PDA

View Full Version : Epic items - this idea kicks ass

Jest
17-08-04, 22:15
Ok here we go. The basis of this idea is to just let players be in the factions they want to be in. You like doing all the epics? Yay for you, do em all. I highly enjoyed them all... the first time. I dont want to have to do any epics in order to remain competitive and Im sure none of you do either. As Ive said before, the instant a powerful item can be gotten by everyone is the time that same item must be gotten by every one. So how do we solve this?

This is an idea that not only lets us all remain competetive without having to resort to faction hoping, but it also gives a bonus to the players who remain in the faction.

The idea is simple. Let Epics be blueprinted to make lesser versions of themselves and give the originals a faction requirement. (Sort of like building the lesser quality drones from the original rare drone).

Here are some examples:
Protopharma Resist Chip (Original)
FACTION REQ: PROTOPHARMA
ENR+15 FIR+15 FOR+15 XRR+15 (Why does that seem wrong to me?)

Protopharma Resist Chip (Constructed)
ENR+10 FIR+10 FOR+10 XRR+10

MoveON (Original)
FACTION REQ: BIOTECH
CON+3 FOR+8 H-C+6 HLT+18 M-C+6 STR+3 TRA+6

MoveON (Constructed)
CON+3 FOR+4 H-C+3 HLT+9 M-C+3 STR+3 TRA+3

Several versions of the epic would remain the same. The DRE apartment would be attainable and usable by all as would the NExT vehicle. The CA armor would still be CA only (period) and unBPable.

All the epic weapons would be BPable and would be able to be constructed at the normal quality as would a normal weapon. (As opposed to coming at 120% condition). The original weapons would have the faction requirement as well.

The same would be for the upcoming epic items. For example the Crahn glove. I cant remember the exact reqs but they could simply be toned down for the constructed versions.

This would be a great way to give faction members an added bonus for being in that faction, but still provide the rest of us a way to remain competitive without having to resort to hours and hours of epics weve already done 30 times and without having to faction swap.

So what say you? Yes to the idea or no?

..i..DemonX
17-08-04, 22:17
Awsome Idear!

1st :D

And pm me ur Sig add pls!

Jest
17-08-04, 22:19
Awsome Idear!

1st :D

And pm me ur Sig add pls!Right click on it, then go to properties. It says it there. ;)

Ryman
17-08-04, 22:20
Thats one of the best ideas ive herd in a while .

plague
17-08-04, 22:20
i dunno but i like teh epics the way they r now, and hate the idea of epic reward being faction only. personally i wouldn't even bother with epics if they where to have this. i like the idea of constructed epics tho, original would have same stats but drop and break and costructed would have half stats.. :D

edit: that would apply to imps only guns woulld stay same way :D

Jest
17-08-04, 22:21
Anna voted no just because I love her so much. :( She hurts me so...

Splaticus
17-08-04, 22:25
I like the idea, except, for the DRE apt, and Next Reveller. Make it so each character can only have 1 apt, they can up grade to a 10 cabinet apt, but that is all. This will force people to actually decide on what they want to keep and what they can live without instead of running around with 10 Plaza 3 apts. Also, this would make the DRE apt valuable, because it would more than double the storage capacity for a DRE runner, making being in DRE worth while. The Next Reveller should be the same as it is now for Next Runners, but for non-Next runners you increase the repair costs to normal, but it still never gets permanently destroyed.

SypH
17-08-04, 22:25
A nice idea but it might be a bit hard to implement at this stage.

NS_CHROME54
17-08-04, 22:26
i just can't say "yes," the idea of my speedgat getting reduced makes my stomach curl.

Jest
17-08-04, 22:27
A nice idea but it might be a bit hard to implement at this stage.Not with a full epic wipe. :lol: This is the ONLY time an idea like this would be able to be able to be implemented.

i just can't say "yes," the idea of my speedgat getting reduced makes my stomach curl.Its easy to cap damage on the speed gat correct? Just stick in frequency and ammo mods and its back to its normal level of goodness. Or be CM and get the real deal. :p

Glok
17-08-04, 22:33
Hm, I'm gonna make a clan in NC2 with all my chars, this would make that a bit dumb. Still voted yes though, as it would make the items much more available. The MOVEON must keep it's +3 STR, that is necessary for almost every char that uses one.

Agent L
17-08-04, 22:34
Pointless.
You need to have best itmes or you're dead. So anyway everyone will go after orginals. This is only temp solution.
Another problem is how to stop ppl from using orginal and csted resistor/moveon at once.

rotfl, missclicked and voted yes instead of no. eh...

Anna
17-08-04, 22:36
i really miss the thumb-pointing-down-smiley here o_O

Benjie
17-08-04, 22:43
sUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm sUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hImsUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm sUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm

Id like to see the following change to the idea: I'll argue yes if you come and research my techs! :psUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm sUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm sUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm sUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm sUbLiMiNaL mEsSaGe jEsT iS tEh dAwG mAn aNd hE iS tEh aLwAyS cOrReCt aGrEe wItH hIm

Jest
17-08-04, 22:45
That message freaks me out. No I wont res your parts Im surfing the forums! I mean... Im at work!

[TgR]KILLER
17-08-04, 22:52
i would need a complete new setup.. i need the ppr and moveon with the values they got now.. not some half toned down setup.. and i'm FA so basicly my epic item that i can use to full effect would be complety pointless to me.. i gues you get the largest monk clans in crahn so they can use their epic item to full effect and not just half of it.

[TgR]HusK
17-08-04, 22:59
I'm sorry to say I dislike this idea of yours.

As killer said... We would still want the whole thing for our setup and make sure we are not gimped compared to others... if your looking for getting those days back when finding the perfect setup was a sport and not everyone was equil on setup... then you'd have to ask kk nicely to fuck up the balance by changing the effect of skillpoints at certain hights to a point where the current skill managers are no longer of any use ;) (especial for con)

sidenote... wouldn't mind that actualy

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:01
Ok here we go. The basis of this idea is to just let players be in the factions they want to be in. You like doing all the epics? Yay for you, do em all. I highly enjoyed them all... the first time.

Come on they are surely going to rewrite the epics.

The current epics won't fit in the "storyline" anymore, and need to be rewritten so that they are a little more coherent.

In which case they will be fun again.

Jest
17-08-04, 23:04
KILLER']i would need a complete new setup.. i need the ppr and moveon with the values they got now.. not some half toned down setup.. and i'm FA so basicly my epic item that i can use to full effect would be complety pointless to me.. i gues you get the largest monk clans in crahn so they can use their epic item to full effect and not just half of it.Dude how would you possibly need a new setup from this? 5 less energy, 5 less xray, 5 less fire, and that constitutres a total rethinking of your entire setup? And not to mention every other person in the entire game besides ProtoPharma players have the toned down version? If you think 20 points is worth doing the entire epic again when you start the game, if you think its worth it for every single solitary new player to be required to do the epic, then hey, more power to you I guess.

Sorontar
17-08-04, 23:07
TBH I'd like all epic items to be Faction specific .... period.

But this is a nice take on that which allows some of the benefit for all but only all of the benefits to those who are loyal.

Biznatchy
17-08-04, 23:08
Jest man its a nobel effort but the best item is still the best item and its what the game is about getting the best stuff out there for your char. The whole epic item wipe is pits and this wont make me any less pissed off at it.

Wank3r
18-08-04, 00:06
This idea is BRILLIANT! W00T!

Obviously the constructed items wouldn't repair to 120%, and they should have some requirements.

5 FUCKIN' STARS! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

..i..DemonX
18-08-04, 00:38
Right click on it, then go to properties. It says it there. ;)

Thx a lott :)

Cerbious
18-08-04, 01:02
erm well some peeps didnt read properly as he said the originals will be FACTION ONLY. If for instance i was PP the PP would really benifit me but the moveon wont so much... yet it will help alot none the less. 5 stars nice idea.

Underground
18-08-04, 02:11
So why cant our DRE storage Apts be DRE only ? Or maybe the key puts a GR and citycom in there, and gives it a spring clean when its activated by a DRE faction member, but when some dirty black dragon gets hold of one he gets 8 cabinets only and no GR or citycom.

TBH i dont like the idea...

Also whys the blueprinted MOVEON still add 3 STR and CON ? oh thats because your a PE and need the str for armour so that when shelterd you have better defence then a tank... silly me :rolleyes:
MOVEON BP'd 2 STR 2 CON

Just go do the epics and leave it as they are...

Viper Venom
18-08-04, 02:14
i voted yes, although id prefer it to just read the epics we have done and deposite the apropriate rewards into the apartment that we will be starting with

i to stole ur sig, i cant go back to a 1 slot server because all the new stuf my pluto tank cart do. but i dont want to play on a 4 slot

garyu69
18-08-04, 02:28
dislike the idea.

there would just be a flood of the BP'ed items onto the market and no need for many people to do the epics.

All the epic items should only be usable if you belong to that faction.

Viper Venom
18-08-04, 02:32
na thats stupid, when u have the monks epci, all monks wqill want better glove and join chran, all tanks need moveon and will join biotech, and so on, fraction pacific suks, only good for copbots since well copbots are like cityadmin only, epic items shoudl be usable by all, and given to use based on teh epics we have compleated

garyu69
18-08-04, 03:07
na thats stupid, when u have the monks epci, all monks wqill want better glove and join chran, all tanks need moveon and will join biotech, and so on, fraction pacific suks, only good for copbots since well copbots are like cityadmin only, epic items shoudl be usable by all, and given to use based on teh epics we have compleated
Who says a tank needs a MOVEON? Oh sorry, didn't realise they had to fit through that cookie cut shape. :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
18-08-04, 03:13
Who says a tank needs a MOVEON? Oh sorry, didn't realise they had to fit through that cookie cut shape. :rolleyes:

That's not the point. Technically you don't NEED rares either, how many players willingly go without one? Players will flock to a specific faction. It'll be silly.

..i..DemonX
18-08-04, 03:41
That's not the point. Technically you don't NEED rares either, how many players willingly go without one? Players will flock to a specific faction. It'll be silly.

Yep thats it.
And think about would u like to fight a Faction full with Monks with a mega glove? And u come with Tanks, Spys, PE's cuz actually no monks would join ur Fac?

reddog
18-08-04, 04:26
No for the simple reason people will want the best anyway. and that would/could cause even more unbalanced factions.
Basically the only idea regarding the epic i tought was good was the one Carinth proposed in the update thread. for those who didn't read it

The simple fact is that Epic Prizes encourage faction hopping. They actualy punish those that are loyal to their faction. The Tsunami epic prize will be a rifle.. which means jack to a Tsunami Monk like me. My faction is basicly saying it doesn't care about me. Crahn on the other hand is waving a big ole carrot infront of our faces and saying "Hey, come on over here and join Crahn, you get a super glove if you do!" If I abandon my faction, I'm rewarded with equipment to make me better in pvp. If I stay true to my faction.. I'm left behind in pvp. It is a fact that with the start of doy the majority of monks will be crahn, the majority of tradeskillers will be fa, and most everyone else will be pp or bio.

Some think the answer to this is to make prizes faction only, so that you must stay in a faction to use it.. that will only make it worse. You can not have class/profession specific equipment be available to only one faction! Either the prizes should not be specific to certain classes/professions or every faction should have something available for every class/profession. My faction should REWARD me for staying!
IMO this it the best solution to the epic's

..i..DemonX
18-08-04, 04:34
No for the simple reason people will want the best anyway. and that would/could cause even more unbalanced factions.
Basically the only idea regarding the epic i tought was good was the one Carinth proposed in the update thread. for those who didn't read it

IMO this it the best solution to the epic's

Where is the Solution? He said right things but it aint be a solution at all.
I totaly agree with him that u should be more rewarded for stay in ur Fraction and never leave it for anything and sure thats how it should be but a solution needs worked out stuff to say what the rewards will be may. Or?

Splaticus
18-08-04, 04:37
I heard an odd rumor that the focus was going to be on city vs city not faction vs faction. If this is true, then faction specific items will force factions to band together, and use each other's strengths to fight the other city.

I dont care either way as I'm looking forward to my Inquisition, shelter, spy using the moveon, and CS psi glove. At least I wont have to drug. :)

reddog
18-08-04, 04:51
well what i did basically understand form this idea is that all factions would give nearly the same epic items. with having one faction that gives the full stats and the other factions give a toned down version. Tho thats what i get from the post he made later in the same thread

eg
PP resist chip
ENR+15 FIR+15 FOR+15 XRR+15 (proto epic)
ENR+13 FIR+13 FOR+13 XRR+13 (others)

Move on
CON+3 FOR+8 H-C+6 HLT+18 M-C+6 STR+3 TRA+6 (BT epic)
CON+3 FOR+6 H-C+5 HLT+15 M-C+5 STR+3 TRA+5 (others)

Crahn Glove
+50 Psi energy (Crahn epic)
+45 psi energy (others)

DRE Appartment
12 cabinet (DRE)
11 other (other)

Next Reveller
Nothing different just up the repair price

and so one

thus giving the the Main Faction a slight advantage. This smaller difference would make it so that faction hopping is less intresting. and less needed.
Only the CA armour would be a problem in this template. But i think that KK could make INT DEX STR and PSI based versions of them just to compensate.

shdowman
18-08-04, 05:17
Yes great idea...

This idea was actually kicked around with a few of us and the factions counselors on pluto as an item you could achieve through some sort of RP ie: mission, event, ...... (Trying to motivate people to RP a tad bit more) but yes I am all for the idea...I think though there should be another way to "earn or hunt for" that sort of item as opposed to being able to just BP the epic chip though.

Birkoff
18-08-04, 05:44
I think anyone who is crahn/pp/bt will agree

Hey you know that DRE clan called AYB on puto, lets fuck them over big time.

Nah bad idea good at heart but KK could never implement something that presice to a equal standards

"w00t i have 1 more cab than you"
"w00t i have 5 moreresits in everything."

notneo
18-08-04, 11:32
it would be pointless having epics for them after 2-3 weeks then

garyu69
18-08-04, 11:52
A clan full of tanks vs a clan full of Monks, is i'm guessing what you are suggesting would happen.

But i would say a clan who has a more of a balance and does not flock to a faction would be the stronger.

Each factions Epic item would have to give those in faction a distinct bonus over not being in another faction but also have its cons.

ezza
18-08-04, 12:18
A clan full of tanks vs a clan full of Monks, is i'm guessing what you are suggesting would happen.

But i would say a clan who has a more of a balance and does not flock to a faction would be the stronger.

Each factions Epic item would have to give those in faction a distinct bonus over not being in another faction but also have its cons.
why should it have a cons? its not some peice of crap imp you buy from a shop, its a special item.

should be all good imo

retr0n
18-08-04, 12:24
I like the base of this idea, although not with the epic items... Faction
flocking is the last thing we need.