PDA

View Full Version : [ot] Please

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 06:19
Guys.
Stop using "gay" as a bad word. This is gay and that is gay and your mom is gay and whatnot. Stop it.

Thank you.

Hippieman
17-08-04, 06:23
Hah! Good luck trying to make people stop. Wish people would stop using gay as a insult, how gay is that?

seraphian
17-08-04, 06:33
he's got a valid point... stop it

It's not even a good insult, honestly, and it doesn't matter if you can't get everyone to stop it, just because some people are being pricks doesn't mean everyone should be.

hell, personally I think people using the stronger slurs should get some quality time with abuse@, but that's just me.

Chaos81
17-08-04, 06:34
Just ignore them.

Hippieman
17-08-04, 06:42
And to think gay used to mean happy. I don't even see how gay is suppose to be a insult.

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 07:14
Don't get why a thread like that is closed.. totally gay.. its there to have fun.. 99% of forums users will have fun in it.
here we go.

Samhain
17-08-04, 07:19
Can we get rid of "tbh" an all those other trendy acronyms while were at it?

Oh, and softcap/reroll, those are annoying

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 07:37
Can we get rid of "tbh" an all those other trendy acronyms while were at it?

Oh, and softcap/reroll, those are annoying
Uhm, so "gay" is just some trendy acronym like "tbh"?

NeoChick
17-08-04, 07:43
I think the term is used here because the german expression in the same sense is 'geil' which literally actually means 'randy'.
So for some reason in the English here on Neocron it has been adopted into the word 'gay'.
I still think it is better to say gay than 'randy'. How would it sound if we said to somebody 'you are randy', instead of saying 'you are gay', that would open a hole new can of worms

But anybody who actually is gay, why would it be an insult?
If I am a tank and somebody calls me 'tank' should I be insulted?
I am a woman, so if somebody calls me 'woman' should I be insulted?
If I am a gay woman and somebody calls me a 'gay woman', why should I be insulted, it would be just calling a spade a spade

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 07:50
I think the term is used here because the german expression in the same sense is 'geil' which literally actually means 'randy'.
So for some reason in the English here on Neocron it has been adopted into the word 'gay'.
I still think it is better to say gay than 'randy'. How would it sound if we said to somebody 'you are randy', instead of saying 'you are gay', that would open a hole new can of worms

But anybody who actually is gay, why would it be an insult?
If I am a tank and somebody calls me 'tank' should I be insulted?
I am a woman, so if somebody calls me 'woman' should I be insulted?
If I am a gay woman and somebody calls me a 'gay woman', why should I be insulted, it would be just calling a spade a spade
Geil means horny. Thats got nothing to do with gay.

Oh damn. Was just trying to explain what exactly i mean but i completely forgot what i was gonna say.
Oh, i'm not gay. Just if anyone was curious. ;)

phunqe
17-08-04, 09:26
If I encounter people who are persistent in the usage of the word "gay" as a swearword, even after they have been told that it isn't even one and that it's certainly not a good one, I just ignore them.
Basically because I then see them as ignorant and stupid, which makes me ignore them even easier.
You are smarter than them, so why let them bother you? They are not going to stop anyway.
You = winnar, they = losers.

OT: Oh, and btw... http://www.geilusa.com/ :p

Richard Slade
17-08-04, 09:37
While we're at it, can't we get rid of half the english language , since it's used wrong anyways..
[/Sarcasm]

And c'mon, it's not like 'gay' is the only word...

fuck, pussy, wanker, asshole
and so and so, aren't really negative words either

Cerbious
17-08-04, 10:08
fuck, pussy, wanker, asshole
and so and so, aren't really negative words either

The meaning isnt negative but the words themselves are offensive.

cRazy2003
17-08-04, 13:38
ignore them and slap the foos
like mr.T off a-team

IM NOT GETTIN ON THE PLANE FOO
SLAP DA FOO IM NOT GETTIN IN THE PLANE
I DONT LIKE PEOPLE USIN GAY AS I INSULT, DONT DO IT OR I SLAP YOU FOO.

http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/courses/ci303fa01/students/mulford/Science/mr.t.jpg

ownage.

Spermy
17-08-04, 13:40
ignore them and slap the foos
like mr.T off a-team

IM NOT GETTIN ON THE PLANE FOO
SLAP DA FOO IM NOT GETTIN IN THE PLANE
I DONT LIKE PEOPLE USIN GAY AS I INSULT, DONT DO IT OR I SLAP YOU FOO.

http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/courses/ci303fa01/students/mulford/Science/mr.t.jpg

ownage.

I ain't gettin on no plane!

evs
17-08-04, 13:44
damn this thread is gay

hhrhrhrr :D