PDA

View Full Version : [ot]Anyone playing dnd 3rd ed?

craio
18-08-04, 01:15
If so, i'm making a character/item generator for dungeons and dragons 3rd edition and would appreciate
it if someone/those that play dnd could test if it works,its ease of use etc.
Note that the program isnt finished yet but atleast 90% of it works.

I know there allready are tons of similar programs on the internet, thats why i tried to make mine a little different.
As far as i know the other programs allways use a static (as in,you need to wait for updates from its creator) set of characters/races etc.
So i made mine with the idea in mind as to keep that part as open and adjustable as possible.
The result of this is that custom classes/races/weapons/etc can be easely-in my opinion- added to the program.

Im learning Java(self teaching) so the program is written in Java.
It's compiled with sdk 1.5.0 beta so those not using that version will notice a (huge) difference in looks between the screenshot and what they get to see.
All you have to do is download either the zip (http://users.pandora.be/BizkitRoady/test/ChargenV2.zip) or the rar (http://users.pandora.be/BizkitRoady/test/ChargenV2.rar) which are both around 300kb (650kb not compressed).
Extract it anywhere you like and adjust the content of the bat file to match your system
(=change path to the javaw.exe file if neccesary)
It's this way because i haven't figured out how to make an executable jar archive yet.

The program should be 100% legal as it only contains info released in the OGL(open gaming license)
which can be used freely when it has no commercial purposes whatsoever.
Thanks in advance to anyone testing it.

Chaos81
18-08-04, 02:04
It looks very nice, but I can't get it to work. I've edited the bat file for the path...not sure what it is, but ill keep trying.

craio
18-08-04, 02:31
Incase the error is in the lines of : 'Couldnt find main-class file' make sure the path is in the right format (fe. progra~1 instead of Program Files)