PDA

View Full Version : Level help for spy

minsc
17-08-04, 01:26
Ive been trying to level my char for a while now finally got my rank to 33/45
ive been fighting lancher cyclops but i havnt gained anything good off them for about a week, is there any other good places to level at, im useing rifles
thanks.

cRazy2003
17-08-04, 01:28
when you get to around rank 50 its better to start finding teams with PPU's and going caving, or to the graves, or to the doy tunnels, or you can solo doy bots at tescom or solo at el farid if your careful.

minsc
17-08-04, 01:30
hmm ok, ill try that thanks

im trying to level as fast as i can before Nc2 :lol:

Dont Mess
17-08-04, 01:51
swamp caves is easy and chaos caves is piss aswell

minsc
17-08-04, 02:38
swamp caves is easy and chaos caves is piss aswell

well ive been playing for about 2 months now, so i have no idea where these places are :lol:
which part of the map are they in??

boombang
17-08-04, 02:39
sounds to me like you needed a higher tl weapon.

I levelled my spy from rank 30 or so to 60+ in a few hours by using the right chips, getting a good ppu, and hitting the poison caves hard.
I also drugged (spent a mill or so) hard to get to a higher tl wep.

Remembering now that money is pretty worthless, you may as well do it.

cRazy2003
17-08-04, 02:39
well ive been playing for about 2 months now, so i have no idea where these places are :lol:
which part of the map are they in??

swamp caves are mainly around the places inbetween regents lagacy and tech haven, and chaos caves afaik are near TG hq.

Dont Mess
17-08-04, 02:42
wat faction are u and wat server u play on

Judge
17-08-04, 02:45
Thats if you've actually got a mil. :P

I know I never had anywhere near that amount of money when I was a leveling noob.

minsc
17-08-04, 02:46
sounds to me like you needed a higher tl weapon.

I levelled my spy from rank 30 or so to 60+ in a few hours by using the right chips, getting a good ppu, and hitting the poison caves hard.
I also drugged (spent a mill or so) hard to get to a higher tl wep.

Remembering now that money is pretty worthless, you may as well do it.

what kind os drugs did you use? ive only found the ones that give 5 extra dex
and the tl on my gun is 67 my dex is 68
and what kind of chips did you use?
and where are the poison caves?

Dont Mess
17-08-04, 02:46
wat server u play

minsc
17-08-04, 02:48

I know I never had anywhere near that amount of money when I was a leveling noob.

i have about 800k, had a mil then bought some junk :lol:

i play on pluto the dead server :D

boombang
17-08-04, 02:52

just ask people - these days handouts of a few mill is regular (maybe i just been lucky, what with being given 10 mill and all the rare rifles, most on 120 / 120's???)

best poison cave is near Gravis, West side.

I used moto 1 + 2, and ballistic wep (I think) 1 + 2, till i could use the 3's. Get dex booster spine and your away.

As for drugs, i mainly used one redflash, but if you NEED more, add a whiteflash also, and get + 9.

When i am training hard, I try to use a gun of at least 1 to 5 dex more than my actual dex, then drug using either red or whiteflash.

I would suggest you to be reaslly cheeky, stand in P2 and start asking people for stuff.

with the 10 item stuff, there is lots to be given away.

minsc
17-08-04, 03:04
Alright ill try that, ill have to see if i can get those chips
thanks

boombang
17-08-04, 03:07
if you are on Saturn, you can have some of my old chips - vehicle 2 and 3 I think - do same job but make you slower, but that doesn't matter cos you need PPU for any good training.

minsc
17-08-04, 03:11
I play on pluto bad choice id say :lol:

Judge
17-08-04, 03:12
I might try and get some handouts for my spy on pluto... she could do with some extra equipment....

boombang
17-08-04, 03:15
is it just Saturn where people have been freely handing out EVERYTHING bar the ten items they are taking already?

minsc
17-08-04, 03:16
I might try and get some handouts for my spy on pluto... she could do with some extra equipment....

heh i got some good rifles from some cool guy a few days ago said he didnt have room to take them with him :D

Roc-a-fella
17-08-04, 03:21
i like drones for leveling spy the best

minsc
17-08-04, 03:24
i like drones for leveling spy the best

to late ive been useing rifles for 2 months and im not lomming that takes way to long.

Roc-a-fella
17-08-04, 03:26
i was just saying.. you best bet with rifles would be with a PPU or sniping probobly

cRazy2003
17-08-04, 03:27
i was just saying.. you best bet with rifles would be with a PPU or sniping probobly

your sig, WAY to big

the shrunk midget guards = amusing :p

minsc
17-08-04, 03:28

i know but its taking way to long i only play the game for about an hour a day so it will take me awhile :lol:

boombang
17-08-04, 12:10
poison caves - get another pistol spy of similar or slightly higher rank, sort the imps and get some weps made up, PPU, and your away.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
17-08-04, 13:08
poison caves - get another pistol spy of similar or slightly higher rank, sort the imps and get some weps made up, PPU, and your away.

very true albobo
we lvled hard ya :p

blaczero
17-08-04, 13:29
if i were you i would try to get a hold of a commando sniper and take warbots...

you can snipe from a distance and not worry about taking damage.

boombang
17-08-04, 13:47
if i were you i would try to get a hold of a commando sniper and take warbots...

you can snipe from a distance and not worry about taking damage.

takes ages....

the BEST way is get PPU and go to poison caves.

greendonkeyuk
17-08-04, 14:02
nah solo poison caves, if you got a ppu go to chaos caves. other than that solo (easier) is warbots at your level then doy bots as soon as you get the pa.

minsc
17-08-04, 19:49
nah solo poison caves, if you got a ppu go to chaos caves. other than that solo (easier) is warbots at your level then doy bots as soon as you get the pa.

where are the doy bots?

boombang
17-08-04, 21:48
go to the North East side of the map - where it says Dome Of York.

When you die without any idea whats happened you'll have found them.

Nanook
17-08-04, 21:53
where are the doy bots?

One good place is K_10, the El Farid oasis. There's a house that has a goguardian and provides good cover. Stealth recommended when you zone there :lol:

minsc
17-08-04, 22:59
go to the North East side of the map - where it says Dome Of York.

When you die without any idea whats happened you'll have found them.
hehe ill try that, but i hate dieing :lol: