PDA

View Full Version : Character transfer Q&A

Astrid
18-08-04, 10:20
This thread is a Q&A thread about character transfer. Post ONLY questions on this subject that are not posted already, or answers to questions that you KNOW the answer to. Don't post if you are only guessing, or agreeing, or disagreeing. If you answer a question (and you are not a member of the KK staff) please state or quote where you got the answer.

And let me make this clear again. I don't want guesses. I am capable of guessing myself.

1. Will I be able to mix existing Saturn, Uranus and Pluto chars from one account into a single server?
2. Will I be able to do this from different accounts?
3. Will I be able to have an account where some chars play classic NC and some play NC2?
4. Will the SL and / or sympathy scores be reset.
5. Will character factions be reset?
6. Will the characters names be reset (to avoid name collisions)?
7. Will I have to change my "world pay" accounts to pay for NC2 at all? Or when I make the transfer of one char? Or when I make the transfer of all chars? How will this work?
8. What are the objects that CANNOT be transferred in the quick belt?
Epic items. Apartment keys? Vehicle keys? Anything else?
9. Will I be able to transfer a char from the first 4 char international server to a possible upcomming 1 or 2 slot server?

Siygess
18-08-04, 10:35
1. Yes

You will be able to choose to transfer characters from a list of all your characters on your account to a new server and rename them in the process

2. At the moment, No.

Character data from different accounts can not be mixed

3. Yes

Players will be able to either move these characters to the Neocron Classic server or upgrade them to Neocron 2. While the characters transferred to NC Classic remain in this database, characters upgraded to NC2 will be deleted from this database to prevent them from being loaded from that backup again. All other characters remain in the database and can be upgraded at a later time.

4. Unknown. Educated Guess: Negative FS might be, but I doubt SL will

5. Unknown. Educated Guess: Very unlikely

6. Kind of. When you migrate your character, it will perform the check to see if that name is used - which is to say, to see if anyone has migrated a character into the new server already, using the name you want. Everyone should be able to rename their characters, though.

You will be able to choose to transfer characters from a list of all your characters on your account to a new server and rename them in the process

7. Not too clear on this myself.

8. Best to assume everything can be transferred apart from keys and epic items, as long as the item is in your QB, is implanted, or you are wearing it. This is, of course, subject to change :rolleyes:

while keys of any kind can not be transferred to the character in Neocron 2

All items gained from epic runs will be deleted and the status of all epics will be reset

9. Unknown. You will be able to leave a character on the NC1 server and move them to a 1 slot NC 2 server at a later date.