PDA

View Full Version : Monk dex

MrChumble
22-08-04, 20:58
I know this subject has been gone over a zillion times, but I need some advice.

I'm sorting my saturn chars for the move to NC2. My monkeh hasn't capped dex yet and his int points are a mess cos of all the different things I've tried to get dex levels.

Currently I have:

4 Hacking
142 Psi Use
50 Weapon Lore
40 Construction
31 Implant

I need to commit to one thing and just bite the bullet and get it done...which is the best way to level dex just now? [ edited ]

I'd just do missions but I'd prefer to get dex capped this century.

Juht
22-08-04, 21:09
Yes, many solutions have been discussed over and over.

My PPU has 0 CST and I pop in CST2 & CST3 imps for 25CST, go to a factory for 25CST, use CST3 buff for 20CST, and lastly a CST glove for 15CST. That gives me a total of 85CST without spending any INT points. I was making drugs for my spy, but seeing as I won't need them much longer, I moved to making Wep8 and Wep9. Not to mention DEX went along fine, I was getting even more in INT, which I was liking. Took me less than 24 hours this way.

My friend's PPU has enough REC -- somewhere around 22 I think -- so that with a CST3 buff he has 40REC. With that he recycled piles of Wep5 or Wep6 up to Wep8. I think that whole process also took less than 24 hours.

Most of the other solutions require spending skill points... Waste of time imo.

Gohei
22-08-04, 21:09
Jusst too bad that missions are fucked on Saturn..
But i guess KK are on the "we are busy with NC2 atm, so were going to ignore it"
approach.. I'm building W10's like a madman on my monks... Alt tabbing between two and so far i got the PPU to 31 DEX and APU to 17. Thats after aprox 300 W10's on each...

Scikar
22-08-04, 21:23
Very hard research missions? Get a researcher to make you a big bunch of the 3 BPs you need for your faction's very hard research missions and do a bunch of them. Or recycle missions, buying the chems if you have plenty of cash that you don't need for NC2.

I don't know what the xp is like for them, but it's quicker than aggressor missions since they're very hard level and you just have to run from one part of your HQ to another.

hose187
23-08-04, 14:49
Very hard research missions give 600 xp a piece. Better than aggie missions, at least. But you need, what, somewhere close to 300k to get to level 35? Still will take forever and a day.

And I heard (just heard, not sure if it's true or not) that missions are only bugged for people in clans. My unclanned characters have no problems at all with missions on Saturn. If you leave your clan, you should be able to run missions again.

amfest
23-08-04, 14:56
Is that what it is? ..I haven't been playing cause my main comp is screwed and this one won't run neocron -_-;; . .. I had heard about the saturn bugged missions but if it's the you're in a clan so you can't run missions .. I remember that bug from "beta". Once you got into a clan you were screwed cause it wouldn't let you accept any new missions :\.

recycling sounds good I'd say. You don't have to worry about getting a batch of BPs.

winnoc
23-08-04, 15:08
Damn, you make me remember i have 51 pc to lom out of my ppu :-(

Birkoff
23-08-04, 16:12
Wait till DOY with the 2 years they have had to work on it hopefully they have made a way to lvl monk dex which isn't "exploiting"

shenten
23-08-04, 17:24
Wait till DOY with the 2 years they have had to work on it hopefully they have made a way to lvl monk dex which isn't "exploiting"

Erf I would rather capp my dex right now even if i have to build parts or poke my self for 24h in a row than waiting for DOY and realise that it can't be done anymore. Or that I have actually to simply walk around to level up my DEX :D :D and it will take ages to capp :p