PDA

View Full Version : Whoops, i died!

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 05:37
Worst thing at the moment. We go into PP1. Kill some idiot who cant get out fast enough(bad luck aka guards). Chase everyone out for about 1 hour. That poor tank is still lying around. And then 2 ppus turn up. Go in. One is rezzing the poor tank, the other one is ppuing the rezzing ppu. What a fun. If i die in PP1, wow, bad luck. And i'll GR out.

PLEASE KK. MAKE PPL GR OUT INTO THEIR APTS AFTER 10 MINUTES! OR AT LEAST WHEN THEY LOG OUT!

Its just not fair.

I get my spy to TG. What takes me about 20 minutes. Then i kill some TGs. And they just log off. Cause once i'm dead, they can get a rezz. Fuck that.

HatchetRyda
17-08-04, 05:41
Worst thing at the moment. We go into PP1. Kill some idiot who cant get out fast enough(bad luck aka guards). Chase everyone out for about 1 hour. That poor tank is still lying around. And then 2 ppus turn up. Go in. One is rezzing the poor tank, the other one is ppuing the rezzing ppu. What a fun. If i die in PP1, wow, bad luck. And i'll GR out.

PLEASE KK. MAKE PPL GR OUT INTO THEIR APTS AFTER 10 MINUTES! OR AT LEAST WHEN THEY LOG OUT!

Its just not fair.

I get my spy to TG. What takes me about 20 minutes. Then i kill some TGs. And they just log off. Cause once i'm dead, they can get a rezz. Fuck that.

So, TheJester is an idiot now Kid.. You said you loved me :( Also, it was not a PPU, it was a Hybrid that rezzed me with 3 people on him..

Kid Kapow and TheJester are broke up! :P lol

gostly
17-08-04, 05:47
[ edited ]
Please strive to add something constructive to a post & not just troll

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 05:49
So, TheJester is an idiot now Kid.. You said you loved me :( Also, it was not a PPU, it was a Hybrid that rezzed me with 3 people on him..

Kid Kapow and TheJester are broke up! :P lolMan, as much as i love you. :)
That sucked. You were lying around for 15 minutes. Then that hybrid and that ppu came to rezz you.
That hybrid is a PPU on his own and you know that.

But anyway.

KK. As soon as someone logs off = GR to his apt.
As soon as somones lieing(hell, spelling? how fo you spell that?) around for more than 10 minutes = GR to his apt.

Seven
17-08-04, 06:35
KK. As soon as someone logs off = GR to his apt.

So if I'm fighting mobs in a place that took me 20 minutes to get to because of the fucking gen rep rules and log off for the night, I have to start in my appy the next time I log on? :wtf:

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 06:39
So if I'm fighting mobs in a place that took me 20 minutes to get to because of the fucking gen rep rules and log off for the night, I have to start in my appy the next time I log on? :wtf:
Yep.

Actually, thats another point. Mobs are way too easy. You shoulnbt be abled to just go there, kill stuff and go back home with some cool shit to show your friends.

System
17-08-04, 06:56
stop your whining

TheGreatMilenko
17-08-04, 06:57
stop your whining

nuff said

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 06:58
stop your whining...
damn i cant just post "..."

Seven
17-08-04, 07:10
Yep.

Actually, thats another point. Mobs are way too easy. You shoulnbt be abled to just go there, kill stuff and go back home with some cool shit to show your friends.

o_O are you smoking?

Hippieman
17-08-04, 07:10
Nah, they should be allowed to stay there as long as they want. Sometimes staring at the ceiling or the stars can be quite entertaining.

Mantiz
17-08-04, 07:47

Its just not fair.

Ok, then imagine doing the same thing with your suggestions... you are just about to enter TG and you crash! relog... but no.... you are in you APT!!!11

Cerbious
17-08-04, 10:00
Or his a few points...

Your low lvl in a low lvl group with a low lvl ppu.... u fighting say erm er Grim Chasers and got 3 of them (ok group high enough to just about cope) u get taken down... the ppu will rezz u but wants the team to clear the mobs safly before he starts so no one else dies.. The chasers spawn more and more, team end up hiding for 3 mins healing and re buffing, they carry on fighting. For this team it could take 20 mins or somthing to kill everything before they can rezz, BUT WAIT 10 mins up u get GR'd out, the GR's in area are closed and u got driven up there but the driver alive and still hunting, oh no thats ur fun over and u logg off.

Your in a OP fight u get taken down but you are the hacker, you know theres a strong chance your side will win the battle and you will need to be there to hack. You stay on the floor dead waiting for the fight to be over and a rezz to take place. OH WAIT 10 mins up fight went on to long. Your side does win the fight after 15-20 mins and start asking where you are... ofcoarse your now in plaza desperatly asking for pokes. Crap no pokers and all your clan pokes at OP defending it til u get there to hack the final barrier (enemy can still counter attack). Even if you do find pokes, the OP you just attacked was Eastgate factory and you are pro-city. You could GR to El Fraid village but still fucked for getting to the OP. TO LATE enemy counter attacks with more success OP fight lost due to a 10 min GR rule.

lol i could say many possible situations as im sure you all can think of aswell.

Fact is Kid m8 the idea would im afraid suck. BTW you say TheJester was dead for 15 mins? Man FFS thats like 15 whole mins of 'sex'ing him :P Also its part of the game to stop the rezz's doing there job man (ok sounds like u tried and failed, gl next time.) Even ffs dm me ill logg apu with holy antibuff... no ppu no rezz, good hey?

Ch1n Th3 M4g
17-08-04, 10:53
Andy
u think way 2 much in to these things m8 :p
good points though :)

LiL T
17-08-04, 11:15
I got to say the thing that annoys me the most is people who come back through the GR for me to kill them over and over so dumb

Spermy
17-08-04, 11:22

Yeah what's your point really? It's his own time he's wasting waitng for a rez.

Its just not fair.

Howcome? Take a ppu and get rezzed then. Same story on your side.

Well, as is there perogotive mate, tis lame, but after all, they aren't going to be stupid enough to let you just kill em over and over.

Lesson learned? Don't whine about PKing just cos they get rezzed? Y'know they are allowed to, and just cos you have no one left to kill isn't a big deal Yo, unless I'm missing summat. :)

Archeus
17-08-04, 12:35
I got to say the thing that annoys me the most is people who come back through the GR for me to kill them over and over so dumb

Its done to ruin your fun (after you did theres), and level themselves up.

Only dumb person is the one staying there wasting ammo and decaying their weapons.

LiL T
17-08-04, 13:21
Its done to ruin your fun (after you did theres), and level themselves up.

Only dumb person is the one staying there wasting ammo and decaying their weapons.

This is what pisses me off you don't seem to fucking understand O_o

for instance a CA tank lvl 50 plus I kill them cos there enemy then they come through the GR to be gr ganked that my friend is called dumb!

athon
17-08-04, 16:52
AFAIK there's no way for the game to tell whether you logged off, ALT-F4'd or crashed. So you're out fighting - you die, crash, and because of this new rule, get genrepped back to your apartment with no chance of a rez - even if a PPU was trying to rez you as soon as you died.

That's gonna go down well with the community - not.

Athon Solo

Mr Kot
17-08-04, 20:51
ooooooh dear, seems this old moan hasn't yet been laid to rest. I seem to remember another thread identical to this one only a couple of weeks ago. I have said it before, so i will say it again:

If the shoe were on the other foot, u would be complaining. Put your hand on your heart and swear on your [insert favourite relative]'s life that you have never benefitted from a rezz yourself. It is immaterial whether or not your death occurred as a result of PvP.

What really confuses me, though, is that you state that you killed some "idiot who cant get out fast enough" and "chase everyone out for about 1 hour", then complain about the ressurection of one of your victims. Well, what exactly was the benefit of your previous hour of gameplay? Do you enjoy playing to RP, to hunt, to tradeskill or to kill people? If as i suspect, it is the latter, then "Mission objective successful". "You lost a lot of sympathy with...." "DING!" "Your E-PENIS has now increased. New level is 100." In other words, you set out to kill a character you didn't like and you succeeded. So what business is it of yours what happens to their corpse post mortem? Whether they rep or a friendly ppu happens upon them is none of your concern.

Finally, here's another reason why your suggestion is so unsound: If u enjoy PvP and have your way, your lone victim would rep and spend the next 20 mins waiting on SI, finding a poker, getting poked, finding a repairer, getting armour repaired, rearranging all his stuff into all his slots again (god, i hate doing that) all before he could be in a position to fight back. 20 mins for a fight with the same guy again. As it stands, two ppus (or hybrid, whatever the hell they were) came on to the scene to rezz. Well, isn't that more people for you to fight sooner? More fun? Best of all.... more unpredictability?

That's what i love so much about this game and MMORPGs: Infinite variety. Playing with (and against) just one other player controlled avatar is much more fun that a thousand fixed AI mobs. If anyone wants such a tightly established "order of things" like "ppl and mobs must respawn after x minutes", then perhaps a 90s FPS like Quake or Heretic may be more your thing.

Pungent77
18-08-04, 07:02
Hehe....funny stuff, I was that ppu that was ppuing that hybrid :lol: "OMG get that ppu he is N**T" then I hear "PUNCH" then a "WHoooooSH" OH no!! someone resorted to guard punching cause they dont know how to kill a unskilled ppu like myslef :mad: I seem to encounter that alot, really sad. If 8 people struggle to kill a ppu rezzing....then you should rethink your tactics, well nevermind....that "feature" called GUARDPUNCH works good enough...not saying you were doin it, but some other asshole was

Well anyway, why have rezz ingame then? or howabout trying to defeat the PPU...instead of using a slasher, use a noob heal and a Executioner....hell you had some melee tanks there too, oh yeah...what about that clown with the spiritmod that was shooting? hmmm :lol:

Pungent77
20-08-04, 14:34
Hey Kid, I need a rezz at CRP :lol: hook me up