PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate all rares!

RayBob
19-08-04, 20:37
The recent item wipe announcements and the subsequent reactions got me thinking…

We are all way way way too attached to our virtual items. We are losing our focus. We are much too preoccupied with the assembly of the ultimate collection at the expense of the end game. There is SO MUCH MORE that could be done with the end game in Neocron and I think that is where 90% of KK’s efforts should be focused. It is a common flaw with most MMORPGs—disguising CONTENT as the hunt for more and more STUFF.

If you are a capped APU with a nice multi-slotted Holy Lighting and you are facing another capped APU at an OP fight, you can both be pretty sure that you each cap damage and RoF. At that time, you stop thinking about items. The outcome is going to be determined by your individual skill as well as the leadership and organization of your team. Honestly, it wouldn’t even matter if you were both using Energy Beams. Think about it, you are having the MOST FUN in Neocron when you are actually PLAYING the game and not thinking about whether you weapon has 117% damage or 118%.

When I first began playing this game there were no MC5 chips or Spirit mods. When ultima mods were introduced they were easy to acquire from the normal tech pool. I think KK has been making a big mistake by making items rarer and thus slowly but surely shifting the focus of PvP to he who has the best gear wins—just like every other piece of shit MMORPG on the market.

One step to correct this trend would be to ELIMINATE ALL RARES.

The PPU is an excellent example. There are only 4 rare spells that any PPU might use yet it is completely possible to be the best PPU on a server and never use a rare. In fact, it is beyond POSSIBLE and many of the best never bother with the rares.

Additionally, the constant demand for batch production of the store bought PPU spells probably accounts for 90% or more of the work that all tradeskillers do! Imagine if Cursed Souls and Pain Easers had to be built in batches as well. The tradeskill professions would once again be prominent.

A second step would be to increase the number of items dropping in the quickbelt to further fuel the need for item production. Items also need to wear out faster and lose more quality with each repair. All armor (including PA) needs to be built and not purchasable at 120/120 condition.

If you eliminate rares then why hunt mobs? One reason is because you still need to level. The more important reason would be because they should be the ONLY source of the component chemicals required for all production! There should not be stores packed with bottomless pits of weapon parts. Mechanical mobs could drop complete weapon parts while organic mobs would drop only chemicals but in much more generous quantities. Money would and should be much less valuable. If you need armor and weapons then go kill the mobs and collect the resources. Take them to a constructor and turn them into equipment.

Slot enhancers would be useful for all weapons and not just PPU spells and should be sold in stores as should ultima mods. These would be expensive and the primary money sink. Well, most of you stopped reading by the second paragraph so I’ll stop now.

Crazy Russian
19-08-04, 20:58
yeah...i've loved this idea for along time...in early nc1 beta it was like this

Viper Venom
19-08-04, 20:59
ya. old style wep production...... MAKES ME SIK to see the bloody wepon part 1-10 and uses same wep parts to make psi equiptment to make pistols is anoying

old old style wep production, and parts should be sellable in shops, but have random algorithms to when the restock occures, and closer to 0 the more they cost, selling to shops should get u alot more to. cos like, then u can restock em. i know wep parts are a noobs best friend, but it wreaks the game,

athon
19-08-04, 21:03
mwahahhahahahahahah!

Athon Solo

RayBob
19-08-04, 21:05
And while I’m on my soap box…

Has anyone ever enjoyed gaining those last 10 levels from 90 to 100 on a character? It is so damn boring. If you say “Yes, I enjoyed it as it gave me a sense of accomplishment,” then you have been programmed by the MMORPG industry to accept mind-numbing and repetitive tasks as content. There are many other ways to reward a character and provide a sense of accomplishment that don’t make you want to blow your brains out.

They should increase the rate at which the higher levels DING in order to make capping a character even easier. And for God’s sake…MAKE EVERY SINGLE SKILL FOR EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER LEVEL FROM ACTUALLY PLAYING! Is there a single player in the history of Neocron that enjoyed poking, constructing, or doing 900 research missions to cap a monk’s DEX? And you wonder why people looked for exploits?

Deemphasize leveling. Deemphasize items. Concentrate on the END GAME!

Capped characters with all their gear have nothing to do but fight for the same OPs over and over which you hold for a few hours or a few days and have no meaning anyway.

Concentrate on the END GAME!

Blow the OPs up. Move them to different zones. Redesign them monthly. Relocate the mobs every few months. Close caves and open new ones constantly. I want to see cataclysmic events that reshape some part of the terrain every month. Etc, etc. And enough with the anarchy and war zones. One rule for the whole world—belts always drop.

THE END GAME IS THE KEY.

SorkZmok
19-08-04, 21:10
Like the idea.

If you eliminate rares then why hunt mobs? One reason is because you still need to level. The more important reason would be because they should be the ONLY source of the component chemicals required for all production! There should not be stores packed with bottomless pits of weapon parts. Mechanical mobs could drop complete weapon parts while organic mobs would drop only chemicals but in much more generous quantities. Money would and should be much less valuable. If you need armor and weapons then go kill the mobs and collect the resources. Take them to a constructor and turn them into equipment.

Slot enhancers would be useful for all weapons and not just PPU spells and should be sold in stores as should ultima mods. These would be expensive and the primary money sink. Well, most of you stopped reading by the second paragraph so I’ll stop now.This is crap though. Getting parts to get a batch of stuff built would take as long as getting rareparts to get a rare built. It would fuck over tradeskillers.
Also, when you then want ultimas and slotenhancers to be easily accessable, you would need less slots and way smaller batches built what would again fuck tradeskillers.

(Somehow the first part with the drop only weaponparts and the second part about the enhancers doent make much sense anyway. You wanna make building harder and easier at once? o_O)

/edit
Your second post lets me think you might be better off playing planetside. ;)

Dirk_Gently
19-08-04, 21:15
One moment you are saying that we focus too much on items and next that belts should always drop???

I think you should get rid of the belt drop and give a system of cash rewards (obviously presuming they fix the prevalence of cash in the economy) dependent on level and noteriety of player (fines for ganking noobs :p ).

Get rid of PPUs and turn OPs into giant pure FPS arenas where the two teams involved get a certain amount of deaths between them before they start to GR. I know it ain't RPG but lets face it we all know that it's all about the PvP :eek:

All the RPG stuff on the outside and mini-Unreal in the middle. Would pack the servers and most definitely rock ;)

Obviously it's against everything that NC is about but y'know........ :p

Benjie
19-08-04, 21:21
I like the idea of no weapon rares.

I still think there should be rare stuff built from tech parts IE tools/gloves/some imps.

SilKK
19-08-04, 21:24
but pvp would be fuxed cause you always get them cocks who play 24/7 who get all the new shit etc and would get all the rares faster than part time players and people who are ultimatly better pkers than the people who play 24/7 would get owned cause of the difference in goodness the wepons they were using and 1 thing nc has atm is near enough equalness in rares all good player has them so its up to skill and some luck to win the fight

so to sum it up letting people keep 10 items is a reasonable idea so people can still have the same shiz as other people so others dont gain unfair advantage.

also on another point think of melle you think of there non rare wepons, they pwnzer give a capped melle tank one of the highest laserblades and hes gonna pwnzer surely when near enough all other class's non rares are teh suxor

RayBob
19-08-04, 21:25
Getting parts to get a batch of stuff built would take as long as getting rareparts to get a rare built. It would fuck over tradeskillers. Also, when you then want ultimas and slotenhancers to be easily accessable, you would need less slots and way smaller batches built what would again fuck tradeskillers.
(Somehow the first part with the drop only weaponparts and the second part about the enhancers doent make much sense anyway. You wanna make building harder and easier at once? To be honest, I stopped going into details because it was getting too long.

It would simply be a matter of adjusting the amount of raw materials that mobs drop per kill to adequately supply the tradeskillers. However, even a good tradeskiller does not want to have to make 300 Holy Heals to get a single 5 slotter. What I would prefer is that all slot enhancers and even ultimas be eliminated. I would rather see player skill rewarded, i.e. higher construction levels give you much more likelihood of slots AND higher base stats. Even a TL 200 constructor would need a factory to make a TL 115 weapon near artifact.

RayBob
19-08-04, 21:38
One moment you are saying that we focus too much on items and next that belts should always drop???Making more items drop in each belt and more often actually deemphasizes items as they will be changing hands much more often. People won’t get attached to any one weapon. If you lose it, make another one.

I think you should get rid of the belt drop and give a system of cash rewards (obviously presuming they fix the prevalence of cash in the economy) dependent on level and noteriety of player (fines for ganking noobsThere has to be some prize and some loss with death. Money would be fine if a lot of other changes were made to ensure a real economy but Neocron is not an economic simulation game. I prefer to drop items since you know those are something the player HAS TO REPLACE in order to keep playing. Replacing them takes the time of researchers and constructors not to mention his time gathering the resources. A money driven economy always seems to fall apart fast.

Get rid of PPUs and turn OPs into giant pure FPS arenas where the two teams involved get a certain amount of deaths between them before they start to GR. I know it ain't RPG but lets face it we all know that it's all about the PvP :eek: Hey! Start you own thread. :p I’m just talking about eliminating rares and replacing them with all player-made weaponry.

I like the idea of no weapon rares.
I still think there should be rare stuff built from tech parts IE tools/gloves/some imps.I would prefer that those items you mention (tools, gloves, and certain implants) to be obtained through some sort of mission. Start using those idle NPCs out in the wastelands like Mr. Einstein, and move them every few weeks to keep it interesting.

Dirk_Gently
19-08-04, 21:47
Making more items drop in each belt and more often actually deemphasizes items as they will be changing hands much more often. People won’t get attached to any one weapon. If you lose it, make another one.

It'll totally screw over noobs and all low level chars. Basically unless you do have resources ingame you are screwed if you lose your weapon.

Any changes to encourage you pking people would also have to come with a serious beefing up of the faction system otherwise the game will degenerate into a random gankfest.

Also this would totally screw pvp if there was a real danger of you losing a load of stuff then you'd have to be some kind of idiot to get involved in a "fair" fight.

RayBob
19-08-04, 21:57
It'll totally screw over noobs and all low level chars. Basically unless you do have resources ingame you are screwed if you lose your weapon…the game will degenerate into a random gankfest.The problem now is that you have TG sitting comfortably on the benches in Plaza 1. After BDoY, it will—hopefully—be much more difficult for anti-city to wander freely throughout Neocron. The inner dungeons of the city will be pretty damn safe for new runners and provide more than enough resources for their starter weapons.

Dirk_Gently
19-08-04, 22:02
The problem now is that you have TG sitting comfortably on the benches in Plaza 1. After BDoY, it will—hopefully—be much more difficult for anti-city to wander freely throughout Neocron. The inner dungeons of the city will be pretty damn safe for new runners and provide more than enough resources for their starter weapons.

Yeah but if by killing an ally I get to loot a load of their stuff then I may be tempted. Alot of people will do it and claim to be "roleplaying".

Spermy
19-08-04, 22:09
Yeah fine and dandy - But what exactly is the endgame? You didn't say.

Also, make capping easier? But you said all capped chars can do then is OP fight and bugger all else. Plus I'd hate to have some of the arsewipes we have, running round capped.... Ugh.

Apart from that, I like, more emphasis on weapon modding than rarepart hoarding, maybe techMods? Or a wider variety?

Viper Venom
19-08-04, 22:16
Like the idea.

This is crap though. Getting parts to get a batch of stuff built would take as long as getting rareparts to get a rare built. It would fuck over tradeskillers.
Also, when you then want ultimas and slotenhancers to be easily accessable, you would need less slots and way smaller batches built what would again fuck tradeskillers.

(Somehow the first part with the drop only weaponparts and the second part about the enhancers doent make much sense anyway. You wanna make building harder and easier at once? o_O)

/edit
Your second post lets me think you might be better off playing planetside. ;)fine make some buy in a shop at evil extotinary prices, if they sel slot enhancers u only need to have a lvl enough to cap the 94% stats

realy cant be botherd to quote the other, not through lazieness but cos its anoying to drag em in and so on, so meh.

cash shouldnt be rewarded for kill, but rather droped in cash cubes in teh belt (OMFG THEY SHOULD HAVE FIXED CASH CUBES YEARS AGO)

and finaly, u dont get loot or belts for killing friednly fractions, u lose a portion of ur cash and its transfered to there acount (maby not since ppl could shoot u until u kill em), and they dont pop implants, that will teach ppl not to gank team friendlys (only a minor money los, cos sometimes ganking is important if some nib on ur own fraction is beating on u and u are getting anoyed) that said the nib should get a bit extra Sinaps cos like there getting a belt back and no imps poped for dieing, there should be some los

Viper Venom
19-08-04, 22:19
ohh u could make wepons parts uber hard to obtain, at HIGH qualitys, think about it, buy a crap loading mechanism from a shop and a caped constructer manages to make a weapon at say 79% freq, however u find ones in warbs and such, u can get to 84 or 90 or 98%, this will solv the problem

AGAIN I SAY, KK WHY AINT U READING MY POSTS, 90% of em are uber cool nes (thought 10 % suk and i want u all to both forget them and delete them hehe)

RayBob
19-08-04, 22:31
Yeah but if by killing an ally I get to loot a load of their stuff then I may be tempted. Alot of people will do it and claim to be "roleplaying".I agree. Killing an ally would have to be a much more serious offense.

Your second post lets me think you might be better off playing planetside. ;)Just because you deemphasize the importance of items and leveling does not mean you cannot have an RPG. In fact, having to hunt for resources from mobs and having all weapons player-made is much more realistic than the current system of shiny tech parts in the belly of a beast.

There is SO MUCH you can do to make the game fun that has nothing to do with leveling or collecting items. I have been playing a lot of UT2004 and the game remains fresh because there are new maps every few weeks. Awesome maps at that. I am amazed at what some players can design and they do it for free. With each new map, the terrain and structures are in totally new arrangements that call for completely new tactics.

TACTICS could be a fun part of Neocron but the OPs in Neocron have not changed in appearance in 2 years. Why are the hills around TH not covered in snow every few months? Why do all the OPs and dungeons and mobs have to stay in the same spots? Any droner, and anyone who has hunted a droner, knows the best 2-3 spots around each OP. Change the terrain every few months and it becomes much more interesting.

Yeah fine and dandy - But what exactly is the endgame? You didn't say. Also, make capping easier? But you said all capped chars can do then is OP fight and bugger all else.The end game is the war between the empires. The current OP system is meaningless. I listed several examples above on how that can be kept fresh, but it would be very easy to come up with all sorts of storylines to generate the action that we all enjoy.

Richard Slade
19-08-04, 22:41
I like the idea, alot.
Although I dunno what to hunt then when I'm not PvPing...?
I like to go out and hunt stuff at times......

zii
19-08-04, 22:46
No "into QB drop". The item should be selected randomily from your QB and drop stright to the floor.

It would be much more interesting to have the parts drop from the mobs. The stock replentishment in the shops should not be bottomless. These ideas sound fine at first glance.

Constant changes in the NC world would be great.

Finally, Neocron should be LE free.

Birkoff
19-08-04, 22:57
We spent a night sorting out ur apts givig u weapons and now u dn't want n e of them :P

Nah i dunno a fresh server would rule but im very attached to my weapons :) <3

Dirk_Gently
19-08-04, 23:01
Finally, Neocron should be LE free.

Not if kk actually want to have a market.

MMOs are a costly undertaking and have to appeal to more than one sector of the market. Appealing to the people who want a total free-for-all won't get you many players.

Ultimately getting ganked by someone you don't have a prayer of fighting is crap and no matter how many times we all say "It's part of the game" it doesn't get any more fun.

NS_CHROME54
19-08-04, 23:10
while i don't think elimination of rares is the answer, it isn't far off. i think they should reduce tech drops to levels where everyone except the most avid frenzied players learn to live without them. Like one tenth the current drop rate AT VERY MOST. it wouldn't increase the price of rares that much because ppl will still predominantly get parts they aren't looking for, and demand will be lower because ppl have learned to live without rares. the selling price of rares will be lower because you have something that really doesn't do you any good and you're anxious enough to drop it on the first person who will have it.

Lareolan
20-08-04, 00:08
I agree with some parts and disagree with others. I have long since been trying to bash it into people's heads that SOME of us like to play tradeskillers as our MAIN characters and not some tradie mule who is never leveled past /30. But I have to totally disagree with removing all weapon parts, armor parts and chemicals from stores. That would only make it very tedious to try and get slotted weapons (even more so than it is now) and it will also kill the primary tradeskiller players because guess what? We CAN'T hunt!

And yes before you tell me to just buy the parts from soneone... That will not be very possible because clans will dominate the market then. Clans always have someone out hunting/leveling, so the clan's tradeskillers will get all the parts and will be able to churn out plenty of cheap weapons while a solo tradeskiller will have to buy the parts off other runners, which in turn increases the costs and pushes product costs up to cover expenses.

Can we have everything EXCEPT the not being able to buy parts in stores? Oh, and I still think there should be rares, but they should be REALLY rare, like MC5 rare, not CS kind of rare.

NeoChick
20-08-04, 00:55
I do not like this idea AT ALL

Rares are what make hunting interesting, holding your breath to see if the mob carries that tech part that you still need.

The game cannot only exist of endgame or fighting each other, there has to be something else in it. Also, people want to leavel and levelling is mainly on mobs. Or do you want people to even start off as a noob already trying to level with killing other players.

Don't turn this game into another Quake please.

Dirk_Gently
20-08-04, 02:15
holding your breath to see if the mob carries that tech part that you still need.

How haven't you suffocated???

TheGreatMilenko
20-08-04, 03:07
[ edited ]
(i didnt read shit but the title [ edited ])

Inchenzo
20-08-04, 03:51
No thank you on a rare item wipe, i've put alot of hours into making some cool rares and i really wouldn't like it if there was a rare item wipe..

so no thanks ok ?

james_finn
20-08-04, 03:56
FFS read the bloody post before you reply. Your such a troller. @ TheGreatMilenko

I like some of the ideas, althoough removal of rares totally is not the way to go. I always thought rares should be well rare lol. People shouldnt have 20 cs's to pick their favourite, they should have one. But non rares should be viable as well.

I love the idea of making tradeskilling more interesting. Being a PPU yes I can live without my rares, about the only one i really use is the Anti poison sanctum! But make Higher TL weapons be constructable, with only a small difference between rares and shop bought (reconstructed high TL weapons).

Delphi

RayBob
20-08-04, 08:45
I like the idea, alot. Although I dunno what to hunt then when I'm not PvPing...? I like to go out and hunt stuff at times......So do I. You would still need to hunt to collect the resources needed to build all armor and weapons. My suggestion is merely to change WHAT TYPE of items you hunt for and not to eliminate it.

We spent a night sorting out ur apts givig u weapons and now u dn't want n e of them :P :D It took KK 2 years to make a single expansion, do you actually think I believe they would make such a dramatic change to the game? I am merely theorizing.

Nah i dunno a fresh server would rule but im very attached to my weapons :) <3A PPU is just as attached to his 5 slot Holy Shelter as a tank to his 5 slot CS. The only difference is that one item is a rare and the other made by a player's hard work. That is the type of change I am suggesting.

I agree with some parts and disagree with others. I have long since been trying to bash it into people's heads that SOME of us like to play tradeskillers as our MAIN characters…But I have to totally disagree with removing all weapon parts, armor parts and chemicals from stores. That would only make it very tedious to try and get slotted weapons (even more so than it is now) and it will also kill the primary tradeskiller players because guess what? We CAN'T hunt!

And yes before you tell me to just buy the parts from soneone... That will not be very possible because clans will dominate the market then. Clans always have someone out hunting/leveling, so the clan's tradeskillers will get all the parts and will be able to churn out plenty of cheap weapons while a solo tradeskiller will have to buy the parts off other runners, which in turn increases the costs and pushes product costs up to cover expenses.

Can we have everything EXCEPT the not being able to buy parts in stores?While it is true that clans will be hunting and pooling their resources for their own tradeskillers, there are also plenty of unclanned solo hunters. The unclanned solo tradeskiller supports the solo hunter and the clanned tradeskiller supports the clanned hunter.

It will NOT be more tedious to get good slotted weapons because, as I said, I want constructor skill to be rewarded with a increased chance of slots.

For people such as yourself who enjoy tradeskilling as a main character, you will have a lot more work to do and at the same time it will be more enjoyable. You will be making a greater variety of items (all weapons and all armor) and you won’t have to make mind-numbing batches of 300 each to get decent results. A batch of 50 or so should be enough.

I do not like this idea AT ALL. Rares are what make hunting interesting, holding your breath to see if the mob carries that tech part that you still need. The game cannot only exist of endgame or fighting each other, there has to be something else in it. You still need to hunt but for the resources not tech parts. In fact, you need to hunt a lot more because weapons will be lost more often, will wear out faster, and repair less efficiently.

Also, people want to leavel and levelling is mainly on mobs. Or do you want people to even start off as a noob already trying to level with killing other players.Did I say eliminate leveling? I merely said that those last few levels are tedious and should be speeded up a little. And NOBODY enjoys leveling DEX on a monk or PSI on a spy. Having to level certain skills with missions is just stupid and boring. You should be able to spend all of your time actually playing and have your secondary skills level up, albeit slower than you primary skills.

Whenever you see a thread where people talk about their favorite Neocron memories, I have never heard someone say “Oh those 900 very hard research missions were awesome” or “I loved doing 200 aggy missions to cap PSI.”

Don't turn this game into another Quake please.No need to repeat myself, go read post #18.

No thank you on a rare item wipe, i've put alot of hours into making some cool rares and i really wouldn't like it if there was a rare item wipe..so no thanks ok ?I am not suggesting an item wipe. I am not suggesting anything to do with the transfer of items from NC1 to NC2. I am simply saying that I think having all armor and weapons player-made would be an improvement to the game. Nobody’s current items would need to be deleted. It would simply be possible to BP and build them going forward.

I like some of the ideas, althoough removal of rares totally is not the way to go. I always thought rares should be well rare lol.If rares have a significant impact on PvP then making them rarer as you suggest, rewards people based on the amount of time they spend in the game and not their skill. This is how most MMORPGs work and I don’t like it. If on the other hand, rares are only insignificantly superior to player-made weapons then they would be pointless and not worth the trouble of implementing.

Leebzie
20-08-04, 09:57
Wait a sec... all rares actually require components that cant be built from buyable parts to be collected from countless hours of mob hunting and stuff. Id hate to have to do that just to maintain my char, its bad enough having to fight NPC's (warbots and the like) for the parts in the first place because of the way they fight (that stupid lock, no exciting high speed moving, dodging, because everything is 100% accurate :()

I dunno, what your saying is ditch rares and all normal weapons become built from mob hunting ? wont this put big clans at an even larger advantage ?

Have to think about this one, Neutral for now.

Agent L
20-08-04, 12:35
lemme remind my old idea:
- all rares buildable from expensive BPs sold by vendors (money sink - not reserchable/clonable by players)
- rare to build needs parts that can be obtained only via hunting. - bu only FEW kinds, like 2-5.

So when you collect enough of this rare materials, you decide what to build. That will greatly reduce amounts of useless rares, as noone will be forced to build them. Basic idea can be enhanced, ie :
- better(more popular) rares needs more rarematerial.

Agent L
20-08-04, 12:37
Certain implementation could be:
- few rare chems. Not constructable, clonable nor recyclable. Drop-only.
- few rare itemparts per category. Like "Rare weaponpart 1&2", "Rare implantpart 1&2", "Rare ammopart 1", etc. Rare ammo like spirit could be constructable this way. Better armors like PAs too. These parts should be researchable and construtable (requires some rare chems), but not clonable. Another way is to make them recyclable from rare chems - this will create need of highlvl recyclers. (heh, res-cst for, building normal items, rec-cst for rares).
- rare items BPs. Not researchable, clonable etc. Sold by vendors for high prices (money sink). Or given by NPCs as mission reward. Many possibilities. Requires SOME rareitemparts: many normal (W8, W9, W10) and few (1-3) rare.

This will make market self-balancing : players will build more CSes than Thunderstorms, nullyfing problem with useless rares. Of course rare trading will take serious hit, being reduced just to few chems. But these chems value will be easy to estimate and they could become worthly and stable currency, much more reliable than unressed part.
BTW reducing weight of those chems IS a must : p

Lareolan
20-08-04, 15:16
While it is true that clans will be hunting and pooling their resources for their own tradeskillers, there are also plenty of unclanned solo hunters. The unclanned solo tradeskiller supports the solo hunter and the clanned tradeskiller supports the clanned hunter.

It will NOT be more tedious to get good slotted weapons because, as I said, I want constructor skill to be rewarded with a increased chance of slots.

For people such as yourself who enjoy tradeskilling as a main character, you will have a lot more work to do and at the same time it will be more enjoyable. You will be making a greater variety of items (all weapons and all armor) and you won’t have to make mind-numbing batches of 300 each to get decent results. A batch of 50 or so should be enough.[/COLOR]

Honestly, I still think the clannies will have an advantage as there are a lot more clanned players than unclanned. Furthermore, who said that making batches of 300 was a bad thing? I make a batch of 300, I usually get 2-3 5-slotters and a few 3-4 slotters as well... Sell those to players, mod the rest and sell it back to store. Good profit to be made and not a single creature is harmed :P

Lareolan
20-08-04, 15:33
Certain implementation could be:
- few rare chems. Not constructable, clonable nor recyclable. Drop-only.
- few rare itemparts per category. Like "Rare weaponpart 1&2", "Rare implantpart 1&2", "Rare ammopart 1", etc. Rare ammo like spirit could be constructable this way. Better armors like PAs too. These parts should be researchable and construtable (requires some rare chems), but not clonable. Another way is to make them recyclable from rare chems - this will create need of highlvl recyclers. (heh, res-cst for, building normal items, rec-cst for rares).
- rare items BPs. Not researchable, clonable etc. Sold by vendors for high prices (money sink). Or given by NPCs as mission reward. Many possibilities. Requires SOME rareitemparts: many normal (W8, W9, W10) and few (1-3) rare.

This will make market self-balancing : players will build more CSes than Thunderstorms, nullyfing problem with useless rares. Of course rare trading will take serious hit, being reduced just to few chems. But these chems value will be easy to estimate and they could become worthly and stable currency, much more reliable than unressed part.
BTW reducing weight of those chems IS a must : p

And researchers get to what? Rot in hell? Sorry, can't think of a way to fix your idea in a way that will not make research beyond very low TL completely and utterly useless... (Unless those chems and parts drop as unidentified and you need a researcher to ID them and they are very high TL like the current rares?) :D

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:39
no rares?

what a load of bollocky bollocks

Agent L
20-08-04, 21:55
Unless those chems and parts drop as unidentified and you need a researcher to ID them and they are very high TL like the current rares?
Why not? Only chems, parts are to be csted or recycled with formulaes including those.
It's a valid point, but if researchers needs to be included in process, vendors could sell those "rare BPs" in unusable condition - like unidentified right now.
I wanted sold BPs to introduce a money sink, but of course it could be solved another way, like researching a CS uses special, very expensive lube. Yeah, that would be even better.

Viper Venom
21-08-04, 00:05
as i ahve said, i do belive my idea is the best compremise for the rares situation

make guns out of more similar parts BUT alot mroe than 10 diferent like wep parts are, rares should only be a SINGLE rare per gun this should be combined with non rare, the only rare should be a blueprint, not a data cube, but a more hard form of blueprint so its ovious a constructor will need great skill to reporduce the weapon, (all the rares are suposed to be one of like, well most are when u read where they come from under info, so a blueprint is better than parts,) next 99% of parts should be obtainable in shops, btu diferent parts should be in diferent shops, some parts should eb mear components like gels and chems, others should be hard comps, that make diferent values of wepon, like gun barrels in shop construct with caped constructors to lvl 65-75 aim/rang/damage, or whatever a barrel is decided to increase, along with other key parts in all guns, however u can hunt rarer parts from bots and rare'r chems from bios, these will maby go up to 110 damage or something, maby constreucotrs can amke teh gun barrels and locking components from other parts, to good qualitys of between 85-95, also they can be recycled by high lvl recyclers from junk giveing a use for junk.

mmmmm since nobody will read anything other than the first post when posting a reply, i will make a new post.

ill edit with a link

..i..DemonX
21-08-04, 00:16
but pvp would be fuxed cause you always get them cocks who play 24/7 who get all the new shit etc and would get all the rares faster than part time players and people who are ultimatly better pkers than the people who play 24/7 would get owned cause of the difference in goodness the wepons they were using and 1 thing nc has atm is near enough equalness in rares all good player has them so its up to skill and some luck to win the fight

so to sum it up letting people keep 10 items is a reasonable idea so people can still have the same shiz as other people so others dont gain unfair advantage.

also on another point think of melle you think of there non rare wepons, they pwnzer give a capped melle tank one of the highest laserblades and hes gonna pwnzer surely when near enough all other class's non rares are teh suxor

I saw -=SiRoX=- pk a PE with a TL33 Claw, sure the PE was have crappy aim but with no rares ... TL 80 Double Edged (if the name is so) sword would be > all. :o

Dirk_Gently
21-08-04, 00:48
players will build more CSes than Thunderstorms, nullyfing problem with useless rares.

Thunderstorm rocks, you hethan!!!!!!!

Viper Venom
21-08-04, 00:55
all freeze weps may suk ass in PvM but as i found today, in pvp they are godlike