PDA

View Full Version : PlanetSide now ownz all

TheGreatMilenko
24-08-04, 03:34
OWNEDGE (http://planetside.station.sony.com/screenshots.jsp)
THEY GOT MECHS

Jailbird
24-08-04, 03:38
cool thing but it doesnt OWNZ all

SorkZmok
24-08-04, 03:50
id still rather play cs for free.

Biznatchy
24-08-04, 05:23
I think the Mechs that you see at the top of the page were concepts models that never go used for the MAX suits that did get used. They arnt in game as of yet.

Ya PS base fights are zergalishious.

L3m0n
24-08-04, 05:34
They arnt in game as of yet.

There in the test server and will be comin out soon.

Biznatchy
24-08-04, 05:41
There in the test server and will be comin out soon.

Will they still get owned by phoenix missles like the max suits. The freaking NC are so pissing me off.

HatchetRyda
24-08-04, 06:39
Will they still get owned by phoenix missles like the max suits. The freaking NC are so pissing me off.

PlanetSide blows the fat one..

SorkZmok
24-08-04, 06:54
PlanetSide blows the fat one..
<3

stupid 5 char thing!

Terayon
24-08-04, 07:28
aparently the mechs can hold several people. like 6. and they are friggin massive. i was realy happy about them while i was playing planetside. then after a month i lost interest and came back to nc :)

when people say that PS gets boreing after a month or two, they realy mean it. dont think it wont get boreing for you to. becouse it will.

Satocastix
24-08-04, 07:42
Played PS for about 3 or 4 months, quit after I realized there was no gameplay.

Very true, extremely boring, because nobody can win, and nobody's willing to try and achieve dominance by holding bases for a really long time. Then again, what's the friggen point? Having the site say "Yesterday's Winner: New Conglomerate?"

Lev
24-08-04, 07:53
Yeah Mech's anybody else remember something about those..... :rolleyes:

ichinin
24-08-04, 07:56
Then go play it, why waste time here?

NeoChick
24-08-04, 08:36
yea, right now any time here is wasted I think till DOY comes
:)

Satocastix
24-08-04, 08:59
NeoChick, you left, but you still post. I'm thoroughly confused.

ROZZER187
24-08-04, 11:42
i left ps after a week the game blows its got no community , no people to help you out and give you advice, no character balance, and the servers had serious lag issues even though i got broadband :wtf:

but thats just my opinion

Opar
24-08-04, 11:45
I played PS for a week. Or rather, I TRIED to play PS for a week, but to no avail.

No gameplay, no player support, mega lag, no chance to kill shit as a noob.

Bollocks tbh.

Tratos
24-08-04, 12:33
NeoChick, you left, but you still post. I'm thoroughly confused.
Thats because NeoChick came back :p

never tried PS but from what people say i dont think id enjoy it anyway but those mechs do look cool...but

the Mechsican > Them :p

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 12:41
why play ps for £15 a month when youve got a shedload of fps games you can play for free.

colorpilot
24-08-04, 13:04
ps is good but every one is higher battal rank and can take u out well easy if people could use what thay whant it would be cool

has any one played Savage it is well good

Wank3r
24-08-04, 13:31
Planetside is only fun when it's the free trial period...If you pay for it then for some reason it's shit.

colorpilot
24-08-04, 13:36
lol wouldent know oly used the 7 day trial thing :)

El_MUERkO
24-08-04, 13:43
NC and PS can booth be installed on the same computer without the risk of fire.

So everyone foaming at the mouth needs to chill out.

___T-X____
24-08-04, 13:50
I Couldnt get on with it. No-one helps and the manual wasnt much use.

coppertop
24-08-04, 14:34
Get in a 100+ player game of joint ops. It kicks Planetsides ass any day of the week and you dont even have to pay subscription. :lol:

shodanjr_gr
24-08-04, 15:43
I played PS for a week. Or rather, I TRIED to play PS for a week, but to no avail.

No gameplay, no player support, mega lag, no chance to kill shit as a noob.

Bollocks tbh.

U sure we played the same game?

I thought the gameplay was great. Epic battles, really enjoyable. Not the 20 person NC-like OP War shiteh. About support, i cant say, cause i never had a problem with the game (and very few bugs-hear hear KK). Lag was minimal on my ISDN 64k, actually comparable to a standar CS game. And i didnt find it hard at all to kill people using the rocket rifle. You just need the right tool for the job (ie dont use ur AR on a MAX suit)...

The only problem of PS for me? Lasts too little. Was bored after 3 months or so. (but i am considering a new subscription).

TheGreatMilenko
24-08-04, 16:25
PlanetSide is for people who like PvP

Clive tombstone
24-08-04, 18:09
ok, I liked the game, it was fun, but like everyone says, it gets boring after a while, unless you have a cool "clan" your kinda screwed, I mean, I was lucky, I was in the NC's 141'st tank squaddron, we usually just got a team of engineers and vangaurd pilots, and went ape ass on the vanue^^

ill tell you, 6 vangaurds in a well co-ordinated , voice chat command system, are completly unstoppable^^

dunno though, I think last time I checked though, my clan was gonna open up a new "mech unit" so ill probably come back then^^

dare I say it but,

"NC GUNDAMN FORCE GO!" (que special effects)
(insert engrish/j-pop theme-song here :D )

ezza
24-08-04, 18:12
never played planetside in retail only played beta, have had a few thoughts of getting it but never get around to it.

the battles were great when you had like 100s people fighting over a base.

remember first time i played it some god damn sniper got me 3 times as we were all trying to get across this damned desert area towards the base, in the end went around the long way and killed some of those bastards around the back.

thought they could take on the might of the VS

Lev
24-08-04, 18:24
ok, I liked the game, it was fun, but like everyone says, it gets boring after a while, unless you have a cool "clan" your kinda screwed, I mean, I was lucky, I was in the NC's 141'st tank squaddron, we usually just got a team of engineers and vangaurd pilots, and went ape ass on the vanue^^

ill tell you, 6 vangaurds in a well co-ordinated , voice chat command system, are completly unstoppable^^

dunno though, I think last time I checked though, my clan was gonna open up a new "mech unit" so ill probably come back then^^

dare I say it but,

"NC GUNDAMN FORCE GO!" (que special effects)
(insert engrish/j-pop theme-song here :D )

... I don't get it, whats a vanguard?

Sorontar
24-08-04, 18:31
Okay are the drawings the mechs ?

Are there no in game shots ?

El_MUERkO
24-08-04, 18:33
A vanguard is a tank one of the factions in (New Conglomorate or NC for short) have in the game, it packs a nasty punch.

colorpilot
24-08-04, 18:33
the mechs ant in game yet but thay are on the test sever

colorpilot
24-08-04, 18:38
[ edited ]

CarniFlex
24-08-04, 19:05
bubye neocron
Hello planetside!!!

/no this isnt a farewell thread nidhogg this is a mech thread, mechs that was promised but as usual with kk's promises :p/

Mumblyfish
24-08-04, 19:33
A vanguard is a tank one of the factions in (New Conglomorate or NC for short) have in the game, it likes boys.
Fixed. Real men use a Magrider.

shodanjr_gr
24-08-04, 19:37
Fixed. Real men use a Magrider.

WRONG.Real men spam rockets all over the place with the Rocket Rifle :)

Clive tombstone
24-08-04, 19:41
ok, I have what I GUES constitutes as a screenshot, so here we go
http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/main/screenshots/previews/scans/UKPCZone/pczbfr1.jpg
http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/main/screenshots/previews/scans/UKPCZone/pczbfr2.jpg

PS, Me boyz and our Vangaurd's would just take our sweet time, and aim the cannons'o'death at your little "oh look at me, my front bumper is teh main weapons" magrider crap^^

two cannon shots and those boyz are done.

PS, I think NC is getting the crap end of the stick as far as mechs go, I mean, its a chicken walker, cept its crap^^

Edit-PS, my Mechiscan could wipe the floor with all three of em, no contest^^

Morpheous
24-08-04, 19:45
You NC scum have your Jackhammer, we TR deserve something good :p
At least we have Reavers... wait, they're common pool. There goes our main weapon then.... :p

Kratos
25-08-04, 02:40
well...the mechs in PS look cool and all,BUT how can you use them with all the technical problems the game is having? i mean,i lag like a bitch with 512 RAM,and i crash every 20 min or if the population cap goes over 50.

One thing i have to say to you people that still play it..
Enjoy the Lag and crash fest :cool:

Mumblyfish
25-08-04, 03:00
Best. Avatar. Ever. (http://neocron.jafc.de/image.php?u=23846&dateline=1093393773)
AWESOME!

Kratos
25-08-04, 03:53
erm...i dont know if i should take that as a compliment or a sarcastic messege :wtf:
lol

Biznatchy
25-08-04, 05:21
well...the mechs in PS look cool and all,BUT how can you use them with all the technical problems the game is having? i mean,i lag like a bitch with 512 RAM,and i crash every 20 min or if the population cap goes over 50.

One thing i have to say to you people that still play it..
Enjoy the Lag and crash fest :cool:

I played for 4 hours today never crashed very little lag, as in I didnt notice lag but once maybe twice. Try that in neocron where you crash ALOT, have to log back in a few time as your right clicked buged or have the 50 htl synch bug.

Ya planetside is great it lacks depth but its a great game.

StryfeX
25-08-04, 06:00
Planetside does indeed play like crap on old computers. Mine is a living testament to that fact.

That being said, I loved that game when I played it. I got in with a good outfit, and they have taught me pretty much everything I know now about PS, aside from what I found out by accident. :lol:

And yes, the Vanguard does own. 150mm tank shells hurt like a mother. The Magrider and pretty much all VS weapons are cheap. I mean, what other faction gets a heavy weapon that deals AoE damage at a high rate of fire? Plus they don't have to deal with any firing arcs. :\

The NC got screwed on the last patch. The NC MAX units just suck now, especially compared to the VS ones, (the anti-infantry MAX just got its ammo capacity doubled, and its AP shots now only take *one* ammo instead of two, making them just about the best MAX.)

A really fun loadout to do is cloak suit and have all ACEs. All I have to say is: Boomers > You. :p

--Stryfe

Kratos
25-08-04, 09:34
Well,I havent crashed yet on NC,i get a few lag spikes here and there but its not only me,everyone gets it.
And about planetside,its crap. Unless you got a Alien Ware PC,ur ass is up for a dissapointment.
i mean i got a:

Windox XP 2002
512 RAM
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
GeForce FX 5200 (might be this crapy video card)
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer 24bit
And a Cable connection

This specs. are enought to play PS smoothly,but i see they have lied on the spec requirements for PS.

Terayon
25-08-04, 09:42
i used to lag bad in planetside.... but if you mess with the options ya never lag. well enarly never. the game uses alot of cpu, but not as much so as neocron. i have only ever crashed ONCE in planetside aswell. and i didnt even care. to bad the game blows after the first month :P

Mumblyfish
25-08-04, 13:22
erm...i dont know if i should take that as a compliment or a sarcastic messege :wtf:
Complement. Kratos Aurion > All ;)

And the VS aren't cheap. They're still the empire I see using Heavy Weapons the least (practically every NC you kill has a Jackhammer), and when I play my TR character I never get killed by a Lasher. Nope, the best weapons in the VS arsenal are the Pulsar (I think that's the name, VS medium assault) and the Lancer. Lancer Lancer Lancer!

Oh, but common pool stuff is the king, so the argument's moot.

Clive tombstone
25-08-04, 18:30
actually, when im not piloting a galaxy or a vangaurd or sunderer, I usually use a gause rifle, God I love those, great as a single shot weapon, its a little tricky though, never use full auto with it, just make sure you use really small controlled bursts, beleave me this gun goes by NC's motto of "attack Power per hit" so with zooming, you can sort of "snipe" enemies with it^^

PS- pheonix launchers are also pretty cool^^ gotta love hiding behind a hill, and shooting remot missles at a safe distance

Marshall1
25-08-04, 20:13
i think sony suck
i played planetside had nothign but lag on adsl
i play swg same lag what is worng with sony all this money and they cant make servers that run properly then they blame my system for being so slow lol

i ran doom 3 in high graphics mode everything on on my athlon 2600+ geforce fx 5800 and512mb ram and it was fine

try to do same on swg and it slows down to buggery even lowering the graphics settings dont work how can it be my computer got to be sony

i actually quite liked planet side but couldnt do witht he lag i was willing to give swg a chance but im def not bying it glad i did the trial first

joran420
25-08-04, 20:34
hmm i just got planet side and it runs pretty smooth...doom 3 is choppy as hell for me though

Mumblyfish
25-08-04, 21:25
512mb ram
That's your problem. 512mb of RAM just doesn't cut it for a lot of games. Planetside is no exception, until I upgraded to 1.2gig of RAM I had to play it on lowest settings (I mean LOWEST) and still lagged all over the place. Every time a door opened my system would pause for a few seconds, and I'd usually wind up dead. Slap an extra 512mb of RAM in, and hey-ho, I'm running it on highest settings (1024x768 windowed, though) with absolutely no lagging about at all.

A lot of games will barely run on 512mb. With RAM as disgustingly cheap as it is today, complaining that 512mb doesn't cut it is like complaining you can't run Doom3 on your Voodoo1 graphics card. Stupid, for those of you who are struggling.

SilentEye
25-08-04, 22:02
I am running:

Intel Celeron 2.4GhZ
786MB DDR RAM
Ati Readeon 9200XT PRO

Conclusion:
PlanetSide runs fine on my computer.

StryfeX
26-08-04, 00:29
Well,I havent crashed yet on NC,i get a few lag spikes here and there but its not only me,everyone gets it.
And about planetside,its crap. Unless you got a Alien Ware PC,ur ass is up for a dissapointment.
i mean i got a:

Windox XP 2002
512 RAM
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
GeForce FX 5200 (might be this crapy video card)
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer 24bit
And a Cable connection

This specs. are enought to play PS smoothly,but i see they have lied on the spec requirements for PS.It's the RAM (or more specifically: the lack thereof) that's killin' ya.

--Stryfe

Kratos
26-08-04, 01:52
Well damn....they should be more specific on the PC requirements to run the game. i mean,i bought planetside hoping it would run well on my PC, i was like "Yeah,no more lag for me since i got a 512 RAM now." and then BAMB,WTF! Lag and crash fest. tried it on the lowest graphics (and i mean LOWEST, the game looked like EQ from the crappy graphics) and i still laged and crashed.

But i think they lie on the requirements so that you are obligated to buy the PC parts needed to run the game smoothly. Not many ppl have the money to keep theire PC's up-to-date and im 1 of them.

Mumblyfish
26-08-04, 01:57
But i think they lie on the requirements so that you are obligated to buy the PC parts needed to run the game smoothly. Not many ppl have the money to keep theire PC's up-to-date and im 1 of them.
What the doctor ordered! (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=1438869037&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=46420) That's solid RAM right there, and cheap as all get-out to boot. Honestly, as soon as you get that in your system you should be able to up the settings and play the game perfectly smooth. A bit RAM is possibly the BEST PC upgrade to get as far as boosting performance goes, especially considering it's price tag, but check your mobo manual to make sure the speeds are compatible.

Kratos
26-08-04, 02:03
omfg...that IS cheap! but damn...too bad I have to order it,i dont trust does mofos.

but wait a min....how much is that in $...? :wtf:

joran420
26-08-04, 02:05
bah i think PC club in the states can beat that price ....if not Circuit City for sure can

Mumblyfish
26-08-04, 02:08
but wait a min....how much is that in $...? :wtf:
Ach, sorry. Forgot that you're from the US, forget eBuyer then. It'd cost you a ton to get it shipped.

I'm sure someone here can find you a deal like that in dollars, though.

Kratos
26-08-04, 02:14
Damnit....i just went to CircuitCity and BestBuy websites and does damn 256 RAM bars are expensive as hell! I dont see any 512 RAM bars do...i wish i was not in the US right now :(

Damn US is getting too expensive...

Kratos
26-08-04, 02:18
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&skuId=5489394&id=1051826244183&cmp=++

cheapest ive seen so far :(

Mumblyfish
26-08-04, 02:25
$93 for Crucial RAM (512MB, DDR400, PC-3200). (http://www.crucial.com/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=CT6464Z40B&cat=RAM)

It does look like you get the shaft on computer parts pricing over your side of the ocean :(

Kratos
26-08-04, 02:42
Do any of u need a roomate on your country? :lol:
US is too expensive

joran420
26-08-04, 02:53
http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A4303293

THERES SOME CHEAP SHIZZLE

dunno what type of memory you need though....mine is PC2700

Clive tombstone
26-08-04, 02:59
Kinda funny isnt it, doesnt the US produce most of this junk? I mean, yah it blows. I need a new mother board, and everytthing costs way too much

Kratos
26-08-04, 03:00
Seems my PC is 2400 (says it on the top of the DELL emblem) :p

Mumblyfish
26-08-04, 03:06
Seems my PC is 2400 (says it on the top of the DELL emblem) :p
Now that's all well and good, except memory doesn't come in PC-2400 variety ;)

It's...

-> PC3200 (DDR400)
-> PC2700
-> PC2100
-> PC133
-> PC100

From highest performance (in general) down. Check your PC's documentation, it'll tell you what memory you need. It's important, as it'll greatly affect the price, and putting in the wrong memory can ker-fuck you.

Kratos
26-08-04, 03:10
Where can i find that document? Step-by-step plz :)

joran420
26-08-04, 03:17
well if you dont know....i think most memory is backwards compatible (if you get PC 2700 it will run at PC2100 if your comp only supports 2100.....I think at least)

[edit]prollly an easier way ...but if you have a dell you could call DELL and tell them what puter u have and they can tell you the type of memory u need

StryfeX
26-08-04, 06:14
Well damn....they should be more specific on the PC requirements to run the game. i mean,i bought planetside hoping it would run well on my PC, i was like "Yeah,no more lag for me since i got a 512 RAM now." and then BAMB,WTF! Lag and crash fest. tried it on the lowest graphics (and i mean LOWEST, the game looked like EQ from the crappy graphics) and i still laged and crashed.

But i think they lie on the requirements so that you are obligated to buy the PC parts needed to run the game smoothly. Not many ppl have the money to keep theire PC's up-to-date and im 1 of them.But you forget... running does not necessarily mean running well. Hell, a 1 GHz CPU with 256 MB RAM should *run* Planetside, but there's no way in hell that PS will run at anything approaching decent on it.

--Stryfe

Vithar
26-08-04, 06:58
This thread has gone way off topic.

Please go back to discussing Planetside and its Mechs.

If you wish to continue discussing the cost of RAM and where to buy it, please start a thread for the purpose of discussing that topic.

V

TheGreatMilenko
26-08-04, 08:01
This thread has gone way off topic.

Please go back to discussing Planetside and its Mechs.

If you wish to continue discussing the cost of RAM and where to buy it, please start a thread for the purpose of discussing that topic.

V
would you clean up the off topic crap on my thread please

Mumblyfish
26-08-04, 12:47
would you clean up the off topic crap on my thread please
Crap? Stop being so spiteful, of course the topic's going to change here and there. It's a discussion, it happens. But the core discussion is still Planetside, only now it's leaning more towards it's system requirements. Big deal.

That said, Core Combat... I can get it for a tenner, is it worth it? Thing is, I don't have any certs (other than Medium Combat, which I heard had a crap AT, and Special Assault) that would get me any Ancient Tech weapons, so it'd all ride on whether the cavern fights are any fun. Yay or nay?

SilentEye
26-08-04, 12:52
MUmblyFish I don't have CC but I think you get CC for the core areas, not the weapons and vehicles :p

Anyway you can test all the CC weapons on the shooting range even if you dont have CC.

sPooT
26-08-04, 17:00
That said, Core Combat... I can get it for a tenner, is it worth it? Thing is, I don't have any certs (other than Medium Combat, which I heard had a crap AT, and Special Assault) that would get me any Ancient Tech weapons, so it'd all ride on whether the cavern fights are any fun. Yay or nay?

Well, the thing is, it IS about the weapons and vehicles you get from it. The biggest downside is actually the emptyness of the caverns. But the cavern benefits are really important for a fight.

Oh and yeah, it's a well known fact within the Planetside community that everything under a gig of RAM is a no go :) Not something to be proud of, but that's just the way it is. I have a pretty outdated system by now but I run almost everything but the extremest zergs pretty good, and that mostly since I upped my mem from 512 to 1024.

Siygess
26-08-04, 18:57
Those mechs look pretty cool (not so sure about the NC one though).. it almost makes me want to try PS again - I played the 7 day trial that came with PC Gamer a while back, but that was right in the middile of some serious bugs.. namely the tutorial couldnt be completed and the aircraft up / down keys were unbound, but a bug wouldnt let you bind any keys yourself. Plus all the vehicles would pull to the left.

Still, the vehicle implementation was very, very solid, even back then.

Biznatchy
26-08-04, 21:18
I just found out the requirments for the mech is going to be a bit harsh. Like you can only spawn one per hour or so. With the rate that things get blowed to scrapmetal in PS thats a bit harsh. It will make using one timid and close to a repair gun.

StryfeX
26-08-04, 22:01
I just found out the requirments for the mech is going to be a bit harsh. Like you can only spawn one per hour or so. With the rate that things get blowed to scrapmetal in PS thats a bit harsh. It will make using one timid and close to a repair gun.Depends on how much firepower and armor the things have. I mean, if it has more attack power than a Flail and a metric shit-ton of armor, I think I'd be glad the things couldn't be spawned very frequently. But as with all things, they will need to be balanced.

--Stryfe

Clive tombstone
26-08-04, 22:13
well, I like the idea of hour spawns, I mean look, its a heavy piece of "fine" equipment, you better give it proper support, or pay the conciquences you know?

like bringing air support and a few tanks to give it cover fire and maybe distractions (the tanks and aircraft act as attention deturrents)

I mean, yah, hour spawn, Ouch, but, it just means you need to play your game "smart"

BunkerBoy
26-08-04, 23:14
ive been playing PlanetSide since beta...and the recent Battle island patch was great...now were getting mechs which will make the battle field even more dangerous...The second one of these things is seen though..all attn will be on it...they better have some good armor lol. Unless its a group of newbies..then theres sthe chace they will scream and call retreat! lol Ive been in 2 great Outfits one on emerald and now im in D2A on Markov. It helps to enhance the gameplay alot with real tactics. Thats y I am still payin. its a great game overall..just not for everyone. ill stop rambling on now. :lol: