PDA

View Full Version : Servers & The BIG Database

-FN-
17-08-04, 20:27
Ok, lining up more questions for the next reply :) Thanks for the info on several things I posted about too btw, <3 Holger

From the .plan:
Neocron 2 Server Configuration

At the moment we plan on starting with 3 new servers and will react quickly and flexibly to the amount of players. Additionally there will be the French server Venus and of course Neocron Classic. However, the final decision will also depend on the stress test during the open beta phase. We hope to support way more players on a single server thanks to the much more powerful new hardware.

The databases will also run on improved hardware and use Linux.
The start configuration will consist of at least two German and one international server, where one German Realm will allow only one single character and the two others multiple characters.

So at launch, pending stress-tests, there will be:

4-Slot German
1-Slot German
4-Slot International
?-Slot French
?-Slot Classic

If I understand that .plan right.

4. We will use the server configuration mentioned in the plan file for the release of Neocron 2, but we know we might have to set up additional servers fairly quickly depending on the load on the initial servers. As there are a lot of complaints about the lack of a one slot international server, especially in the English community, we put that server on top of our list and will add it as soon as the load on the other servers allows it.

So as a Pluto-Player, I basically will have no equivalent home in NC2 at the start, right? That means I'll not be moving into NC2 at the start of retail :(

So my question is:

How long will this BIG database of ALL characters stick around?

Since myself and I'm sure many players like me will be stuck in "limbo", I just want to make sure that I'm not going to lose everything in the big database because I'm waiting for another server.

And.... if you have the resources: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=107168
;) ;)

[D]est
17-08-04, 21:53
They dis all the english ppl! Like they exaly only want german player! And then they make an "oh lets make an international server for the rest"