PDA

View Full Version : an idea to stop being killed by allies

FuzzyDuck
17-08-04, 21:32
I would like to see players rewarded for reaching 100 faction sympathy with their faction. If these players were to receive this item, it would not be tradeable or droppable making it completely useless in trade.

This item would 'instantly' appear in your backpack once you reach 100 soullight with the message 'you have been rewarded by your faction' or whatever and if your soullight should drop to 99 it would instantly dissapear again.
This means that whenever you kill an allied faction member, you sympathy with your own faction should drop, thus making you lose you cool item.

My Ideas for the new items would be like mini-epic items or something similar. It is imperitive that these items are worth something to the player, otherwise they wouldn't give a crap if they lost it or not.

/think_mode 0

Agent L
17-08-04, 21:38
What it does to be worth having?

seraphian
17-08-04, 21:38
unless it was REALLY worth it (IE better than a normal epic item, as good as an MC5 chip) no one would ever bother with it, too time consuming, and too difficult to maintain.

even if you do the thousands of VH missions to get 100 SL, one stray shot at an OP war into the vendor room and *bam* you're at 20 or less.

I would like to see a 'use' for FS points though, maybe reduced prices in faction shops, NPCs giving you friendlier greetings if you're a well-known faction-mate, ect. just the little things, maybe special areas that open up or something else too.

Mr Kot
17-08-04, 21:54
Damn good idea, man. 5 stars. and a couple of rep points too.... oh damn... never mind.

I've always thought there should be some kinda reward for 100 SL or Faction sympathy. You're right about solving the allied PK problem too. It's foolproof. Your FS is not dented by killing neutrals or enemies, and ally -v- ally OP fights will still be permitted too.

@ Seraphian: I hear ya about the SL jump from 100 to 20 from killing a vendor, but i think FuzzyDuck was talking about Faction symp, not soullight as the epic item requirement. His second paragraph referred to soullight... a mistake perhaps? FS would drop to 99 upon killing an ally. SL drops to -6 or less.

FuzzyDuck
17-08-04, 22:49
i think FuzzyDuck was talking about Faction symp, not soullight as the epic item requirement. His second paragraph referred to soullight... a mistake perhaps?.

urgh yup, and I cant edit it now. I did mean faction sympathy, Maybe I'll post this idea again when it drops away.

[TgR]HusK
17-08-04, 23:05
a nasty good idea :)

If the items is good enough and usefull for all char types (or char type dependant items) it would stop most ally killing... not all offcourse, but atleast it gets reduced, besides... its new content, always love to have new content :p

5 stars

seraphian
18-08-04, 05:42
ah, with the correction (FS not SL) it makes perfect sense now... 5 stars.

Although I'd make there be several cutouts, like at FS 50 you get basic 'good standing' with a faction, NPCs don't tell you to fuck off if you talk to them, the guards are friendly, you can use 'faction specific' shops to get an 'employee discount' (IE NexT gets cheap vehicles, DRE gets discounted real estate, Tangent gets guns)

at FS 75, you get additional perks, maybe discounted clan keys (once you've shown yourself to be a good leader, they want you to take a leadership position) the NPCs say hi when you walk in the door, you get better discounts on gear, and maybe even some special toy to play with (IE a mini-epic item, or DoY tech for Pro-DoY clans) and at 90 or so you're considered a VIP, with special priviliges, access to special areas of the HQ, a cool new toy (like the epic item, but different skin or something)

I think it would be cool if you could 'spend' FS points to hire NPC help. Like you go to your boss and say "listen, I found a great opportunity for us to control a factory, just lend me some muscle for a couple of hours...")

Drake6k
18-08-04, 05:58
Uber idea 5 stars

Scikar
18-08-04, 05:59
Excellent. Another 5 stars. :)

tomparadox
18-08-04, 06:26
nice idea, 5 star.

Chaos81
18-08-04, 06:45
Im still sticking with the idea that if it is not a "sanctioned" fight then anyone who kills an ally should be booted from any clan and stripped of thier faction. They then become a "murderer" and are shot on sight by certain guards.

The only way to revert back is to atone.

Giving someone a pretty item for having 100 soulight really won't matter unless its very nessecary to compete, but then by competing you lose it...so what's the catch?

Birkoff
18-08-04, 07:17
Depends what the item does TBH.

If it helps offence in PVP, get outa here :P
It also depends on if clan war system.... works..

Original monk
18-08-04, 08:59
very intresting and nice idea BUT i dont wonna be the poor bugger accidentaly shooting the wrong npc (fe.:with aoe) and loosing all off that in 1 split second of chaos :/

same as with allieds not intrested in the item and still attacking you :/ what will ya do ? kill em or be killed ?

kill em ffcourse :P

RayBob
18-08-04, 09:09
I like the idea of some sort of bonus for having 100 Faction Sympathy but I don’t think it needs to be an item. It would be enough if your faction was willing to pay all your GRing and Backpack Recovery costs while you kept your sympathy at 100. However, there is no point doing this until they fix the way sympathy is lost—going from 100 to -6 in a single kill is ridiculous.

Original monk
18-08-04, 09:14
I like the idea of some sort of bonus for having 100 Faction Sympathy but I don’t think it needs to be an item. It would be enough if your faction was willing to pay all your GRing and Backpack Recovery costs while you kept your sympathy at 100. However, there is no point doing this until they fix the way sympathy is lost—going from 100 to -6 in a single kill is ridiculous.

what about being able to genrep to where ya like for starters ? :)

yeah yeah, nerf yourself to a vehicule, dont be lazy and walk and take one of them neutral genreps always being camped by genreplamers ... i kno :/

Archeus
18-08-04, 10:11
You can get 100 FS in an afternoon. It is hardly worth rewarding.

The people who would want to keep it are more then likely to loose it through accidents.

Those who like killing Allies won't care about said item.

A better system is to reward them based on how many enemies they have killed vs how many allies.

Velvet
18-08-04, 10:22
German forum.
Beta diary.
Crahn member visiting his faction vendor:
"Your faction sympathy is to low. No deal. Thank you, Sir!"
Idea seems to be implemented already :)
Nonetheless: Five stars.

Archeus
18-08-04, 10:33
German forum.
Beta diary.
Crahn member visiting his faction vendor:
"Your faction sympathy is to low. No deal. Thank you, Sir!"
Idea seems to be implemented already :)
Nonetheless: Five stars.

That is only a partial solution as you can just get someone else to buy the stuff for you.