PDA

View Full Version : research tool tl150?

minsc
17-08-04, 06:20
how can people afford to buy it? its 788k!! i was going to buy it till i seen what it costs, so i can research some stuff of mine

Hippieman
17-08-04, 06:22
Err easy. Hunt mobs and sell loot.

minsc
17-08-04, 06:25
well i would but im a low level spy that sucks :lol: and i have tried but everytime i get 50k i need armor or weapons or medkits oh yeah ammo i hate ammo! :lol: i use to much ammo

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 06:28
Get a nice sniper rifle. Find a place where you can kill warbots.

Lots of money and stuff!

seraphian
17-08-04, 06:29
dude, recycle your ammo, saves you bunches of money...

also, if ressing was cheap, then the res-build-repeat cycle for infinite cash would be WAY to easy to do...

there are also cheaper places to get tools than crytons, try YOs, and there's a wasteland NPC out there too... actually a few of them.

minsc
17-08-04, 06:30
never thought of that, i got a good sniper rifle i just dont know a good place to hunt them at

Hippieman
17-08-04, 06:31
I say screw armor as a spy till you cap con. The armor will just make it so you take 2 direct sneezes to die instead of one.

minsc
17-08-04, 06:33
dude, recycle your ammo, saves you bunches of money...

good idea. Hippieman that armor thing is a good idea to

Chaos81
17-08-04, 06:33
Go to the YOs in plaza 2 near HEWs....it goes for about half price.

minsc
17-08-04, 06:35
i would go to yo's but i got 50k right now :lol:

System
17-08-04, 06:42
Listen, as a rifle spy. Go to J_02 with your Law Enforcer in. Hide behind hills far away from WarBots and kill them. Make sure you have atleast 50 points into hacking. Bring a hack tool and hack them. then advertise over Neocron_Trade channel that you want to sell Unressed Tech parts. You can sell them for a lot of money depending on what server you are playing on. If saturn you should get a 100k+ for each tech part. Or you can research them and feel lucky and sell part by part but its easier just selling Unressed parts.

Note: Use the house in j_02 for cover and to store ammo and such. If your too low to kill warbots at this moment. Then chill at the house in j_02 killing launchers and everything else that spawns at the house. Stand on the roof for cover or stand inside the house becuase they normally don't get into the house.

Good luck

minsc
17-08-04, 06:58
well i would go kill warbots and hack them, but i have no hacking im putting everything into research its almost 100 with 46 weapon lore :lol: sad i know.

NeoChick
17-08-04, 07:50
Get the barter skill or find somebody that has high barter skills. You would be surprised how much you can save. I have a high barter char on Saturn but am already packed up and ready for the big move, so I am too lazy to unpack and come barter for you.......but I am sure you'll find somebody
..... or see me in DOY, my barter char name is Tango

spongeb0b
17-08-04, 09:05
what server you on? I'm always willing to help out a new character if i can :angel: with money and kit... (infact I got a spare 150 tool on uranus if you're there?)

ichinin
17-08-04, 09:21
If you are a tank and have no hack skill, go for Decayed mobs; Note that Decayed Brutes run FAST (Get a hovertec), but Decayeds Horrors can be outrun by a tired sewer spider with heart problems. Just make sure your back is clear all the time so you dont back into a warbot..*Zaappp* "You are dead, Please select GR"

They usually drop techparts and lvl 3 implants, also some armor (medium belts etc) as a bonus

Sorontar
17-08-04, 09:27
F_08 is a pretty good spot as well as you can use the house there as a base and snipe the WBs and pull things back from around the zone.

Jonax
17-08-04, 11:26
how can people afford to buy it? its 788k!! i was going to buy it till i seen what it costs, so i can research some stuff of mine

A good researcher will be able to screw...er, charge the amount from their clients ;)

Carrying on buying the lower-TL tools up to about TL100, then start doing high TL research jobs like making Holy Shelters blueprint or researching Tech-Parts. Recently, a client asked me to do 100 Holy Shelter BPs and paid me 600k for the lot. Another client asked me for 200 Holy Shelter BPs and gave me 2.5 million, so it isn't that hard :D

Alternatively, there are other ways - e.g. Joining a clan and asking around the clan if they have a spare res tool, or like has been said just go out and hunt warbots etc :)

Spermy
17-08-04, 11:47
If you are a tank and have no hack skill, go for Decayed mobs; Note that Decayed Brutes run FAST (Get a hovertec), but Decayeds Horrors can be outrun by a tired sewer spider with heart problems. Just make sure your back is clear all the time so you dont back into a warbot..*Zaappp* "You are dead, Please select GR"

They usually drop techparts and lvl 3 implants, also some armor (medium belts etc) as a bonus

ZONES PLEASE! Me never finds them!

GurTjaN
17-08-04, 11:49
first go hack and hack a psi core of a guy in pepper park than sell it to him for 20 mill :)

Archeus
17-08-04, 12:38
Level 120+ barter will buy it for really cheap. If you buy it from OZ entrance YOS, it is even cheaper again.

[TgR]KILLER
17-08-04, 12:51
on both pluto and uranus i can spare ya cash for a tool.. with NC2 around the corner money aint worth shit ;)

Spermy
17-08-04, 13:35
KILLER']on both pluto and uranus i can spare ya cash for a tool.. with NC2 around the corner money aint worth shit ;)

Aye - gryphon, one of my chars just let loose with allsorts of useless crap... Lol, coulda sold it, but whats the point, if ppl can use it, let em.

Agent L
17-08-04, 13:48
788k!!
what? I thought i costs more like 1.5M. Or maybe its cst tool that expensive?...

Anyway, if you can't spend 800k right away you're prolly to low lvl for TL150 tool. Go for 90 or 75 one. (I disrecomend buiyng TL100 as it's only bit better than 90 and much more expensive).
Second thing, there is money wipe coming, comeon, you can beg 800k in less than hour...

minsc
17-08-04, 18:42
what server you on? I'm always willing to help out a new character if i can :angel: with money and kit... (infact I got a spare 150 tool on uranus if you're there?)

i play saturn and pluto need the tool on saturn

Anyway, if you can't spend 800k right away you're prolly to low lvl for TL150 tool.

you are right but im close i have almost 100 i think its like 94, just thought i would try and make the money before neocron2 cause who knows how much money i will start with then

Dirk_Gently
17-08-04, 19:00
never thought of that, i got a good sniper rifle i just dont know a good place to hunt them at

The building in F-08.

Agent L
17-08-04, 22:28
you are right but im close i have almost 100 i think its like 94

So TL75 tool is just enough for you, you can't really ress more than 90 anyway.
Start bothering about items over 90 when you'll be at 130.