-REMUS-
24-08-04, 00:43
so are melee shockers, whats new?

Genty
24-08-04, 00:44
Oh god, don't start this again.

Benjie
24-08-04, 00:46
*Theme from Parashock* (http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/master/Sonic_Boss.mid)
*Theme from Parashock Nerf* (http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/master/Sonic_GreenHill.mid)

guess whos the good guy?

:)

BlackwooD
24-08-04, 00:52
whiners whine to much, remove them

retr0n
24-08-04, 00:52
agreed, remove the damn things allready.

if anybody in beta feels the need to comment on the para in nc2
please do so :p

(yes yes, i know it's in violation to the nda bla bla...)

___T-X____
24-08-04, 00:54
whiners whine to much, remove them And trollers troll to much

http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp

BlackwooD
24-08-04, 00:59
whiner -

Someone who won't stop complaining about everybody else, but yet gets mad when they hear other people complain. They usually pay more attention how other people make them feel than to what they are actually saying.

Tratos
24-08-04, 00:59
everyone knows the damn parashock argument backwards can we just not LEAVE IT TO DIE, the balance of opinions ispretty much equal so i doubt anything is gonna happen as then the arguments will reverse and it'll ALL start over again.

So just ok? fine.

retr0n
24-08-04, 01:07
whiner -

Someone who won't stop complaining about everybody else, but yet gets mad when they hear other people complain. They usually pay more attention how other people make them feel than to what they are actually saying.

Let me guess, you play a ppu or like having one back you up?
Well, so do I... I play a ppu, and yes I do parashock... I even paraspam, but
only because everyone else does it, and if you dont, you fall behind, but it
will be one of the happiest days in neocron for me if it gets removed. It takes
ALL, yes ALL, skill out of fighting.

Shadow Dancer
24-08-04, 01:14
Remove them. I doubt it'll happen though. I don't think KK are doing anything with parashock or ppus for NC2. I guess i'll spend all my time in hacknet. :rolleyes:

BlackwooD
24-08-04, 01:45
I plan on living in hacknet myself

Xylaz
24-08-04, 02:01
so i see, everyone in nc2 will be fightin in hacknet and lone ppus will kill themselves to escape from boredom...

sounds like a plan :p

Rade
24-08-04, 02:34
keeeeeeeeeel

Shadow Dancer
24-08-04, 02:57
I plan on living in hacknet myself

Yep. Hopefully no stupid ppus or parashock in hacknet.

Spermy
24-08-04, 12:40
Yep. Hopefully no stupid ppus or parashock in hacknet.

Nope, just regular eleccy ones - ONOZ! HACKNET FATALLED! BUZZZ!

Original monk
24-08-04, 12:46
everyone hates parashock when the enemy uses it, but keep there mouth shut when there own ppu is using it ...

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 12:47
gotta love that troll put down. 5 star linkage.... :)

Hacknet is gonna be the place to be tbh. No (hopefully) lamers in there, no guards to punch, no zergs to go on, no belts to get hacked, no noob buffs to be cast on you, no parashock to be glued with and most of all... in the cold emptyness of cyberspace we can distance ourselves from the screams and whines of our fallen foes. what a life thats gonna be.

Benjie
24-08-04, 12:50
everyone hates parashock when the enemy uses it, but keep there mouth shut when there own ppu is using it ...
Not really.

ezza
24-08-04, 12:55
i recently headed to melee for abit on my tank, and using the shockers just feels like cheating, it makes it so easy its not even funny.

i wasnt using it, then neofraged a bit, saw effect.why has KK let melee have suck an effective tool like that

as for ppus ya that should of been removed long ago

was fighting over day, my ppu wasnt using his para, then after about a hour of enemy doing it to me, hes tells me over coms that hes gonna pull his para.

para people lose my respect

as for you hacknet users, sure you may be safe inside, but you gotta come out at somepoint, at which the genrep camping tank will be in his element :D

alig
24-08-04, 12:57
everyone knows the damn parashock argument backwards can we just not LEAVE IT TO DIE, the balance of opinions ispretty much equal so i doubt anything is gonna happen as then the arguments will reverse and it'll ALL start over again.

So just ok? fine.

But the people that want it removing are the people that actually know how to pvp and its them that suffer so much when some nib runs circles around you because you got stuck to the floor. Us good players are trying to get it accross to the noobs that it is lame, its been lame for 2 years and it'll be lame until they remove it and there is nothing as annoying as dying while your froze.

No. I hate using it on my ppu (the best reason for me using it is i get rank 91 with it), i hate fighting with a ppu and them using it, ill only tell them specifically to freeze if i get froze. Im not gunna fight along side a ppu with the most hell bound spell in neocron and have him not use it on my enemy while my enemy uses it on me and has at least a 100% advantage over me.

Ralendil
24-08-04, 12:58
I prefer 1000 times parashock instead of this cursed holy heal !!!!!

Nerf holy heal in foreign cast :p
Impossible to fight against PPU+APU...

For the Holy Paralysis I love it.
Especially cause I have played a PPU and used it.

Since the last nerf (on frequence) I find it perfect.
A PPU that para a lot can't support its team... so it is perfect.

Nerfing para would remove all interest to use it in my opinion.
It is long to cast, antishock pills act quickly, your mana pool is near empty after 2 para...

kerdezixe
24-08-04, 13:02
I want a PPU-malus in all (chaos) cave :

"ONOZZZ!!111 PLZ UP TEH PPU" :lol:

ezza
24-08-04, 13:04
if you need a ppu for chaos caves somethings wrong

winnoc
24-08-04, 13:46
Who cares about mana pools, that's what u got psi boosters for.

Original monk
24-08-04, 14:37
No. I hate using it on my ppu (the best reason for me using it is i get rank 91 with it), i hate fighting with a ppu and them using it, ill only tell them specifically to freeze if i get froze. Im not gunna fight along side a ppu with the most hell bound spell in neocron and have him not use it on my enemy while my enemy uses it on me and has at least a 100% advantage over me.

not all ppu's think the same and the use of para is still widely spread ... for the record, i dont mind being parashocked ... im used to the old pre-hybridnerf parashocks and compared to them, the current parashock is peanuts :)

so no, i dont think its overpowerd, if they wonna lower em even more then they better remove em completely :) (wich alot of people wouldnt mind hehe)

and benjie: intresting answer but a littlebit short not ? :P
thing i wanted to say is that alot of people complain about parashock and ppu's in general but when theres a ppu fighting along there side then all of the sudden it isnt THAT bad to shock "the enemy" ... or get rezzed half an hour later when they die ... ppu's change balance in the game but in both ways / on both sides :)

edit: a ppu in the chaoscaves is easy to reheal you faster then ya can heal yourself with a tl3 heal and medi's, and to combatboost you when youre leveling up a char ... but yes its a luxury if ya have one inside there :)

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 14:54
But the people that want it removing are the people that actually know how to pvp and its them that suffer so much when some nib runs circles around you because you got stuck to the floor. Us good players are trying to get it accross to the noobs that it is lame, its been lame for 2 years and it'll be lame until they remove it and there is nothing as annoying as dying while your froze.

What he said. Tbh normally i dont even carry a parashock for pvp, i jus prefer not to use it at all coz it takes the skill out of the game. The few times recently when i have had cause to use it was due to being outnumbered and outgunned while tryin to help a midlevel apu level a bit. Without bragging and naming names some twiglets came at us and tasted the business end of my ppu, para included. Afterwards i felt bad coz i used the para, however i felt good coz we won and i got 3 nice new dogtags.

Doc Holliday
24-08-04, 16:14
beep beep this is a thread hijack.......

back on topic. i can imagine his face when he wrote that. reread troll definition then think about the irony. whether u meant it or not t-x that was beautiful.

Original monk
24-08-04, 16:20
reread troll definition then think about the irony. whether u meant it or not t-x that was beautiful.

i yust read the troll defenition, and i dunno about tx as you said, but i myself feel like a troll yeah 8| sumtimes 8-|

Inchenzo
24-08-04, 17:09
i'd say leave the parashock alone, i see no problems with it and i've been paraschocked alot in the last 2 years..

Luckily some people carry around anti-para drugs :) the concentrated stuff.

p.s. i hardly ever play as a ppu, and he doesn't even have a holy para or any other para spell.

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 17:14
i yust read the troll defenition, and i dunno about tx as you said, but i myself feel like a troll yeah 8| sumtimes 8-|

i thnk you gotta know him as a person, ie his sense of humour, it comes across better that way. words on a screen often get misinterpreted. one mans joke is another mans flame etc.

Clownst0pper
24-08-04, 17:32
Why are parashock and dmg boost even in the game?

There both stupid. Felt this for a long time.

Xadhoom
24-08-04, 17:40
damage boost is fine, its a nice way to mark stealthers. Freeze sux. freeze should slow down, but it shouldnt decrease the mouse sensivity. To be true, to destroy the freeze spell completely would be a boost for the ppu.. PPUs are hard to kill, and without freeze spells, Armies with tons of PPUs would be even more unbeatable.

Gohei
24-08-04, 17:41
Yeah remove it. I play a nearly capped PPU and i still think it's a lame spell that's really not supposed to be in game.

DB on the other hand, i think should get a PE only class restriction.

Clownst0pper
24-08-04, 17:46
damage boost is fine, its a nice way to mark stealthers. Freeze sux. freeze should slow down, but it shouldnt decrease the mouse sensivity. To be true, to destroy the freeze spell completely would be a boost for the ppu.. PPUs are hard to kill, and without freeze spells, Armies with tons of PPUs would be even more unbeatable.

DMG boost is stupid, id rather see a "tag" spell which lights up stealthers rather than something that doubles dmg.

It just makes pvp overly short, and makes mob hunting too quick.

enigma_b17
remove para i dont really care but dont remove db. And makin it a pe only spell isnt rite either as its a psi spell, that cant be used by psi monks ;|

Birkoff
Yup para shock is pathetic needs a huge nerf- comming from a ppu

LiL T
24-08-04, 18:06
I think its fine where it is though it can be annoying but melee shockers are the worst

greendonkeyuk
24-08-04, 19:07
all freezers should be removed imo. Melee ones, freezer guns.. the lot.

___T-X____
24-08-04, 21:04
lol, u know me too well Doc & Green.

Anyway, im just 'searching for the truth'.... ;)

You can see that there are individuals that may have only played on a one char server with their ppu which is fine, and havent seen parashock from a more seasoned 'real' pvp'ers point of view - its these inexperienced players that dont put together a valid reason for keeping this ingame... ;)

solling
25-08-04, 13:22
Remooooooooooooove Paraaaaa/all shockers

garyu69
25-08-04, 15:44
I built a 4 slot holy paralysis last night.

Is that sexy?

ezza
25-08-04, 15:47
I built a 4 slot holy paralysis last night.

Is that sexy?
nope.

remember a constructer clan mate of mine built a 5 slot holy para for a enemy, then makes a nil slot CS for meh, needless to say i wasnt pleased.

any para could never be concidered sexy

deac
25-08-04, 16:30
just steal this from Shadowbane..

they have stuns.. the highest lvl of stun will freeze you for 14 seconds thats WAY worse than parashock.. BUT once its over you get a 1 min stun free period...

Soo this is the idea... get parashocked for 1 min get resistance to para for 3 mins... or 30 seconds para / 90 sec resistance.

If you use a drug/spell it will reset to 0

problem solved a little bit atleast.

paraspaming wont work.

Clownst0pper
25-08-04, 16:50
just steal this from Shadowbane..

they have stuns.. the highest lvl of stun will freeze you for 14 seconds thats WAY worse than parashock.. BUT once its over you get a 1 min stun free period...

Soo this is the idea... get parashocked for 1 min get resistance to para for 3 mins... or 30 seconds para / 90 sec resistance.

If you use a drug/spell it will reset to 0

paraspaming wont work.

Paraspamming wont work, but holy parashock glue with a dmg boost on you, your dead in seconds anyway.

Its just fucking stupid.

..i..DemonX
25-08-04, 17:40
3 Pages and still no spam close from Niddy? :wtf:

Shadow Dancer
25-08-04, 17:43
^^Why is it spam? Because you don't like it? :p

Not really. You won't survive being paraed for 30 seconds anyway.

deac
26-08-04, 16:22
^^Why is it spam? Because you don't like it? :p

Not really. You won't survive being paraed for 30 seconds anyway.

a ppu will .... and maybe a tank with a heal on him... apus will go down and no one says it HAVE to be 30 secs...

Shadow Dancer
26-08-04, 16:52
a ppu will .... and maybe a tank with a heal on him... apus will go down and no one says it HAVE to be 30 secs...

Being paralyzed for so long is the equivalent of paraspam. :p