PDA

View Full Version : [READ THIS =P] neocron psycology

cRazy2003
19-08-04, 01:06
on a lighter note Oo

i have decided to write some short statements in my own opinion on the ins and outs of different character classes and the people who play them, please tell me if you agree or disagree to, i will also use the term 'the gen-tank and 'the apu' which is representing the person playing the character class.

Tanks:

there are 2 catagories of tank players, these 2 catagories vary an extensive amount, to go into further detail

catagory 1: the normal tank
this type of player has chose the gen-tank as his/hers class because it is there naturally dependent point of view and game-play. the gen-tank is an agressive person in gaming terms and values dominating very strongly through defense, strength and firepower. fighting and combat is a primary instinct and for the tank its a valued ability above all others. Most gen-tanks have larger ego's then most people and there classes to, the defense and strength of the tank allows them to create a wall to fall back on when using there ego on other people as a form of humor or threat.

when playing neocron the tanks first objective is to associate with people currently on the server, this gives the tank a foundation of his/hers presence within the server, next they begin to attempt to forward there dominance on others in the form of close combat, the lack of the actual characters intelligence and dexterity means the tank is limited to the amount of ways to forward his/hers attack. when the tank kills an opponent, his/hers ego may increase drematically or quiten down, this depends on weather the people in the surrounding enviroment acknowledge this kill and therefore acknowledge the tanks ability to be powerful, if the tank is used to killing a lot of opponents his/hers ego will decrease when the opponent is killed but may increase on a long term basis.

catagory 2: the 'second-hand' tank
this form of gen-tank is a completely different personality, it is based on a outburst of agressiveness towards the game, people who play this type of tank would of often previously played a spy character or another class of character which shows a large weakness in strength and firepower, in some of the community weaker classes like spies may be considered an 'underclass' in terms of fighting other players, due to there significant weaknesses. some players may feel like they are naturally directed towards combat, and simply picked a spy unknowing there traits and weaknesses.

when this person chooses a tank as a replacement of another character or just another character on another server etc, this can be known as choosing a second-hand tank. the role of the second-hand tank is to prove the players true potential, this may be done by not letting any of the community know the true identity of the tank, and then when, and if the community find this tank a true threat the player will revleal himself/herself, doing it this way ensures the player is protected incase there true PvP potential is a failure. or letting everyone know that this player a created a tank character and then the player will attempt to impress the community by contrasting the difference in previous PvP ability to the ability they have now.

the second hand tank still posesses a large number of traits as the normal tank but is considerably different in terms of outlooks on letting people know just how strong they are.

well this is the tanks layout, before anyone asks no i am not a mental asshole and yes i can write normal things without involving pwn and joo :p so tell me what you think, APU's next :p

joran420
19-08-04, 01:16
o.O wtf???

Gohei
19-08-04, 01:18
o.O wtf???

You took the words right out of my mouth...

Deserves a :wtf: ... so here goes: :wtf:

Genty
I think i will reserve judgement on your sanity until you are finished with all the classes....although I have to say it ain't looking good.

[TgR]HusK
an intresting post... however, people can't just be pushed into a certain role this way.

Yes I am a tank... But I simply choice it because I was a n00b and thought it would be much better to hunt with than my spy. I rarely done any PvP in the last 1,5 years. If I want to impres someone, I prefere to do that with my brain rather than my muscle :D
So I gues I'm the nosey tank type o_O

Just sticked with the tank cause I didn't want to bother with yet another reroll...now I'm somehow attached to the RP side of my tank (note the obvious dumb tank though)

cRazy2003
19-08-04, 01:19
its probably lack of fluids and the entense heat which made me want to write that, in fact i dunno O_o

i did say it wont be true for a majority of people, its just my own opinion on my own outlook of classes, i think.

Mobius
19-08-04, 03:48
found it pretty interesting =) can't wait to see what u have to say about PEs hehe..

manderf
19-08-04, 04:19
good post crazy, only interesting thing to read on the forums :P. PPUs are more egotiscal then tanks though, whenever i die on my ppu i have a heart attack.

Scikar
19-08-04, 05:01
I think I fit into it actually. O_o

I originally made my Tank after being owned on my Spy all the time. But I wasn't afraid of being a failure, that's why they have similar names (Scipher and Scikar). The Tank quickly became my favourite when I realised it suited me much better. Now I pretty much fall into the first category exactly, though I tend to brag about kills to friends rather than out in the open or on OOC. :)

Drexel
19-08-04, 05:09
Very entertaining & a welcome relief from the theme of most posts of late.

Thanks for the effort m8, Looking forward to Vol 2.

(Its amazing what you can learn from your shrink ;) )

BlackwooD
19-08-04, 05:20
:lol: good stuff. after you have completed the classes, plz continue with . Thoses that play every class sporadicly and are never content........
"im not like that. honest" :rolleyes:

StrongSad
19-08-04, 07:02
Holy sh1t man you nailed the 'second-hand' tank analysis. THAT IS ME!!!! I always thought I would be sneaky and deadly in combat with my spy, but once I realized that combat spies != good I made the melee tank!!!! (before they were really strong).

OooOOOo Do PEs....I wanna hear this! GG :D

seraphian
19-08-04, 07:03
I know I'm a classic 'second hand tank' I got REALLY damn sick of my spy (Seraphian) getting OWNED the moment she came into the same zone as an OP war, all of the tactics that I use in other games (hit and run, sniping, terrain advantage, ect.) are USELESS in NC, so I figured 'if they won't let me play a sniper, I'm building a tank...

Paid a second account and Molly was born, a pure H-C tank that LOVES her AoE... and I can zerg rush without spending more time on my back waiting for a rez than up and fighting.

Now that I've learned how to effectively use a spy in PvP, I play Molly much less, sad to say.

Xylaz
19-08-04, 07:54
Nicely written

Go for the other classes, it'll be more fun than this i assume :p

PS.
*whispers silently to Crazy*: it is spelled 'psychology'... :D

Phlith
19-08-04, 08:36
hrmm.. interesting

and1guy
19-08-04, 08:38
YOU GOT ME!
<-- first category ego maniac :D

Original monk
19-08-04, 08:48
its obvious you got a degree in neocronic psychology, so it is true what they say: a shrink is crazy :)

make us one for monks, apu as ya said but certainly dont forget ppu's (think this last one gonna be a long one to write about)

hehe, maybe you can even start youre own course soon :)

winnoc
19-08-04, 08:57
Guess i'm a second hand tank :-)

Started out with a spy who's gone from sniper to hc trike driver and sniper to pistols to melee/hacking and now back to hc/hacking/driving.
Nothing worked real good, althoug the melee was real fun to do (ncpd pa, laserblade II and stealth , so many times ... OMG A STEALTHING TANK !! lol)

Then came a ppu based on need in op wars, never quite got him high, then came the HC tank..... capped it.

Next i needed some tradeskillers, so enter the constructor and the pilot-researcher.

Currently doing le'd melee tank, for hunting rares.

Scikar
19-08-04, 11:07
its obvious you got a degree in neocronic psychology, so it is true what they say: a shrink is crazy :)

make us one for monks, apu as ya said but certainly dont forget ppu's (think this last one gonna be a long one to write about)

hehe, maybe you can even start youre own course soon :)
Hey I could do monks! It wouldn't be biased, honest. :)

sanityislost
19-08-04, 11:13
Rofl sweet dude!!! much better seing it all done :D

btw i want the next bit done soon....or i will kill you :P

SiL ..:..

Spermy
19-08-04, 11:15
Heh, We just needed tanks for the clan.

Anywhoo - crazy I disagree, the behaviour of someones characters is probly always gonna be related to the players mindset - If they're an ass they're gonna be an ass on an character.

evs
19-08-04, 11:15
I have a tank as my primary character - and i dont fall into either, not even close.

Opar
19-08-04, 11:43
Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

One star.

cRazy2003
19-08-04, 12:31
Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

One star.

nib :p
well i said its only my opinion, its fitted into some people quite well and not others, but to spermy this is only my opinion of how i think tanks are, it may be true that its correct for most or incorrect for most.

ans about the word psychology i checked it in a spellchecker and psycology came up correct, i thought it was kinda odd but ive did it now :p

Original monk
19-08-04, 13:55
Hey I could do monks! It wouldn't be biased, honest. :)

mmm

better let crazy do it, especially the ppu side :)

ezza
19-08-04, 15:07
mmm

better let crazy do it, especially the ppu side :)
perhaps we should let hinch do the monks :p

i once upon a time fitted into the first catogory on my original melee tank Ceres BladeMaster in early retail, and since every win with melee was a feat of superhuman ability i deserved the bragging rights

retr0n
19-08-04, 17:02
After you complete all the classes, do one of the forum...
I would like to see where you would place yourself.

SilentEye
19-08-04, 18:00
Let cRazy do all of it, don't try to steal his idea's please.