PDA

View Full Version : Question about characters on different severs

sn8
18-08-04, 23:19
Ok I was just thinking....

I have a character on saturn and on in jupiter who both have the same name. If all the characters are going into one database how will i know who is who, better still will i only end up with one chr?

This is beginning to worry me... Ne chance of an official reponse? Time is beginning to run out.

SilentEye
18-08-04, 23:20
I think you will need to change one name.

sn8
18-08-04, 23:21
how? do i have to contact a GM or help desk?

cRazy2003
18-08-04, 23:23
you can change your name when you get to the web interface to transfer your char.

SilentEye
18-08-04, 23:23
Sn8: How should we know :p
cRazy: How do you know? :p

Glok
18-08-04, 23:25
I would assume that there will be more information on your chars at the web interface than just names. Class, rank, portrait, etc. BTW, with the name filter as it is now, it looks like you will have to change ALL your char's names. :p

sn8
18-08-04, 23:28
I just hope that KK have thought about this, it would very annoying if they forgot and when compiling the database it corrupted because of people with same name chrs on different servers... Also how about people on different servers (who dont know each other) but who have the same name? If they are going to make one big database I could see it getting messy with like 4 Daves from different accounts all in one data base.

Psycho_Soldier
19-08-04, 04:08
I believe KK already said you have the option to rename your characters before they are transfered to NC2 which I think will solve this problem.