PDA

View Full Version : Old-ass Neocron review - Well NC2 promises to fix some of this stuff but.....

Benjie
19-08-04, 22:55
http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=neocron&page=3

...but it is our job in open beta to address issues like this. It is an interesting review, and it lets me see where Neocron really stands from a true review perspective (and I have to say, this really is a fair review).

Dirk_Gently
19-08-04, 23:11
Old .....however nothing has really changed.

"Infamous Pluto Server" :eek:

Spermy
19-08-04, 23:27
Hmm... Seems fair.

-FN-
19-08-04, 23:50
"As it stands now, four servers might be a few too many, given the number of players in the game at any one time."

:rolleyes: I thought we were supposed to learn from history... that's a really decent review as it's pretty true to form.

Viper Venom
19-08-04, 23:59
since were going inte4rnational anyway, dont u think it would be a good idea to like.... actualy ill make a new post

Jest
20-08-04, 00:28
Wow thats en excellently done review. Its nice to see game reviewers who have actually played the game. Id probably agree with most of it.

[TgR]HusK
20-08-04, 01:21
Yep, all very recognizable, I’m very interested to see what has been done with the things stated in the review, in neocron 2.

Got High hopes, but making no (hype) illusions :)

MrChumble
20-08-04, 12:34
Some classes are affected detrimentally by this system, especially the Psi-Monks who tend to have quirky battleranks that tend to defy all reason.Some things never change...

Lecko
20-08-04, 13:23
"The size of creatures is also often incongruous with their actual strength. A giant cave crawler may look intimidating, with claws measured in meters, but even a first level character might stand a fighting chance against it. A “big” dragonfly, however, is still tiny enough that it can be impossible to hit as it zooms about, firing projectiles that can be a nuisance -- or worse -- to even experienced adventurers."

This is a good thing. If all monsters difficulty went on size, it would be pretty boring and predictable. Instead of having to use your head and explore. Still, a good review.