PDA

View Full Version : What You Gona Do?

Rude Boi
23-08-04, 01:10
Right this is directed mainly to the people moaning at the item wipe and saying that they have basicly wated the last 2 years or so on neocron.

Well, what are you people gona do as say when neocron 2 gets to this point, when its close to be closed for good, if theres gona be a neocron 3 or not :p

are you going to moan that uve wated X amount on years / months on it and demand for your money back?

i started wondering this earlier when my m8 asked me if i still play nc and if he should get it? (obviously i told him to wait till nc2 comes out :rolleyes: )

NeoChick
23-08-04, 04:21
There won't be a Neocron 3 and Neocron 2 won't be closed, perhaps just get a few expansions.
Neocron 1 was the baby, Neocron 2 is the grown up and will keep going and going and going

ok ok I feel positive today :)

Drexel
23-08-04, 06:05
We'll be dammed pissed, thats for sure.

The reason were upset is we signed onto Neocron with the fact that it was a perpetual world & DoY was just an expansion.

We had every reason to expect that whatever work we did now was good for at least 5 years.

So I opened 2 accounts, I have capped characters of all tradeskills & procedded to build up a massive personal wealth, i stayed away from pvp & figured id do that if i got bored later (still not bored yet).

Now after all this work i find i lose almost all,

ive done over 40 epics with the aim to have all characters as "Paladin', only to find i have to do them all again.

I have 100 million Neocredits, all from tradeskilling & hunting & putting over 1 thousand hours in repeditive, boring trade work with the aim of using the wealth to build the best customisable apparments money can by. Was even looking at running & sponsering appartment awards for the community.

I have over 1500 tech parts that will all be wiped.

I have over 40 vehicles - soon to be wiped.

I have approx 300 completed rares/chips/gloves etc.., of which i can only take a few.

I have approx 25 appartments - all ready to customise & begin to enjoy, that i will now lose.

I have NEVER exploited / duped a thing and put in more hours into the game than i now know I should have, I have let my work slip to make time for Neocron, I have let my relationship with my partner suffer when i should have been there alot more for her. These are my fault & they were my decision, however i based all these decisions on the original premise that Neocron was a perpetual world & i dont lose everthing every time i log off.

So instead for my dedication i am been punished by kk, with insinuations that anyone with wealth is a cheater & even the player-base is insulting me telling me the last 2 years of my life are not important, PvP type players are fine under this set up and do not understand what sort of time a player like me puts into the behind the scenes work, roleplayers & people that have tradeskilled for a living are getting absolutley fucked over by this re-launch of an 'expansion' that was supposed to happen in November 2002.

I now know i should have just PvP & keep my involement in the game shallow because the commitment i had to the game & the community is now not worth anything.

The cash wipe is absolute bullshit, my clan is rated 14th in cash stakes on our plannet & there are people out there who play this game alot more than us. The other clans with more cash than us ar not that far away, so there quite achiveable amounts to reach without cheating. THERE IS NOT BILLIONS OF DUPED DOLLARS FLOATING AROUND OUT THERE. There is no magical stash of duped credits, its all crap, theres the odd individual who has benefitted from these actions & alot have been identified & delt with. I beleive its just too hard to program to take all our possessions & cash so they are just going with the easy option, & to lighten the load on the servers.

A whipe will not 'fix' the economy, you watch, within 3 weeks of conversion the old prices will be back. MArk my words, you will never be able to buy your MC5 chip for 1 million (unless they add multiple mc5 locations & tone it down a bit), which is probable what all those for the wipe think will happen.

Even if you wiped everything (characters too), an organised person can have a capped character in 2 weeks & away we go, what are they gonna do, wipe everything each time a new player signs up to make it more 'balanced' ? No.

Bleh, ill stop now, only 7% of you have read this far, thanks for you paitence during my vent.

My 2nc (soon to be wiped)

See you in NC2 (dammit, wish there was a cure for this :( )

NeoChick
23-08-04, 06:15
Drexel I really feel for you.
Even though I don't have as much as you have, but I am close to that.
I have all those cabinets full or tech parts and took me two weekends to decide which ones should I take and cry over the ones I leave behind

Saying good bye to all my nice apartments, cars, bikes, Next vehicle etc
Have done all of the epics too, even the TG one that was kind of bugged
Done several epics twice or three times with my various chars
Worked like a slave to get some money saved up, and now my millions are kind of worthless
My constructor has cabinets full of multi slotted weapons, can't take any of them, no space despite having eight chars. (once you take your weapons, spells etc there is not much space left anyway

And it is true, we were all waiting for the promised expansion, and waited, and waited, and waited..........
Then the news about DOY and really no details at all until very recently, about what would happen to our chars, that was pretty bad!

Now the situation with virtually no english speaking person getting into beta.

Well, I better not start thinking too deeply about all of this otherwise I may just do something dramatic!

Drexel
23-08-04, 06:20
Thanks Neo *hugs

Go Aussie !

Krush
23-08-04, 06:48
I totally agree

I did everything the hard way and spent countless hours building items trying to get good ones, just to find out I may take maybe 1 of each if I am lucky to have room.

Too bad I did the epics numerous times.

I haven't read every post but it seems to me that from what I have seen that we got screwed.

I am crazy for this game. I couldn't bare not to log in a few times a day.
Ever spare minute I had and didn't have went into it.

now I have to do 90% of it all over again, this has put me right off

Maybe this kind of big decsion should have been discussed with us the people playing the game, maybe we could have helped come up with a better decesion.

And it would have been nice to have know earlier. so I could of cancelled my account and restarted it when Neocron (really) was ready.

Well thats my mini rant

I know they aint going to care. But I had to say something !!!

Viper Venom
24-08-04, 04:51
NC3 will probably only consist of a item wipe if the economy goes to pot again, and evil h4x get there duping going making hundreds of uber items, thats the only real reason for item wipe this time