PDA

View Full Version : 1 character server ? i dont get it

Ryman
17-08-04, 16:20
I hear a fair few people complaining about not having a 1 character slot international server at NC2 launch . but theres something i dont get ?

I played on pluto and capped a character and got bored, ok here is the bit i dont get :

1: people are complaining that there no 1 char server , but not hardly anyone plays on the one we have now , there are far more people playing on the 4 character servers .

2: almost everyone i know on pluto or have talked to has multiple accounts , giving them mutiple characters on that server which defeats the object and point of having a 1 character slot server in the first place .

and remmeber we are talking about international servers so dont bother complaining that jupiter is more populated , and i can understand why kk doesnt want to waste money on a 1 character slot server ........

let the flames begin lol

tomparadox
17-08-04, 16:23
ok, im lost now... is it going to be a 4 char eng server or a 1 char eng erver when NC2 starts?

solling
17-08-04, 16:29
gonna try not to flame :P

i think its a matter of preferance

when i think one slot i think pluto it had the most players on it for quite some time and it was uba fun most fun i ever had in this game

when i think 4 char server i think saturn
no where is safe, everyone had a pp char that goes around pking, even if u see an allied faction somewhere there is a 50/50 % chance he will shoot u anyways its just plain stupid also peops there are in general bigger assholes
SPAMS ON TRADE etc etc etc in my eyes not a place i would play
im afraid if i played on a 4 char server it would become saturn and then id rather not play

i KNOW this is prolly get blabla saturn is good etc but this is in my point of view
i also know at the beginning of the game saturn was prolly more fun much liek pluto but peops got bored and then it turned into anachy

So basicly i was a 1 char server cuz the better attitude and the feel of it also i have 2 chars

blah so much for the not flaming part sorry :D

Agent L
17-08-04, 16:39
Number of slots is just a way to distinguish pluto community from saturn community. Those communities don't like each other and 1slotters being forced to play on 4slotter looks like KK favors saturnians. That's all.

ezza
17-08-04, 16:45
when i think 4 char server i think saturn
no where is safe, everyone had a pp char that goes around pking, even if u see an allied faction somewhere there is a 50/50 % chance he will shoot u anyways its just plain stupid also peops there are in general bigger assholes
SPAMS ON TRADE etc etc etc in my eyes not a place i would play
im afraid if i played on a 4 char server it would become saturn and then id rather not play

well im not so sure about the PP thing, ive never seen PP pking beyond one PP clan that used to do that but thats not to say it dont happen, however i dont think its wide scale, thou with having 4 chars proberbly a lot of people are epic runnings, there char is in proto, they see a faction that they normally see as enemy so shoot, im sure in that respect it would be the same on any server.

allied faction shootings, well yes a lot of this does happen, in crahn there are a bit of fighting between my clan and another tho there is reasons behind that.

same with BD killing Crahn, however someone who wasnt in the know could just mistake this as simple ganking, again thats not to say such a thing doesnt exist.
i mean i generally have NP with BD and they have np with me, yet some BD idiot though he could take me on with his pea shooter(libby).

yes lot of spamming on trade, however you gotta realise, a lot of it is done by plutonions playing on saturn as much as saturn natives.

and having played on pluto i saw a lot of spammage, thats just how it gets with lots of people.

a number of the asshats on saturn are pluto regulars, yet maybe go under a diffrent name, to the avarage person it appears saturn can be umm whatever it is you guys think saturn is :p

i just think if pluto was same population as saturn you would get the same thing as we do, just that the lower numbers result in less spammage.

i guess its also easier to ignore such things when its your own server, as it always happens so you dont think twice about it

Number of slots is just a way to distinguish pluto community from saturn community. Those communities don't like each other and 1slotters being forced to play on 4slotter looks like KK favors saturnians. That's all.
Kk certainly dont appear to favour KK, more likely to get events on pluto than saturn.
and plutos where all the Gms hang out it seems as well..meh just the way it appears

Agent L
17-08-04, 16:47
i guess its also easier to ignore such things when its your own server, as it always happens so you dont think twice about it
Hehe, when your friends are spamming you're not saying "STFU spamm0rz", you say "hi, whassup" : D

Kk certainly dont appear to favour KK(saturnians?), more likely to get events on pluto than saturn.
and plutos where all the Gms hang out it seems as well..meh just the way it appears
No no, I haven't said that kk IS favouring sat, I said that this single fact looks like that.
Everybody thinks like:
1slot ger - it's neojupi
4 slot int - it's neosaturn
??OMFG, there is no neopluto!!
saturnians won, but we will be back !

I meant I don't feel NC2 like we all will be playing on one new server.
I feel it as I'll be forced to move to saturn as my home pluto will be deleted.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 18:05
and having played on pluto i saw a lot of spammage, thats just how it gets with lots of people.

a number of the asshats on saturn are pluto regulars, yet maybe go under a diffrent name, to the avarage person it appears saturn can be umm whatever it is you guys think saturn is :p

i just think if pluto was same population as saturn you would get the same thing as we do, just that the lower numbers result in less spammage.

You are so right.

Praetorian
17-08-04, 18:11
I hear a fair few people complaining about not having a 1 character slot international server at NC2 launch . but theres something i dont get ?

I played on pluto and capped a character and got bored, ok here is the bit i dont get :

1: people are complaining that there no 1 char server , but not hardly anyone plays on the one we have now , there are far more people playing on the 4 character servers .

2: almost everyone i know on pluto or have talked to has multiple accounts , giving them mutiple characters on that server which defeats the object and point of having a 1 character slot server in the first place .

and remmeber we are talking about international servers so dont bother complaining that jupiter is more populated , and i can understand why kk doesnt want to waste money on a 1 character slot server ........

let the flames begin lol

Easy to answer:

If you'd been there from the birth of pluto it had the same amount of players as the other (4 slot) international servers... General stagnation made people move servers... (plus OP wars being pointless because of certain clans). Right now you cannot take the current population as guideline for anything about a 1 slot international server.

I admit many on pluto has alts anyway, but again thats the boredom/stagnation issue, but having 1 slot generally make people think more about their behaviour, and thats what i like. You make a name for yourself, and you will be remembered by that name for a long time whatever you do. Be it good or bad.

I want a 1 slot international server.

Birkoff
17-08-04, 18:24
If you have multipe accounts playing on pluto you care about your characters, you have put that bit moreeffort in and won't be some 1337 PK0r of everyone on your second account as its not just a character you get for free and don't care you can reroll it if it getsto bad.

People on pluto put more into the game TBH. I'd play a 2 slot server if tehre was 1, sucks there isn't.

AND BTW is there any word on debit cards yet?

ezza
17-08-04, 18:26
If you have multipe accounts playing on pluto you care about your characters, you have put that bit moreeffort in and won't be some 1337 PK0r of everyone on your second account as its not just a character you get for free and don't care you can reroll it if it getsto bad.

People on pluto put more into the game TBH. I'd play a 2 slot server if tehre was 1, sucks there isn't.

AND BTW is there any word on debit cards yet?
very few people on saturn have a secret l33t pk char, as pretty much even alts are known to the general populus.

??OMFG, there is no neopluto!! well if i was KK, i wouldnt of released a 1 slot server after watching it decline so much compared to the 4 slotters(ya i know that a number of 1 slotters wentto 4 slot)why make a server for such a small portion of the people, aint saying its right or wrong, but from a business viewpoint wouldnt make sence imo

Birkoff
17-08-04, 18:34
1 slot server makes KK more money even if the population is 1/3 of that on a multi as most ppl have 2 accounts and a few ppl i know have 4+

ezza
17-08-04, 18:36
1 slot server makes KK more money even if the population is 1/3 of that on a multi as most ppl have 2 accounts and a few ppl i know have 4+
i play 4 char server i have 3 accounts and i know a number of others who have multi accounts also.

umm doesnt having more accounts on a single char server go against the ethos of it being a single char server :confused:

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 18:38
umm doesnt having more accounts on a single char server go against the ethos of it being a single char server :confused:

Exactly. Which is why I won't go there. I like the idea of 1 slot server. But most people don't actually play it that way. So there's no point.

evs
17-08-04, 18:38
Not sure why I have to jusitfy my server choice to anyone.

ezza
17-08-04, 18:47
Not sure why I have to jusitfy my server choice to anyone.
you dont have to, its just nice to know ;)

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 18:57
I thought most people were pissed that they would end up with say 4 accounts giving them 4 characters on the new 4 slot server whereas someone from Saturn or Uranus would in the same situation have 4 chars with their 1 account.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Must admit I am not looking forward to having to play with Saturn players. I left their ages ago for very good reasons.

MasTequila
17-08-04, 19:06
I joined Pluto just after retail began and if I remember correctly I think it had a larger population back then than saturn. However population is irrelevant to this discussion.

The idea behind a 1 slot server vs. a 4 slot is that in a 4 slot you have the ability to have a tradeskiller, a pker/fighter, a driver, and another character or you can have 4 pkers or whatever. The point is that it is easier to be a self sufficent player if you have 4 characters. It becomes much harder when not only are you forced to choose one of these in a 1 slot server you have to make friends in the community that will help you with the things you cannot do on your own.

A good example of differences is in a pk situation, in pluto if you are a low spy just making it along killing wolves and dragonflies you need to run when a capped tank with a ppu attached comes after you. On saturn you just log out and get your own ppu or your own tank and go teach them a lesson. Anyway point being you become much more invloved with your character on pluto because you can't have him fall back on your other 3.

I think a 2 slot server is a good idea to play around with as it makes the player be more involved with their 2 chacters while giving the freedom that multiple characters gets a player.

~MasTequila

solling
17-08-04, 19:15
on a 4 char server manyhave a couple of tradeskillers and u become totally independant
peops get rich fast cuz everyone can make and reseach their own stuff

and op wars when peops die they log on an alt ALWAYS and its muliple alts

i know u will say its the same on pluto but i have been in op fight on both servers and its a lot worse on sat

Sorontar
17-08-04, 19:16
I know I prefer the one slot option but have to admit that a second account was a must. Not for my first characters benefit but for the benefit of the clan I was in.

I wouldn't be suprised if that was the driving force of a lot of multi account holders on Pluto either.

Come NC2 I may wind one of those accounts up.

ezza
17-08-04, 19:27
on a 4 char server manyhave a couple of tradeskillers and u become totally independant
peops get rich fast cuz everyone can make and reseach their own stuff

and op wars when peops die they log on an alt ALWAYS and its muliple alts

i know u will say its the same on pluto but i have been in op fight on both servers and its a lot worse on satyar i will agree in this point, personally i only op war with my tank and no other.

however at one op fight back when i was cartel, we were fighting CM(cant remember op- that laggy one up near chester, seiger?)
anyway, we kill a load of them, umm then a load more, then we start getting beaten back, before you realise they have logged all 4 of there alts in to fight you.

that kinda thing does suck, and before a merc bites back, yes cartel did it as well so i know its kinda hypocritical clan wise, however its to illustrate a point

solling
17-08-04, 19:32
u know my DS is at 56/79 or sum liek that why u ask ?

cuz when i die i have 2 choices

1 lay there and see the fight untill u get ress or its over( when i see there is a chance to ress i do this )

2 grep out and reenter the fight as soon as u can

What can i say im an impatient guy :p

Ryman
17-08-04, 21:28
Easy to answer:

If you'd been there from the birth of pluto it had the same amount of players as the other (4 slot) international servers....

Dude give me some credit , this forum acount may say FEB 2004 , but this is a second forum acount(other got fucked up)
I been around since beta and played pluto from retail , Im only saying it how i see it .

Agent L
17-08-04, 21:46
I think that low pop on pluto is an temporary state.
Most ppl do care about their only char, so if they're bored, they won't reroll, instead they'll start anew on another server. On 4slotter one can usually choose worst char and reroll it.
As ViaRosso event shown, there are many ppl just waiting to log pluto if there is smth interesting going on.
So, in my opinion paradoxally removing 1slotter is removing thing ppl care about most.

Praetorian
17-08-04, 21:48
Dude give me some credit , this forum acount may say FEB 2004 , but this is a second forum acount(other got fucked up)
I been around since beta and played pluto from retail , Im only saying it how i see it .

Ok mate, it just didnt sound like you knew it had the same population as the other servers... Credit given =)

Still makes me wonder why you ask if you where around back then... ;)

Ryman
17-08-04, 22:14
Still makes me wonder why you ask if you where around back then... ;)

I do understand what you mean , all servers were different back then :(
and i did enjoy my time on pluto , it just felt like as players capped the popullation declined , but i suppose that could be said of all servers .

I was talking more from a point of veiw of players playing now , to which there is almost no one left on pluto .

Anna
17-08-04, 22:34
A good example of differences is in a pk situation, in pluto if you are a low spy just making it along killing wolves and dragonflies you need to run when a capped tank with a ppu attached comes after you. On saturn you just log out and get your own ppu or your own tank and go teach them a lesson. Anyway point being you become much more invloved with your character on pluto because you can't have him fall back on your other 3.

the point is, on pluto that actually doesnt happen :p
noobies are usually left alone, even if theyre from a hostile clan
ppl on pluto dont have to pk every 0/2 to compensate for small penises
theyre left alone as it would damage once's reputation if they killed them
and ppl on pluto still care about their reputation, unlike most (= not all) multichar server ppl

therefor gimme a 1 slot nc2 server, we dont like lamers!
:D

[TgR]HusK
17-08-04, 22:53
I'd prefere it also, that pluto becomes a 2 slot nc2 international server... it's the perfect balance between the cons and pro's of a 4 slot server compared to a 1 slot server.