PDA

View Full Version : epic items idea

Ryman
18-08-04, 23:53
ive seen a lot of ideas on epic items the last few days , some good some bad .

Personally i think they should be faction only , but more people dissagree than agree , so putting a few ideas together i have come up with this :

when you get an epic item the following will apply

1# full stats and use whilst with that faction.

2# if you change faction(or bought one with you being a different faction) the stats drop ie: moveon only gives 2 str and con etc , reveler has higher driving requirments , storage apt has less storage , pp has less resists etc .

3# you must keep positive faction loyalty with that faction , if you go negative you cant use it at all .

4# if you complete all epics (paladin) then you get full stats whatever faction your with , but must remain positive to the faction item you wish to use .

at least this way epic items have some meaning .

Dribble Joy
18-08-04, 23:59
1&2) erm.. again, regarding PvP balance etc. NO.

3) Not possible engine/technically wise.

4) Paladins are faction hopping traitors, no additional reward for j00.

zii
19-08-04, 00:00
No. dont like this idea. You should be able to use all items whether you're in that faction or not. Same should go for CA armour. If you wear it it should change your faction to CA as well, so that you can sneak around NC. Like a steath for anti-city doods. The FA should only stop CA guards from shooting at you, but to runners you would be CA, but if they killed you then they wouldn't loose faction symth. In fact you should loose faction symth to CA if you got killed wearing the CA armour. he he.

Paladins should always be rewarded.

Sorin
19-08-04, 00:02
Not sure if #4 will work out with the way faction sympathies work in PvP and how easy it is to lose them. Many people who PvP alot have -99 in all but a couple factions. No point in getting helpdesk to reset them because they're back at -99 in a couple days anyways.

Don't like the idea anyways, but #4 definitely has issues.

Ryman
19-08-04, 00:02
1&2) erm.. again, regarding PvP balance etc. NO..

PvP balance ? it isnt going to make much difference . PvP is skill not the difference between 5 resists points or 2 strength .

Ryman
19-08-04, 00:05
like i said its only an idea , and if i had my way epic items would be faction only .

Scikar
19-08-04, 00:07
PvP balance ? it isnt going to make much difference . PvP is skill not the difference between 5 resists points or 2 strength .
100 HP and 20 armor in every resist, more for force and piercing. That's how much losing my Moveon and PPR would cost me. And since in the course of normal fighting as CA, only killing enemies, I end up with -99 symp in all factions, that's a pretty big slap in the face.

Shadow Dancer
19-08-04, 00:09
like i said its only an idea , and if i had my way epic items would be faction only .

And the only populated factions would be bt, pp, cm, and cs.

Ryman
19-08-04, 00:11
100 HP and 20 armor in every resist, more for force and piercing. That's how much losing my Moveon and PPR would cost me. And since in the course of normal fighting as CA, only killing enemies, I end up with -99 symp in all factions, that's a pretty big slap in the face.
yes but that would be the same for everyone else , besides what did we do before epic item and before mc5 ? as long as the same applies to everyone theres a balance.

Scikar
19-08-04, 00:18
yes but that would be the same for everyone else , besides what did we do before epic item and before mc5 ? as long as the same applies to everyone theres a balance.
Nope. It would be the same for every other high level PvP Tank out there. It would be 15 armor in each resist and about 50 HP to PEs (significantly less), also PEs can swap them for distance weapon CPUs and other to use higher level weaponry and increase their stats on weapons. As a Tank I am already running at the upper limit of my offense, best I can get is a tiny amount of RoF on CS (I already get 200/min, cap is 227/min). A Spy would go from combat viable to dead in 3 hits overnight, hybrids would need to adjust their setups a fair bit and would be somewhat weaker, APUs and PPUs would essentially be unaffected. So it's not balanced at all.

Glok
19-08-04, 00:22
hybrids would need to adjust their setups a fair bit and would be somewhat weaker, My hyb would lose almost 100 health and be significantly weaker. (he has 442 health self buffed and over 110 in every resist except poison...)