PDA

View Full Version : Pluto players I have an idea!

Drake6k
17-08-04, 15:31
Why dont all the Pluto players just go to the german single character? If kk had 3 servers...

1 char international
4 char international
4 char german

Wouldnt that be just perfect? It's just a name why cant we all just play on the german server? I think it would be fun mixing us all together and the population would be great.

Glok
17-08-04, 15:34
I kinda figured that was what was going to happen anyways. ;)

Myself, I'm going to unite my Pluto monk with my Saturn chars on the international server.

Drake6k
17-08-04, 15:36
I kinda figured that was what was going to happen anyways.

If that was "going to happen" all the Pluto clans/players would need to agree and start telling everyone.

SyncError
17-08-04, 15:44
I only want to merge under one situation:

1.) They merge EVERY server for DoY. [ edited ]

garyu69
17-08-04, 15:47
I'll wait for the 1 slot International that comes.

Mumblyfish
17-08-04, 16:05
I'll wait for the 1 slot International that comes.
AYOOBLYOO!!!

Same here. Just going to leave my character on the backup-server-of-DOOOOOM until that comes around :)

Agent L
17-08-04, 16:10
Well, the english community taking over german1char is a some kind of solution...

Mumblyfish
17-08-04, 16:14
Well, the english community taking over german1char is a some kind of solution...
Not really. That's just outright arse-flaggish.

Glok
17-08-04, 16:16
Not really. That's just outright arse-flaggish.Why? If you mean going where we don't belong, just look at saturn and uranus on trade for a bit o' german. If you mean it's a stupid solution to a real problem... well I dunno.

solling
17-08-04, 16:17
i think most is gonna wait for the 1 or 2 slot international that comes soon (i hope) after doy i know i prolly will

Jest
17-08-04, 16:33
Yah Ill probably just end up waiting for the *coughs* 2 slot international server.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 18:18
1.) They merge EVERY server for DoY. [ edited ]

8|

Did you just say you are in the beta?

I hope KK doesn't open up 2 many servers. I want the servers to have as many people as it can handle. If it's 500, fine. If it's 1000, fine. If it can handle 2000 then that's good. But I don't want them to open up 80 servers and stretch the population out so much.

Also if there's a 1 slot internation server, i'm not going there. I see no point in doing that.

Mumblyfish
17-08-04, 18:21
8|

Did you just say you are in the beta?
Haha! Yes, yes he did :lol:

The big silly bear!

What I meant by my previous comment was that invading another language server is just... well, it's being a total bastard. It's unfair on the players there (some of which probably play on that server because they can't speak English), and I know I get really pissed off when I play Pluto and see people speaking a language I can't even identify.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 18:22
Good point Mumbly. Maybe make a poll in the german forum saying "Mind if we come over?". :p

Birkoff
17-08-04, 18:39
Yes I'm taking 1 of my chars to the german single slot as having no single international is gay. Maybe I'll learn some of the koff languagem no doubt it will be a bannable offence to talk english on them :)

OT: Why are people so anxious to get peopel out of Beta :/
You will get your turn in open (no im not in it)

Disturbed021
17-08-04, 18:41
I hope KK doesn't open up 2 many servers. I want the servers to have as many people as it can handle. If it's 500, fine. If it's 1000, fine. If it can handle 2000 then that's good. But I don't want them to open up 80 servers and stretch the population out so much.

Also if there's a 1 slot internation server, i'm not going there. I see no point in doing that.
I agree 100%

I am tired of playing on a dead server.
I am tired of paying for an extra account for a tradeskiller on a dead server.
I am tired of paying for another extra account for another tradeskiller on a dead server.

Thats what it has been like for the last 8+ months for me on Pluto.

Sure Pluto as a 1 slot server worked for awhile, but then ppl cap their characters and become bored. Those that can afford another account do so, those that cannot move to a different server.
Sorry all you Plutonians but it just doesn't seem like it works very well as a 1 slotter imo.

With all the possibilities in NC2 (flying vhcs, hacknet, etc...) and the increase in $$/month there is no way I'm going back to a 1 slotter.
2 slots I can deal with.

But like SD said please do not open up too many servers. Let the server hold as many ppl as it can b4 even thinking about it.

Kenjuten
18-08-04, 21:32
One slot for Kenjuten, one for Kalima...sounds good. =)

Although this is saying I'm dumping all other classes besides Psi Monk (until I get some incentive to play more than just those 2 chars, lol)

Me wants 2 slot international server too! kthxbye.

-FN-
18-08-04, 21:37
Can I still vote for my idea (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=107168)?

Qty Slots Primary Language
1 4 German (NPCs have text auf Deutsch)
1 4 French (NPCs have text en Français)
1 4 English (NPCs have text in English)
1 4 Classic
1 2 International (For majority purposes, NPCs have English text)

Kenjuten
18-08-04, 22:12
I like it too, FN ^^ long as another server is added to the current KK list that's a non-4-slot international/english server I'm fine

The way things currently are, I have to devise some plans in order to get what I want done.

-=BlackBeard=-
18-08-04, 22:16
Why dont all the Pluto players just go to the german single character? If kk had 3 servers...

1 char international
4 char international
4 char german

Wouldnt that be just perfect? It's just a name why cant we all just play on the german server? I think it would be fun mixing us all together and the population would be great.

erm theres the slight handicap of me not speaking german

[TgR]KILLER
18-08-04, 22:24
aint gonna wait for shit lol.. leveling 2 new chars.. killer and 3 others will get their asses to the 4 slot int server @ launch.. KK said there might be more servers after there are alot of people on the other servers so its worth to make a new one.. just so they are sure you won't have what is now.. 100 people on every server that sucks..

anyway.. if they deside to make a 1 slot or 2 slot or whatever in feb 05.. your all fucked. cause you can only upgrade till jan 05.. i aint waiting for something that might never come or come in time.

Drake6k
18-08-04, 22:31
erm theres the slight handicap of me not speaking german

If the pluto community was there who cares. I think it would be fun playing Neocron with german and english players.

Mumblyfish
18-08-04, 22:34
If the pluto community was there who cares. I think it would be fun playing Neocron with german and english players.
I don't think so. German's the official language of the server, so I wouldn't really be able to ask people to speak English. That, and I know I wouldn't like my server invaded by people who insist we speak their language.

-=BlackBeard=-
18-08-04, 22:44

hmm i geuss i still would preffer to have my own server english preff with 1 or 2 slots

steweygrrr
18-08-04, 22:45

1 4 Classic

That would be good.

Praetorian
18-08-04, 22:59
[ edited ]

Shadow Dancer
18-08-04, 23:04
[ edited ]

Praetorian
18-08-04, 23:06
I agree 100%

I am tired of playing on a dead server.
I am tired of paying for an extra account for a tradeskiller on a dead server.
I am tired of paying for another extra account for another tradeskiller on a dead server.

Thats what it has been like for the last 8+ months for me on Pluto.

Sure Pluto as a 1 slot server worked for awhile, but then ppl cap their characters and become bored. Those that can afford another account do so, those that cannot move to a different server.
Sorry all you Plutonians but it just doesn't seem like it works very well as a 1 slotter imo.

With all the possibilities in NC2 (flying vhcs, hacknet, etc...) and the increase in $$/month there is no way I'm going back to a 1 slotter.
2 slots I can deal with.

But like SD said please do not open up too many servers. Let the server hold as many ppl as it can b4 even thinking about it.

Im tired of people moaning about pluto.
Im tired of people that cant understand simple logic.

Of course it will work, theres not just 1 reason for pluto losing some of its population like you say... General attrition, and that a clan messed up the whole OP war scene is closer to the truth...

To even think that opening a 2nd (we have 3 now) international server with a (re)launch of Neocron (2) would make the servers empty is just... meh... :rolleyes:

Praetorian
18-08-04, 23:07
[ edited ]

Shadow Dancer
18-08-04, 23:07
[ edited ]

Praetorian
18-08-04, 23:12
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Do i really have to dig up the last months worth of your [ edited ] posts crying about how pluto isnt working, its dead and "please dont make too many servers"... :rolleyes:

Get it straight that there is plenty of people wanting a 1 (or 2) slot server. If you dont personally like that, well then im sorry to tell you that noone really cares.

zii
18-08-04, 23:14
Personally I think that there should be two servers at the start:

1 slot international.
4 slot international.

(plus the French one because they're run by a different company AFAIK, so they can do what the fcuk they like ... sigh.)

I don't see why the game should be split by language. It adds spice and in-game miscommunication = more havoc and PKed runners. :) Great.

Shadow Dancer
18-08-04, 23:20
[ edited ]

Do i really have to dig up the last months worth of your [ edited ] posts crying about how pluto isnt working, its dead and "please dont make too many servers"... :rolleyes:

I've made like 3 posts about KK not making too many servers. I don't even remember making any posts about how pluto isn't working.

You don't have to dig up anything, [ edited ]

Get it straight that there is plenty of people wanting a 1 (or 2) slot server.

I want a 2 slot server myself. I just find it hilarious that there are people who pay for multiple accounts *cough* and "cry" about wanting a 1 slot server as well.

[ edited ]

kthx

Praetorian
18-08-04, 23:20
Personally I think that there should be two servers at the start:

1 slot international.
4 slot international.

Amen to that...

Praetorian
18-08-04, 23:30
[ edited ]

-

I've made like 3 posts about KK not making too many servers. I don't even remember making any posts about how pluto isn't working.

You don't have to dig up anything, [ edited ]
-

I want a 2 slot server myself. I just find it hilarious that there are people who pay for multiple accounts *cough* and "cry" about wanting a 1 slot server as well.

-

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

If you find it funny that some people would rather pay some extra money to have another kind of server, thats your right. It does seem stupid, especially to people with your attitude. I can live with a 2 slot server too, though... But I have no wish for a 4 slot 'carefree' enviroment...

[ edited ]

Of course this forum is for discussion. But the fact is your not discussing, your only giving out your point of view regarding the servers... [ edited ]

[ edited ]

-FN-
18-08-04, 23:38
*slowly backs out of forum before he gets hurt by flying objects*

Can't we all just get along?

@ zii:
Regarding why does language have to split us? It's because, and not trying to be nationalistic, but realistic, isn't English taught in most countries as a second language? So maybe we shouldn't have the barrier... but at the same time, not everyone can be expected to speak English, I suppose. Also KK/10T has only focused their advertising on the German Market atm, so that's where their effort seems to be going :(

Shadow Dancer
18-08-04, 23:39
[ edited ]

Praetorian
18-08-04, 23:53
[ edited ]

Ok, first off sorry to drake for hijacking this thread...

Second... I was not trying to bait you into a flamewar... [ edited ] My point was that you both where pretty far off as to the servers... How on earth can you even start to think that with Neocron 2, having 2 international servers would make them deserted? :wtf:

You will have the 3 current (international) servers PLUS the inactive just waiting for DoY PLUS the newcomers all pile into 1 server... yeah that would work? :wtf:

[ edited ]Well to be more precise i ment noone cared that you dont want to play on a 1 slot server. Go join the 4 slot then... But theres no reason to tell us about it is there... :)

I can handle a different viewpoint, but listening to the same droning is just annoying me too much... People want a 1 slot international server. The Germans gets one from the start, so should the international community. And im sure that wont mean the 4 slot will be deserted, nor the 1 slot (if we got one). Just read the amount of posts where people are even saying they would WAIT for the appearance of a 1 slot international server...

Im finished arguing with you SD, its a waste of time for us both, and we've been hijacking this thread long enough.

Peace. :)

Splaticus
19-08-04, 04:50
Several friends and I have already decided to send capped characters to the 1 slot German server. We will also send some capped characters to the 4 slot international, because our clan has voted to go to the 4 slot.

This is not a big decision for me as I already have a character on Jupiter, and I dont speak a word of German. In fact, we are of the opinion that we really dont want to talk to the Germans anyways, besides we are going there just to kill people, and we arent planning on talking to them even if they try to talk to us in English.

Drexel
19-08-04, 04:59
Ummm..

Are the NPC chats & item descriptions etc.. in German on a German server,

or

is it our local installation of the game that decides which language is shown ? :confused:

Splaticus
19-08-04, 05:02
When I play on Jupiter everything is in English as I have the English language client. I have run both regular missions, which are in English, and Epic missions, which are also in English.

PS - Drexel your name is familiar, did you play Asheron's Call?

Disturbed021
19-08-04, 06:51
How on earth can you even start to think that with Neocron 2, having 2 international servers would make them deserted? :wtf:
You are totally missing the point. Its not that 2 International servers would be bad its that 1 1 slot international server would be bad. A 1 slot International server has not worked so far, so common business sense for kk would be to not have one.

Earlier you said that some of the reasons that Pluto went downhill was due to attrition and 1 clan messing things up. Those things have happened on all servers and Pluto is the only one which has dropped to well below 100 ppl at peak times, while the remaining servers still post peak pops of 200+ for the most part. Attrition is going to happen with kk's lack of advertising.

What happens when the pop starts dropping on the 1 slot server and a person has a capped char? They either reroll, by a new account, quit or move to a 4 slot server where they can play around with different character types w/o buying an extra account or rerolling.

If they were to create another Pluto with 1 char slot, yes it would work.....for awhile, then the exact same reasons that it didn't work b4 will surface.

ichinin
19-08-04, 09:02
How about this idea:

1 char international server
4 char international server

= Screw the language based servers. Welcome to Europe.

Makes the game more bladerunner-ish, and saves money for Reakktor.

Praetorian
19-08-04, 11:48
You are totally missing the point. Its not that 2 International servers would be bad its that 1 1 slot international server would be bad. A 1 slot International server has not worked so far, so common business sense for kk would be to not have one.

If they were to create another Pluto with 1 char slot, yes it would work.....for awhile, then the exact same reasons that it didn't work b4 will surface.

It works on Jupiter. 1 slot server.

With the attrition going on, it had to be 1 server that was the 'unlucky' one. It just so happened that this clan messed it up at the 'wrong' time, so it ended up being pluto that lost a good portion of people.

And in a business sense, well, for some reason i think theres just as many paying accounts on pluto as there is on uranus. ;)

..i..DemonX
19-08-04, 15:34

1 4 Classic

The NPC's that are from Game itself are have text in the speak of the Game u buy. For me all NPC's on Pluto talk German.

..i..DemonX
19-08-04, 15:41
Im tired of people moaning about pluto.
Im tired of people that cant understand simple logic.

Of course it will work, theres not just 1 reason for pluto losing some of its population like you say... General attrition, and that a clan messed up the whole OP war scene is closer to the truth...

To even think that opening a 2nd (we have 3 now) international server with a (re)launch of Neocron (2) would make the servers empty is just... meh... :rolleyes:

Lol u make 1 Clan!? the reason Pluto died? :lol: Cant even belive it, did u ever looked on Jupiter be4 FAnG left? I think they beat the hell out of any enemie they was have and those clans that was hold OP's as enemie of TG there only did cuz FAnG was whant them to do so.
And know the special thing about? NOBODY was so freaking cry about it! They tried to beat them day after day they may lost day after day but they continue. Cuz those who fight can loose, those who not fight already lost.
So stop moan about that there is 1 Clan that does anything, moan about those that not even try to do something against it!

Praetorian
19-08-04, 16:11
Lol u make 1 Clan!? the reason Pluto died? :lol: Cant even belive it, did u ever looked on Jupiter be4 FAnG left? I think they beat the hell out of any enemie they was have and those clans that was hold OP's as enemie of TG there only did cuz FAnG was whant them to do so.
And know the special thing about? NOBODY was so freaking cry about it! They tried to beat them day after day they may lost day after day but they continue. Cuz those who fight can loose, those who not fight already lost.
So stop moan about that there is 1 Clan that does anything, moan about those that not even try to do something against it!

Where you even on pluto when it happened? I cant think so with that reply...

It had to do with something other than skill, which you would have known if you had been there...