PDA

View Full Version : Memories

dark_reaper
16-08-04, 18:49
Remember the days when EON and Molavent Crackheads rulled the OZ and PP. Remeber when loms actually worth buying in masses and get done in min. Post your memories you had in NC back in the day.

mehirc
16-08-04, 19:00
And when they lost their multislotted rares all the time? :lol:

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 19:03
I remember the first time I got firebeam for my monk. It was the highest TL(and most expensive) spell that can be store-bought. Because of that I assumed it would do good damage to other players, I remember thinking "wtf" when I hit other players for like 5 damage while they were able to kill me in 1 hit.

I remember my clan mate telling me I needed a holy lightning to compete in pvp. My response? "WTF I doubt this game would FORCE you to use a rare to even compete in pvp". :lol: :lol: :lol:

solling
16-08-04, 19:05
i remeber one time when EON raided cycrow (was a big lvling groupnd back then farming grims) this was when i had first discovered parashock bolt
i was a pe liek lvl 40 or so and used a plasma rifle
so they came 3 tanks with CSes i use my parashock bolt from afar (had uba range back then) and froze all 3 tanks and began to shoot em did good damage to since no one back there had good resist then one of the eon guys pulled out a laser cnanon and totally whiped the floor with me

godamn that was fun

athon
16-08-04, 19:05
When PE's were really good - it was before they nerfed themselves with stealth. Game mechanics wise they're exactly the same now as they were. It's just the players behind the keyboards used stealth too much they got permanent skill loss =D

Athon Solo

retr0n
16-08-04, 19:08
I remember pumping loads of skillpoints into resist psi on my monk thinking
that I would be fucking leet.

james_finn
16-08-04, 19:11
I remember the days on pluto where there were enough people to fill plaza 1 most of the time, and you didnt need to advertise that you were a researcher, poeple would come into local and shout need a resser. Where you would have a queue of people needing you, and you could get rich fast! And I remember the insta loms, need a hacker, lom to hack :D Instant hacker!

Delphi

Carinth
16-08-04, 19:12
I remember duckin into pepper park and exchanging a few blows with some crackheads, then headin for the exit... only to see PCP the infamous pistol tank crouching in the exit and actualy blocking it. I couldn't get around him! His lib turned me into swiss cheese rather quickly.

Another fun memory was fighting CD, we would take one of their ops and MegaMan would yell on ooc "Hey, whoever is at Emmerson, stay THERE! We ARE COMING!"

Jest
16-08-04, 19:15
When PE's were really good - it was before they nerfed themselves with stealth. Game mechanics wise they're exactly the same now as they were. It's just the players behind the keyboards used stealth too much they got permanent skill loss =D

Athon SoloOh good heavens, I remember once being in a group of 8 people that lost to two Liberator PEs. This was before the speed cap as well so we didnt even have a chance of targeting them. :p We might as well have just stood there and died.

I remember the days on pluto where there were enough people to fill plaza 1 most of the time, and you didnt need to advertise that you were a researcher, poeple would come into local and shout need a resser. Where you would have a queue of people needing you, and you could get rich fast! And I remember the insta loms, need a hacker, lom to hack :D Instant hacker!

DelphiYah back when people actually got pissed at each other for competing.
Poker1 - "Poking all tech levels"
Poker2 - "Poking all tech levels"
Poker1 - "I was here first bitch go some where else."

:eek:

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 19:23
How fast did people move before the speed cap?

Dirk_Gently
16-08-04, 19:27
It's just the players behind the keyboards used stealth too much they got permanent skill loss

I very rarely used stealth on my PE and I am still crap.

So :p

THE_TICK!!!!
16-08-04, 19:28
hehe i member when about four of us decided to rerole a couple chars and went to swamp caves thinkin we would OWN lol......we didn't.

Scikar
16-08-04, 19:53
Depends on what skills they used. If I remember right, endurance actually gave you a speed boost. I know Starkes could really shift along the MB cliff. :p

mehirc
16-08-04, 19:58
And i remember how perfect it was beeing Hybrid before #195 when everybody already thought Hybrid is dead...Sure a lot of people think that Hybrid is valid now...if they would know. :(

Jest
16-08-04, 21:16
How fast did people move before the speed cap?Really really really freaking fast. I was on 56k back then and they would literally hop around on the screen so it looked like they were warping.

Kaden
16-08-04, 21:19
I remember being able to punch someone (alt + H) for around 398593159 damage....

way way back.

ezza
16-08-04, 21:26
man gotta lot of fond memories from early retail.

two of my fondest memories involved _Uman_ who was member of HATE(tho first encountered him as a Titan member.

there was a fight in the OZ station, someone heard that hate where there, so myself and my leader headout there, but due to a buggy game i crash, i come back, my leader had been killed, so i carry on anyway, when i see this PA tank, in not seen a tank in PA at that point, so i pull my energy beam out(didnt have HL at that point) and start firing, only to see some real shitty damage come off Uman.

then in local hes like "hahahahaha" all the time im hitting him, so i go " ahh forget this im off" and hightailed it out of there :lol:

my second memory of the umanator(new name forhim :p ) was umm actually cant recall the zone but it was a canyon sector.

im driving along on my hovertec, when i drive past a PA tank, i stop look and see who it was, so start driving just as the CS comes out.

im driving away liek HAR HAR cant get me, when because i was looking behind me, i didnt see the barrells i drove right into.

next i know im on the deck trying to see what item i dropped, then suddenly BOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
myhovertec is in peices

back then it seemed like somepeople were good guys and other bad guys, now its like everyone is a bad guy.

early retail was more definded youknew who was bad and who was good

dark_reaper
16-08-04, 21:30
I remember hunting in the Ozone, EON and the Crackheads would actually fight eachother, and when a noob or an hostile faction member walked by both will stop and kill the other person. The Insta loms were the best, KK needs to bring them back.

I also remember back in the Day, Plaza 1 was full of people. If you are a cst, or a resser you would make millions in an hour easily off of tips. Via Rosso had alot of people running around trading, hanging out.

The Day when DoY bots attacked the Military base the first week Neocron came out on Pluto. I loved that battle.

Back in da day in PP, you are a n00b and get Ganked all the time, every 2 steps you take you are dead.

Man those were the days

joran420
16-08-04, 21:33
i remember no belts :)

and getting pk'd in the sewers

coppertop
16-08-04, 21:33
I remember a cool op war at soliko (in pluto). About 7 of us against 20 odd hostile runners. The fight lasted between 1 or 2 hours and I can still remember backing up inside the op with a tank and an APU doing my best to keep them both alive. I got anti-buffed and slaughtered but still got to watch the tank battle on alone for another 5 seconds or so before he finally dropped. EPIC was the only word to describe the fight :)

retr0n
16-08-04, 22:02
i remember no belts :)

and getting pk'd in the sewers

Oh yeah, getting PKed... damn, PKed at MB sooo many times, but back in those
days, if you cried on faction people would actually come to kill the PKers...
After a while there would be a nice big group of people and full sized wars
would break out simply because some of them were enemies to eachother :p

Was fun times

solling
16-08-04, 22:07
Another one was in the days of EON
was paradox at cycrow he was talking about his uba con setup (was one of the first peops to get a good setup i think ) and peops was trying their weapons on him and doind very lil damage compared to what they normally did back then, then 14K triad came along in a tank and wasted para lol
made me laugh so hard.

also another one with para mucta been my first pvp action in pp i went in there saw para and started to shoot at him no need to say i died really fast and lost my 3 slotted plasma rifle, so i went back there and para gave the rifle back to me.

u knew who was bad and who was good but the bad guys where not assholes like they are nowadays they where kewl guys mostley just like to pk if u asked for ur weapon back then normally they said sure now u dont even ask :P

also one of silverwolf(another eon) and redd harvest (14K) went to duel inside pp and it was a draw and then they showed off their weapons silver had a 4 or 5 slot CS and harvest well he had a 1 slot Enhanced Plasma Rifle :p

retr0n
16-08-04, 22:11
u knew who was bad and who was good but the bad guys where not assholes li9ke they are nowadays they where kewl guys mostley just like to pk if u asked for ur weapon back then normally they said sure now u dont even ask :P

Man that is sooo true. People PKed just as much if not more as they do today
but today being a PKer for some stupid reason also means you are an asshat.

Another memorie comes into play, Life Claimer (PE) running around MB on saturn..
He was a damn fucking good PE... Way before stealth etc...

dark_reaper
16-08-04, 22:13
I will never forget the day EON got kicked off for good, I miss those guys, and shortly after Molavent Crackheads, then TR came to rise and like the only non exploiting clan at the time.

solling
16-08-04, 22:16
i remeber my first rare was a libby guybrush(vnox) killed escaflowne (eon)
and got a 5 slot libby :p (yeh the duped one) and since he was a tank gave it to me

not long after i killed a TG pe in an op fight and got the another 5 slot libby completely identical :D

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 22:20
I remember back in the days when their were no bugs. :)

Kaden
16-08-04, 22:22
and got a 5 slot libby :p (yeh the duped one) and since he was a tank gave it to me

not long after i killed a TG pe in an op fight and got the another 5 slot libby completely identical :D
Around the time that there were a lot of pistol tank around the servers :p

Jest
16-08-04, 22:22

not long after i killed a TG pe in an op fight and got the another 5 slot libby completely identical :DYou were the first person I ever saw with a rare. :p Your Libby. Back when we used to have those mass leveling parties at Grant back when Grim Chasers didnt attack, just spawned. :lol:

I miss the days of good guys and bad guys. Seems like every one is just a different kind of bad guy these days. I need a heeeerooooo!

cRazy2003
16-08-04, 22:23
I remember pumping loads of skillpoints into resist psi on my monk thinking
that I would be fucking leet.

rofl OWNED,

i remember the time when me and my real life friend just started playing together and we put together our begging money :p and baught a via rosso 3 apartment of a PE and thinking it was the fucking ownage.

retr0n
16-08-04, 22:24
I remember when I first played this game, in beta4, I logged in, after
reading up on the game decided to make a constructor as my first char,
either first or second, cant remember if the monk was first, constructed
some item and got like a 50 bagillion tip in form of a sweet cashcube :P
(no money cap back then).... Went on to buy a bunch of stuff to cst,
noticed i was leveling intel... 5 mins later i capped intel... :p

ino
16-08-04, 22:25
Hehe the good old days back on pluto on my spy :) And the non existing con setup on anyone. I remember Dank on his tank on pluto with a shit load of atlethics even with 50 ping he was got damn faster than the server could keep track :)

solling
16-08-04, 22:26
ok well here is one more my first op war was at emmerson
and we had just bought a tank (the vhc one) for money we had gotten as a compensation for me breaking clan app( was a bug long story) and was really proud of it was a op fight with EPRs and TCPs and all the non rare shit our eneimies did not have rares either

i think it was maas-neotech or whatever they was called had a big piece of the map so we hacked and the leader dmed me etcetc ended in them coming with a big ass group but it was one of the most fun op wars i have been in none the less no ppus (only a hybrid kermit) a lot of tanks some pes and some spys i think i did 50+ damage in one shot on one of the tanks with my EPR :p
needless to say my clan VNox died and just as i died i heard a big BOOM
and saw junk all over the tank we had gotten not long before was no more
dont even think we used it lol
good oll days

OTIS
16-08-04, 22:26
i remember me and my friend had tanks setup the exact same...hybrid :o CS and DG. :lol:

Oh and being factionless forever :p

ino
16-08-04, 22:31
hehe there are so many stopid memories from start of retail :) The recycle skill for example.. wtf is this shit fuck that Im going all rifle. I dont know how many thousand times me and all the ppl hanging out in graves had to run and buy got damn ammo at tescom :). Or when no monks kind of had the ress spell. A monk in our clan back then got enough of that exotic thing to eventually use it but then he quit and we moved to saturn.

Scikar
16-08-04, 22:31
You missed the one before that then Cas, when we took MacPherson? I think I was using some crummy assault rifle back then. Anyway, we were all sitting out in front of the OP, when Guybrush rides over on his motorbike. So naturally, we're all thinking "Wow! Cool!" He has to go so he rides off. Meanwhile I decide to explore the OP. I take a few steps in for a look around. And some random guy from the previous owning clan logs on his hybrid, parashocks me and nukes me before I can say omgtheresafuckingmonkhereabouttokillme! I then GR, and mass confusion ensues over clan chat, ending with the whole lot of us dead and nobody had any idea what just happened. :D

dark_reaper
16-08-04, 22:34
You guys remember before they add the caps to the character, you would see an PSI carry an cannon or a spy. An tank that is a pistolleer. A tank that uses the uber PSI stuff. ***peps running around ganking everyone

Lachlan
16-08-04, 22:34
I'll never forget the time Trillian ran into Plaza 1 and offered to sex anyone for 100k. I was willing to give up my hard-earned poking tips, but she felt sorry me and sexed me for free. Cause I was such a cute noob.

We were the talk of trade-nc that night...

ah, good times, good times.

solling
16-08-04, 22:35
You missed the one before that then Cas, when we took MacPherson? I think I was using some crummy assault rifle back then. Anyway, we were all sitting out in front of the OP, when Guybrush rides over on his motorbike. So naturally, we're all thinking "Wow! Cool!" He has to go so he rides off. Meanwhile I decide to explore the OP. I take a few steps in for a look around. And some random guy from the previous owning clan logs on his hybrid, parashocks me and nukes me before I can say omgtheresafuckingmonkhereabouttokillme! I then GR, and mass confusion ensues over clan chat, ending with the whole lot of us dead and nobody had any idea what just happened

ahh i remeber that i was on my puny spy but was long ago i did not think of that and it was not pluto hehe
1 hybrid taking out an entire clan of n00bs :p

Jest
16-08-04, 22:39
MY first op war was against the Swedish War Elite at Simmons. I was in The Khans. I was as nibish as they come back then on my research/hacking/pistol/droner spy. I just remember getting own big time. I ran like hell after every one died and they chased me but I lived!!! Muahahahaa!

Though some of the most memorable battles were against TeCH at Tyron Factory. Back when the attackers would always camp the roof, TeCH would almost always bring vehicles and we had some awesome fights there.

solling
16-08-04, 22:43
Though some of the most memorable battles were against TeCH at Tyron Factory. Back when the attackers would always camp the roof, TeCH would almost always bring vehicles and we had some awesome fights there

haha i remeber that VNox and khans was allied so we usually fought the fights toghether

tyron has alot of good memories

ino
16-08-04, 22:43
haha Jest that was us.. Kahns wasnt that like tangent?

Jest
16-08-04, 22:49
haha Jest that was us.. Kahns wasnt that like tangent?Yah. Tangent was huge back then with Khans, VNox, and NDA all in it.

Hey Burner
16-08-04, 23:07
One of my first memories... From waaaaaaaay back at the start of Beta 4.

"Selling Chitin outside Yo's, 100c a piece!!"
lol, damn it ruled when I was a complete noob. I'll be looking forward to being that again when I get DoY.

Oh and having parties at some other blokes appt. and stabbing each other and getting quite intoxicated... Oh the fun we had...

solling
17-08-04, 03:57
old n00bi stories come on (bump)

cRazy2003
17-08-04, 04:15
when i first star this account over a year ago now, i was begging for cash :p and this BD asked me to follow him and he would give me money, i was CA at the time and was unaware about faction enemies and non safe zones, so he took me into pepper park, and next to the ramp/TS HQ, we stood there for a sec and then he started attacking me with a knife, i was wondering wtf then the guard started attacking him and killed him, they had lazer rifles back then but it was so funny :lol:

Redd Harvest
17-08-04, 20:50

VERY... just thinking back - myself, lil lilii and Megamans PE sidekick (forget her name) were probably the fastest runners around. We could leap so high we could jump up and land on top of the high lamps outside of crytons in Plaza 1 without having to climb up and fall down on them... and yes we 'warped' when we ran, big time.

This was about the time they implemented the "Speed Hack" protection routine, and so people associated that message with us fast runners. Shotgun, I believe it was, publicly accused me of speed hacking, just because he'd 'capped' his athletics at 100. :lol: We were at like 160 athletics or something, plus one of the more unusual skills like willpower or something had influence on it too IIRC...

Of course, none of us cared about good con set-ups back then - who needed them when you couldn't get hit - which is why I'll be easy pickings these days.

@ Solling - Hah, yes - I remember that fight with Silverwolf!! *** Blue PA tank with duped multislot rare vs. Mr. Loud Mouth Ghetto Equipment.

That was a funny story about Paradox and the tank btw. xD 14K's tank made a number of humerous kills, one of which was the carnage on the first Cross Neocron Death Race, where we took out a number of competitors before they even realised what was happening. In fact I think we came third by virtue of removing everyone but the fastest from the race, blowing about 7 other competitors and vehicles skyward. I was gunning at the time, and even managed to blow the race organisers 4x4 up - although he later joined 14K as Jujuwalker Clancy so he obviously wasn't too annoyed. =P

ZyproN
17-08-04, 21:04
Memories let me see.. Ye i remember first time i got into PP i was CA and then they guards killed me and i didnt know what to do :p

StrongSad
17-08-04, 21:12
I asked QD if he had a special forces....I thought that chip was the end all of implants...

I also remember the days when just a few high lvl spies could wear the xray PA. How every spy and his brother wears PA....oh well.

Xizor
17-08-04, 21:13
Ahh the memories:
Beta4 with crap weapons down in the PP sewers with about 30 other people at the same time, just trying to get as many rifels/pistols I could, being almost overburdended with all the stuff I crawled back towards the entrance, but suddenly a Big Dragonfly spawned right next to me...And if anyone remember just how big they were? And how much they hurt a n00b? OUCH..I used to see the green radioactive light in my dreams :p

About a year ago I started playing again, which I had not done since Beta 4..I remember going to Outzone down in the spider warehouse, where all the spiders spawn and getting totally owned by them, swearing that SOME DAY THEY WOULD PAY!

Walking peacefully around in MB, suddenly seeing a red tank in a PA going: "OH FUCK" turning around just as he pulls his CS on me..."RUUUUUUUUUN"...Hearing the plasma blasts hit my back..meh another dead n00b :p (I later killed that guy repeatedly :D)

Agent L
17-08-04, 22:21
Running through PP on my hacker spy (my second and last char :) and I met Lexxuk-the-SPY !! He died for some reason and dropped his riffle, I picked it up and escaped to plaza. I dmed him then to come and have his slowfire back, thats how we get knowing each other.

Bug where items dissapeared from your inventory and when Max Jefferson asked me to hold a cashcube with like 1000 times what I had and when he came to claim it back I was shocked to discover that I don't have it !

I didn't exploited but I always knew there was new exploit around as ppl suddenly began tipping in bilions.

Also old trade bug when you was unable to enter amount of money, it happened all the time so cashcubes were resonable workaround.

Having 101 IMP where there was no loms neither MC5 just to show who's the boss in IMP buissness : )

No global chats - ppl running into plaza1 and screaming about something going on.

Britney Spears event when rescue raiders killed her clones instead of rescuing them and taking prize - that was first time I remember GMs completly surprised how things turned out.

GMs making prizes like "vechicle of choice" when everyone had zilions of cash so I immediately launched counter-quests doubling the reward

Noobs that I teamed with after I made it into retail and their ohs and ahs when near capped Cryton came in PA to avenge me.

solling
17-08-04, 22:26
i remeber first time i killed a vhc

it was at jeriko and so 2 guys come in a car and we shoot em(was enemies) and killed em and after alil their car blew up and everyone was OMG oh no what have we done i remeber everyone felt so bad about killing these guys cars :p