PDA

View Full Version : Should epic items only be usable by faction only?

The Ottoman
17-08-04, 15:51
Personaly I'm in favour of this. I'm quoting Selendor on this(hope you don't mind, Selendor :) )
KK might add some more resists to the CA armour tho.

I actually wish that, like the CA epic, all items are only usable by their faction only, it adds a sense of identity, plus l'm guessing the new epic items might be more useful than PP or Moveon anyways.

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 15:55
No.
Every combat spy, tank and most PEs would be stuck in BT or PP, every monk in crahn as soon as they get their glove.
And what about factions with a rather crap reward like DRE or Next? Theyd be dead in no time.

Eddie
I'm sorry... I vote no.

You'd see all monks in Crahn, all tanks in Photopharm or Biotech, etc. etc.

Much as I would like to see factions MEAN something... it just won't work with such useful epic items as it stands.

Eddie

Scikar
It would be great, but unfortunately, there's plenty of people like me who use either a Moveon or PPR in virtually every setup they make. If there was some way to maybe add multiple epic items or something to each faction to balance it out then I could see it possibly working.

Glok
Not sure really, it would make sense. But I don't like the idea. My HC PE would be fucked. Either speedgat or MOVEON, but without both, useless.

winnoc
17-08-04, 15:58
I would hate for my combat chars, but to be honest, it would be cool to have more specialization depending on faction.

For instance most drivers would be in next, cm would have the hc tanks, most monks would be crahn etc.......

it would however require carefull ballancing of the epic items and char types.

ezza
17-08-04, 16:02
no do you really want every monk in crahn and every tank in PP or Bio.

anyway maybe KK have other things for factions that will be faction only.

ive always been up for having rewards for staying as a faction and faction only items

however the epics are not them.

epics are just a run for players to do, keep em busy for a while and eventually (maybe) get a title for doing them all.

solling
17-08-04, 16:21
i voted yes

personelly i would still be TG with my Pe and my monk

i dont wanna be crahn and i dont wanan be bio tech/pp

this would make the cookie cutter setup with PP/Movon go away pretty much
there was such a think as good tanks before the epics and good everyones
its a small boost its not OMG I NEED IT
i do agree its very good to have but blah peops are so spoiled lol
this might even out pro and anti city lvls as well

so one fat big YES

Carinth
17-08-04, 19:28
Negative

Why should I be punished for staying Tsunami? As a monk the rifle prize for the Tsunami Epic is hardly worthwhile. My faction is saying it could care less wether I stay or go. Only Crahn would reward me, or maybe pp/bt like everyone else.

cRazy2003
17-08-04, 19:30
go go gadget worst idea EVAR :p

Massacre**
17-08-04, 19:31
stupidest idea yet lmao... no offence.

Celt
17-08-04, 19:32
I vote yes, death to the cookie cutters!.

I'd also like to see epic items re-boosted to what they originally were(PPR +40 resistance, move-on same as a marine, etc)

solling
17-08-04, 19:35
i owuld liek tho to be able to choose from 4 diff epic items for each faction

something for the monk the tank the pe and the spy

diff epics for each faction to so that a monk crahn epic item wont be the same as a tsunami monk epic item

but as usefull or almost as usefull

Dribble Joy
17-08-04, 19:36
Faction only items are great... if they don't affect PvP balance.
Epics do, so no, never.

Celt
17-08-04, 19:39
Faction only items are great... if they don't affect PvP balance.
Epics do, so no, never.Seriously, someone having a move-on in a tank over you using an AMC3 isnt that big a deal.

..i..DemonX
17-08-04, 19:43
No.
Every combat spy, tank and most PEs would be stuck in BT or PP, every monk in crahn as soon as they get their glove.
And what about factions with a rather crap reward like DRE or Next? Theyd be dead in no time.

I totaly agree to that, Crahn will be the overpowerd Fraction then at all.
Imagine a Fraction with only monks?! Who will beat them?
As well it would weaken PE's even more, Tank way to much and as well combat spys would be out of use then!

Jest
17-08-04, 19:50
I vote a big hearty yes as long as several epic items were added that made each class worth while as Carinth said. I HATE needing a chip to be viable in combat. Id rather just start Black Dragon and stay Black Dragon. Id hate to tell new players, "Ok now that youve leveled, you need to move to PP and BT to do the epics to remain competitive."