA for a months break and then to CA. My PP and BT is screwed from killing TT when i was FA. This i think wouldnt be fair.

Whats the odds we get a answer from KK on the FS?

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 17:17
Plz guys no more flaming i thinks whats needed to be said by boths sides has been said but i dont want this thread closed. (maybe there should be a forum especially deisgned for flames to stop them ruining threads).

its called www.furious-angels.com :D

zii
24-08-04, 17:21

you know, to be honest I don't like Benji :lol: (unless he's wearing a nice sock)

Anyhow, lets get back on topic.

Ravin
24-08-04, 17:21
I strongly suspect that the people asking for a reset are mostly the "1337 people" who has fucked up their symps by killing allies/own faction and wants an easy way out, as usual.

you can get very low negative sympathies in a bunch of factions even if you just kill your enemies. bd is the best example of this: if you go around just killing the ppl hostile to you, youll eventually have -99 in every single faction thats not bd. of course, b/c you lose more overall sympathy than you gain when you kill, this works with every faction.

anyway, plz keep the thead on topic, even tho it won't get an official response. guys, stop flaming benjie; but benjie, don't post on a forum if you can't contribute anything to it because of an nda. Will knowing the game mechanics change our perspective of wanting a symp wipe? <-- since you cant answer this question, dont. :\

Clownst0pper
24-08-04, 17:31

Can we get back on track kiddies?

Take it to PM or something, jeez handbags at dawn.

@ Benjie, ignore others ;) <3

@ D1S, flaming can be as simple as calling someone a prick, or a looser, or just generally being negative.

And just because your telling the truth, doesnt mean it isnt a flame.

Jesus.

Darth Slayer
24-08-04, 19:19
Before you flame me, you should know that I live within an arms reach of you. ;)

Hey Pyp I got a spare room at my place if u need to hide from teh Benjie..... :D
Benjie was the name of an old pet dog of mine a Sheltie...... :lol:

Scorpius.

Darth Slayer
24-08-04, 19:26
Heh just thought of something if they do reset Faction symps to what they where when we created our toons then Scorpius, Apothis and Kaldriss are ex TT now FA boy am I Screwed..... :eek:

Scorpius.

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 19:26

Hey Pyp I got a spare room at my place if u need to hide from teh Benjie..... :D
Benjie was the name of an old pet dog of mine a Sheltie...... :lol:

Scorpius.

now i jus know thats not a line.... 8|

Nah its all good mate, what benjie didnt realise is, if im within arms reach of him, hes well within punching range of me. :D

All is fair in love and war.

Vithar
24-08-04, 20:17
Stop flaming and trolling!

The next violation of the Forum Rules (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules) of any type and this thread will be closed.

V

Spikadelia
26-08-04, 00:01
I really hope there won't be a reset of factions symps and soul light. I have been working hard to have good symps and high SL by not (*shock*) killing allies and doing lots of missions.

Agreed. I've worked hard to get good soullight for my honourable runners and been a treacherous, conniving, stealth-whoring son-of-a-bitch and deserve the screwed up sympathies and negative SL for my nasty pieces of work.

No re-set.

..i..DemonX
26-08-04, 02:18
Carnage said in German Forum that more infos about DOY will come this week / weekend. So all we can do is wait for it, may then some Questions will get a answer.