PDA

View Full Version : Make EPICs really EPIC and the current set of "rewards" faction purchased items

Rith
18-08-04, 09:56
Personally I absolutely hate the current epic system - it simply encourages faction hoping with absolutely no rense of RP or faction play.

I'd much rather see the current raft of epic "rewards" plus those coming in NC2 made into faction bought items (i.e. only sold by a faction NPC). That way we can trade for them and get the gear we need - hell if they are balanced right it might even make things a little more interesting (e.g. Tangent is the only place to go to for high end rifle/pistol weps, Biotech for implants etc etc - trade skill clans?)

Make the epic run something really epic and the reward? You get to found a clan... make it such that no one who hasn't done the relevant epic can be rank 15 in a clan.

The reward should be an RP item like a faction rank, not an essential in game item... for example - the City Merc epic should result in the CM soldiers calling you "sir" as opposed to bastard :). The faction rewards could build on this, the epic being the first step on the ladder, the reward lifting you higher into the factions hierarchy.

This way we get around the bitch whining for the wipe - you just buy back the gear in NC2. Anyone who wishes to do an EPIC now does so for their own RP purposes or because they wish to found a clan. If the faction council concept comes into play in NC2 then also make the EPIC mandatory for that... this way people who just want to shoot shit can do... people who want to RP can do. No tripping over each other.

Lastly, I'd make it so that if you change faction, you lose your EPIC status for the old faction, with no possibility of regaining it.

R

Siygess
18-08-04, 10:04
Actually I've always thought that the faction guards should treat you with more respect once you have completed the epic - it cant be that hard to test for in the NPC guard scripts.

Astrid
18-08-04, 10:30
Excellent.
Perhaps a little programming work needs to be done, but by all means bring some more RPG feeling into the game.

ino
18-08-04, 10:38
Yeah I like that alot :)

Xylaz
18-08-04, 11:50
agree

..i..DemonX
18-08-04, 12:09
Nice idear but i think way to dynamic for our NC :(

But still nice idear!

seraphian
18-08-04, 21:29
I think they should base it on FS...

IE if you've got like 20-50 they tell you 'now go away' like they do now,

if you've got like 70 they say 'have a productive day, <<your name here>>

if you've got loads of FS, they will say (on local) like: 'Hi <<your name here>>' when you walk by, like they warn faction enemies, and if you do the epic and have LOADS of FS, or a faction medal, they treat you like the celebrety that you rightly are: "Hey! <<You name>> How's it going" or "Oh my god! it's <<your name here>>, killed any more warbots lately?:

Scikar
18-08-04, 21:32
Great idea. 5 stars from me.