PDA

View Full Version : Is NC Distribution Fair ?

Crest
19-08-04, 09:47
I asked this point before, and will ask again

Last night on Uranus we advertise Tradeing MC5 chips for Rifle Kamis.... and mr X dm's saying hey his got rifle kamis....

Some MC5 chips later and 5 rifle later we go our way....
So the question I ask. Why is it with a large population, that a small group holds something rare.

I play a few hours a day, so I am a keen gammer, I never had a chance to get a Kami by hunting, nor a spirit mod ....

Should everyone have an equal chance of getting items, or is it a reward for number of hours played,
I ask mainly cause we all pay the same amount even if we dont all play the same amount.

winnoc
19-08-04, 09:48
Hehehe, imagine that..

The kids and unemployed are the richest people in neocron LOL

maver!ck
19-08-04, 10:31
Should everyone have an equal chance of getting items, or is it a reward for number of hours played,
No. And no, the Kami Chips were a reward for being at the right time at the right place.

mishkin
19-08-04, 10:36
Hehehe, imagine that..

The kids and unemployed are the richest people in neocron LOL

The less fortunate always get all the breaks.... :rolleyes:

Crest
19-08-04, 10:41
No. And no, the Kami Chips were a reward for being at the right time at the right place.

6 chips to eiher 1 person or a group of 2 or 3 ..seems fair

Dim
19-08-04, 12:31
I've been at home for about 7 months in a row (quit college, didn't want to work.. yeah I know I'm lazy :rolleyes:), but I didn't get any MC5 chips in that period. I think it mostly depends on the way you play not the length of time you spend ingame.

cRazy2003
19-08-04, 12:39
if everyone has the same chance of getting them it wont be a rare item, rare items are meant to be rare which only a few people can/do have.

maver!ck
19-08-04, 12:42
6 chips to eiher 1 person or a group of 2 or 3 ..seems fair
Of course, usually there were 3 Kami Chips in one dead Kami. But, you couldn't kill him all alone. We shared the loot between the participants.

[TgR]KILLER
19-08-04, 12:46
well some people always have more changes.. its holiday for me now.. but when college starts again my playtime gonna cut to bits.. so can't play NC2 as much when it comes out.. now there are people who "work" at home don't work at all.. or people who go to other schools/college were they just have half days or something.. they always get stuff faster cause they play twice as much..

tho getting 5 kami's lol. i never saw a kami soldier even when i was looking for them with the whole clan :p i had a spirit mod tho.. was just with a other member and a ppu standing around in the north wastelands ready to go down fire mob hunting a bit.. and suddenly i got shot and saw the guy that drops the spirit mod on a hill.. so ran around and killed him when he was shooting the others :p..

but in the end i think there is a change for everybody got get everything.. well not now money is worth shit.. but i just hunted alot sold rares alot saved up cash and in the end bought myself a SA.. so it is possible ;)

Scikar
19-08-04, 12:49
When the kami mobs were first spawned, they dropped 3 chips or so. I remember heading out to hunt them with ND soon after they went live, we picked up 3 rifle kamis. Since then they've mostly been spawned as part of events. All it takes is to be proactive and roleplay a little with your faction counsellor.

Selendor
19-08-04, 12:50
We got some Kami's back when they dropped because we got on some Hovertechs and checked each zone, working out the pattern. Only took a couple of hours on a couple of evening to find one or two - I remember at the time people were dissing the chips as worthless - little did they know they would be removed.

Speaking of which, I was giving out some Tiger Blood last night, and I got that how many people got their items - given to them by others.

Crest
19-08-04, 12:57
I've been at home for about 7 months in a row (quit college, didn't want to work.. yeah I know I'm lazy :rolleyes:), but I didn't get any MC5 chips in that period. I think it mostly depends on the way you play not the length of time you spend ingame.

MC5 is there, welcome to go and do it... chips are rare but anyone who wants to can do it ...

Fh2 were the rarest drop, yet everyone had and still has a chance at one ... not as rare ... thats fair ... you hunt more you got more chance, but chance is the special word here

Genty
19-08-04, 13:05
The game of chance is a fine thing.

ichinin
19-08-04, 13:06
The less fortunate always get all the breaks.... :rolleyes:

Excuse me for beeing partially unemployed and harvesting warbies in 99% of my sparetime, but i like beeing rich in at least a virtual world. If i wanted to be boored and have moneyproblems, i wouldnt play MMO's - i'd just had to stay in the real world.

Next week i'm gonna start studies = No work = more time for NC = More rares - Mwahahaha!! :D (Never had a MC5 chip though.. :rolleyes: )

winnoc
19-08-04, 13:11
Full time job, twins of 3 years old and a gf that moved in.....

Yeah, my neocron days have been reduced to two nights a week :-)

Still, i find that when you hunt rares you get rich faster.
Not that i'm realy rich, but i have always had enough cash in neocron to live on.

[TgR]KILLER
19-08-04, 13:16
Still, i find that when you hunt rares you get rich faster.
Not that i'm realy rich, but i have always had enough cash in neocron to live on.

lol what i always dit when i needed cash.. on my PE.. lom to hack.. hunt warbots for 1 / 2 weeks sell everything bam you made a few mil :p esp cause i always went when new rares were there.. selling dev / rav parts for like 1/2 mil :p :p :p

CarniFlex
19-08-04, 13:58
No world is unfair and cruel. You get a chance you go for it. Besides your most likely able to trade/buy wierd chips n stuff like that from other players even if it will cost you alot. Besides do you really want another mc5 for kamis etc?

Crest
19-08-04, 14:23
No world is unfair and cruel. You get a chance you go for it. Besides your most likely able to trade/buy wierd chips n stuff like that from other players even if it will cost you alot. Besides do you really want another mc5 for kamis etc?

Hmm .. how hard I have tried for a spirit mod ... took months before a Kami came my way ... even though people dont use them, they are that rare that peoplpe dont trade them either ... Unless a push like DOY comes and they have too much they need to get rid of .....

MC5 is cool, not as rare as it could be , but cool .....
I really like the FH2 as rare thing. I have only ever found a FH2 (Last Night) and thats after they upped the rate... Yet I was able to negotiate and get one months back.....

Make a Spirit mod or a Kami fall from 120/120 mobs once every 1000 kills or 5000 kils as random ...Since That would make them fall randomly and not flood the market , yet if you hunting you can get .....

Biznatchy
19-08-04, 15:56
The only way to get a spirit mod is to kill the GM sniper that has them. As far as I know he only got killed twice from what i hear so there should have only been two spirt mods on the saturn server.

You figure out the rest. The same applies to Kami chips.

No nothing about items in Neocron has been even close to fair.

ezza
19-08-04, 15:57
The only way to get a spirit mod is to kill the GM sniper that has them. As far as I know he only got killed twice from what i hear so there should have only been two spirt mods on the saturn server.

You figure out the rest. The same applies to Kami chips.

No nothing about items in Neocron has been even close to fair.
haha thats funny concidering the amount of those things about

winnoc
19-08-04, 15:58
Yes, i was wondering about that, as i've almost never heard of him being killed by anyone i know or heard of.

Then the server gets flooded with spirit mod using snipers spies......

Go figure

Oh, i'm soooo looking forward to item tracking :-)

Siygess
19-08-04, 20:40
i never saw a kami soldier even when i was looking for them with the whole clan

Not so! I distinctly recall when I bumped into a Kami Soldier in the Wastelands while hunting Warbots, and since I didn't really want to take him out on my own, I announced that I had found a Kami over trade. As it was about 6:30 am in the UK there weren't too many people online but you and Husk (I think it was Husk, anyway) showed up and we took him out. We got four Rifle Kamis out of him, too :D

SilentEye
19-08-04, 20:45

Lazy cunt :p