PDA

View Full Version : Yo Everyone! Back for a couple days...

Heavyporker
22-08-04, 00:32
Can ya guys catch me up on what's happened since the last month or so? I don't have the time nor stamina to comb through 10 pages of forum threads...

Oh, and please, do go in detail... I'm still feeling a bit of the neocrack withdrawal...

Herbitt
22-08-04, 00:39
On what server? and if you mean overall then... item wipe = take 10 itmes + implanted imps and the armor your wearing.

Also - Open beta on september 5th or something.

Wank3r
22-08-04, 00:41
Yeah you might want to read this:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=107429

james_finn
22-08-04, 01:02
Hey HP!

Long time no see! Basically whats been happening is that all we can take to DoY (now called Neocron 2) is the ten items in our quickbelt, and all the implants and armour that we are wearing. All cash will be wiped as will appartments and such like.

As for whats happened on Pluto, well there was one major event (which i missed out on, again!) which was where y-reps were assaulting TG, people correct me if this is wrong, I wasnt there unfortunatly. It ran over three sucessive evenings! Pluto now is basically dead, now that 600 people are testing NC2 for us, theres hardly any population on any other the servers. Pluto did have a roaring trade for a couple of days when people stopped hoarding their Tech parts etc. as they realised that they were getting wiped, I dont know what its like anymore as I havent logged on since.

On another note dont buy a 6800GT until NC2 comes out as I have and my frames and textures are all buggered lol. Theres lots of problems with NC1 and DX9c cards!

Anyways Peace mate

Delphi

P.S. If ya have a herc tech goin spare can ya let me know pls?

Heavyporker
22-08-04, 01:16
My.....

Oh, dear Crahn.

What a nuke.

It's like someone pointed a ten-pounder cannon squarely at my groin and fired (with or without a ball in the chamber, so to speak, your choice).

All my precious stuff gonna be fucking gone!

SHIT! What the hell were they thinking?! How the hell do they expect any damn kind of continuity if everyone basically shows up naked in the wastelands?!?!

What about the uniques like tiger blood/cresent tabs/poisondrug and the "errors" like skin pieces and the rare organics that only came from beta 4 beasties?! what about my NExT medals?! What about my techpart library?! People build up large inventories or trophy cases for a reason! I had a fucking role, story, and persona all built up!

The smart alecks in that thread aren't helping at all. "Oh, pfft, all you need is a 9mm pistol and a kevlar cup, those noobs that pile up techparts are noobs and tards, those fools, fuck them, losers". People on Pluto *KNEW* me as the TechPart Guy, everyone came to me because odds were, I had the part they needed and would sell or trade it! We all had great stories and trophies, like Fenix with his Belt of Zargerous or other guys with blueprints of DoY RayCannons and Copbot bps and all those beautiful things!

Neocron was more than just a "game", it was a world, a reality. A chance to truly immerse yourself in something, have chances to try out things you aren't in real life.

Fuck.

If KK was building such a "superior" system, then it should be more than capable of fully connecting and conveying the "story" of Neocron over to Neocron: Beyond the Dome. A few simple things like increased item decay (like something loses condition even if you don't use it, so that even someone stashing a 6 slot Redeemer won't be able to use his in due course, but can still brag about it to a newcomer to one of the great Cities.) and more cashsinks that actually meant something ( I mean, FFS, I was hearing about faction taxes and all that, so really, was there a fucking need to just drop this crahndamn nuke?!)

Fuck.

I don't know if I can take this, even with the forced sabbatical.

DonnyJepp
22-08-04, 03:22
stuff

agreed

Mumblyfish
22-08-04, 03:27
What about the uniques like tiger blood/cresent tabs/poisondrug and the "errors" like skin pieces and the rare organics that only came from beta 4 beasties?! what about my NExT medals?! What about my techpart library?! People build up large inventories or trophy cases for a reason! I had a fucking role, story, and persona all built up!
Ten items. I too have unique items and rewards, but thanks to the "ten items plus armour/implants" bonus I can take ten of my most prized possessions. My totally irreplacable drugs, my Sploitzor Rifolz, a coupla nice BPs. Only the fools are taking weapons ;)

And it's nice to hear of you. I too was hit pretty bad by this wipe, but I actually found it quite fun to spend a few hours going through my collection, picking ten items I'd hate to part with. Just stick with it, Pluto misses ya, babes!

Benjie
22-08-04, 03:32
Guess who's head is going to explode from seeing yet another rant about item wipes? Heavyporker, it sucks but blame every fucking asshole who exploited. They are the reason you are loosing your stuff.

Biznatchy
22-08-04, 04:28
did anyone tell him about all epics are going to be wiped also. You cant take them with you in your ten items.

Speaking of head exploding welcome back HP.

Thundra
22-08-04, 04:29
its an arse but to be honest it might actually sort a few probs out. me and me mates have fook knows how many rares we need but uses the time we have to trade for the items u want to transfere and u will end up with a fairly good deal. at the end of the day if it means a better economey (i give it 2 months before its compleatly screwed again) then all the better i guess. we will get used to it and i spose at least there givin us summin. still think there should b one server where u have to start fresh. if they made pe's good again if make a new one there as i always loved that class. will never deleate mine even is he is usles at the mo.

Chaos81
22-08-04, 09:52
My.....

Oh, dear Crahn.

What a nuke.

It's like someone pointed a ten-pounder cannon squarely at my groin and fired (with or without a ball in the chamber, so to speak, your choice).

All my precious stuff gonna be fucking gone!

SHIT! What the hell were they thinking?! How the hell do they expect any damn kind of continuity if everyone basically shows up naked in the wastelands?!?!

The smart alecks in that thread aren't helping at all. "Oh, pfft, all you need is a 9mm pistol and a kevlar cup, those noobs that pile up techparts are noobs and tards, those fools, fuck them, losers". People on Pluto *KNEW* me as the TechPart Guy, everyone came to me because odds were, I had the part they needed and would sell or trade it! We all had great stories and trophies, like Fenix with his Belt of Zargerous or other guys with blueprints of DoY RayCannons and Copbot bps and all those beautiful things!

Neocron was more than just a "game", it was a world, a reality. A chance to truly immerse yourself in something, have chances to try out things you aren't in real life.

Fuck.

If KK was building such a "superior" system, then it should be more than capable of fully connecting and conveying the "story" of Neocron over to Neocron: Beyond the Dome. A few simple things like increased item decay (like something loses condition even if you don't use it, so that even someone stashing a 6 slot Redeemer won't be able to use his in due course, but can still brag about it to a newcomer to one of the great Cities.) and more cashsinks that actually meant something ( I mean, FFS, I was hearing about faction taxes and all that, so really, was there a fucking need to just drop this crahndamn nuke?!)

Fuck.

I don't know if I can take this, even with the forced sabbatical.

Yes a persona...I can see it now.

"I am teh techpart guy!!!11 I have teh techparts yuo nid! It tis all eh dooo!!!111onetwothree."

I like this part:

Reality check!

If you were such a superior roleplayer then you'd be able to fit this into your stories. Otherwise this is just hot air.

Saza
22-08-04, 10:49
OMFG, welcome back Heavy ya sexy mofo. Why the hell did you leave me all alone :(:(:( Meanie.

solling
22-08-04, 13:34
its for the good of the n00bs heavy go with it :)

Agent L
22-08-04, 18:43
No shit Benjie.
There aren't many exploited items. Just few CopRifles, cloned rare drugs, and some all-arti rares.
Even today you can't find them in use, nor they have any impact on game. So there are no reasons to item wipe except name change from NC1 to NC2.
And if you don't know who Porker is, don't say a word. You can't comfort him.