PDA

View Full Version : another funny bug

S a W
21-08-04, 15:45
You all probably had the bug when u zone u end up in some guys elevator apartment.
I was sitting on the benches in plaza 2 wen I zoned to some guys viarosso apartment through the GR :lol:
anyone else had that and why the hell does it happen?

Spermy
21-08-04, 16:05
Pfft, took me 15 minutes to get from plaza one border to plaza 2, kept synching in and out... :eek:

Is strange.

Thundra
21-08-04, 16:11
no idea why it happens but its been there since beta.

u sometimes zone and turn into someone else, thats always fun. at least the stop u zoneing into the dredded field of warbots.

Masentaja
21-08-04, 23:45
Yea I have bad experience in synching in odd places, I've been PK'ed like 5 times 'cause of that. Not every tank is happy to see spy lurking in your apartment elevator o_O

Spermy
21-08-04, 23:59
Have you ever noticed though - no matter what, you have this compulsion to go ring the door bell?

[TgR]KILLER
22-08-04, 00:17
lol i still remember one time.. ages ago by now.. but i was just walking in plaza 1.. running from plaza 2 to plaza 4.. and right infront of yakarma's in plaza 1 i suddenly synced. and after a few seconds i was at drakkan OP right in the middle of some NDA ( we were at war ) lol lucky the GR was close so i could get my ass out.. but god that was strange.

Sorin
22-08-04, 00:20
I've had them sometimes where I was trying to zone from one plaza sector to another and I ended up in a TG apt (good thing I wasn't hostile to TG on that character), another time I was doing the same thing except I ended up in someone's MB apt (wasn't hostile to MB, at least).

The one's where you synch into a zone, only to random synch into someone's apt in the same zone isn't that bad because you can just come downstairs. But walking from one zone to another in NC, only to end up in an apt way the hell across the map in TG or MB is bad.

retr0n
22-08-04, 00:22
KILLER']lol i still remember one time.. ages ago by now.. but i was just walking in plaza 1.. running from plaza 2 to plaza 4.. and right infront of yakarma's in plaza 1 i suddenly synced. and after a few seconds i was at drakkan OP right in the middle of some NDA ( we were at war ) lol lucky the GR was close so i could get my ass out.. but god that was strange.

I had a similar experience, only I zoned right down to the UG at some
enemie clans op as they were gathering. All i was able to see was some
red people, 2 seconds later i was on my back :p

Dirk_Gently
22-08-04, 01:28
I had the one where you zone to someones apt and turn into them. He shot at me and dropped dead.

Shakari
22-08-04, 02:14
I had the one where you zone to someones apt and turn into them. He shot at me and dropped dead.

I had a funny encounter as my tank I warped into a spies app in plaza 2 from the aggie pits.... but I spawned as the spies app it wass model he ran up and yanked a PE out :D:D, the the so called "strange spy" yanks out his CS :D:D

lol he was quite surprised to say the lease :D should still have the screenie somehwere lol

Satocastix
22-08-04, 02:19
One of the funniest bugs that happened to me happened just recently when I was talking to an NPC in the NeoFrag. He started calling me Parker (the character from the NC demo) and spat out random lines from the demo's script and wouldn't stop until I hit escape.

I've had the apartment bug and I've turned into other people too. :)

Birkoff
22-08-04, 02:26
I turned into a clany on my 15/20 PE that i jsut got to the swamp caves while comming out of the UG. When wanting to GR out i noticved i had his GR lsit so i GRed straight to escador oasis and didnt have to walk or venture warp :D

Herbitt
22-08-04, 02:28
I venture warped once and this guy zoned bugged to where i ended up, in the middle of no where, ROFL , was he mad ;)

he was ppu too, couldnt kill me through his frustration :lol:

Yadot
22-08-04, 03:57
will we have to worry abuot things like that in NC2?

Thundra
22-08-04, 03:58
more than likely.

hopefully not tho. i get the fealing that it wouldnt be nc without them tho

Drake6k
22-08-04, 04:14
When I was next I was hunting with a clanmate in the Grant zone. For no reason at all he got that bug and appeared in the GEF (big tg clan at the time) clan apartment. :p They told him to leave the apartment or die, so he went back down the lift and the guards ended up killing him. Good times!

Thundra
22-08-04, 04:17
When I was next I was hunting with a clanmate in the Grant zone. For no reason at all he got that bug and appeared in the GEF (big tg clan at the time) clan apartment. :p They told him to leave the apartment or die, so he went back down the lift and the guards ended up killing him. Good times!

lol so typical. sums op the beta days. as i said b4 anyone who played from early beta or even early retail will remeber zoning into the filed of warbots.

happy days

Shadow Dancer
22-08-04, 04:56
Reminds me of the time falls used to kill people. One time I logged on and fell from the sky and died. Haha.

Birkoff
22-08-04, 07:48
Reminds me of the time falls used to kill people. One time I logged on and fell from the sky and died. Haha.

That used to happen everytime u GRed to elfaid , till they fixed the gr (3rd tiem luckY) :P

-Demon-
22-08-04, 14:30
That used to happen everytime u GRed to elfaid , till they fixed the gr (3rd tiem luckY) :P

Or you fell into a spawn of Y reps or something else quite deadly :p

Mr Kot
22-08-04, 14:52
Yea I have bad experience in synching in odd places, I've been PK'ed like 5 times 'cause of that. Not every tank is happy to see spy lurking in your apartment elevator o_O

I know the feeling. Now is it just me? or does anyone else find that they never warp into an allied persons appt? It's always somebody hostile, usually a capped APU or a capped spy with a very good 17slot slasher that he just happens to be carrying at the time. :( I'm lucky that i've never been PKed tho... when i get the long black synch screen in the middle of plaza, i know what's coming and i'm poised with my mouse ready to hit that "Ground Floor" elevator button damn fast. I usually escape with just a precious few HP.

Have you ever noticed though - no matter what, you have this compulsion to go ring the door bell?

God, i HATE that when ppl zone into mine and wont stop spamming the goddam bell :mad: They always say something lame like "Can i come in? i just wanna use your GR. Pleeeeeease? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?" They must think i was born yesterday.

And just for the record, if any lamer does kill someone who has mistakenly zoned into their appartment, don't even consider hacking their belt to steal. In my book, that's regarded as "gaining personal advantage by expoiting a bug or weakness in the game" and we all know what that means......

nobby
22-08-04, 18:21
i was in my apt putting some rares away in my cab and some spy, (cant remember his name) got out his healing light and shouted "get out my fecking apartment or ill kill you" :lol:

but i had a bug and i got into the corridor of rangers' apartment heh, didnt know the password anyhow.