PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else afraid of transfering their char to NC2?

Shadow Dancer
21-08-04, 06:15
Anybody else worried that there might be a screwup and some people might end up in NC2 without any of their items?

SorkZmok
21-08-04, 06:21
YES.
Actually, i`m more scared about me being to lazy to sort out all my chars in time. :D

Omnituens
21-08-04, 08:43
yes to both points mentioned above.

i want a very definite date for when the items have to be put into our QB slots for transfer.

And a backup made so just in case the transfer is screwed up, i can get all my items back, none of this "cant return items" bullshit.

Archeus
21-08-04, 08:58
Stay scared. :D It will give me a chance to move my characters as "Shadow Dancer" :lol: ;)

juvestar15
21-08-04, 09:03
You're not going to be able to do that are you?
I thought any legitimate name in NC1 would already be set aside for use in NC2 so shit like that wouldn't happen.

Archeus
21-08-04, 09:17
You're not going to be able to do that are you?
I thought any legitimate name in NC1 would already be set aside for use in NC2 so shit like that wouldn't happen.

Don't think so. Even if it did, what happens if you have three 3 different players on different servers with the same name and they all want to move to the same server?

Clownst0pper
21-08-04, 11:38
I wont be hear :( University calls, all the same though, I am worried aye :confused:

giga191
21-08-04, 11:41
The thing that scares the the most is the thought of only one 4 char server which would result in my loosing 4 high lvl characters

Glok
21-08-04, 11:44
I'm not worried because my chars can collectively get what they need again even if they have nothing.

Agent L
21-08-04, 11:49
I'm only scared of name theft coz my name is my most valuable asset.

Darth Slayer
21-08-04, 12:10
Silly question this what can u take with u. Is it everything in your Quikbelt and Implant screen ?

Scorpius.

Glok
21-08-04, 12:12
Silly question this what can u take with u. Is it everything in your Quikbelt and Implant screen ?

Scorpius.Quickbelt, implanted implants, armor.

Birkoff
21-08-04, 12:15
Not fussed about name stealing, i can't use either of my names in nc2 n e way.

If they screw up they will lose a lot of customers that ahve stuck here for ages for the day that doy is released if they don'ty compensate ppl with more than 100k they will leave.

I have faith :)

retr0n
21-08-04, 12:19
I have to say i'm a little worried... As someone mentioned, they should give
us a set date for when the items must be in the QB. The day after they
should take the server down and make a backup just incase so it's not like
"Uuuuuuh our script isnt working. Damn no backups. Here's 100k"

Scikar
21-08-04, 12:27
I'm not. The DB errors we've seen so far have occurred when there's a hardware fault, i.e. packets being lost, server crashing, etc. They don't just happen for no reason.

S a W
21-08-04, 12:50
Would there not be a chance, say a character called john smith on uranus and a there was a john smith on pluto but on 2 different accounts. What would happen if they both got mixed up and the guy from uranus got the pluto's John Smith from some other guys account 8|
Probably not, but i wouldnt like it to happen.

MrChumble
21-08-04, 12:56
Would there not be a chance, say a character called john smith on uranus and a there was a john smith on pluto but on 2 different accounts. What would happen if they both got mixed up and the guy from uranus got the pluto's John Smith from some other guys account 8|
Probably not, but i wouldnt like it to happen.
I'm more worried that this mysterious 'Solitaire' guy on saturn, who hasn't logged in for about two years and no one has heard of, is going to magically reappear just at the right moment to stop me using the Solitaire name on the new server.

Agent L
21-08-04, 12:57
as far as I understood, you will log onto website and will be given choice from all chars on your accnt.
One cannot move chars between accounts.

Archeus
21-08-04, 13:16
I'm more worried that this mysterious 'Solitaire' guy on saturn, who hasn't logged in for about two years and no one has heard of, is going to magically reappear just at the right moment to stop me using the Solitaire name on the new server.

Thats second on my character name list. :D

MrChumble
21-08-04, 13:19
Thats second on my character name list. :D
Omigod you thieving gyspy scum whore!!!

If you're moving to the new 4 player international server you'd better come up with a new name :p

I'll cry so hard if I lose the 'Solitaire' name, I've been using it since my first day in game :)

Birkoff
21-08-04, 13:41
Omigod you thieving gyspy scum whore!!!

If you're moving to the new 4 player international server you'd better come up with a new name :p

I'll cry so hard if I lose the 'Solitaire' name, I've been using it since my first day in game :)

Feel sorry for the people that can't use the name they have been using sine the beggining of retail due to this new gay filter shit

Drexel
21-08-04, 13:53
Shit Scared. :(

Im gonna wait a week (or 2) & read here for updates, make sure its all working first.

Spermy
21-08-04, 13:59
Well, bit aprehensive - and still not got all me chars sorted - but have a ton of rares to make an ubar spy in NC2... Pity I play a tank =\

-Demon-
21-08-04, 14:19
I do find it bad that come doy I could be robbed of my name, one of the very reasons that people supported the name filter was getting rid of people tricking poeple(You gotta be thick really) with a similar name.

Look at this for example someone has stolen A's name and B is A's old clanmate from nc1 and they meet in DoY :

B: Hey dude could you hold some of my stuff for me.

A: Sure!

B: Here you go.

A: Bahahhaha !!!1111!!! I have your stuff ahaha

B: wtf?!!

The name filter gets rid of one problem which to be fair could be solved by just people using common sense and creates pissed off ppl that have lost there names to some nib and makes the problem even worse than before!

Drexel
21-08-04, 14:30
The name filter is primarily to stop 1337 kiddy names like 5h1t5c4r3d111000111 etc.. (Damn, thats kinda cool, just came up with that, might use it) :D

And shit names like *** (sorry *** ;) )

Its to make games more roleplayish, real names.

Im kinda cool with it, i have names that all pass, just as long as no fucker beats me too em.

Birkoff
21-08-04, 14:41
Your going to be ok with it if it doesnt effect you in the slightest.... its fuckers liek me that can't use my name even though its not a bad name. *sighI really hope they chnage it so that u can have like 4 symbols or numbers or something.

Viper Venom
21-08-04, 17:51
who cares, they fuk up ill start again, not hard like, we have all started new characters if we been playing over 2 yers, many MANy times

Agent L
21-08-04, 18:50
yeah, mmog is all about ppl you know. So when you can't tell who is who it just... sucks. Everyone will have to learn who is enemy and who is friend again. That's why I say get rid of any filters, although my name will fit.

Glok
21-08-04, 18:56
My chars:

Sinister Intent: Hybrid Monk
Delatisk: Uber tradeskiller
Sarah Stone: Uber HC PE

Steal it if you want, I couldn't care less. I will make new and better names for myself in NC2.

Scikar
21-08-04, 19:44
yeah, mmog is all about ppl you know. So when you can't tell who is who it just... sucks. Everyone will have to learn who is enemy and who is friend again. That's why I say get rid of any filters, although my name will fit.
That's why I like it actually. In NC2 the anti-city factions are supposed to be working together more and likewise for the pro-city. So anything that will help stop the current wars between say TG and BD is a good thing IMO. Maybe in NC2 people will actually start fighting who they're supposed to be.

Biznatchy
21-08-04, 20:53
I'm not. The DB errors we've seen so far have occurred when there's a hardware fault, i.e. packets being lost, server crashing, etc. They don't just happen for no reason.

This made me giggle, can anyone that has played neocron for more then a few months still be that naive.

Shit disappears all the time. The GOGO bug is a classice bug. The idea of KK pulling off this move without more then a few people losing shit is a long shot at best. It like playing chicken with a truck in a yugo.

Scikar
21-08-04, 21:24
This made me giggle, can anyone that has played neocron for more then a few months still be that naive.

Shit disappears all the time. The GOGO bug is a classice bug. The idea of KK pulling off this move without more then a few people losing shit is a long shot at best. It like playing chicken with a truck in a yugo.
Bugs with the Gogo etc. are more network related than anything else. Stuff doesn't just randomly vanish for no reason. When apartments get wiped, it's generally because the previous apartment is overwritten by a new empty one by mistake. Moving characters over from one server to another is a completely different matter, because it's all local.

You think I'm naive just because I trust KK? That's nice. Let me ask you: if you really have such little faith, why are you still here paying KK money? There's only one reason you could justify still paying that cash - that you believe things will improve. However, like several others here, if anyone talks about things improving you immediately discount it as rubbish and declare that things will never get better, they'll always be this bad, etc. etc. I'm paying for something I enjoy. You're paying for something you've done nothing but bitch about. Call me naive all you want, I'd rather be naive than pathetically sad.

Viper Venom
22-08-04, 01:50
You think I'm naive just because I trust KK? That's nice. Let me ask you: if you really have such little faith, why are you still here paying KK money? amen brother lmao

Herbitt
22-08-04, 02:42
they fuck it up, i leave.

Glok
22-08-04, 03:12
they fuck it up, i leave.Whatever. You know you will be here until the end.

Herbitt
22-08-04, 03:13
yea probably :/

Shadow Dancer
22-08-04, 03:16
Stuff doesn't just randomly vanish for no reason. .

Then how come my backpack just vanished? O_O

Lost my 4 slot HL. So much for bringing my prized possession to NC2. :rolleyes:

Herbitt
22-08-04, 03:28
A DS dissapeared from me once...

Scikar
22-08-04, 03:29
Then how come my backpack just vanished? O_O

Lost my 4 slot HL. So much for bringing my prized possession to NC2. :rolleyes:
EDIT: On second thought, never mind.

Judge
22-08-04, 05:04
You're paying for something you've done nothing but bitch about. Call me naive all you want, I'd rather be naive than pathetically sad.

Haha... I have to fit that into my sig somewhere....