PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with the epic item wipe?

Wank3r
17-08-04, 17:15
Simple question...I voted no.

Epic item wipe = Hell of a lot of hassle.

Massacre**
17-08-04, 17:16
This should be made sticky and KK take the road that the public suggests

retr0n
17-08-04, 17:18
Have I missed something? Are epic items being wiped? Or simply the epics?

DigestiveBiscui
17-08-04, 17:20
epic ITEMS are being wiped

+ the epics :p

Jaffo
all epic items getting wiped

alot of pissed of people now

ZyproN
I rather keep 10 items only and keep epics, weapons and chips.

Wank3r
17-08-04, 17:21
I rather keep 10 items only and keep epics, weapons and chips.

Totally agree with that.

Massacre**
17-08-04, 17:22
amen brother... :D lol

Jest
17-08-04, 17:24
Ill just repeat here what I said in the announcement.

I need those chips for my setup, without them there is no way I my setup is viable. And I was REALLY hoping to start Black Dragon in DoY and instantly get into the action. Now I will have to change my faction to ProtoPharma in Neocron 1 to start Neocron 2 with. (Along with 95% of the people in this game). DoY will be deserted with every one trying to complete their epic. And yes the city will be in chaos from the known anti-city people like myself being in Neocron. It will be hell.

Lets stick to legitimate arguments on this thread since there are several to give on the issue. But yah I totally agree I think Id rather take my epics than imps/armor any day.

Glok
17-08-04, 17:27
My epic items are the most important things my chars have. :confused:

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 17:29
I'd rather only take 10 items with me than loosing all my epic chips. Hell, i got about 15 chips spread over my characters, not to mention that chaincraft, a speedgun, some tt guns and 2 CA PAs.

Hell, 4 of my characters cant do shit without a moveon. Theyre useless wank until i get new ones.
Not to mention my faction sympathies are fucked.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SynC_187
17-08-04, 17:30
Fresh game, fresh start. Although its a pain, we should consider ourselves lucky that we aren't have to start from scratch.

For a long time people have been saying NC1 was a paid beta. Well we're excaping a complete wipe before it goes retail.

Yes, before the flaming starts, I do have epic items essential to my setups, and I will use shitloads with the item wipe.

Lev
17-08-04, 17:31
I'm losing my prized 5-slot speed gat :( but i think its a decent compromise to only wiping half the epics, c'est la vie.

Clownst0pper
17-08-04, 17:31
Koro = Useless without PP and Moveon - 2 epics needed

Kaolin = Useless without Moveon (cant wear any inq armour) 1 epic needed

And im lucky, digestive biscuit needs to do like 9 biotech and protopharm epics

And dont get me fucking started on my characters sympathies, all minus 99, OH the JOY!

boombang
17-08-04, 17:32
I reckon that they should've just made a new game, and left NC running as it is for those who wanted it, anyone wanting to play the NEW game can suit this one - it would've saved oh so much hassle...

retr0n
17-08-04, 17:35
just read plan#2...
this blows, i'd also rather transfer 10 items and take my pp+moveon with
me cause my setups are useless without them.

i guess everybody is in the same boat though... the one thing that is going
to suck is that everybody will be joining BT/PP factions, I know I will just
before I transfer...

everybody start making pure apus & ppu's... cause your going to own all
those epic running suckers :p

kurai
17-08-04, 17:36
Voted yes.

Since keys can't be transferred, period, it seems fair to reset all of the epics.

It's not like they are difficult to re-do.

Wank3r
17-08-04, 17:47
I think you will find it isn't fair. The amount of people who have done the Biotech and PP epic compared to the Next epic for example...PP and Biotech would hugely out weigh the Next epic runners...

I doubt many peoples games are dependent upon a Next apartment...

For a start EVERYONE who has vehicles and apartments lose them...Not just the epic people.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 17:48
Voted yes.

Since keys can't be transferred, period, it seems fair to reset all of the epics.

Yes for the same reasons as Kurai.

Clownst0pper
Its turning into carebear-o-cron, i swear it is, maybe fanboi o-cron!

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/523-CarebearNC.jpg

Spread a little love!

ZyproN
Voted yes.

Fuck keys! Chips more important we need to get out hunt rares, level blah blah fight.. those epic chips are important as shit for me

Mumblyfish
17-08-04, 17:50
I voted yes. My character needs a MOVEON at the very least to be remotely viable, and really needs a Protopharm Resistor + Reveler Chaincraft to get that little edge. But to be fair, I'm looking forward to doing the epics again! I enjoyed them the first time around, but that was ages ago. On top of the new epics for the Dome, I think I'll spend the first month or two just sitting back and enjoying the different factions' stories.

And kurai is right... if DRE and NExT need to have their epic status wiped, it's only fair everyone else's is.

tomparadox
17-08-04, 17:51
i would like to know why, whats the point in it? is it ganna whipe clans? epic item idea sucks, kthx.

ZyproN
17-08-04, 17:52
I voted yes. My character needs a MOVEON at the very least to be remotely viable, and really needs a Protopharm Resistor + Reveler Chaincraft to get that little edge. But to be fair, I'm looking forward to doing the epics again! I enjoyed them the first time around, but that was ages ago. On top of the new epics for the Dome, I think I'll spend the first month or two just sitting back and enjoying the different factions' stories.

And kurai is right... if DRE and NExT need to have their epic status wiped, it's only fair everyone else's is.

Yes but i just did the epic again this month twice and not everyone wants to do them, the people who wants to do them can do them its going to be hard to survive whitout those chips my Tank, 2 spys, pe needs them.

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 17:53
Yes for the same reasons as Kurai.its not easy to do the epics, but its time consuming. Atm i got about 15 pp chips and moveons. And i really cant be arsed to change factions on all my characters, then do the epic, then go back.
Did i already mention that many of my characters are completely useless without those implants?

Promethius
wow, wait a minute. Where did they say they would whipe epics?? And if they do that WHY THE FUCK DID THEY HAVE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE????!!!11111oneelevehundredandone

A good part of wanting imps to come along was so that i could bring all my epics without having to use qb slots. Now they jsut are deleting them....

God damn is KK trying to run this game into the ground?

-Prom

Wank3r

Do you know how much hassle it is to change factions in DoY? All my character atm are in the same faction. I would have to change all these and this is SO MUCH HASSLE FFS! NO TO THE WIPE OMG!! OH EMM GEE!

retr0n
17-08-04, 17:54
Voted yes.

I have done BT+PP+Next on a few of my chars... I would rather loose my
reveler and keep bt+pp then loose them all...

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 17:55
Did i already mention that many of my characters are completely useless without those implants?

No characters are "completely useless" without the implants.

Didn't you want a full item wipe anyways? lol

ZyproN
17-08-04, 17:56
I have done BT+PP+Next on a few of my chars... I would rather loose my
reveler and keep bt+pp then loose them all...

Yup me2, the reveler is not so important like the bt+pp are.

Vid Gamer
17-08-04, 17:56
I actually have sympathy with KK here (OMG!!!11)

You people are never ever ever ever satisfied with what KK Does!!!

I mean... now you can take 10 items, PLUS armor, PLUS all ur imps (except move on and ppr) and ur fucking bitching again. jesus christ.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 17:57
Amen Vid.

retr0n
17-08-04, 17:58

You people are never ever ever ever satisfied with what KK Does

I mean... now you can take 10 items, PLUS armor, PLUS all ur imps (except move on and ppr) and ur fucking bitching again. jesus christ.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

People wanted to take imps with them SO THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO DO EPICS AGAIN!!!

Now we can take imps but they delete the epic items...
KK should rename their company to Catch22

ZyproN

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Fuck ARMORS, and imps. a rather take 10 items only then that shit i need those epic chips, and its a pain for me that i have to do the BT epic 4 times and PP to.

Jaffo
is this not a reasonable solution? its only breif and crappy but u get the jist of it.

if the epics are getting deleted because of epics liek the DRE and NEXT epics because u cant take keys accross to DOY - why cant kk just say somehting like, if u hand in your DRE epic appy and epic revler vehicle to a GM, he can "spawn" u one in DOY. this way if u want to keep ur vehicle or appy u just hand ur key to a gm he writes ur name and what key u gave in on a list and come DOY u get a new key back

atm i know so many people whos set up will be screwed becasue they have no epic chips
how many poeple would want to re do the epics like 5 + times to get there imps back
how many people will be able to afford to change factions that many times with the low amount of money that kk will give us in DOY

cmon kk there must be a better way

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 17:59

Didn't you want a full item wipe anyways? lol
Hehe, yeh. But now that i know theres not gonna be one it pisses me off. :)
And my vehicle PE is useless without a moveon. So is my spy as he cant wear inqui anymore and will lose about 100 health.
And those are my 2 main characters.

ZyproN
17-08-04, 18:00
is this not a reasonable solution? its only breif and crappy but u get the jist of it.

if the epics are getting deleted because of epics liek the DRE and NEXT epics because u cant take keys accross to DOY - why cant kk just say somehting like, if u hand in your DRE epic appy and epic revler vehicle to a GM, he can "spawn" u one in DOY. this way if u want to keep ur vehicle or appy u just hand ur key to a gm he writes ur name and what key u gave in on a list and come DOY u get a new key back

atm i know so many people whos set up will be screwed becasue they have no epic chips
how many poeple would want to re do the epics like 5 + times to get there imps back
how many people will be able to afford to change factions that many times with the low amount of money that kk will give us in DOY

cmon kk there must be a better way

Alot of works for GM, i rather just let them delete the DRE epic and NEXT epic. Its not couse im using my Reveler that much as i use my moveone or pp.

coppertop
17-08-04, 18:01
I dont have a big problem with this one. They obviously cant find a way around getting the dre and reveler keys over to NC2, so a total epic wipe and reset seems fairly reasonable. It will be easy enough to get them back when you go over anyway.

Massacre**

SHUT THE FUCK UP

DO YOU EVER WONDER WHY? They have delayed the NC2 deadline for ages (that dont bother me) but Neocron it's self is possibly the buggiest game for it's age, it's like 2 years old and still get sync bug, fatals and theres more exploits that i can count...

There was nothing wrong with the original plan, 10 items, thats it...

And don't sware it's immature and there's no need for it.

Mumblyfish
Didn't you hear? Before the MOVEON and Resistor were implemented, even capped PPUs got their arses kicked by Sewer Flies.

:rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
^^lmfao

Hehe, yeh. But now that i know theres not gonna be one it pisses me off. :)
And my vehicle PE is useless without a moveon. So is my spy as he cant wear inqui anymore and will lose about 100 health.
And those are my 2 main characters.

So you're syaing your PE and SPY(if you had them back then) were completely useless before epics were put in?

retr0n
17-08-04, 18:02
The thing is, alot of people are like YEAH PWNAGE OMG ARMOR + IMPS + QB!!
But KK are smarter then you!

Ok, 10 items... You take ONLY the 10 items you REALLY REALLY need, meaning
You dont take a fucking helmet with you...

Bones, Armor = shop bought... = doesnt really matter if you take it along
or not... Most implants (except rares + EPICS!!!!) are very very easy to
obtain.

If we could only take the QB with us, i would have somehow crammed my
2 epic imps into my QB... But now i cant, but hey, i get to take LOTS MORE
items... shitty items that I can obtain within a few minutes in NC2...

-=BlackBeard=-
17-08-04, 18:03
i no kk is proberly tired of hearing this but as a tank my setup relys upon the move on and the resistor so.. if they r removed sorry but im leaving

Vid Gamer
damn, i dunno about u guys but 5/10 10 items were imps. now i have 5 FREE SLOTS to bring with me, plus all my armor which is cool so I like this way more then just 10 items.

and if ur really that worried about getting like 4 chips of each, just either do them or pay for them like always.. im sure in the first few weeks most ppl will have them, and ANY smart people will do them and sell them for mega $$$ to ppl

Jaffo
Alot of works for GM .

i think this is why they are deleting them
i dont think they like too much work but if they want there player base to be happy they gotta do somethign better that this liek many people have said fuck armour and fuck the other imps cept epic imps and mc 5

Wank3r
17-08-04, 18:04

SHUT THE FUCK UP

[ edited ] We are the players of the game. This is a community game...

THE COMMUNITY IMPROVES THE GAME.

retr0n
17-08-04, 18:05
ANY smart people will do them and sell them for mega $$$ to ppl

Call me stupid but I would keep my epic imps, especially since i would have
to do the epics 6 times each... I dont know about you but I dont find epic
as being the most exciting thing in this game.

ezza
17-08-04, 18:06
ita annoying, but its not a major setback, i mean when i done the last 6 epics i needed to do, took me like 2 or 3 days to do them all.

its not going to take that long for me to do the bio/proto/merc if i just do them 3, tho i will proberbly do them all

however........

i havent voted because, i can live with the epic wipe, however i would rather they didnt wipe them

Vid Gamer
DO YOU EVER WONDER WHY? They have delayed the NC2 deadline for ages (that dont bother me) but Neocron it's self is possibly the buggiest game for it's age, it's like 2 years old and still get sync bug, fatals and theres more exploits that i can count...

There was nothing wrong with the original plan, 10 items, thats it...

And don't sware it's immature and there's no need for it.

no, the original plan was NOT okay according to the majority of the community if u actually read all the threads saying how KK can go screw off and crap, so they do this and now its back to the same.

HEy, i got an idea, lets just take EVERYTHING with us, but then im sure u ppl will find a way to bitch about that too, huh? :rolleyes:

Jaffo
If we could only take the QB with us, i would have somehow crammed my
2 epic imps into my QB... But now i cant, but hey, i get to take LOTS MORE
items... shitty items that I can obtain within a few minutes in NC2...

yer at least now u can take that extra cron 55/milky ren or ammo

retr0n
no, the original plan was NOT okay according to the majority of the community if u actually read all the threads saying how KK can go screw off and crap, so they do this and now its back to the same.

HEy, i got an idea, lets just take EVERYTHING with us, but then im sure u ppl will find a way to bitch about that too, huh? :rolleyes:

Btw, didn't you just make a whine thread about not getting into beta?

Vid Gamer
17-08-04, 18:08
[ edited ] We are the players of the game. This is a community game...

THE COMMUNITY IMPROVES THE GAME.

[ edited ] u dont even know what ur talking about if u knew me u would know im the last person to suck kk's cock. but FOR ONCE im on KK's side here with all this bitching..

yes, the community improves the game, but u all just bitch and whine no matter what kk does, so we're not really improving anything now are we?

Shadow Dancer

What does that have to do with anything dude?

i no kk is proberly tired of hearing this but as a tank my setup relys upon the move on and the resistor so.. if they r removed sorry but im leaving

You're leaving the whole game if they wipe epic items?

omg

[ edited ]

Actually vid has been anti-kk in many many threads and posts.

I guess someone agreeing with KK once means they pleasure KK orally. :rolleyes:

Vid Gamer

yea so? like i said im not fond of KK or anything, but i have to side with kk on this because they are at least TRYING yet it seems the only way to satisfy you guys is to have no wipe whatsoever

ZyproN
17-08-04, 18:09
Call me stupid but I would keep my epic imps, especially since i would have
to do the epics 6 times each... I dont know about you but I dont find epic
as being the most exciting thing in this game.

Me2 i dont think its funny to do the epic okay maybe 1 BT and 1 PP but when you have to do them few times its realy borring like fucking lomming whole day.

kurai
17-08-04, 18:10
On a related note ...

I take it all you No voters want to keep your current retarded FA/TG/CS epic rewards ? :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
17-08-04, 18:10
You're leaving the whole game if they wipe epic items?

omg
Yep. If you're going to leave the game because you have to redo a few sidequests... maybe it's for the best. If you don't enjoy doing these quests, maybe it's just not the game for you. And I really mean that, no offense meant.

Wank3r
17-08-04, 18:11
yea so? like i said im not fond of KK or anything, but i have to side with kk on this because they are at least TRYING yet it seems the only way to satisfy you guys is to have no wipe whatsoever

Since when did ANYONE say that?

They need to communicate with us...They need to ask us what we want. Everyone I spoke to was happy with the 10 items, armour and imps.
But when the epic item part was read they didn't like it...

All KK has to do it get rid the the epic item wipe...pure and simple.

retr0n
17-08-04, 18:12

Would it really be THAT FUCKING HARD for KK to make a poll:

1) Transfer QB but QB only!
2) Transfer Imps + Armor + QB but epic imps wiped

And then decide from there. Because as it seem both of these options
are possible. Both of these options affect us, and only us, the players.

People keep bashing KK over and over again, maybe not so much because
of the descisions themselves, but much of it is because of KKs way of
presenting those descisions and keeping the players in a dark room while
these descisions are being made.

Jest
17-08-04, 18:13

And kurai is right... if DRE and NExT need to have their epic status wiped, it's only fair everyone else's is.I have 6 combined epic items for DRE and NEXT. I have a single Move On and a single Resist chip. I dont consider it unfair in the least bit to lose those epics and this is coming from some one who loves the Next epic item.

All of you who are saying this is a good idea must not be thinking this thing through. First of all, it will be a tremendous bitch to move from a city faction to an anti-city faction come NC2. I dont even want to think about how hard it is, unless they are planning on changing some thing from the way Neocron 1 works. Almost every setup needs those chips. I am not combat functional without it, and you think I want to spend the first 2 weeks of Neocron 2 doing the same epic Ive done a billion times before. (Despite only having a single PP epic chip Ive actually done the epic 7 times). And lets not even talk about the 600k that I wont have in order to switch from PP to BT to BD. I was hoping to help start my clan up as soon as possible but I guess not. Ill be in Neocron as a known anti-city player and you think people are going to just let me do my epics with practically the entire city having no safe zones? Its going to be hell, I will be getting attacked left and right. We'll see if I can even keep the required faction sympathy from defending myself so often. At the very least I will be with the hundreds of other players who will start as ProtoPharma in order to get their chips as well. Yay for me.

ZyproN
17-08-04, 18:13

Vid i understand, KK is getting all this shit at their heads. But its realy anoying to do the epic again and few times to, when you have so much thing to do in DoY, the new epics, hacknet and look around. I rather try the new things that is comming then go do the old epics few times again to get your char ready for fight again.

ZyproN
17-08-04, 18:14

People keep bashing KK over and over again, maybe not so much because
of the descisions themselves, but much of it is because of KKs way of
presenting those descisions and keeping the players in a dark room while
these descisions are being made.

Ye i asked my self about that to why they dont ask people before posting their new plans then we wouldnt get that pissed off if most people want it that way its fair.

Vid Gamer
17-08-04, 18:15

agreed.

a poll asking the community should be made to settle this.

Wank3r
17-08-04, 18:16
agreed.

a poll asking the community should be made to settle this.

Yeah. We should be given an official poll with options for the community to choose.

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 18:18
^^lmfao

So you're syaing your PE and SPY(if you had them back then) were completely useless before epics were put in?Made both after the chips came in. Theyre still playable without a moveon, but crap then. :)

I just dont wanna do the damn epics AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN! Theyre so boring now. :(

Jaffo
17-08-04, 18:19
i also agree that kk should make an opfficial poll and read comments and take them into concideration

btw if they do this plz dont flame it to hell otherwise nothing will be done and nothign will have been gained

nugz420
17-08-04, 18:40
Wow epic wipe that just sucks total ass.I get to do the epics lets see here 4 times for biotech and 4 times for proto and once for CM.All I can say is fuck that.

If the epic wipe is gonna happen I will just cancel my second account so I only have 2 do the bio proto and cm epics once.There is no way in hell im doing those epics that many times again.It sucked bad enough the first time.

Oh well that will give me a 2x SF 2xSA 1xMarine 1xHerc 1x Psi core and 1x ds spare since the characters that use them will be cancleed I'll just xfere that shit to the account Im keeping.Woot I r Being rich at the start of NC2 :p

Massacre**
17-08-04, 19:30
Are KK going to take note of this, that the majority of the neocron community wants to cancel the Epic chips;

I think we should just take 10 items per char - therefore only taking the things we really need like MC5s and high slot weapons :D

Anyone agree?

solling
17-08-04, 19:42
u all know there was pvp and good setups before epic items yeh ?

and setups where diff

Nippa
17-08-04, 19:44
well not arsed tbh

Its not like there hard or anything is it realy ? You can do them all in 3 days max . Thats if kk wont let us take the items then they should do a reset so we can do them again . But if you take the epic imps with ya and wepons that only leaves the next vhc key and thats realy hard isnt it ? the dre epic is a waste of time tbh

..i..DemonX
17-08-04, 19:44
Guys how about wait till GC is over and we get Offical infos about the Epic stuff? Why make panic about it without know anything? Thanatos already said there will be infos after the GC on the Epic stuff, so just chill and wait!

-FN-
17-08-04, 20:06
- Epic runs have been slightly altered in NC2.
- New Epic runs have been implemented.
- The world has new little surprises that will be seen in the course of the epic.
- Certain Epic items *can't* be transferred for technical reasons. Why screw over NeXT people and let BioTech keep theirs?
- Not bringing a Proto & Moveon means I can put MC5 chips in my head instead :p
- The market is currently *flooded* with Epic Items - wiping will bring more value to them.
- Doing an Epic gives you something to do.

I voted yes. Wipe 'em.

retr0n
17-08-04, 20:06
u all know there was pvp and good setups before epic items yeh ?

and setups where diff

Yeah lore, it is fully possible to have a descent setup without an epic imp or
two, but as long as most people use them you are going to be gimpy, unless
you have a very very good setup, but even then you will be lacking.

And there is so many things we dont know about NC2 yet, for example, will
there be LOM pills in NC2? If not, and we loose epic imps, you will have to
reroll your char in order to rework his/hers setup... Just little things like that
are very important to know.

But in all honesty I dont really care much. I'll be waiting for the completly fresh
servers and start all over very slowly there.

plague
17-08-04, 20:08
i vote yes, i'd love to have my epic status reset and get all these item should take no time....+ i traded bunch me epics for rare imp and sht so I actually will be gaining from this..

Seven
17-08-04, 20:18
No, because LE users can't do epics (except for next)

plague
17-08-04, 20:21
yes, le users r buggered with this change, then it would be good time to take le out...

Splaticus
17-08-04, 20:21
Maybe they will make all epic items faction specific. Why is it that the only Epic reward that is limited to faction members is the CA Powerarmor? Making it so that every BD, FA, TG, tank can't run around with the moveon, PP resistor, Marine, and Herc will actually help distinguish faction runners from each other. PP runners will have good resists, BT ones will have extra health and Strength, only City Mercs can have speedgats, only CS will have the +5 PSI glove (makes sense as CS are just a buncha religious fanatics anyway). This will cause certain Character types to gravite to certain factions, Monks to CS for example).

Hayato
17-08-04, 20:28
no means NOOOOOOOOOOO

Gohei
17-08-04, 20:32
Epic items are getting wiped ? Thats it.. All of my characters use fucking epic items, and my tank has done all epic runs... Fuck that...

SypH
17-08-04, 20:33
It's going to be shit having to do the epics all over again (several times for each PP and Move on I need) but since all my chars still have LE's in and arent combat ready (lots of resist testing and tweaking needing) it wont hurt me too much.

zii
17-08-04, 20:39
SHUT THE FUCK UP

This is fine if you play every day. It took me 4 months to get all my items and complete the pro-city epics. Addionally my Faction Sympathies have been screwed up due to running the Epics, there is no way I have the time to do them again.

People tend to forget that there are some people who play this game who have to balance NC with a family and job. I manage to spend 2 hours a week on this game, with a few periods when family goes on holiday without me. (No offence intended in any way to students/unemployed or those at school.)

This why I am really against such a harsh penallty for investing so much of my time into this game.

I really am sick to death of this fucking over by KK regarding the item wipe.

I would have survived with the 10 items plus the currently implanted items, but now I am seriously reconsidering computer games in general, esp., if the games providers are unwilling to provide a persistant 'universe'.

Massacre**
17-08-04, 20:47
Epic items are getting wiped ? Thats it.. All of my characters use fucking epic items, and my tank has done all epic runs... Fuck that...

Yeah, KK listen to this 62% of ur community dont want them dlted, KEEP THEM!

nightwind
17-08-04, 21:00
I been reading this thread and i have not noticed any bring up the fact that they are only doing this because the epic items that use key can be brough over because of techinical issues so it is only right that they make it fair to the other people that only use thoes epic items is to delete them all and any way it wont screw people up completly screw things up because ever one it equal at the begining and it will take a bit for people to get them and u can also trade other people for them.

solling
17-08-04, 21:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHUT THE FUCK UP

i gotta agree with u here peops on this forum will whine and biatch no matter what happens
the epics aint a big deal
they are good in a setup for sure hell i use both of em on my Pe and u dont hear me whining
im actually looking forward to doing the epics again since the story is altered a bit now

and OMG it cracks me up to hear OMG MY 4CHARS NEED THEM NOW I GOTTA DO THE EPICS 4 MORE TIME
i gotta say 1 char server > 4 char server :p

(above was a joke the its still funne so dont bother flaming)

Atm i got about 15 pp chips and moveons.

do u know urself how fucked up that is ?
make us able to use 1 epic item per char nothing more or summit

Glok
17-08-04, 21:02
Question. If every runner in the game world is BT or PP, how are we gonna get our epic kills? :D

Liebestoter
17-08-04, 21:04
My setup is gimped without the moveon and PP..

People with MC5s will now not just have an advantage over me, but a massively huge advantage. If we need to reset keys, why don't we just reset the faction's epics that have the said keys? Hmm? HMM?

Say no to the Epic Wipe. :|

Promethius
17-08-04, 21:19
Maybe they will make all epic items faction specific. Why is it that the only Epic reward that is limited to faction members is the CA Powerarmor? Making it so that every BD, FA, TG, tank can't run around with the moveon, PP resistor, Marine, and Herc will actually help distinguish faction runners from each other. PP runners will have good resists, BT ones will have extra health and Strength, only City Mercs can have speedgats, only CS will have the +5 PSI glove (makes sense as CS are just a buncha religious fanatics anyway). This will cause certain Character types to gravite to certain factions, Monks to CS for example).

ALot of classes depend on PPR's and moveons for them to be viable in combat. They make those chips faction dependent your gunna have factions with only tanks, factions with only apus , of course there will still be a million PPus everywhere..

The rewards are fine atm, But instead of getting an actual item for being in the faction maybe u get a bonus ? +20 weaponlore being in Next or something to that affect. A char shouldn't become UBER jsut because they are in persay Crahn, as an apu/ppu.

-Prom

solling
17-08-04, 21:23
ALot of classes depend on PPR's and moveons for them to be viable in combat. They make those chips faction dependent your gunna have factions with only tanks, factions with only apus , of course there will still be a million PPus everywhere..

The rewards are fine atm, But instead of getting an actual item for being in the faction maybe u get a bonus ? +20 weaponlore being in Next or something to that affect. A char shouldn't become UBER jsut because they are in persay Crahn, as an apu/ppu.
i think a char should only be allowed to use 1 epic item

BUT i also agree a faction needs to have an item for each of the classes
more or less at the same power so all the monks wont go crahn etc

capt-o
17-08-04, 21:59
I'm suprised more ppl aren't into this idea. Since the epics will be different, no one can really say anything about how hard it is to get them yet.

Plus we will have flying vehicles to get us to remote areas more easily, hacknet will allow this as well (spies are gonna be alot more popular it seems).

As was said before no one will have the epic items so all will be equal in that respect.

Anyone who is setting up their QB now is either a fool or won't be able to get on in the last couple of days. I do feel sorry for the latter. If you can, wait to set up your belt and whatever else they decide until the NC1 going away party.

Stop with the idea of taking the gogo it's a "pointed item" if I understand correctly and they are not going to transfer those.

Above all just relax and wait till the open beta, see how it goes, then decide what you want to do with your retail characters. (this of course being dependant on that you can run both at the same time. Benjie???)

Massacre**
17-08-04, 22:38
Right can we have a answer from the Admins etc, whats happening?!

You can clearly see that the majority of people dont want them dlted...

Answer?

Anna
17-08-04, 22:41
i dont like my epics beeing deleted, but i also understand it isnt fair for next and diamond ppl to loose their epic while the rest doesnt

so im kinda missing a dromsex-option

Clownst0pper
17-08-04, 22:42
@ Shadow, my spy without a moveon cannot use inq armour, which means he cannot be a combat spy, which yes- makes him useless as otherwise he takes so much dmg.

And my tank Koro, cannot put PA3 on without a moveon, so yes, hes useless, as my melee would be well low otherwise and his resists b0rked

Glok
17-08-04, 22:42
I bet the Biotech HQ will zonecrash multiple times every day for the first few weeks. :lol:

Scikar
17-08-04, 22:45
i dont like my epics beeing deleted, but i also understand it isnt fair for next and diamond ppl to loose their epic while the rest doesnt

so im kinda missing a dromsex-option
I don't see why this is a concern? Everybody who has the Next or Diamond epics is affected, not just people in Next and Diamond. Also a lot of the people who have Diamond and Next epics most likely still have Moveons and PPRs too I bet. I can't see how it's unfair on certain people that they can't keep Next and Diamond epics, as far I see it it affects nearly all players, so it's not really unfair.

-FN-
17-08-04, 23:18
You can clearly see that the majority of people dont want them dlted...

The majority of people in this thread you mean. I know dozens of people who play and don't read these forums or just don't post. It's also only 60% vs 40%... would you still say "the majority" if it were 51% vs 59%?

It's just stuff - your QB, your Implants, and even your Armor are being ported - jeez, what more do you want.

I'm behind KK 100% on this specific issue.

ezza
17-08-04, 23:21
@ Shadow, my spy without a moveon cannot use inq armour, which means he cannot be a combat spy, which yes- makes him useless as otherwise he takes so much dmg.

And my tank Koro, cannot put PA3 on without a moveon, so yes, hes useless, as my melee would be well low otherwise and his resists b0rked
well i know what your trying to get accross, however Bez 3 will allow you to get PA 3 on

Seven
17-08-04, 23:33
I wonder how many of those saying YES actually have any epic items to lose.

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 23:40
I'm a PP Master and I don't have a problem with the epic wipe PROVIDING we have some new epics (i.e. they are rewritten), then I want to redo the epic please :)

solling
17-08-04, 23:40
i have one of almost every epic to loose both on saturn and on pluto

i think most do

I'm a PP Master and I don't have a problem with the epic wipe PROVIDING we have some new epics (i.e. they are rewritten), then I want to redo the epic please ¨'¨

yeh i totally agree ive done the epics a few times and if im supposed to do em again wich i dont mind i would really liek a new story
i loved the epics first time i did em great to finally have some story in NC
but doing the same story over and over aint fun
so plz make the story diff ;)

Archeus
17-08-04, 23:48
If the new NC logo has taught us anything is.. polls don't mean dick. :)

-FN-
17-08-04, 23:49

I have a level 3 apartment with a cab for MOVEONs, a cab for Protos, a cab for CAPA, a DRE Cell I've never used, two revelers I can't drive, I used to have several speed gats which I've since given out.

I have lots to lose. But the fact that I have them tells me there are too many in circulation considering only one of each were actually mine via doing the epic.

Besides - this frees up implant spots for people to put OTHER implants in that aren't as easy to get... throw an SS or SF or Marine or Kami or PSI Core or something in your head. Or for weapons - instead of a speed gat you can bring another rare which would take WEEKS to get in NC2 while you can do the Epic straight away in one day since you're already high level.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 23:51
FN you got a spare apu kami you're not takin to NC2? :D :D *cough* :p

Mr Kot
17-08-04, 23:56

Well, me for one.

I will lose 2 slot TT epic pistol (my baby :( ), M.O.V.E.O.N., PP resistor and DRE storage cell. The storage cell is out of use atm as the key went missing a long time ago and i darent put any stuff into the place until the key is returned to me.

But hey, they're replacable now, so what's the worry? The entire server starts as ProtoPharm, then switches to Biotech, then City Mercs, then wherever. So what? Ppl will settle in their factions eventually and things will return to normal. Whatever "normal" is :confused:

It will give us all something to do, anyway. The last weeks have been rather boring, especially for capped characters. It's been mentioned in an earlier post that it will bring community members together again, now we have a common goal. It will be nice to see old enemies asking if they can tag along with us to the Loba Village to help each other avoid the DoYs. Once we've got our stuff, there are the Wisdom of Ceres missions too. I can't wait for that. Keeping people busy with epics may stop the noob PKing for a bit, and encourage new ppl to stay longer with the game. How many times has a PK victim / witness remonstrated with the PKer to be met with the excuse, "I was bored.." ? The devil makes work for idle hands.

The only snag i can predict is that i will lose my 2 slot TT pistol to gain a single or (perish the thought) ZERO slotter 8| . But again, u pays ya money, u takes ya chance. It's all part of the thrill of the game. On the other hand, u could have been one of the unlucky ones and got a 0-slot Speed gat / TT gun first time round, so now u have a precious second chance. It works both ways. By the law of averages, i think i have a pretty decent chance of equalling or bettering the slot count on my gun. If people didn't enjoy a gamble from time to time, fruit machines wouldn't have been invented. ;)

COLD
17-08-04, 23:58
Fresh game, fresh start. Although its a pain, we should consider ourselves lucky that we aren't have to start from scratch.

For a long time people have been saying NC1 was a paid beta. Well we're excaping a complete wipe before it goes retail.

Yes, before the flaming starts, I do have epic items essential to my setups, and I will use shitloads with the item wipe.

agreed, go ahead KK. Just include a skill point release as well

Wank3r
18-08-04, 00:01
But hey, they're replacable now, so what's the worry? The entire server starts as ProtoPharm, then switches to Biotech, then City Mercs, then wherever. So what? Ppl will settle in their factions eventually and things will return to normal. Whatever "normal" is :confused:

Are you crazy? Lets put this into context.

You have been visiting MC5 for example, everyday for 2 weeks. You collect a bunch of parts. You trade for a few more days and finnaly you get your parts! w00t! You build your chips, but suddenly it's taken away! YOUR GUTTED!

You have a PP Resistor, a MOVEON, a CM Speed Gat, CM PA whatever other stuff. How is that any different!

FFS epic items are your items just like any other. They shouldn't be wiped...

solling
18-08-04, 00:03
You have been visiting MC5 for example, everyday for 2 weeks. You collect a bunch of parts. You trade for a few more days and finnaly you get your parts! w00t! You build your chips, but suddenly it's taken away! YOUR GUTTED!

that is sooooo not the same
an epic u can do in afew hours

Seven
18-08-04, 00:05
OK that's 3 people so far. :p

Seven
18-08-04, 00:06
that is sooooo not the same
an epic u can do in afew hours

Like I said earlier, LE folks can't do them anymore. :(

Mr Kot
18-08-04, 00:07

MC5 chips aren't gonna be wiped. If u want to keep your 2 weeks' time investment, just poke 'em in your head or stick em in your quickbelt.

You have a PP Resistor, a MOVEON, a CM Speed Gat, CM PA whatever other stuff. How is that any different!

Simple. This stuff is replacable within a day. Tops. No risking your ass at MC5, no collecting parts, no trading for days on end. U get the whole item, complete with slots, handed to you on a plate.

Wank3r
18-08-04, 00:09
MC5 chips aren't gonna be wiped. If u want to keep your 2 weeks' time investment, just poke 'em in your head or stick em in your quickbelt.

Simple. This stuff is replacable within a day. Tops. No risking your ass at MC5, no collecting parts, no trading for days on end. U get the whole item, complete with slots, handed to you on a plate.

I know that...I said it was an example jeez.

Your TOTALLY missing the parts about the epics ffs. These are EPIC ITEMS and you NEED TO BE IN THE RIGHT FACTION to do them...[ edited ]

solling
18-08-04, 00:10
Like I said earlier, LE folks can't do them anymore

yeh this is a BIG problem KK should somehow make the epics dooable when u have an LE in maybee a diff script where u dont have to kill no one or maybee kill an NPC

it should NOT be so that le guys dont have a chance to complete the epics

Gohei
18-08-04, 00:15
Lol, yeah.. I love the endless faction swapping. All those FS whores you gotta kill, and at the end you got about 100- FS with all factions but your current one.. But hey, i'll bend over jusst to get those epic items... I hope that there is a smoother way to change faction in NC2...

NC2 will have to be the Doom 3 of MMORPGs for me to even consider buying it atm...

Mr Kot
18-08-04, 00:20
These are EPIC ITEMS and you NEED TO BE IN THE RIGHT FACTION to do them...[ edited ]

OK, the faction switch will be a formality just as it is now. At the moment, we don't know exactly what is involved in faction changing in DoY. If i get the hint that you know something we don't (perhaps u have dabbled with the server named after the greek letter between "alpha" and "gamma"), then you shouldn't really be discussing that here.

If we assume that faction changing post DoY is gonna be a pain in the ass, does it mean impossible? or slightly more involving? more difficult than the business of collecting MC5 parts? If not, then it's not a problem. If faction changing is as equally difficult as collecting and trading for MC5 parts, then again, it keeps us busy for a while. Besides, the epic items that we will lose don't represent a huge amount of effort wasted. They were given to us under the "old" system of easy faction changes and not-too-difficult epics.

Wank3r
18-08-04, 00:24
OK, the faction switch will be a formality just as it is now. At the moment, we don't know exactly what is involved in faction changing in DoY. If i get the hint that you know something we don't (perhaps u have dabbled with the server named after the greek letter between "alpha" and "gamma"), then you shouldn't really be discussing that here.

If we assume that faction changing post DoY is gonna be a pain in the ass, does it mean impossible? or slightly more involving? more difficult than the business of collecting MC5 parts? If not, then it's not a problem. If faction changing is as equally difficult as collecting and trading for MC5 parts, then again, it keeps us busy for a while. Besides, the epic items that we will lose don't represent a huge amount of effort wasted. They were given to us under the "old" system of easy faction changes and not-too-difficult epics.

lol that's beside the point. We shouldn't have to re-do the epics after we have already done them.

Also think about this. People just a few days ago have been trading things that won't be wiped for epic items. I myself traded MC5 parts for a MOVEON recently and now I wish I hadn't. I could have thrown the MC5 parts in Plaza and it wouldn't have made a difference.

solling
18-08-04, 00:30
Also think about this. People just a few days ago have been trading things that won't be wiped for epic items. I myself traded MC5 parts for a MOVEON recently and now I wish I hadn't. I could have thrown the MC5 parts in Plaza and it wouldn't have made a difference.

ok here is a piece of advice

DONT DO ANYTHING OR ASSUME ANYTHING ABOUT THE TRANFERS TIL KK GIVES FINAL RESPONSE

simple as that we all know KK and know it will most likely change over the next few days-weeks til doy comes out so plz do not assume anything or trade anything etc and if u do dont blame KK

extract
18-08-04, 00:31
epic items wiped, holy fuck....is there no end to the madness they have got going on?

this is plain absurd....on saturn alone 3 of my 4 chars have both a move on and PP resist, and then theres my tanks speed gat.....

thats 7 epics.....at least 14 faction changes....without ANY MONEY

fawk you KK, i did my best to cope with the whole item thing considering Im gonna lose hundreds of valueable items....over 3000 rare parts....and fuck who knows what else...BUT i was able to cope with it......epic wipe...I cannot, I already switched factions painstakingly and did all those epics over the last 2 years....Im not fucking doing it again.....and fuck you if u say just buy the shit. cause im about to lose about 32 million credits over 3 servers.....

like usual KK is only thinking of prospect customers instead of considering the people who have fucking paved this game into what it is now over the last 2 or 3 years.....remember if we never stayed with it you wouldnt be releasing a NC2 now [ edited ]

whatever.....if what is planned at this point in time goes retail they can kiss my ass goodbye, for real!

solling
18-08-04, 00:32
[ edited ]

extract
18-08-04, 00:35
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

if anyone in this game can actually tell me that they are fine with all these changes, plain and simple your just a nib.....

[ edited ]

Mr Kot
18-08-04, 00:37
We shouldn't have to re-do the epics after we have already done them.

Why shouldn't we? Some people think they're fun to do. The epics may even change in some way. There are plenty of other things in NC2 that we will have to "re-do" to get what we want. We will have to "re-do" a lot of warbot killing to get motoric 3s etc. We will have to "re-do" a lot of researching to recompile our BP libraries of armour, guns, noob weapons etc. So if we "re-do" an epic, is that so much different? I have already stated the benefits of redoing epics in my earlier post.

As for your trading away MC5 parts for a MOVEON, i kinda feel sorry for you, but we were warned that plans weren't finalised yet and everything could change at the last moment, so DON'T THROW ANYTHING AWAY JUST YET. Besides, why u trade MC5 parts for a MOVEON? Couldn't u have just done the epic? Well, as it seems u haven't, u won't be "re-doing" the epic in NC2 after all. See u in Biotech HQ in September!! :p

solling
18-08-04, 00:40
if anyone in this game can actually tell me that they are fine with all these changes, plain and simple your just a nib.....

lol should i say nooooo plz dont go i cant live without uuuuuu

[ edited ]

extract
18-08-04, 00:44
Why shouldn't we? Some people think they're fun to do. The epics may even change in some way. There are plenty of other things in NC2 that we will have to "re-do" to get what we want. We will have to "re-do" a lot of warbot killing to get motoric 3s etc. We will have to "re-do" a lot of researching to recompile our BP libraries of armour, guns, noob weapons etc. So if we "re-do" and epic, is that so much different? I have already stated the benefits of redoing epics in my earlier post.

As for your trading away MC5 parts for a MOVEON, i kinda feel sorry for you, but we were warned that plans weren't finalised yet and everything could change at the last moment, so DON'T THROW ANYTHING AWAY JUST YET. Besides, why u trade MC5 parts for a MOVEON? Couldn't u have just done the epic? Well, as it seems u haven't, u won't be "re-doing" the epic in NC2 after all. See u in Biotech HQ in September!! :p

your post seems logical, however this isnt about logic, its about principle....

making bluprints for a shelter getting it constructed will take a HELL of alot less time than doing 7 epics, which SURE yea only take a few hours if your slow....but thats not the time sink.....its changing fucking factions that kicks my ass....and sometimes you have to change factions more than once just to get into a certain faction....and with the new faction alliances is going to be even funner if you start out as say BD and want a MOVE ON.....BT HQ is deep in VIA....thats alot of fucking copbots and faction gaurds to pass not to mention a plethora of runners who will see me red=dead....good thing my tank and my PE have stealth eh?

you can name 100 reasons why we shouldnt mind redoing them

Ill name 200 more why we should

the cons far outwiegh the pros of all these actions KK are taking

common sense would prevail you would think.....

at least I hope.....

solling
18-08-04, 00:49
the cons far outwiegh the pros of all these actions KK are taking

well regarding the epic items
maybee KK has some info about them being duped or whatnot maybee they have a reason

u dont know and neither do i

I think that due to all the OOHHNOOZ WE LOOSING EPICS that Kk should at least post a reason with valid points to explain why they do as they do

seems only fair

extract
18-08-04, 00:50
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

as far as me being a whiney bitch, thats something to laugh at.....FUCK YES IM PISSED....I worked my ass off for EVERYTHING I have....maybe you didnt, maybe you had some buddy who gave you everything....who knows, my point was you dont know me, so why the fuck you care.....your post which btw was against FORUM REGULATIONS([ edited ]), was just pointless if you want to quote something, how about challenging my opinion....[ edited ]

Nidhogg
18-08-04, 00:53
You're both as bad as each other so take it to PMs or just put each other on ignore.

N

Mr Kot
18-08-04, 01:01
making bluprints for a shelter getting it constructed will take a HELL of alot less time than doing 7 epics, which SURE yea only take a few hours if your slow....but thats not the time sink.....its changing fucking factions that kicks my ass

I see what you're saying here and i guess it all comes down to personal preference. The epics may take an equal amount of time to compiling a large library of stuff again. It depends on the size of the library. Some people don't mind the time sink if it just involves your character sat in a room pressing "START" for that period. Others would prefer to have their character running free thru the city and the wastes occupying the same period to do an epic. As for the changing faction thing, u just have to be tactical, it's all part of the game. It hasn't yet been decided whether factions symps will be reset, so if you're clever, get some missions done NOW to get all the relevant faction symps to 50 ready to change over. You may have to find a compliant symp whore. Killing a TG is usually pretty good as it raises most factions' symps except PP, TS, FA and Crahn. Just do missions to get your PP symp up. As for the NPC to change faction, don't forget theres more than one, and the "other one" is in a totally different zone. ;) Again, we don't know EXACTLY what the faction plan is yet for DoY, so there may be more NPCs yet to enable us to "flex" the system.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

trigger hurt
18-08-04, 01:02
*notes that he doesnt need the moveon or pp chip for his spy to be viable*
*sets up camp in NC2 at Ancient Loba Villiage*

boy, that's going to be fun!

Dirk_Gently
18-08-04, 01:04
It could of course be that the Epics have been rewritten thus making them new content. KK therefore want us all to see the new content in the game we are paying for.

Mr Kot
18-08-04, 01:07
Good point, Dirk. I wondered that myself. Never thought of the reason though. :angel:

joran420
18-08-04, 01:10
the epics are pretty easy to do...i guess its more the raising symp and spending 300k each time thats the issue ...oh well nm...I dont use any epics...I will oonce we get the crahn glove though :)

DigestiveBiscui
18-08-04, 01:11
well its 46 to 71 atm :S

i hope KK are looking at it

retr0n
18-08-04, 01:19
I feel sad for the people who will have to do the epics at once. I myself will
probably be playing my PPU mostly in the beginning, since that's the only char
I have without any epic implants...

Then I will do the epics char by char when I get the time & patience (sp?)

However alot of people need epic imps to make their main char viable, and
instead of exploring the new game & enjoying the changes they will be doing
missions and epics so they can be viable in pvp.

Thundra
18-08-04, 01:22
id be happy if they balenced the usefullness of the epics and made them all faction required. we used to get on fine b4 epics arrived so we shouldnt NEED to have the epics to be vieble. as well as faction required to use em each faction should get a bonus e.g tangent buy there weapons cheaper and stuff.

i meanthe mov on chip is only needed as it adds 3 dtr. tanks are the msot screwed over as far as str + implants are concerned so all they need t do is make a new str chip. maybe one lik ethe motoric that only adds str. means if ya in boptech (i think) u get a str3 chip taht also adds other stuff.

if this sint the case then no they shouldnt wipe the epics as like us all i worked me arse off for em. (well most of em)

id proberbly stay as tangent as i liek the epic gun. not as handy on monks as the speed gat but u can always make a good t cannon and its cose to its power. this way each faction would also be a bit different.

Dirk_Gently
18-08-04, 01:28
However alot of people need epic imps to make their main char viable, and
instead of exploring the new game & enjoying the changes they will be doing
missions and epics so they can be viable in pvp.

My two main chars are a PE and a Tank and I don't consider PPR and MOVEON anything more than a not particularly necessary bonus to them. It won't stop me exploring. If noone else has a PPR and MOVEON then I definitely don't need them ;)

Xylaz
18-08-04, 02:01
The problem with epic items is *mass* faction hopping and general mess within the faction balance which wont be a very healthy for new people which come into game. You know, we will see 200 hundred people in BT and another 200 in pp, all fighting with each other regardless of the faction issues... I'm not sure if this is the good way to start...

solling
18-08-04, 02:11
we used to get on fine b4 epics arrived so we shouldnt NEED to have the epics to be vieble

i agree its cookie cutter setups for all now

that and peops are spoiled they need to have the best of the best of the best :(

i miss the time of fighting with TCPs

garyu69
18-08-04, 02:17
I voted Yes.

Lets face it if Faction symps were not able to be manipulated as easily then no one would be able to get all the epic items. from and RP side of things why would a runner in FA have done the TT epic? They wouldn't have and there is no reason for them to do so.

I agree with them not being carried over, maybe with the new Epic runs it is made more impossible to faction hop which will be good.

But the con with that on a multi slot server is that you will get people creating chars to do the epics they can't get to.

making bluprints for a shelter getting it constructed will take a HELL of alot less time than doing 7 epics, which SURE yea only take a few hours if your slow....but thats not the time sink.....its changing fucking factions that kicks my ass....
So you think it would be right for a runner to have done 7 epics for factions which would hate each other?

I think if you do an epic and gain the award it should only be available for use if you are that faction like the CA armour.

Gohei
18-08-04, 02:35
I think if you do an epic and gain the award it should only be available for use if you are that faction like the CA armour.

Theres a thread about that, and yeah the idea is good. But it doesnt work in NC as it is. Tanks would end up in PP or BT, HC PEs would be crap, monks go Crahn,
no DRE ppl around etc. Sure you can be different and not use PP/Moveon as a tank, but the ones who does use em will allways have an advantage. jusst an example..

NeoChick
18-08-04, 03:42
I'd hate my epic items to be wiped but it is acceptable.

All I would like to know is, where is the link?
I have not seen any official notice saying epic items will be wiped.

I just don't want to leave my epic items behind only to find that it was simply a rumour.
With only ten spots, it is really important to know what you can take and what no. Do not want to fill my ten spots with epic items only to find an empty belt when I arrive in DOY

Shadow Dancer
18-08-04, 03:44
I'd hate my epic items to be wiped but it is acceptable.

All I would like to know is, where is the link?
I have not seen any official notice saying epic items will be wiped.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=107429&page=1

But still, you shouldn't do anything drastic until a few days before NC2. You know how KK is.

capt-o
18-08-04, 04:19
@garyu69

I can see your point about epics being faction specific as a RP thing.

However also from an RP perspective wouldn't having your knowledge/use of your enemy's weapons be an advantage. FA gets many of it's scientists from Pro city companies. I'm sure the flow would go in reverse at times as well.

I voted yes on the wipe and i have done all the epics with my tank on uranus, and my other 3 chars have done at least one.

Extract if your still around the item wipe is not about principle in any respect, it's about technical concerns the apartments are full of cabs, cabs are "pointed items" on the database and those are apparently, extremely difficult to move to the new database. I'm guessing keys are as well.

Birkoff
18-08-04, 05:45
I hadn't read the new notes b4 i posted.... dunnohow i came the conclusion no but thas another story,

After reading the notes... 6 hours ago i would of voted yes :)

-Demon-
18-08-04, 07:49
Althought I thank KK for the better solution of carrying my implants in thier slots and 2 out of my 3 chars are not effected by the epic chips being deleted.

I voted No...but it's not too much hardship for me to get them again I suppose just a pain.

I can relate with other poeple who have more chars to kit out, remember to take out your epic chips guys and use those slots to carry something else across to tide you over while doing epics.

I notice alot of you guys are going on about faction hopping, but this was always intended I think, remember the Neocron Grandmaster title I haven't heard of that for a while...wonder if DoY will bring that or if it's been left behind.

MegaCorp
18-08-04, 08:19
There seems to be technical reasons why KK needs to wipe Epic Keys, both apartments and vehicles. Fine, then so be it. But i see no technical reason that prevents the transfer of Epic Implants.

That being the case, there is a very good reason why Epic Implants *should* be allowed to transfer: they are absolutely essential for many player's setups to work at all. This is a critical factor that *must* be taken into account.

It is true that deleting only the keys, and not the implants, would be "unfair" to those suffering the deletions (because others would get to keep their own epic items whereas the sufferers could not). However, that is much less an injustice than having many people upgrade to NC2 and have totally nonfunctional equipment! To my mind *that* would be a *far worse* injustice.

Given that one or the other injustice seems to be necessary, it is only proper that the worst injustice be the one addressed: which is resolved by allowing Epic Implants to be transferred.

Spook @ Pluto [I have an epic vehicle key; none of the implants]

TheGreatMilenko
18-08-04, 08:45
fuck no

shdowman
18-08-04, 08:46
All true, but no matter how KK tries to strike some sort of compromise....there isa always going to be some people who are gonna be ticked. I use 3 epic imps between 2 characters and I tell you, I would rather have those lost than my MC5 chips with which I would really be useless on both my characters. Be happy they are letting us carry over imps and armor as well as our quickbelt and lets all hope for a much better game :)

Wank3r
18-08-04, 09:38
All true, but no matter how KK tries to strike some sort of compromise....there isa always going to be some people who are gonna be ticked. I use 3 epic imps between 2 characters and I tell you, I would rather have those lost than my MC5 chips with which I would really be useless on both my characters. Be happy they are letting us carry over imps and armor as well as our quickbelt and lets all hope for a much better game :)

KK can always compromise so the majority is happy, unlike now where the majority is unhappy.

-REMUS-
18-08-04, 09:42
I don't really care, we are all in the same boat so no one has an advantage over the other. I wouldnt mind seeing the new epic run story lines either, so i didnt vote.

as well as? I was under the impression that it was what ever was in your QB........

Siygess
18-08-04, 10:00
Even though I own a number of epic items (including the popular MoveOn and PP, not forgetting my 8 suits of NCPD PA :D) I voted yes - I think there are a number of good reasons to wipe the epics and I've listed them in the Planfile 2 thread. To all the people worried about everyone going to BT / PP, thats true, but ultimately no different to the huge faction hops that will happen right after that when players all go to the anti-city factions to get the Crahn glove, Tradeskill chip etc. Faction hopping sucks, but its going to happen.

Perhaps KK will make the pro-city epics useable by pro-city factions only, and anti-city epics useable by anti-city factions only? Sure this would create a slight "imbalance" as there are presumably no chips in anti-city lineup there compare to the PP and MoveOn, but perhaps us Pro-city peeps will be due this "advantage" what with all the new stuff in the DoY city that we may never see :)

Xylaz
18-08-04, 11:47
Actually, there is a positive side of it... at least once in a history of NC there will be some people in the outzone sectors!

Massacre**
18-08-04, 11:52
Still 60%+ still goin strong, KEEP EPIC ITEMS!

Seven
18-08-04, 18:03
I don't really care, we are all in the same boat so no one has an advantage over the other.

Not true, LE users cannot do epics anymore.

nightwind
18-08-04, 18:22
Not true, LE users cannot do epics anymore.

That is one of the prices they pay for have it in.

Endar
18-08-04, 18:31
You dont have a clue if there are MOVEON or PP resistor in NC2, so whats the point of thinking about the "mass faction hopping"? I mean, they will create new epics right? Why not new epic items?

And you ppl who "need epic items for my ubah setup" are just pathetic... Just think about it for a second... If you cant survive without the currect epic items there is something wrong between the chair you are sitting and and the keyboard...

Glok
18-08-04, 18:35
And you ppl who "need epic items for my ubah setup" are just pathetic...Spies that wear inq armor and HC private eyes.

Endar
18-08-04, 18:44
Spies shouldnt need to use Inq armor and PEs are not ment to use HC...

Brammers
18-08-04, 19:17
Hmm, I'm wondering how many people in between Plan 1 and Plan 2 did the PP/BT epic as many times as possible to take over on one char to sell/trade them? O_o

Well as the new plan stands, where all the epic items are wiped and all the epic status reset, I'm happy. The old plan file was flawed in that everyone could keep their PP chips and Move-On's, and yet owners of the Reveler dont get to keep their vehicles.

It does means I'll have to do the epics again, but there is the challenge of getting over from FA to one of the City factions, to do the epics...and staying alive! :D

Scikar
18-08-04, 19:24
They shouldn't need to, but they still do. That's why, as I said either on this thread or another, if epic items are going to be restricted then Inq 1 reqs have to come down. Otherwise we're back the same old spies that die in 3 hits, leaving all to become utter stealth whores.

cRazy2003
18-08-04, 19:26
can we still keep our epic chips when theyre implanted like PP resistor and moveon? it took me absolutly ages to get both of those and if its true im not going to nc2 end of story.

Gohei
18-08-04, 19:50

Shows what u know.

Mobius
18-08-04, 19:52
resistor n moveon doesnt really matter... can get both in like less than a day anyways so..

Glok
18-08-04, 21:58
Spies shouldnt need to use Inq armor and PEs are not ment to use HC...Uh huh. I guess you think I should just delete my HC PE then. :rolleyes:

Massacre**
18-08-04, 22:41

yeah but the thing is, THEY DO... therefore we need the epic chips :D

Mobius
18-08-04, 23:36
what r u talkin about.. "not ment to use" blah blah.. it can be used and therefore it is =) and its sexy too

virgil caine
18-08-04, 23:52
resistor n moveon doesnt really matter... can get both in like less than a day anyways so..

How do you know that, may be a little more difficult to do the epics now, There is simply no way to tell, How do you know that it won't cost 20 million to change factions and take 200 sympathy points.

Juht
19-08-04, 00:11
A typical combat spy setup does not need a MOVEON to wear the same armor. Take another look at the implant list, there is more to the game than epic/rare/mc5 implants. If you complain about -INT then you are too lazy to cap your INT and shouldn't be playing spy in the first place.

Forgetting about armor all together, why is stealth in the game if it's not "allowed". Stealth "whoring" will be an option always, live with it.

I've always played spy since beta and the spy class is designed for infiltration and, well, spying. Juht, my old rifle/cst spy, soloed grims for weeks to get near capped. Just developing those tactics against mobs, attack, retreat, move to another attack position, and repeating is what fighting with a spy is all about. Yes it's possible to have a fairly nice CON/Armor setup on spies -- even without MOVEON/PPR -- but all that does is give you an alternative to your spy tactics. You should NOT be replacing spy tactics with tank tactics because you can get STR50 -- even without MOVEON -- and running in feet first. If your cover is compromised, great you can take some shots, but don't rely on that. If that's what you're after, you're better off playing a tank, not a spy.

As to the topic at hand, like I've already said, spies can replace the MOVEON with a standard imp and wear the same stuff. For HC PEs, fine you lose the HC+6 bonus, but you are far from requiring MOVEON. In any case, we don't know if epic rewards are the same in NC2 or not, so I'm just going to go with their decision.

Glok
19-08-04, 00:15
For HC PEs, fine you lose the HC+6 bonus, but you are far from requiring MOVEON.Give me an imp setup for an HC PE using a speedgat without drugs and I will gladly submit to not needing a moveon.

Mobius
19-08-04, 00:17
How do you know that, may be a little more difficult to do the epics now, There is simply no way to tell, How do you know that it won't cost 20 million to change factions and take 200 sympathy points.

good point, touché.. well.. if so.. then that's probably why they wipe 'em

Cor
19-08-04, 00:27
There is nothing wrong with there plan the Epic wipe is fine , it's like they said puts everyone on an almost even playing field there are a few people wineing " oh I'm not going to play if they wipe my epic stuff...I worked to hard for them" These people are almost as bad as the ones who were Band. All they want to do is kill the New Players and be uber over them.
Well I say "see you later" you wined like a baby here in NC I don't need to here you wine in NC2

Gohei
19-08-04, 00:59
New players drop in to the game every now and then, and thats like 3 years after retail. They arent given any sort of support jusst to even out the gap between them and the part of the community thats been playing since retail, economy wise. And so far it's been fine. You can earn your way up to the rares and big cash and stuff as a new player in a few months, jusst by hunting and doing good trades. Coming in as a new player in a wealthy community is a walk in the park. Experianced players will litteraly give you the gear the is neccessary for your character. With those MC5 and high slotted rares as an exception.

In fact, with the item wipage, item wipage and all this, the veteran community will be more attached to their things in the beginning, thus making trades with new players, who doesnt have anything, hard. The vets will probably trade the MC5's and 5 slotted items they brought over from the old servers, between themselves. But the chance of a new player getting those things is small.

Players have done the epics allready. They all bore the shit outta me. And honestly, i only read the last part of the mission log. Thats the most important for me. To get it over with fast, get my gear and play the spare time that i have.

Genty
19-08-04, 01:23
Well, it's gonna happen so it's not wheather or not you agree with it but wheather or not your can deal with it. Although it causes hassle for my HC PE (like -50 symp with BT i think now) I ain't gonna cry over it has whatever I say won't make a difference anyway, all i need is my Reveler anyway :D

So we should all just conform to the norm, yeah?

Juht
19-08-04, 01:42
If you must change to BT or PP before the transfer, simply leave your character logged in overnight, soon you will have 10 FS in all the bad ones. Then start doing your missions to swap. But hey, everyone likes to overreact.

You need to name your transfered characters and redesign their appearance; what makes you think you can't choose their faction?

Too many jump right to the negative consequences of particular actions without really understanding the problem. Too many things are assumed in the consequences of an epic wipe.

Seven
19-08-04, 03:53
That is one of the prices they pay for have it in.

It's because of the LE that you're now getting to take your implants with you.

And they already "pay" a price by losing one brain slot and cannot form a clan or loot belts.

mdares
19-08-04, 08:19
to keep things simple:

keeping epic items = good

wiping epic items = bad

---

along koro's lines, it'll be hard to get ur chars to the factions needed to do epics later if all ur symps are -99 >_< (hell even my ppu has -99 in everything... and he cant kill squat...)

mishkin
19-08-04, 10:42
To keep things REALLY simple:

Wiping everything = Good

Wiping nothing = Good

Wiping certain things = Fucking retarded...

Scikar
19-08-04, 11:17
If you must change to BT or PP before the transfer, simply leave your character logged in overnight, soon you will have 10 FS in all the bad ones. Then start doing your missions to swap. But hey, everyone likes to overreact.

You need to name your transfered characters and redesign their appearance; what makes you think you can't choose their faction?

Too many jump right to the negative consequences of particular actions without really understanding the problem. Too many things are assumed in the consequences of an epic wipe.Except in the case where you happen to have been at war with BD over the last two years of playing Neocron, and as a result have -99 sympathy with both BioTech and ProtoPharm. You can leave your char logged in for a month and you'll still have -99 sympathy with both. Only way to raise it from there is to kill NPCs or players in an appropriate faction, leaving you with -99 symp in 5 other factions instead.

EDIT: @Genty: The 10 QB items was stated, but clearly wasn't set in stone. I'm with Crazy on this one, I can understand not allowing epic chips in QBs since they could be duped, but I don't see what's wrong in allowing people to keep BT/PP imps if they are implanted. Keep CA armor too if it's being worn (although I don't mind either way on that one since I sold the armor when I left CA the last time :p), perhaps even allow one of each epic weapon in QB, so PEs could keep their TEPs and HC PEs/Tanks can keep their SpeedGuns. Wiping the DRE and NExT epics isn't unfair on anyone, since they aren't exclusive to DRE and NExT members. There's a lot of people from all factions with all combinations of epic items who have DRE and NExT epics, so it's not being unfair on anyone to only wipe those.

deac
19-08-04, 15:19
i agree its cookie cutter setups for all now

that and peops are spoiled they need to have the best of the best of the best :(

i miss the time of fighting with TCPs

well maybe you want to set up my 2 tanks and pes with moveons and pp cpus then? it will surely be fun :)

after your done with those then get me a moveon and pp for sunrise he uses both atm....

have fun cas ;)

ps. all my chars have seen a lot of pvp and ganking and that means im -99 with bio and pp im usually anti city as you might remember :P

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:41
KK going to respond yet?

i would love to see what they have to say

Jest
20-08-04, 16:42
KK going to respond yet?

i would love to see what they have to sayProbably not till next week. The gaming conference is going on this entire weekend.

DigestiveBiscui
20-08-04, 16:43
Damn The Games Convention - Damn It To Hell

Massacre**
26-08-04, 10:10
ok, so whats the reply now then, the weekend has long gone and still no answer?

JustIn_Case
26-08-04, 10:29
If the Pro City Epics and Epic rewards will be the same in NC-2, i can't see any reason for KK to wipe them.

But maybe the rewards have been changed?
Maybe the Epic items has got faction requirements (like the Cityadmin armour)?
Maybe the Epic rewards only can be used by the runner that actually done the Epic?

If any of the above will apply in NC2 then there is reason for an Epic wipe.
But it is only speculations.

(sorry if this already has been stated, didnt have time to read all the 12 pages)

/Edit spelling

Massacre**
26-08-04, 10:31
There removing them because some little gays are crying about losing there epic Vehicles and appartments... so KK thought, if we have to dlt some peoples epics we have to dlt them all... WHO FUCKIN CARES ABOUT LITTLE ******** VEHICLES AND SHITTY APPS!!

boombang
26-08-04, 10:52
I still can't work out why KK just didn't arrange to start NC2 DBOY as a totally new game, and keep NC running as it is until the demand dropped to below a pre-determined level.

Therefore everyone starts from fresh - no arguements, and no whining.
Yes I was pissed off at the epic item deletion, but only because I spent the entire day and night before the announcement doign the epics on my chars which hadn't done them, and then getting them to TT for my clan.

Although I wish they'd told us sooner (and saved 20 hours of my life), I'm cool with it now, just really wish they'd just either told us EXACTLY what was going to happen from day one, or wish they'd just started afresh.

RayBob
26-08-04, 11:07
There removing them because some little gays are crying about losing there epic Vehicles and appartments... so KK thought, if we have to dlt some peoples epics we have to dlt them all... WHO FUCKIN CARES ABOUT LITTLE ******** VEHICLES AND SHITTY APPS!!While not my choice of words, essentially I agree. Most people can accept losing their Revelers and DRE apartments. Most people understand there is some sort of technical issue with keys. KK does not need to wipe out all other epic items out of some ill-conceived sense of fair play.

ufora
26-08-04, 11:08
if this was posted in the german forum (in german) kk would probs take more notice

alig
26-08-04, 11:19
Voted yes.

They are'nt difficult to do as of now but when your black dragon running into neocron wanting to change faction to biotech or protopharm getting shot of all the guards + other players its going to proove quite difficult and vice versa when you are biotech/pp wanting to go back to your own faction (black dragon) .

This will cause alot of faction hoppping. Maybe the only way you can do this is by e.g being black dragon - running to MB, changing to CM - running to neocron, changing to biotech - do epic, change to protopharm - go back to MB, change back to CM - run back to DoY, change to black dragon, wash rinse and repeat for however many characters you have that actually _need_ a moveon or ppr to pvp.

Jonax
26-08-04, 11:29
They are'nt difficult to do as of now but when your black dragon running into neocron wanting to change faction to biotech or protopharm getting shot of all the guards + other players its going to proove quite difficult and vice versa when you are biotech/pp wanting to go back to your own faction (black dragon) .

It's amazing how many people have gone on about the City/DoY war and forgot about the City Mercs - Cooped up in their Military Base, they may end up being like the Swiss ;)

As for the epic item wipe, if half the epics weren't bugged then I'd have said no myself (despite not doing a single one so far). However, as new epics have to be done for Dome factions including rewards, they'd have to reset the epics to take those factions with no unique epic until now into account. But if they reset the epics and not the items, it means that city factions can reacquire second copies of their MOVEONs, the Resistor chips, etc - Gives city runners a hell of an advantage ;)

So I'm all for the epic item wipe - If all the problems are about losing acquired items, then the main thing to remember if that everyone will be in the same boat. CAs, TGs, MBs, all the runners will be without epic items.

I'll admit it - I'd hate to be one of those who spent hours, missions and hundred thousands of credits switching each faction to get their epic items. However, it'll mean that the fabled title of "Faction Paladin" will be more rewarding :D

ezza
26-08-04, 12:25
City Mercs - Cooped up in their Military Base, they may end up being like the Swiss a bunch of pussies who cant decide whos side to go on?

Clownst0pper
26-08-04, 12:26
We still on this thread? 8| :rolleyes:

Jonax
26-08-04, 12:30
a bunch of pussies who cant decide whos side to go on?

:lol:

I'm not saying a word... ;)

ROZZER187
26-08-04, 12:39
Question. If every runner in the game world is BT or PP, how are we gonna get our epic kills? :D

took the words outta my mouth

dem0n
26-08-04, 13:26

I agree, epic items should be faction specific, but the problem would be balancing them. For instance, what would you give to a tsunami runner who's faction deals in entertainment, prostitution, drugs and realestate? A flat? A hooker entity in his appartment, a blueprint of a cool drug? That can't be compared with a BT or PP chip? Or NeXT, when basicly you can only drive your VHC in the wastelands, but what about caves, leveling and such... it just can't be compared to moveon and resistor. I'd go for faction specific, but that would just mean there would be a lot of bitching around, since atleast 3 factions would have useless epic items.

One thing I'd like to see is that the LE runners would be able to finish the epic runs, although at certin moments it could seem paradoxal, since LE runners aren't meant to kill other human\citizen entities, while we know many NPCs take the form of a faction employee or a NC\DOY citizen for the least.

In any case I think we'll see a lot of faction jumping after NC2:BDoY retail servers start running.

Jonax
26-08-04, 14:00
For instance, what would you give to a tsunami runner who's faction deals in entertainment, prostitution, drugs and realestate? A flat? A hooker entity in his appartment, a blueprint of a cool drug? That can't be compared with a BT or PP chip?

A chip that gives orgasms on demand? :D

Massacre**
26-08-04, 16:37
a bunch of pussies who cant decide whos side to go on?

Us phoenix mercs aint no pussies :P ;)

Massacre**
26-08-04, 16:39
if this was posted in the german forum (in german) kk would probs take more notice

yeah strange that isnt it o_O

Spikadelia
26-08-04, 18:35
No. Allow players to keep epic items. The 10 item choice is stiff enough.There has to be something that vets from NC1 can keep as evidence of the amount of time and loyalty they've shown this game. I think allowing that and even a skill point re-set would be a good idea.

Massacre**
26-08-04, 22:14
i've only just realised that theres no new weapons and no new mobs (other than this hack net or whatever) is there gonna be alot if any new weapons and mobs cus otherwise what a shit "add on"

Endar
26-08-04, 22:24
I would love to see all those morons hopping from faction to faction only to find that theyr ubah epic items exist nomore in NC2. I will have such a good time in NC2...

Massacre**
26-08-04, 23:09
aww someone a little nib APU or PPU that dont really need a Moveon or proto... How we meant to switch factions to do this epic? eh eh EH!

solling
27-08-04, 01:53
i've only just realised that theres no new weapons and no new mobs (other than this hack net or whatever) is there gonna be alot if any new weapons and mobs cus otherwise what a shit "add on

since when are there no new wepaons and no new mobs ?

i read the info on the official site and supposed to be a lot of new mobs and new items

Ransom
27-08-04, 02:37
Instead of just saying "no I don't want it like that" like a sulking child, have any of you nay sayers thought of a way to prevent the epic wipe?

I was wondering if the cause of not being able to transfer keys would be because they could not transfer the current vehicle/apartment database, and therefor all keys with their unique IDs would be linked to a dead links in a database. Could it be possible that maybe a day or two before the item transfer all epic keys/vehicles/apartments were deleted and replaced with unactivated keys. These keys you should be able to transfer to NC2 as they would have not got a unique identifier yet. Should a player activate them between then and the character backup, well then they would lose them.

Maybe that isn't the reason for the wipe, perhaps keys will be implemented in a totally new way in NC2, it was just a sugestion as to how all epics could be kept, and I do not know if it is at all possible.

Personally I will probably enjoy doing those epics again, or just wait to buy them off of someone, as they become more widely available. I am going to enjoy the expanded storyline from both sides of the desert, the way I am sure it is intended.

Ransom