PDA

View Full Version : Most terrible thing ever!!!!!! help!!!

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 04:11
I have a bug, i try to log on and i can like..walk around and talk for like 2 seconds and then bam, neocron is gone and im on my desktop, ive tryed everything to fix it and nothing seems to work....im having neocron withdrawel symptoms. support desk hasnt responded yet. what should i do???

DaxAra
23-08-04, 04:27
i'm haveing the same problem sometimes..

what i do is setting NC to run in Windowed mode..
somehow that seems to be working

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 04:30
thanks, ill give that a shot.

this problem only began after i reinstalled windows and reinstalled neocron

edit:K just tryed that, now instead of just distapearing it gives me a windows xp error report popup

DaxAra
23-08-04, 04:36
yup, same thing here..

let me guess.. no hardware changes or so.. just reinstalling?

(btw.. Neocron will be running perfectly as long as you don't reinstall it. so i noticed.. just use the old files)

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 04:39
read my edit ^

yeh i reinstalled windows cuz, i couldnt fix a problem with my internet, and my harddrive was full....i patched neocron by way of the neocron ftp site so it only took like 10 minutes...i dida fresh reinstall wheni found this problem the first time, and the problem precisted

DaxAra
23-08-04, 04:51
remove all files (the windows way..) and then remove all rest files..

now reinstall ;)

****this MIGHT help****

(i've waited 1month for NC to work again)

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 04:59
what do u mean by "the windows way?"

DaxAra
23-08-04, 05:10
the windows way: [Start] -> [Settings] -> [Add or Remove Programs]
the real way: "rm -rf /"

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 05:50
im so pissed! just reinstalled neocron and repatched on a different partition, i even redownloaded the patches, same thing still happens! retarted!

NS_CHROME54
23-08-04, 06:04
my isp blocked my neocron :mad:. bastards

DonnyJepp
23-08-04, 06:51
while you wait, have a cabbit.

JPH
23-08-04, 07:17
err, are you cross breeding different species? is that legal?
Cool pic though.

As for the Neo crash, graphics drivers, INet security and windows updates.
Had problems with these in the past so is all I can advise to check.

Seven
23-08-04, 07:36
while you wait, have a cabbit.

LOL, Cats can't breed with Rabbits. :D

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 07:47
ha, i could roll back my grafix driver, but the old one conflicted with my internet so i would have to use the really old one, (nvidia)

solling
23-08-04, 15:59
i had a problem with my ati update for my graphics card, made me crash when using the arrow keys

wierdly enough i fxed it by removing the autotoolbar it had aka it ran the toolbar all the time and i made it not do it and woop fixed

Max Jefferson
23-08-04, 16:04
ha, i could roll back my grafix driver, but the old one conflicted with my internet so i would have to use the really old one, (nvidia)You don't have your num-lock on do you? I had a similar problem with my ATI card, and switching off num-lock prevented it. It's to do with the ATI taskbar icon, so I'm not sure in Nvidia cards suffer from it as well.

zii
23-08-04, 16:12
the real way: "rm -rf /"

Which would remove everything and won't work on Windoze unless you have Cygwin installed, and in which case would remove everything.

He he, more screaming on the forum boards :)

naimex
23-08-04, 16:39
Most terrible thing ever!!!!!! help!!!

I would be a lot more concerned if my dick fell off......

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 18:22
welll....2nd most terrible thing.

yeh i know that thing with the ati bs used to happen to me when i had a radeon card, but never happend with nvidia before, could have to do with the new driver, that would be absolutely rediculous if it was the case and ill shoot myself if the whole time it was because i didnt have numlock on.

Opar
23-08-04, 19:41
You run a file check?

I had a similar problem, files kept disappearing from my Neocron install, had to put my old motherboard back in.

[TgR]KILLER
23-08-04, 19:43
i had that to.. always had to do with my comp being as instable as fuck.. somehow it was in a place were it would gather loads of dust and i had to clean it every so many weeks cause it would get so dusty neocron would do that another other games would crash to.. din't read any other replies but try that :)

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 21:13
yeh, it only happens with neocron. and if that were the case it would prolly happen with doom3...but ill clean out teh dust anyways..it only started after i reinstalled windows.

ufora
23-08-04, 21:16
I have a bug, i try to log on and i can like..walk around and talk for like 2 seconds and then bam, neocron is gone and im on my desktop, ive tryed everything to fix it and nothing seems to work....im having neocron withdrawel symptoms. support desk hasnt responded yet. what should i do???

if you are using the arrow keys, turn number lock off.

as simple as it make sound that is probs what it is.

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 21:19
its not.....BUT

i have new news, i figured out that this doesnt occur until i use the keyboard, so i can log in and stay on neocron FOREVER but cant use the keyboard, can look around with mouse thow...i think mabye its cuz its a wireless keyboard and when i reinstalled windows i never reinstalled the software for the keyboard so mabye that could be it....what do u think?

edit: i use wasd

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 21:38
excuse the double post but, yeh i did 3 file checks, did my third reinstall last night, reinstalled windows when i first found i couldnt fix the problem, tryed uninstalling everything except neocron, tryed rolling back grafix driver twice, tryed so much shit and nothing seems to work, its really pissing me off....im going insane from a combination of doom3 and neocron withdrawel....its eating away at me

DaxAra
23-08-04, 21:43
Which would remove everything and won't work on Windoze unless you have Cygwin installed, and in which case would remove everything.

He he, more screaming on the forum boards :)
finally, somebody got it :P

I would be a lot more concerned if my dick fell off......
me to :D

Crackitakk
23-08-04, 21:55
GRRRRRRRR f'ing A, i Thot i had it, i rolled back grafix driver again and i was actually in for a few minutes, i sed "omg and started to move and i thot i fixed it and then i pressed alt+e to go to 3rd person and i was in third person and i was so happy and all of the sudden....theres my desktop, neocron is gone, damnit, i still havnt gotten a responce from the support desk, this is pissing me off, how long to i have tow ait to play neocron again!!??

Crackitakk
24-08-04, 04:01
HOLY SHIT I FIXED IT!!!!!

i figured out what it was, since i have a wireless keyboard it requires intellitype 5.0 to run properly, so as soon as i use the keyboard in nc, it would fuck up, so i downloaded and installed the software and it works perfectly, better than ever infact!

seraphian
24-08-04, 04:31
this sounds like the arrow key bug to me, getting the latest keyboard, graphics and sound card drivers might help.

There are a few theories about the arrow bug, one is that it is caused by the 'footstep' noise, so try no sound debug mode, also check to see if it *is* caused by the arrow keys, or just happens.

I got something like that with KotOR, and a defrag fixed it, so that might be worth a shot.

[edit] didn't notice you'd fixed it... oops, well glad it's solved, even more glad I was right about the keyboard :p :angel: