PDA

View Full Version : need a program

Syntax-Error
20-08-04, 02:53
That i can run on my pc and will play preset sounds at random times. or better still play one "set" of preset sounds randomly at random times.

anyone know anything?

Vampire222
20-08-04, 02:56
doubt anyone wouldve made anything like that... can't imagine its use

SilentEye
20-08-04, 02:56
o_O
Winamp?
Windows Media Player?
Any Media Player?

Syntax-Error
20-08-04, 02:58
how can they randomly play ?

Drexel
20-08-04, 05:02
Make a playlist in winamp.

Put in each sound you want.

Now record multiple tracks of different length of nothing, blank, zero.

Now combine the sounds with the balnks into a playlist & set the playlist to Random play & select repeat so it never ends, presto, your well on your way to the looney bin.

Id be interested to hear who you will be torturing with this playtrack.

or

Are you gonna tape your self snooring / farting etc & play it so your parents think your in bed asleep while your out at a rave in blue hair & fluffy leg warmers wondering if your hearts gonna explode from all the drugs youve taken & wishing the water wasent so expensive.

Syntax-Error
20-08-04, 11:44
no im just intrested to see how much playing some of the sounds from doom 3 randomly in my room will give me nightmares.. lol

Mantiz
20-08-04, 12:03
no im just intrested to see how much playing some of the sounds from doom 3 randomly in my room will give me nightmares.. lol

ROFL, how about some err.... more sexy sounds instead ?

phunqe
20-08-04, 14:09
I made a quick program of what you requested, in java.
Reason why I did it in java is because I refuse to have anything to do with VB, C or C++ on Windows :p

You have to install the Java runtime environment if you haven't got it already http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Just get the "J2SE v 1.4.2_05 JRE"

Then just download the attachment "RandomPlayer.log" and rename the extension to ".jar". To run the program you just double click it (after installing the JRE).

The source code is in the file "source.log".

The program will allow you to keep a list of sounds which will be played at random sequence and random intervals. The maximum interval lenght is currently 3600 seconds (which is one hour). You can specify this in the number box before pressing play.
Note that the Java sound package only plays PCM WAV files. If they are of another codec they might not play. If you have mp3 files or anything, just export them from WinAmp with the diskwriter plugin :)

You can see a screenshot of it below as well.

Cheers.

EDIT: Press Add to add files and a file dialog will appear (supports mutliple selection of files). No other files than with the extension ".wav" will be added to the list.
To remove files just select the ones you want deleted (mouse click + ctrl/shift) and press Remove.

hinch
20-08-04, 14:44
lol just saved me having to write it :) gg goose boy

phunqe
20-08-04, 14:46
lol just saved me having to write it :) gg goose boy

LOL... maybe I could be a mother goose :lol: :lol:

I can see it before me already... with the costume and all... a couple of geese following me.. quacking (or wtf they do) o_O

Swans are more evil though :p

hinch
20-08-04, 14:51
swans are boring geese are evil :)

Drexel
21-08-04, 14:43
Impressive :eek:

Hey, im having trouble with homework & i was wondering if there was a program that can ....

;)