PDA

View Full Version : Nc no work on Win Xp limited account .. ?

lordofkhaoz
17-08-04, 06:21
... uh did i not do somethin right during installation ? is there something i need to do ? some help plzz

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 06:24
Uh maybe you did something wrong when you installed it! Maybe theres something you got to do! I cant help!

Seven
17-08-04, 06:29
Need LOTS more info. :wtf:

lordofkhaoz
17-08-04, 06:32
not sure how much and wat info needed .. but i open the launcher click start game and i get this message

client.exe has encounterd a blahblah and needs to close

it works fine on the admin account.. i cant even get steam to work either actually ..

Seven
17-08-04, 06:42
Well then log in as admin.
Maybe it's a firewall issue?
Norton Internet Security does this also.

Here's something from another thread.

here is what i did..
open the neocron INI and put in the next line.
LOCALPORT = "00090"

it worked for me.

btw.. the 00090 can be any port you would like.
but dont take ports that are being used by other prog's

good luck

Hippieman
17-08-04, 06:44
Just curious, why can't you use the administrator account?

lordofkhaoz
17-08-04, 06:45
which .ini file am i opening and adding too ? and the port 0090 .. i can use any number >?

why im not admin ? cuz this isnt my computer

Hippieman
17-08-04, 06:46
One he is referring to is the neocron.ini in the main Neocron folder.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant just a plain old cfg file called Neocron in the main Neocron folder

lordofkhaoz
17-08-04, 06:50
tryed adding the localport.. says i need administative access to edit .. blaah

ino
17-08-04, 07:28
I'm not really that sure about this but I think it could be that your local user isnt allowed to open ports to play on beneath 10000, maby that thing in the ini is a workarround for that.

-FN-
17-08-04, 08:52
tryed adding the localport.. says i need administative access to edit .. blaah

Then I think that's your problem, not network ports. When Neocron tries to run it tries to read & write to files in the NC directory. If you installed everything as an Administrator - those files won't be writable by your regular user.

Either install it with the user you want to play it, or

Log in as Administrator and right click on your Neocron folder and add Full-Control rights to the user you want to use to play NC, or

Try adding the user you want to use to the group Power Users (right click My Computer > Manage > Users & Groups as Administrator)

Just some ideas...

MrTrip
17-08-04, 08:56
That sounds like the problem FN.

I had the same problem on a windows 2000 box. Just edit the permissions via the Administrator account and then log back into your limited. Everything should be peachy :)

Redburn
17-08-04, 11:18
Has to do with being able to write to the reg. ie: password & and the client accessing the reg..... Had the same problem at work (yes work, bored) until my admin account was pulled :mad:

Still had NC installed but was unable to run program because of that, even got in as admin moved NC to another folder and set that folder so I could do everything to it, still wouldn't run.

Gevrik Halfdead
17-08-04, 11:53
I assume you installed Neocron as Administrator, which means that only Admin can access some files in the installation folder.

You need to give your standard user account rights to read/write/change files in the Neocron installtion folder or some files cannot be written and you can't play. ;)

lordofkhaoz
17-08-04, 23:28
aha i c. well ill try it out tonight
thx for all the info

[TgR]KILLER
18-08-04, 00:15
also.. how much limit your account is ? a guest account gonna be fucked i gues.. but a normal power user should be working i gues..

i don't know always use admin account... on all 3 comps here in the house my login name is just admin to :p

administrator was way to much to type for me. and a dificult word ( blaim me for being dutch lol ) but got to use the administrator account on a company were i worked for 6 months to so had to type it alot :p