PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Woo-hoo - Off to Uni!

Jonax
19-08-04, 15:55
Just went in to grab my A-Level results. I needed BCC for BSc [Hons] Computer Games Technology for the Uni of Abertay Dundee. I got:

A-Level Maths: B
A-Level Physics: C
A-Level IT: D (3 off a C)
A-Level General Studies (uncounted): B (1 off an A :mad: )
Advanced Extension Award - Physics: Ungraded

Bastard IT meant I was three marks off automatically being given an place :mad: However, I (actually, my careers adviser at college ;)) phoned up the University to look up the status of my application there, and the words "Unconditional Offer" came up - I'm off to study in Dundee! :D

So naturally I'm off to town tonight to get truly pissed :rolleyes: Anyone else who's in the same boat, I urge ya to raise your glasses on the stroke of midnight and give a toast to new experiences :D Oh, and give a toast to UCAS, KK etc too ;)

Spermy
19-08-04, 15:58
Well done dude - Uni is the sex - GO IN HALLS! It's the best thing since the Big bang. :D

Opar
19-08-04, 16:09
Meeeyawahahah, hope I get into Uni.

Im 2 years away from taking my GCSEs though.... sooo... 4 years time maybe. :p

EDIT : oh yeah, congrats.

garyu69
19-08-04, 16:22
Well done dude - Uni is the sex - GO IN HALLS! It's the best thing since the Big bang. :D
I want in halls :(
I found out today that they have no rooms for me :( and that the only chance of getting in halls now is that someone cancels who is in there now :(

Spermy
19-08-04, 16:46
I want in halls :(
I found out today that they have no rooms for me :( and that the only chance of getting in halls now is that someone cancels who is in there now :(

Don't worry man, people leave a lot right at the start, we had 3 people leave or move out in the first week, just put your name on the list as soon as you can.

Omnituens
19-08-04, 16:48
im still waiting for my uni to get back to me... the team leader went to holland or something... he might be that stoned that he'll let me on.

retr0n
19-08-04, 16:50
Gratz man.
University is the best thing I have done in life so far, besides sex...

Dribble Joy
19-08-04, 16:54
The first year of uni is possibly one of the best times of your life, part of the reason I ended up spending £2000 in the first term.

retr0n
19-08-04, 16:56
The first year of uni is possibly one of the best times of your life, part of the reason I ended up spending £2000 in the first term.

Dude hell yea!!... I have a feeling that the second year is going to be
even better though :p Just a hunch

[TgR]KILLER
19-08-04, 16:56
congratz ^^ hope you gonna enjoy your time there :p and don't get TO wasted tonight ;)

Dribble Joy
19-08-04, 16:58
You will get to your second year and suddenly find out that you are two grand into you over draft (even after the student loans and the summer job), and you cannot spend every evening pissed as a fart and ordering pizzas.

Also you have to work in the second year (if you are doing a proper degree anyway).

Spermy
19-08-04, 17:00
You will get to your second year and suddenly find out that you are two grand into you over draft (even after the student loans and the summer job), and you cannot spend every evening pissed as a fart and ordering pizzas.

Also you have to work in the second year (if you are doing a proper degree anyway).

Aye, Social studies and nursing is a cop out peeps! :lol:

retr0n
19-08-04, 17:21

Aye man, that is so true. Today i was smart though. I went and bought
a shitload of food, because i'm going to get drunk tonight again, and probably
blow whatever money I have left. This way I'll atleast have food for a week
or so more :p

SilentEye
19-08-04, 17:52
im still waiting for my uni to get back to me... the team leader went to holland or something... he might be that stoned that he'll let me on.

sigh...

steweygrrr
19-08-04, 17:59
Congrats dude!

I agree with DJ, first year rocks like a rocking thing. Didnt quite manage to get into the second year after an unfortunate accident but from people I know I can teel you it is a lot of work. But its all worth it in the end :)

CONGRATS!