PDA

View Full Version : Should Rares be taken out of NC2

Biznatchy
20-08-04, 06:50
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=107809

I really liked what this guy was saying and one of the only things he left out was to make it a poll. As we all love polls.

Psycho_Soldier
20-08-04, 07:09
No offense but you have to be a retard to not be able to get a rare as just a casual player. I don't consider rares, rare. I just consider them a fun and better way of obtaining weapons compared to the way good non rares are obtained. It took me about 8 hours of hunting rare parts to get a CS. If you go to MC5, about 5 hours and you can have enough to trade to get all the weapons you will ever need. At least thats the way it is with the current economy.

Lucid Dream
20-08-04, 07:10
I voted no.
Spent a fuckton of time getting my gun, and as a spy, I have a limited role to play - which would be pointless if i didnt have a silent hunter.

Napalm82
20-08-04, 07:27
Out of the options i voted no...HOWEVER the rare database should be greatly reduced....and there should be some higher TL store weapons...where rares just give a wee bit of an edge.

Nvidia
20-08-04, 08:09
Well... it was one TOUGH decision on my part. My mind raced... "Peanut butter... sex as a baby..."

In the end though, it was too much for me to resist.

"No I want the big advantage over the casual play as I have no life, skill, or job and havent been laid since I was hatched." suits me best, I think. :D

..i..DemonX
20-08-04, 08:33
Well... it was one TOUGH decision on my part. My mind raced... "Peanut butter... sex as a baby..."

In the end though, it was too much for me to resist.

"No I want the big advantage over the casual play as I have no life, skill, or job and havent been laid since I was hatched." suits me best, I think. :D

lol i agree! :lol:

ichinin
20-08-04, 08:49
No. Collecting storebought weapons is fucking booring. Rare items should be rarer though. (halve the droprate)

WebShock
20-08-04, 09:12
lol what the fuck?

this is such a stupid idea. if you want to start fresh go join one of the fresh servers. if i lost my mc5 imps and weapons i wouldnt play anymore.
pvp and playing this game with non rares is boring as all hell.

its not about having an advantage, its about maintaining the stuff i slaved for in the past 2 years.

whether you guys like it or not this game is a hybrid. its part fps part RPG. if nc was solely a rpg i wouldve quit playing it a year ago. you take out rares and you kill the fps part of the game. not to mention that KK has more sense than to appease the 2-3 rpg fanboi's that want to turn this game to some lackluster FF sci-fi thing.

give me your rares if you dont want them.

some of us play this game solely for the pvp. please quit trying to make this game into something uninteresting to the fps players. if you want to rp pop your LE in and go use this game as a irc. me, i play to gank and for the competition of a equal foe.

like they say in the US:
If it ain't broke, DONT FIX IT!

Nvidia
20-08-04, 09:22
^------------------- What he said pretty much sums it up for me as well. Nice way of putting it there, WebShock! :)

SynC_187
20-08-04, 11:24
Whether I agreed or not I wouldn't vote on a childish bias poll like this. I think the "No, I want....." option probably applies to the thread starter with such a sad option like that.

-=BlackBeard=-
20-08-04, 12:33
ermm no :lol:

Agent L
20-08-04, 14:05
there should be about 3-5 "rareparts" at most, as I posted in mentioned thread.

retr0n
20-08-04, 14:11
Polls should be fucking removed from these forums, or you should only be
able to make Yes/No polls. Your options fucking suck dude.

No I want the big advantage over the casual play as I have no life, skill, or job and havent been laid since I was hatched

I was a "casual" player for a year in this game, while i was in the army I only
had the chance to play a couple of hours every second weekend. I had no
problem at all getting rares.

Biznatchy
20-08-04, 14:38
No offense but you have to be a retard to not be able to get a rare as just a casual player. I don't consider rares, rare. I just consider them a fun and better way of obtaining weapons compared to the way good non rares are obtained. It took me about 8 hours of hunting rare parts to get a CS. If you go to MC5, about 5 hours and you can have enough to trade to get all the weapons you will ever need. At least thats the way it is with the current economy.

No ive been both powergamer (when i was laid off from work), and now weekend hardcore/ going to bed as work comes early. I have all the rares I could need, some of them are not slotted as well as i would like but what the hell. When I built my first paineaser It took me collecting about 200 or so parts then trading to get the ones I didnt have. It came out no slots and I was pissed. I really dont what people to have that happen, and it be such a big deal.

BTW did anyof you that voted no really read the post that I linked to. I should have pasted it here as I know you guys are to lazy to go read it.

steweygrrr
20-08-04, 14:41
When they make non rares that do equivakent damage to rare-weapons in PvP then maybe. Not now though because even the highest tech level non rare CANNOT kill anyone with any kind of buff or heal running.....just doesn't do enought damage.

Biznatchy
20-08-04, 14:43
Polls should be fucking removed from these forums, or you should only be
able to make Yes/No polls. Your options fucking suck dude.

Well there is YES and there is NO in the options the other were just poking fun. Fuck off.

I was a "casual" player for a year in this game, while i was in the army I only
had the chance to play a couple of hours every second weekend. I had no
problem at all getting rares.

That was back when a warbot could drop 3 parts often and you almost always got at least one part on a warbot, LoL nobody had a hard time getting rares then. The current drops of getting a part in 1 of 3 or 4 warbots its alot harder.

And did you have clan help, ill bet you did. So fuck off.

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 14:45
ooooh yes of corse
blacksun vs a LiquidFire - THE PVP OF THE WORLD

of corse they shouldn't be removed.....even tank would carry round a TPC and speed gat and look all shitty - pistol PE's would have nothing, spies would just be a mock, and well - fuck the ppu's and apu's lol

Gohei
20-08-04, 14:47
No, I want the big advantage over the casual play as I have no life, skill, or job and havent been laid since I was hatched

Biznatchy
20-08-04, 14:47
When they make non rares that do equivakent damage to rare-weapons in PvP then maybe. Not now though because even the highest tech level non rare CANNOT kill anyone with any kind of buff or heal running.....just doesn't do enought damage.

That is indeed the shallowest excuse for rares. Adjusting item damage or buff would be an easy fix to this and is well needed. Or just adjust the const cap that doesnt need to be. Let people make tl 89 items at 100% if they have the skill to do it.

This is also one reason they need to do it. You cant pvp with non rares is part of the problem.

retr0n
20-08-04, 14:48
Well there is YES and there is NO in the options the other were just poking fun. Fuck off.

That was back when a warbot could drop 3 parts often and you almost always got at least one part on a warbot, LoL nobody had a hard time getting rares then. The current drops of getting a part in 1 of 3 or 4 warbots its alot harder.

And did you have clan help, ill bet you did. So fuck off.

So? I was playing a few hours EVERY SECOND WEEK... A casual player will
play a bit more then that, and no, i did not have a clan to help me out...
Stop being so damn lazy and go hunt.

Lareolan
20-08-04, 14:51
The most idiotic poll in the world! God damnit, where do people come up with this shit? a rare wipe will not help the casual player, it will only harm him! I am a casual player, but I have managed to get a few good rares, I am NOT going through all the shit again. The kiddies and the unemployed will get new rares within 24 hours anyway! Gee, some advantage that is! [ edited ]

Biznatchy
20-08-04, 14:55
The most idiotic poll in the world! God damnit, where do people come up with this shit? a rare wipe will not help the casual player, it will only harm him! I am a casual player, but I have managed to get a few good rares, I am NOT going through all the shit again. The kiddies and the unemployed will get new rares within 24 hours anyway! Gee, some advantage that is! [ edited ]

No they wouldnt as the idea is to remove them for ever as in they wont be there for people to get. [ edited ]

Lareolan
20-08-04, 15:08
No they wouldnt as the idea is to remove them for ever as in they wont be there for people to get.

[ edited ]Rares are a part of the game! If you were disappointed because of your 0-slot PE, well, fuck off! Who cares, everyone had to deal with this and no one other than you wants to remove the rares. Doesn't that fucking tell you something?

[ edited ]

retr0n
20-08-04, 15:10
THe thing is, some rares are much easier to obtain then a 5 slot version
of some of the weapons. How does this help the casual player then?

coppertop
20-08-04, 15:11
This is also one reason they need to do it. You cant pvp with non rares is part of the problem.

Thats no reason to change it. That just means that in order to compete at the top levels in the game you have to be willing to put in a little extra effort. BTW stop calling em rares and call em MoB items instead. Maybe then people will stop going on about it :)

solling
20-08-04, 15:19
i really think its a good idea BUT

imagine having no rares and taking down a fully buffed ppu or even person buffed by a ppu would be horrible

also with todays setups u would do liek 20 to a person witha non n rare whereas in the old days u would do a shitload more and was actually possible

Chaos81
20-08-04, 15:20
Rares aren't the the problem. It's the players mindset. I don't care what you put in and what it takes to get it. People will strive to get the best stuff they can and the casuals will end up taking longer to get them.

Inchenzo
20-08-04, 15:37
No ive been both powergamer (when i was laid off from work), and now weekend hardcore/ going to bed as work comes early. I have all the rares I could need, some of them are not slotted as well as i would like but what the hell. When I built my first paineaser It took me collecting about 200 or so parts then trading to get the ones I didnt have. It came out no slots and I was pissed. I really dont what people to have that happen, and it be such a big deal.

BTW did anyof you that voted no really read the post that I linked to. I should have pasted it here as I know you guys are to lazy to go read it.

i've read that post, even replied to it, and it was "no" on that thread and it's "no" here..

CarniFlex
20-08-04, 16:10
*tries to give bad rep to no avail. Screams highpitched like a girl and tears off some hair and runs off*

A no is a no is a no and will certainly be a no even in the future.

Seriously, its an idiotic idea and KK will never implement it mainly cause it gives the game some more to do. rare hunting and trading is a large portion in this game. Many people actually go around and skip pvp, just farming techs and trading, sleeping and sexing techparts 24/7.

If you want a thread about balancing rares vs non rares in pvp etc then make the poll about it not some flamethread people certainly will pour gasoline on.

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:34
imagine it

when ure capped atm thats it - all there really is to do it PK and tech hunt

lets remove the rares - then what? got nothing to do lol

ezza
20-08-04, 16:36
well you stil lgot the pking :p

i dunno, depending on how it was done it be cool to have a no rares server.

however they better not even dare do it with the main international one

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:37
ezza imagine low tech PE fights

they go on for a year already. but this time it'll be the dex 60 SMG's :p

ezza
20-08-04, 16:39
ezza imagine low tech PE fights

they go on for a year already. but this time it'll be the dex 60 SMG's :p
well.... thats only if the weapons were kept as they were right now.

however if weapons were made more powerful to compensate for lack of rares might work.

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:40
yea...but no, because then nc will be utterly boring

if there is no tech hunting ill probably leave lol - its one of the best things in nc imo

ezza
20-08-04, 16:41
yea...but no, because then nc will be utterly boring

if there is no tech hunting ill probably leave lol - its one of the best things in nc imo
you gotta be shitting me?

you like hunting?

Carebear

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:42
you gotta be shitting me?

you like hunting?

Carebear

gives me something to do....other than jumping on bandwagons then off to try and look cool, then back on, then off again, then on, then spending all my life of the nc forums :p

CarniFlex
20-08-04, 16:42
I wouldnt mind a complete rework on the crafting system in nc to start with. making levelling by crafting possible, more adjustable weaponry stats etc. but thats another idea.

ezza
20-08-04, 16:44
gives me something to do....other than jumping on bandwagons then off to try and look cool, then back on, then off again, then on, then spending all my life of the nc forums :p
rofl i aint no bandwagoner you :mad:

meh i got nothing better to do in work anyway

nib

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:44
rofl i aint no bandwagoner you :mad:

meh i got nothing better to do in work anyway

nib

dustbin vans have computers? :lol:

ezza
20-08-04, 16:46
dustbin vans have computers? :lol:
yes sir, top of the range delux model dustbin vans

djskum
20-08-04, 16:51
There is only one real answer to this thread:

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! What a fucking joke!

DjSKum

Shelty1
20-08-04, 17:42
Agreed DJ

(and about re-working non rare dmg.... its taken 3 years to *balance* the current weapons, think how much more pain we would go through if KK decided to change any more) i couldent face that personally.

ezza
20-08-04, 18:27
Agreed DJ

(and about re-working non rare dmg.... its taken 3 years to *balance* the current weapons, think how much more pain we would go through if KK decided to change any more) i couldent face that personally.
ya i was getting carried away and not thinking there :lol:

jernau
20-08-04, 18:56
No, they should definitely not be removed. They could however be altered to make the game a lot better IMO.

I would prefer less difference between normal weapons and rares so that people aren't so scared of losing a rare weapon they only carry one gun to a fight.

If they were less vital to PvP I would then like there to be a lot less of them, making them truly rare (ie. lower drop rates).

If drop rates were low enough (ie very very low) then slotties could then be allowed back into rare builds.

The only way I see to do this atm is to make the current Rares non-rare (ie no swirly and buildable from normal parts), then introduce a new line identical to them but with slightly different models, a swirly and the CST advantages Rares currently get (more slots and no quality cap).

That way people can either get the normal version which needs lots of slots to be good (therefore expensive) or they can hunt for a Rare that really is rare and will be slighly but not insanely better.

There would be an advantage to players with rares from before the change but thanks to this idiotic wipe there won't be that many pre-fix rares in the pool and IMO the long-term players deserve something for putting up with KK for this long. It might even make a good thing out of a very bad one.