PDA

View Full Version : Little Concern over Open Beta

ezza
17-08-04, 18:43
ok so KK are gonna open the beta at some point, at which point any ole wank stain can get in.

i hope however that by this point pretty much all testing will be done, because i can imagine a lot of people just dropping in to cause trouble stir shit up.

i imagine very little testing is going to happen at that point, i mean hell every one says neo beta was great but then thats cos they done more playing than testing.

i just hope the major and most minor stuff is sorted before they let the masses in on the beta

[TgR]KILLER
17-08-04, 18:50
and just ban everybody out of open beta who just is fucking things up ;)

Spermy
17-08-04, 20:00
With you on that one...

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 20:09
ok so KK are gonna open the beta at some point, at which point any ole wank stain can get in.

i hope however that by this point pretty much all testing will be done, because i can imagine a lot of people just dropping in to cause trouble stir shit up.

i imagine very little testing is going to happen at that point, i mean hell every one says neo beta was great but then thats cos they done more playing than testing.

i just hope the major and most minor stuff is sorted before they let the masses in on the beta

What? Are you suggesting some NC members might not put in the effort to test the game and only play it for fun and enjoyment?

SLANDER!

SypH
17-08-04, 20:18
I'm guessing that the open beta will be mostly for stress testing and a trial run of the new NC world. Hopefully the major problems will be ironed out before that stage.

/edit It would help if I could manage to spell "stress" correctly:(

plague
17-08-04, 20:20
yea i agree with above...in open beta they should be testing servers (strees test O_o ). so noone could mess anything up....

seraphian
17-08-04, 21:13
my question is:

If we bring all of our items over from NC1 to the beta... will the beta be wiped at the start of NC2 retail?

Xizor
17-08-04, 21:15
I think the open beta is mostly for stress testing and getting new people to see the game.
Won't be a problem.

Mr_Snow
17-08-04, 21:19
Open betas are always for stress testing and for PR purposes, the only major bugs that should occur during open betas are lag induced ones like the melee running away bug and there will still be a core of "real" testers to report bugs properly.

ezza
17-08-04, 23:04
well im hoping what you say is true, im just thinking of the original beta and how neocron 1 came in retail

though i am strangely optimistic about NC2 and i dont want and moron fucking it up just so they can have a laugh for free

T72
18-08-04, 10:34
with KK's track record of bugged patches delayed releases etc what makes u think all the bugs/content will be fixed/in place for release? also closed testing since Aug open sometime Sep. If they make the NEW date of end of Sep sometime i will eat humble pie, but its gotta be 85% bug free and all the new content better be there WORKING at release.

hinch
18-08-04, 11:57
i wont be joining open beta

when doy is finally released and shit i want it to be a surprise for me

Dajuda
18-08-04, 12:00
well im hoping what you say is true, im just thinking of the original beta and how neocron 1 came in retail

Aaah the good ol days ...