17-08-04, 21:12
U forgot the poll...

[EDIT] Oh there it is....

:rolleyes:

Rade
17-08-04, 21:13
U forgot the poll...

The post appears before the poll is added. Aparently it took me longer to
write the poll than it took you to reply ;)

Scikar
17-08-04, 21:15
No gear or no characters and no gear? I would probably start a character on a completely fresh server if there was one and decide whether to keep up with it or not from there.

Xizor
17-08-04, 21:17
Definately.
Very good idea.

solling
17-08-04, 21:18
well i started to play on saturn back when pluto dident exist yet TOTAL n00bage hehe
then when pluto came i moved there and it was mega fun i had the best time on that server untill it got deserted

BUT cuz there is a but at that time i was a n00b and now im sick of lvling hunting rares etc so starting all over i dunno might be fun cuz everyone is doing it but i fear i might go dead very fast cuz i have been thro the threadmill of lvling so many times

(i voted yes tho i would like to give it a try)

retr0n
17-08-04, 21:19
Yes plz, I would give you sexy rep if i could, but for now <3

Rade
17-08-04, 21:27
If I werent completely clear this is about a COMPLETELY fresh server, no
characters, no money, no gear, no nuttin. It would be like back in the days
with noob clanwars fighting eachother with tangent assault rifles and
whatnot.

retr0n
17-08-04, 21:30
Yup, there was a really really big thread about this a while back.
I cant remember what the community voted on but i think it was pro a fresh
server. Newb wars!!!

I'll try and find it now.

New Server for BDoY (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103549)
Another one (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103590)

Agent L
17-08-04, 21:36
I would like to see a 1slot int in any from, starting from scratch is acceptable. But only if it is 1slot.

solling
18-08-04, 00:08
yeh make it a 1 slot

Shadow Dancer
18-08-04, 00:14
No, because I don't want 500 different servers just so each group of people can have their own little specific style. I don't want the population stretched too thin.

Wank3r
18-08-04, 00:26
A new pluto server option with 1 char slot and totally empty would be used by some people I think. But I don't know if it would be worth the bandwidth. It might not be used at all tbh.

Possessed
18-08-04, 00:33
Yeah I'll give it a go, I wubbed being a nub, was probably the best time I ever had in NC (pity it'll never be the same).

Rade
18-08-04, 12:24
Quite interesting that more than half of the players would play there, and
thats not even counting the new players or the old ones whos comming back
which would most definately play there almost to a man.

ezza
18-08-04, 12:26
i wouldnt play there, but then thats just coz im lazy and after leveling about 15 chars i can do without leveling another

Xadhoom
18-08-04, 12:27
No, because I don't want 500 different servers just so each group of people can have their own little specific style. I don't want the population stretched too thin.

word. 3 servers, french server, and nc classic are enuff. the 4 slot int server will be pretty full, with the populations of uranus, Saturn and pluto. I cant wait until playing on that server :angel:

SynC_187
18-08-04, 14:05
Ok. What gets me is Clean server is winning, yet everyone has bean moaning about losing items and having to redo epics...

Possessed
18-08-04, 14:08
Ok. What gets me is Clean server is winning, yet everyone has bean moaning about losing items and having to redo epics...
That is completely different though, because we've put hours upon hours of work into our chars, getting their items, leveling them, tweaking their setups etc. We just didn't/don't want to see all of our hard work count for 'nil when DoY comes around. The fresh server then allows us to relive the early days of retail, which I would love to do.

solling
18-08-04, 14:32
word. 3 servers, french server, and nc classic are enuff. the 4 slot int server will be pretty full, with the populations of uranus, Saturn and pluto. I cant wait until playing on that server

well there is alos the fact some dont like 4 char servers i wish they would make 1 slot german 4 slot international and 2(1) slot english/international

retr0n
18-08-04, 14:57
Exactly, Some people just dont like 4 slot servers.
And for all of you people saying "You pluto guys just have more accounts, so
it's the same", well it's not. I know people on saturn that have 3 accounts or
4 accounts...

Gohei
18-08-04, 14:59
Exactly, Some people just dont like 4 slot servers.
And for all of you people saying "You pluto guys just have more accounts, so
it's the same", well it's not. I know people on saturn that have 3 accounts or
4 accounts...

Ur right, so we shud force them to give us a 8 char server.

retr0n
18-08-04, 15:04
Ur right, so we shud force them to give us a 8 char server.

You lost me...

Gohei
18-08-04, 16:20
You lost me...

Damn, i was sure i got the point of that one...

Oh well, better luck next time i guess...

greendonkeyuk
18-08-04, 17:25
surely youd only have the noob clan wars for about a month or so... as then all the powergamers would be capped, start ganking the lower level peeps and theyd either leave les in or jus leave the server... I like the idea of it but i cant see the longevity being an attraction as after 3 months at most it would be the same as the other servers.

Clownst0pper
18-08-04, 17:29
Its not really more than half rade, seen as its only the forum users.

Thats probably 10% of the population who are outspoken, and who bother to post on the poll.

As it stands, starting a fresh, No thankyou. If i wanted to start a fresh, id go WOW

MegaCorp
18-08-04, 18:04
I might go to a clean server if a lot of people i knew from Pluto were also going to be active there; e.g. clan mates from various prior clans as well as "enemy friends" who i have often fought and had fun with in NC1.

Spook @ Pluto

Endar
18-08-04, 18:41
I would gladly start on a fresh server, since im prolly going to delete (or not transfer) all my chars anyway.

Fresh server is teh win

deac
18-08-04, 23:00
i would play there for the first days after that i would go back to my main chars...

like ezza said.. after you maxed a few monks and tanks the whole idea of lvling gets kinda stale... its not fun as a matter of fact i really fucking hate it atm...

too bad most mmos make you lvl...

Maarten
18-08-04, 23:42
Yup, I also prefer a fresh server too...

Praetorian
19-08-04, 00:04
Once i felt a clean start would be the best...

Then i actually lost my appartments in some weird wipe (thx KK :rolleyes: - good to know about the item tracking is being implemented), which included the clans techs amongst others... It made me think long and hard about the future in NC, and today i wouldnt want to start all over. No, I would rather be there to help out the newcomers, and also not have to worry about the levelling threadmill and gathering techs all day just to get my first slotted Healing Light or Cursed Soul... So i vote no...