PDA

View Full Version : Item WIPE - Role play

zii
23-08-04, 21:18
You know, having thought about this wipe et al., there is a role play side to this, if this affected anti-cty factions only:

Reeza doesn't like you. You're anti-city scum in his eyes. So he's kicked you all out of the city on pain of death. CA has given you 24 hours to do it. CA has confiscated your apartments and are about to change the entry codes via hacknet. You have to move fast and grab only the items you can carry in your small sack. Run mouse run.

Sounds like fun.

Opar
23-08-04, 21:19
You know, having thought about this wipe et al., there is a role play side to this, if this affected anti-cty factions only:

So everyone would go pro-city and the economy would still be fucked.

Yah.

Spikadelia
23-08-04, 21:32
I think he meant to suggest it was an RP explanation.

Of course RL governments devalue currency, freeze bank accounts etc etc. Appropriating all runners cash by using Reeza's long arm would re-set the economy n'est ce pas?

Hats off you to zii for trying to think creatively. Most of us are still either bleating or anguishing about the changes.

Kudos :cool:

Yavin-Jupiter
23-08-04, 21:33
"Due to some accidents the appartments of all runners have been closed and destroyed. In the meanwhile the goguardian-system got hacked by an attack of an unknown force and all items have been deleted." :o

Eddie
23-08-04, 22:34
There is already a RP ish explanation.

In the Neochron, if I remember rightly, it said that CA started going into other people's apartments and using their stuff.

If I could be bothered I would get the link.. but I'm sure someone else can =)

Eddie

aelfkins
23-08-04, 22:41
It's not about roleplaying, [ edited ]

zii
23-08-04, 23:57
Most of us are still either bleating or anguishing about the changes. Thanks Spika. I bleated at the start but now I see the brighter side of it. Its better just to get on and play the game. Less items for me to worry about to be honest.

It's not about roleplaying, [ edited ] I don't think that they lied about an item wipe, although I did shout that a couple of weeks ago. I've calmed down now. (I am not addressing anything else.)

Back to the role play:
Since the Reeza tyranical twat came and fucked us over they took some of our precious chips (CA used RFID tags, you know ;P ), and they took our pride, (wiped the Epic status). On est vas au Dome.

Clive tombstone
24-08-04, 00:52
hehe

" clive walks into Apt"
"spots a copbot in his cabinets"
"HEY Get your friggen hands off of my Warbot Colas!"

Viper Venom
24-08-04, 02:08
and, as a final note of rebelian, the TG with help of the FA destroy teh encripted codes of apartments and gogo's for all city based fractions, in hope the city sympathists will belive reesa in error ereaced there existance to, and rebel becoming anti city fraction

happy :( there that explains both sides

Viper Venom
24-08-04, 02:09
It's not about roleplaying, [ edited ] [ edited ]

Alpha-Omega
24-08-04, 09:30

Reeza doesn't like you. You're anti-city scum in his eyes. So he's kicked you all out of the city on pain of death. CA has given you 24 hours to do it. CA has confiscated your apartments and are about to change the entry codes via hacknet. You have to move fast and grab only the items you can carry in your small sack. Run mouse run.

Sounds like fun.
SWEET idea! And theres a solution to Pro-city as well.

In retribution for this slight against the free people of the wastes, the Twighlight Guardian and a sect of the Fallen Angels combine forces and bring down the entire CityAdmin database, GoGuardian records, most of the Genereplicator Data, Apartment registration etc. CityAdmin only gets time to save the information on the QuickBelt servers and the Runner DNA Archive (used for rebuilding your body) due to unknown intervention that prevens the entirety of Hacknet going under from the massive attack (the rogue AIs from under the city preserve HackNet, about time they got integrated into the storyline).

As a result of the attack and the subsequent looting, CityAdmin enforced martial law and executed everyone within the city, confiscating all items save those they could positively identify as to belonging to said persons. Due to the resulting economy crash, all bank accounts were reset and settlements were payed out to runners to compensate for their lost commodities. In the ensuing chaos, the anti-city factions succeeded in reaching the safety of the Dome of York.

There, try that for size, needs refining n tweaking but would work.

Crest
24-08-04, 09:40

Sounds like fun.

TG Canyons and Tch Haven aint in NC so they dont loose nothing

winnoc
24-08-04, 09:51
I like Alpha-omega's idea a lot.

Would make for good reading in neocronicle

The Ottoman
24-08-04, 10:08
SWEET idea! And theres a solution to Pro-city as well.

In retribution for this slight against the free people of the wastes, the Twighlight Guardian and a sect of the Fallen Angels combine forces and bring down the entire CityAdmin database, GoGuardian records, most of the Genereplicator Data, Apartment registration etc. CityAdmin only gets time to save the information on the QuickBelt servers and the Runner DNA Archive (used for rebuilding your body) due to unknown intervention that prevens the entirety of Hacknet going under from the massive attack (the rogue AIs from under the city preserve HackNet, about time they got integrated into the storyline).

As a result of the attack and the subsequent looting, CityAdmin enforced martial law and executed everyone within the city, confiscating all items save those they could positively identify as to belonging to said persons. Due to the resulting economy crash, all bank accounts were reset and settlements were payed out to runners to compensate for their lost commodities. In the ensuing chaos, the anti-city factions succeeded in reaching the safety of the Dome of York.

There, try that for size, needs refining n tweaking but would work.

They could make an event of it the day before they transfer all to NC2. Some sort of final event. A kind of farewell event of NC1. Neocron, MB, Techhaven and TG are invaded by hordes of DoY-troops, warbots, stormbots and they start attacking and killing everyone. Once you die you can't genrep and your data will be transferred to the new servers.

Alpha-Omega
24-08-04, 10:09
TY winnoc, i try my best :D If the powers that be wanna use part of or all of the idea then feel free, the only thing keeping me in Neocron is the hope that DoY will be good and they aren't going to screw the payment system up ( i REFUSE to use click2pay, consulted with me bank an the official 'n' unofficial line was "Dont touch em with a 30ft barge pole"). If im disappointed then this long-time customer of reakktor goes back to Anarchy Online, where at least theres good-looking women, lotsa guns, lotsa shit to kill, something for lowbies to do in the Notum Wars, customisable apts, easter eggs, a sense of humor that doesnt rely on irony, some nice people, fewer PKers *starts to go blue from lack of breath* did i miss anything? *breathes in*.

winnoc
24-08-04, 11:44
Yes, i gotta gather some info to cancel futurepay too.
However, i don't see the point in a company that gathers that much info about their customers.

I think KK should allow returning money transfers or something.