PDA

View Full Version : Researching and fixed tips?

P4mp3rk3
21-08-04, 17:07
I'm wondering if people are interested in having fixed prices for researching, eg:
up to TL 50 about 1000nc per item
up to TL 75 about 1500nc per item
up to TL 100 about 2000nc per item
above TL 100 about 3000nc per item
rareparts, I dunno yet

(These are rought numbers, I'm asking for input so I can alter it to what people think is fair)

So, what would you consider fair pricing if you provided lube and cubes, and what do you think I should ask if people don't provide lube (I was thinking 50nc/item of lube)

Roc-a-fella
21-08-04, 17:11
....not everyone is going to follow one way of doing something

P4mp3rk3
21-08-04, 17:13
I don't want them to, it's for myself....:wtf:

Benjie
21-08-04, 17:16
I tip about 200-400k for a full set of pokes. I've tipped 1 mill to get my Marine repaired and poked before now because I was in a hurry. Anyone who refuses to poke me for being Black Dragon (usually CM) becomes kos. ;) I tip all factions the same.

Sometimes people refuse tips. People who refuse tips during off-peek hours I threaten to kos unless they except my tip. I would never pull through, but people who stand in plaza 1 during off peek on pluto offering pokes deserve a godamn medal.

P4mp3rk3
21-08-04, 17:18
I tip about 200-400k for a full set of pokes. I've tipped 1 mill to get my Marine repaired and poked before now because I was in a hurry. Anyone who refuses to poke me for being Black Dragon (usually CM) becomes KOS. ;) I tip all factions the same.

don't you think you ruin the economy like that? People have too much money and it's too easy to get (imo)

Benjie
21-08-04, 17:21
don't you think you ruin the economy like that? People have too much money and it's too easy to get (imo)
I have been accused of that in the past, but I disagree It's money in pocket money out of pocket. I often participate in scams against pro-city factions to earn my cash (not in a leet way, in a r.p. way), and I have no problem in passing on my money to the hard working tradeskillers within the city. The true people who destroy the econamy are the exploiters.

Researching tips usually include a selection of rares that I don't want, a set amount of cash per ID agreed with by the researcher and mutated arm "want a hand with that" joke. ;)

Viper Venom
21-08-04, 17:47
lol thats stupid, a lvl 3 reserch takes 2 seconds, and i have to get em in a batch of 100, that would end up costing more than the 250k i shell out on parts

it all depends on the time, sumtimes i pay ppl nothing, some times i give em 50k if i been looking all day and finaly find sumbody who can do it,

if sumbody demanded money id prob go to another person, i dont mind givign money when its optional, but when its demanded they can F*** off lol

i dont charge ppl for using my barter beast, ime jus happy those bits of int exp i get of using my skills

Viper Venom
21-08-04, 17:48
oh and as benji said, i some tipes tip a million if i been needing a person to do me pokes if i been looking forever,

and it dont ruin the economy, say i have 20mil in my hand, sumbody wants some cash, i give them 2 mil, not like its adding any cash, jus transfering it to poor ppl from rich ppl

EDIT: forgot to add if i have a rich alt (like my uber barter character) who can buy about 1000 DC's and enough lube to last me a long time, i offer services for free, i would only be filling my dc's with crap if i didnt, i like the exp and a noob would make cash with a resercher when u could jus own teh doy tunnels or the bots and sell the stuf u get from hacking bots, (dont forget 4 slots servers international means u can have atleast one pure fightning character (with 50 hacking, i can hack a bot with 40, cos tis easyer but still :P)

P4mp3rk3
21-08-04, 18:16
lol thats stupid, a lvl 3 reserch takes 2 seconds, and i have to get em in a batch of 100, that would end up costing more than the 250k i shell out on parts

I can agree with that, it is why I made this thread.

So, what would you, as my customer, find an acceptable price? The prices and techlevels I posted are only to give the general idea.

I won't go in on the economy thingy, as it's not what I wanted to discuss. I'm not gonna go make my own thread go off-topic :)

Viper Venom
21-08-04, 18:30
depends how long and how much hassel to the resercher it is, u cant jus ahve a set price, i payed one resercher/constructor 100k cos he went out of his way to resercher me 5 bp's of 8 psi spels, then come to crytons where i payed for parts, and then constructed them, adn then modded them, if the person goes to alot of haslel to help u, u should pay them well

Spermy
21-08-04, 18:58
If I have money - I'll tip , but at the mo I'm skint as - been going through a lot of armour hunting mobs for rares, I have a tendency to bite off more tha i can chew and It's amazing how quickly some armour pieces degrade.