PDA

View Full Version : could the select few please grab a tissue and stop whining?

WebShock
17-08-04, 22:22
they have to wipe the epic items due to dupe exploits and some sort of glitch that prevents them from doing an itemized item wipe.

please quit giving kk a hard time. they are doing a kick ass job trying to please us and yet some of you are still whining and griping. get over it. this gives you something to do.

i dont know about you, but going to nc2 with my best shit and all the best imps gives me nothing more to do than gank ppl. at least now you get the opportunity to interact with the community, help a few noobs out by doing the epic with them aaaaaand most of all, set you back a bit but not a whole lot/.e you will just go on a gank frenzy and pwn any new noob we have since you will get bored as soon as u see doy inside out. if you have something to do, it will keep you interested in the game longer.

its not that serious guys shit. just pop other good imps in place of the ppr and move.

you get 10 slots for whatever u fuckin want... plz stop your flaming. these dudes are doing what they can to compromise with everyone

call me a fanboi and ur kos :angel:

Marx
17-08-04, 22:27
O rly.

Your tune changed real quick.

screw this, i want all my stuff

very very bad idea kk... please reconsider... myself and all my friends really ask you to look at that item wipe. if you want to fix the economy do a cash wipe, but please not items. i have spent way to much time collecting things to wash it all away. my accounts arent worth upgrading if i am to flush 90% of all the stuff i have spent the last 2 years collecting.
why must u always bend over backwards for the whiners?

there is no need for this. please let me keep all my stuff. its a good present for all the devotion and crap i have had to put up with for the past 2 years.

at least make a server for us who want to keep all our crap. that way you can please everyone. let the ones who want a wipe go to another server. i am even willing to go to a multi char german server, which i barely speak, so as long as i can keep my stuff. i am willing to deal with the language barrier so that i can maintain my present gaming experience. i really dont ever want to see another mc5 commander or have to hopelessly kill umpteem million fire mobs or warbots to get that uber rare i presently have. its just not good for us vets

please reconsider

Benjie
17-08-04, 22:28
they have to wipe the epic items due to dupe exploits and some sort of glitch that prevents them from doing an itemized item wipe.Fanboi!
Actually I agree with you, completely.

O rly.

Your tune changed real quick.He probabally just stopped to think. I suggest you do the same.

retr0n
17-08-04, 22:31
He probabally just stopped to think. I suggest you do the same.

He probably got into beta :p

Marx
17-08-04, 22:32
He probabally just stopped to think. I suggest you do the same.I say it again and again - I can care less about the items. I want to see proof that the company behind the game is, or will get better. Service is shoddy on all its levels, and we've put up with this since introduction of the game. If it's all getting wiped because it's the 'easiest thing to do', that's very very shitty. If it's the only possible option, that's ok.

There are many routes to take with epics - it seems that the easiest path is the one they will follow. Cutting through a trail is easy, but it would be remarkably harder to put up with if the grass talked back.

Nothing is more entertaining to me than people who make their stand, and then change sides and make a contradictory stand.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 22:32
He probably got into beta :p

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Hey Benjie, it's quite possible for someone to "think" and still disagree with KK. thx

hegemonic
17-08-04, 22:33
anyone else smell a "CLOSED" thread here?

LOL, some of the users here are "FanBots", not "fanbois", droning on and on about how KK rules and how everything they do is justified and blah blah blah...

If we ALL agreed on everything KK does, wtf is the forum for!?

So much wasted bandwidth.

The emperor has no clothes on and I'm calling him on it.

Benjie
17-08-04, 22:36
Hey Benjie, it's quite possible for someone to "think" and still disagree with KK. thx
Not on this issue it isn't. If you use your brain, you will realise that wiping epic items is the only option.

Scikar
17-08-04, 22:38
Not on this issue it isn't. If you use your brain, you will realise that wiping epic items is the only option.
I disagree. I don't see any need for it, and I see nothing but downsides to it, with the majority of players in pro-city factions early on doing PP and BT epics there will be few experienced players in DoY to help out newbies who choose anti-city factions. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

hegemonic
17-08-04, 22:39

There was a little man in history with a little mustache like Charlie Chaplin that thought in the same way....

Frightening, isn't it?

By definition, how can there be an "only option" when having an "option" requires you to be able to "Choose" between 2 or more things?

Mr_Snow
17-08-04, 22:39

Why?True they have been duped but I dont see a whole lot of people putting epic chips into their belt slots even if they have duped them, I see this as more of a worry with MC5 chips and I dont see any talk of wiping them, nor do I think they should before somebody freaks at me.

joran420
17-08-04, 22:40
i was just gonna post on how yesterday that wasnt the tune he was singing.....but i do agree KK seem like their doin a pretty good job on teh new game

Marx
17-08-04, 22:40
Please explain your logic. If it's the same bit you used in the other thread, it's a bit faulty.

nugz420
17-08-04, 22:43
webshock:

i dont know about you, but going to nc2 with my best shit and all the best imps gives me nothing more to do than gank ppl.

Hmm almost a good point but there is way more to do than that.I'll give a few examples of things you could do if you were 100% ready to pvp in NC2.

1)Reform clans

2)Take ops

3)organize with the other clans that formed and try to set some faction goals and work out how to acheive them.(maybe with the help of a active FC,atleast I hope we will gets these and not have them bogged down with multiple servers. I wanna se something for the extra sub fee)

4)Tech hunting to replenish the ones you had to leave behind.

5)PvP with the rest of the people that are 100% rdy to pvp also.

6)help new people to the game from your faction.(which you might not want to do to start cause you wanna be at 100%)

and the list could go on forever im sure.

joran420
17-08-04, 22:44
O.o nugz u meant to reply in web's other thread?

Benjie
17-08-04, 22:47
There was a little man in history with a little mustache like Charlie Chaplin that thought in the same way....
****************** wanted to wipe faction epic rewards??? o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 22:48

I think he meant the 1 track mind and/or narrow-minded attitude.

;)

hegemonic
17-08-04, 22:48
Who said that Benjie!? You F.A.! (fallen angel of course)
bwahahaha

:p

Marx
17-08-04, 22:49
o_O
How about explaining why if one uses their brain it's the 'only option'.

I'm using my brain, and I see many options.

zii
17-08-04, 22:54
Nothing is more entertaining to me than people who make their stand, and then change sides and make a contradictory stand.

I'm not changing my view here. (No flame intended) I want my epics intact and my implants and my ten items. I have no problem with the money wipe. I am unimpressed with the item wipe. If all I had invested was a short time period in this game then I would be less stressed, but its the two year (enjoyable) grind and the loss of hard earned items that makes me deeply upset.

Unforntunanly each time I heard something from KK regarding DoY, and I take actions in order to minimise the damage, my actions are blited due to a revision of their proposal. How can am I able to work within a games environment when GOD (KK in this case) keeps changing the rules. It makes my life (in reference to NC) seem futile.

rob444
17-08-04, 23:03
I suggested once that Reakktor should make a program that goes trough the database, searching for GM capped items etc. The response I got back from one of the guys over there was something like the database was one big mess and would be to hard to do. If it's one big mess, how can they call it a database... O_o

This would remove some items but it's possible that duped imps etc. wouldnt get deleted, it would be possible if the duped items have the same ID though, if they have one. If this would work we wouldnt need to use that stupid item wipe.

nugz420
17-08-04, 23:03
naw joran that statement was for this thread.Just wanted to point out that if we came to NC2 with epic items there would be more to do than just gank people.

edited out a incomplete thought***puts down his bong for a min or 2***

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:04
I was pissed about the 10 items only transfer, but full Armor and Implants plus the 10 items is fine. In the two years I've played the game I've never hoarded stuff so it is only going to cost me a few hundred rare parts I am not really using.

I'm not fussed about the epics as I can easily do them again.

I think that some people are just complaining for the sake of it now.

Marx
17-08-04, 23:06
I think that some people are just complaining for the sake of it now.
I'm complaining because people who follow the easy path during tough times always will follow the easy path.

Not a good thing.

WebShock
17-08-04, 23:07
O rly.

Your tune changed real quick.marx,

to answer your question, i did stop and think. there is no way in hell kk will let you migrate all your stuff to nc2 without having some sort of impact on the economy. check this out, there is this guy in pluto that has 3000 built apc keys. all this guy does is xp off researching and constructing these things. that guy would have millions in one sale. seriously is that balance? no

there are ppl that want a full item wipe. some that dont. i think giving the ability to take your brain chips and your 10 items is a good compromise. you seem to quote the harsh post but fail to quote the next one that asks kk to compromise by letting us take our head chips and items. so please, dont be like the media and twist my intent to your liking.

Fanboi!
Actually I agree with you, completely.
He probabally just stopped to think. I suggest you do the same.hit it right on the spot.

btw to the idiots... i didnt make beta.. so kiss my left buttcheeck

/edit: hegemoney you lost all credibility with me when i read that ****************** insinuation. please dont stain my fucking posts with your biased ignorant shit. trust me if there is anyone that is more remorseful about the holocaust its the germans. so fuck off and go troll elsewhere... lets stay on topic and please not go there since i dont want this thread locked.

Marx
17-08-04, 23:10
marx,

to answer your question, i did stop and think. there is no way in hell kk will let you migrate all your stuff to nc2 without having some sort of impact on the economy. check this out, there is this guy in pluto that has 3000 built apc keys. all this guy does is xp off researching and constructing these things. that guy would have millions in one sale. seriously is that balance? noIt's a 'new game', so why wouldn't there be any way of curbing the economy ala taxes, outpost payments, etc.

Over the past months I've already shown that a wipe isn't needed to fix the economy, but it sure as hell is the easiest way to take care of it.

WebShock
17-08-04, 23:12
marx let it go man shit, there is no way we are gonna get all our stuff. why not rally for a compromise rather than whine about getting it all. seriously its not going to happen. lets just be realistic here.

also why do we need outpost payments lol? outposts give you money. hence you make money off research construction and whatever kk justifies as currency at uplinks lol

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:12
I'm complaining because people who follow the easy path during tough times always will follow the easy path.

Not a good thing.

As it is we have got kk to let us hit NC2 with our existing characters with enough equipment to be combat ready without allowing those who hacked and exploited NC1 an advantage. We also have the server merge everyone has wanted for ages.

That seems a significant improvement over how things were going.

People are complaining because they may have to spend an hour redoing their epic, or will have to wait until they can buy the epic item. This is a process that everyone will have to go through so noone will be significantly disadvantaged by this.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 23:13
It's a 'new game', so why wouldn't there be any way of curbing the economy ala taxes, outpost payments, etc.

Over the past months I've already shown that a wipe isn't needed to fix the economy, but it sure as hell is the easiest way to take care of it.

I think they're doing both.

hegemonic
17-08-04, 23:14
check this out, there is this guy in pluto that has 3000 built apc keys. all this guy does is xp off researching and constructing these things. that guy would have millions in one sale. seriously is that balance? no

If that's how that guy on Pluto wanted play this game, why then agree with confiscating the fruits of his labor? Is it jealousy? Apathy? Some distorted view of fairness? Please note, I post questions, not questions with answers. Think people! Think for yourselves!

btw to the idiots... i didnt make beta.. so kiss my left buttcheeck

LOL! If you did make beta, you'd be in violation of the NDA anyway!
:p

solling
17-08-04, 23:15
naw joran that statement was for this thread.Just wanted to point out that if we came to NC2 with epic items there would be more to do than just gank people

wouldent peops do epics then ?

im pretty sure if all peops where with epic items and all pvp rdy they would pk even more n00bs

having a epic items wouldent stop em as fas as i can see

Doc Holliday
17-08-04, 23:16
[ edited ] sorry but without ALOT more info im not gonna bother playing and my account will be fully cancelled. its on its last of 9 lives. i have just got back from a 6 day vacation bar 1 day where i had net access and its the same old same old.

Archeus
17-08-04, 23:16
they have to wipe the epic items due to dupe exploits and some sort of glitch that prevents them from doing an itemized item wipe.

Where did you pick this gem up from?

So the item is duped, it will be brought over they won't be able to bring more then 11 of them with the chance of loosing out on bringing other stuff.

Total BS answer if you ask me.

They would only be taking a handful of items from a player to NC2 and they can quite easily flag players that bring over a large number of the same imp.

WebShock
17-08-04, 23:17
well fruits of his labors are rewarding in many diffrent ways. unless you think experience points are insignificant.

its not apathy jealousy or what the case. its prevention of what happened in nc1. lots of critics out there yet when kk try to fix the problem a few mindless jerks decide they need to troll on. be lucky your ass doesnt get the priviledge of playing this game taken from you.

WebShock
17-08-04, 23:20
[ edited ]sorry but without ALOT more info im not gonna bother playing and my account will be fully cancelled. its on its last of 9 lives. i have just got back from a 6 day vacation bar 1 day where i had net access and its the same old same old.
why do we have to be fanboys just because we got understanding of the intent with the updated planfile

[ edited ]

Marx
17-08-04, 23:21
marx let it go man shit, there is no way we are gonna get all our stuff. why not rally for a compromise rather than whine about getting it all. seriously its not going to happen. lets just be realistic here.Do me a favor and read my posts on the first page of this thread.

As it is we have got kk to let us hit NC2 with our existing characters with enough equipment to be combat ready without allowing those who hacked and exploited NC1 an advantage. We also have the server merge everyone has wanted for ages.

That seems a significant improvement over how things were going.

People are complaining because they may have to spend an hour redoing their epic, or will have to wait until they can buy the epic item. This is a process that everyone will have to go through so noone will be significantly disadvantaged by this.People are complaining about the fact that they've been disadvantaged, some moreso than others.

Hacking and exploiting - at the current we have no proof that it won't happen again. It can be said that with the same programmers - it stands the chance of happening again. If that service that I keep harking back to in my complaints, is good, than guess what... The hacks and exploits will be taken care of immediately, as opposed to getting the servers wiped again because the developers and players are fed up with the borked status.

I think they're doing both.Good, somewhat.

All the explanations I've received about the inventory wipe generally revolve around technical limitations... I'm not a computer science guy, but the explanations given to me were nice and wordy... So I'll settle on that.

Wipe because of technical limitations + mode of controlling cash = fine.

Anything else of course, isn't fine.

[ edited ]
I'm a fanboy in denial - it's called being a realist.

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:21
Well I'm not going to buy DoY until they give full info on it.

But if it means I can get all my chars across in a reasonable combat set up with enough items to hit the ground running I will be willing to give up my epic items.

People are complaining about the fact that they've been disadvantaged, some moreso than others.

You are hardly disadvantaged when you are in the same position as everyone else. At the start of NC2 noone will have PPRs and MOVEONs which is exactly the same situation as everyone having them. That is not a disadvantage.

It is a pain in the arse to lose your epic items but as long as the epics are rewritten (and maybe jazzed up a bit) I will be happy to redo them. You have to wonder why people would want to exclude themselves from a new part of the game they would be paying for.

Archeus
17-08-04, 23:22
[ edited ]

Here was me thinking it was a person resorting to name calling rather then debating the issue after someone called them names.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 23:23
The only thing that worrys me is new exploits ruining the economy quickly. :(

solling
17-08-04, 23:25
The only thing that worrys me is new exploits ruining the economy quickly

im thinking everyone having their own reseacher/cont/barterer will do that anyways

hope im wrong tho really hope im wrong

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 23:27
im thinking everyone having their own reseacher/cont/barterer will do that anyways

hope im wrong tho really hope im wrong

KK shouldn't make it so easy to make tons of money by mass producing an item then selling it.

Maybe shops should have a finite amount of cash.

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:27

It shouldn't do. It should mean that supply is kept at a high level on most things. I also think that we have learned that cash in NC isn't worth shit so people won't be trying to store huge quantities of it.

Doc Holliday
17-08-04, 23:28
why do we have to be fanboys just because we got understanding of the intent with the updated planfile

[ edited ]

[ edited ] i read the plan file fully several times. i reread it and i understand the score. thats why i voiced my opinion on it all in the vain hope maybe someone from the brass will understand its not just me its all of us who will suffer. [ edited ]

its gonna take a minor miracle to rescue alot of whats been said and anyone who laps it up is just plain funny to me. i still pay my fiver a month even tho i dont actually play. this is out of pure entertainment value cos some of u people still actually believe its all gonna work out without someone complaining. thats whats most ammusing. [ edited ]

Nidhogg
17-08-04, 23:29
No more flaming on this thread.

N

solling
17-08-04, 23:31
It shouldn't do. It should mean that supply is kept at a high level on most things. I also think that we have learned that cash in NC isn't worth shit so people won't be trying to store huge quantities of it

lol i dont think so

just look at the economy we have now

still hope im wrong tho

Marx
17-08-04, 23:32
You are hardly disadvantaged when you are in the same position as everyone else. At the start of NC2 noone will have PPRs and MOVEONs which is exactly the same situation as everyone having them. That is not a disadvantage.

It is a pain in the arse to lose your epic items but as long as the epics are rewritten (and maybe jazzed up a bit) I will be happy to redo them. You have to wonder why people would want to exclude themselves from a new part of the game they would be paying for.I am hardly disadvantaged - correct, but I'm not bitching for my sake.

People who play for limited amounts of time are, people who prefer playing on their own or in small groups are.

A person who spent months settling everything they needed will again need months... After getting all their material removed. A person who prefers to actually go out and find a kill as opposed to paying some person X amount of money to let them kill 'em will take longer to do their epic. A person who prefers to play a non-combatant role will be at an obvious disadvanatage for both leveling and epics. The types of disadvantages for players pre or post wipe can go on and on.

Not everyone plays the same way - If it's great for you? Great - If it's great for me? Great. But our opinions aren't the opinions of everyone else.

By the way... The server merge was only wanted if no new population was due in any time soon. So this server merge for english speakers generally goes against the original reasoning it was called for.

Sorontar
17-08-04, 23:34
The guy with the 3000 APC keys has in all likelihood done the most real 'work' out of all the Pluto population ( as long as he hasn't been exploiting that is ).

I wish you guys would stop going on about APC keys FFS , at least the guy put the effort in. APC keys give less return than hunting / caving per minute and are in no way FUN.

10 items ,20 items .......... makes no odds to me ....... I wont be able to transfer my BP archive 13 cabs full, parts/chemicals store 13 cabs full , rarepart store 13 cabs full + another half full apartment.

And before anyone comes out with the ' Get over it you sad fuck , its meant to be a game , you only need your Imps and guns '

I play a trader .

I know some people will be able to pick up where they left off and have very little set back ............ but all I can look forward to is 12+ months of hard work.

So no I wont stop feeling hard done by and I dont see it as whining just making my opinion known by the company I pay every month to provide a perpetual virtual world.

On the issue of new players of NC2 .......... fuck em. When I joined no-one reset the economy just for me and the hundreds who joined in the week I did.
There should always be stronger players with wealth and excess. As it is the new players are going to find it very hard when they beg in Plaza and everyone just fucking laughs their bollocks off at them.

I've finished now honest.

And anothe ......... no really I have :p

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:35
[ all sorts of stuff edited ]

Doc, kk fucked up by announcing that DoY would be an expansion etc (for the last 2 years) however once they started marketing it as a new game most of us realised that there would be an item wipe if not a character wipe. As it is people are just going to lose stuff that is clearly not vital to their ability to play the game or things that are relatively easily replaceable. The fact that most of the stuff we are losing is equipment that we store in our apts and never use is not a big deal for most people.

Throwing the toys out of the pram does not get you what you want but as somebody who has been out of their teens for so long you will no doubt be aware of that.

As it is we will be taking ample equipment with us to be able to play the arse off of NC2. All that really matters now is that NC2 is as good as some people are saying it will be.

hegemonic
17-08-04, 23:39
well fruits of his labors are rewarding in many diffrent ways. unless you think experience points are insignificant.

its not apathy jealousy or what the case. its prevention of what happened in nc1. lots of critics out there yet when kk try to fix the problem a few mindless jerks decide they need to troll on. be lucky your ass doesnt get the priviledge of playing this game taken from you.

Um... "a few mindless jerks decide they need to troll on" --you mean like a person who starts a thread titled "could the select few please grab a tissue and stop whining" ??

I add my opinion here on these forums in the hopes that KK will do the right thing by its customers. Without criticism, we can never improve ourselves.
/set_FanBotsAttack 1

Be lucky whose "ass doesnt get the priviledge of playing this game taken from you"???

And who said playing this game was a "priviledge" that was granted me by KK? My mummy and daddy didn't pay my way here, I paid my hard-earned RL money to play this game. So there is no priviledge granted to me. I bought my way. KK is priviledged to have me as a customer throughout all the bullshit it's put me (and MANY others through).

Last time I checked, I've never done anything to get banned.

Marx
17-08-04, 23:41
Doc, kk fucked up by announcing that DoY would be an expansion etc (for the last 2 years) however once they started marketing it as a new game most of us realised that there would be an item wipe if not a character wipe. As it is people are just going to lose stuff that is clearly not vital to their ability to play the game or things that are relatively easily replaceable. The fact that most of the stuff we are losing is equipment that we store in our apts and never use is not a big deal for most people.A reasonable company would do the following if that whole 'marketing a new game' was true.

One: Continue offering and promoting the first game and accompanying services.

Two: Begin offering and promoting the second game and accompanying services.

As far as I know, the original NC won't be offered anymore, and the classic server will cater to those who haven't updated to NC2. A good marketing ploy, as people will switch over when server populace goes down.

If I'm not mistaken... There was no server merging or character movement from Asherons Call, to AC2. I could be wrong there...

Both of those games are still sold, both still have seperate servers, both still get updated content and material.

This is an expansion pack no matter how you pretty it up. They're using the 'new game' arguement to get around certain expectations and rules.

Much like waving a parking ticket arrest warrant to search someones apartment. Are you able to do it? Yeah. Is it the right thing to do? Not really. Can it get contested? Yes.

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:42
A reasonable company.........

Kind of screwed your argument there mate :p

Marx
17-08-04, 23:43
Kind of screwed your argument there mate :p
A reasonable company would offer good support and customer service.

*looks up, down, around*

No shining record here.

hegemonic
17-08-04, 23:46
If there were any other game out there that played similarly to this one in a similar setting, I'd be playing it in a heartbeat.

I put all my eggs in KK's basket and they ran it over with a Reveler Chaincraft.

Excellent game, terrible execution and customer service.

Wank3r
17-08-04, 23:57

[ edited ]

Seriously I don't think wiping epic items is the only way. This talk of "duped" items is bullshit. Certain members of the community (hopefully now banned) have been able to dupe all sorts of items for a long time. So that doesn't really effect anything.

I am against the epic item wipe, purely because these are our items and are no different to any other.

solling
17-08-04, 23:59
Seriously I don't think wiping epic items is the only way. This talk of "duped" items is bullshit. Certain members of the community (hopefully now banned) have been able to dupe all sorts of items for a long time. So that doesn't really effect anything

how do u know ? how do u know there isent dupes ? how do u know they have all been banned ?

do u know more then KK about that ?

hmm

Marx
18-08-04, 00:01
how do u know ? how do u know there isent dupes ? how do u know they have all been banned ?

hmmIf dupes were such a worry, all the items would be deleted.

I know KK hasn't gotten all the cheaters and exploiters.

Wank3r
18-08-04, 00:03

hmm

[ edited ]

Epic items are being wiped for dupes...BULLSHIT! Items in the game have been duped so why aren't they being wiped? They AREN'T! SO WHY WIPE EPIC ITEMS FFS!

solling
18-08-04, 00:06
Epic items are being wiped for dupes...BULLSHIT! Items in the game have been duped so why aren't they being wiped? They AREN'T! SO WHY WIPE EPIC ITEMS FFS!

lol ask KK point is u DONT know shit and neither do i

but maybee KK does

Nidhogg
18-08-04, 00:09
I warned you. Thread closed.

N