PDA

View Full Version : OT: velvet revolver

bounty
18-08-04, 03:41
Some really good shit, I recommend you all check em out. I know their albums been out for a few months, but I just got finished listening to it again, and all i can say is wow, what a damn good sound. Any other fans out there?

NS_CHROME54
18-08-04, 04:06
hell yeah. i bought Contraband the first day it was out, and it's fucking KILLER

slash = god

Maester Seymour
18-08-04, 04:46
Contraband is an awesome album, been listening to it for a while now.
Slash is as great as always too, i'm looking forward to hearing some more stuff from them :)

tiikeri
18-08-04, 05:35
Slash prolly sleeps with his guitar.. and i guess that's why he > me :'(

bounty
18-08-04, 07:03
Slash prolly sleeps with his guitar.. and i guess that's why he > me :'(

and thats exactly why....

slash = god

notneo
18-08-04, 11:30
girlie music :(

bounty
18-08-04, 18:07

wow, a 10 for trolling. Let me guess, gangsta rap is for men right?

Endar
18-08-04, 18:17
Rap sucks, pop sucks, old rock sucks... Trance&Metal > all :D

Spermy
18-08-04, 19:08
Rap sucks, pop sucks, old rock sucks... Trance&Metal > all :D

Almost exactly... but jazz pwns the lot of them I have to say,

Trance,ambient and metal come second for me.

Hayato
18-08-04, 19:41
rap sucks but Hip-Hop pwns,and Scott is one of the best frontmen i have ever seen live he really amps the crowd.

Odin
18-08-04, 20:27
rap sucks but Hip-Hop pwns,and Scott is one of the best frontmen i have ever seen live he really amps the crowd.

Just too bad he'll never stay clean enough to keep that project rolling.

ezza
18-08-04, 20:47
get the fuck out of here

Velvet Revolver are fucking awesome, slash is in his best condition hes been for a long time after putting on some weight

after the 2 snakepit albums although good lacked something, but contraband is great album

also bought it day came out.

i love Stone temple pilots but wasnt sure how it would work with him being with 3 ex gunners, however its turned out to be a diamond of a band

Underground
18-08-04, 20:53
Gomez pwns everyone :D:D:D

[Edit] Any band that keeps on making music for fun instead of music for money will always come out with the better sound imo. VR are good, listenable, but Gomez and any piece of guitars by john squire wins it for me :)

ezza
18-08-04, 20:54

i think we got us a trouble causer here :p

Underground
18-08-04, 20:58
i think we got us a trouble causer here :p

as ever the one that speaks his mind :p

JJ Cale is awesome aswell, clapton's most famous songs were written by cale, cocaine, after midnight etc, and clapton covered them, but the originals are so much better sung by the man that wrote them (bet 95% of you dont even know who he is)

Stevie Ray Vaughan, omg the shiznit on guitar... just get some of his stuff and listen.

Gomez are by far my favorite, they all studied and failed various music courses at college and uni :lol: and are totally fuckin stoned 110% of the time, yet come out with the best shit imo from the last 20 years.

John Squire is the best guitarist to emerge from the last 20 years, listen to songs like love me and leave me, i am the ressurection, fools gold, daybreak etc...

[Edit] oh ya Gomez's new album, split the difference, sounds different to all their other stuff but retains their usual quirky lil touches, the album fucking owns, its still acoustic based and runs along the same style tunes as their previous stuff but theyve gone alot more indie but kept it crisp with that lose jazz kinda sound they have, fucking ownage :p

Spermy
18-08-04, 21:00

[Edit] Any band that keeps on making music for fun instead of music for money will always come out with the better sound imo. VR are good, listenable, but Gomez and any piece of guitars by john squire wins it for me :)

OOOhh gomez are cool - me likes the cowboy song.

Underground
18-08-04, 21:02
OOOhh gomez are cool - me likes the cowboy song.

Thats the queerest piece of music ever...

get myself arrested > *

Spermy
18-08-04, 21:06
Also, for the chilled out peeps, a bit of tipper, or maybe aphex twin, selected ambient works Oh, and the beastie boys collected ambient CD - the in sound from way out.

Underground
18-08-04, 21:08
Also, for the chilled out peeps, a bit of tipper, or maybe aphex twin, selected ambient works Oh, and the beastie boys collected ambient CD - the in sound from way out.

Gotta be in the right mood to listen to that stuff now, used to me into prodigy and aphex twin big time but im into more chilled stuff sine like the past 4-5 years

Spermy
18-08-04, 21:09
Gotta be in the right mood to listen to that stuff now, used to me into prodigy and aphex twin big time but im into more chilled stuff sine like the past 4-5 years

Aye, now It pains me to listen to things like we have arived by aphex twin... Hence the ambient works album, If I can find a site to host a zip of it, I strongly recomend it. Especially XTAL or THA.

EDIT - Varied tastes mate, Uni Student at some point?

Underground
18-08-04, 21:10
Aye, now It pains me to listen to things like we have arived by aphex twin... Hence the ambient works album, If I can find a site to host a zip of it, I strongly recomend it. Especially XTAL or THA.

Ever listened to Zero7 ?

Spermy
18-08-04, 21:11
Ever listened to Zero7 ?

Heard of but never tasted would like to try - on another note, thanks to a tip off , I'm d/ling the future sounds of london.