PDA

View Full Version : CS: Source

Ferabukoo
16-08-04, 03:12
Wow, im playing the beta, and all i can say is wowzers batman..

Since i cant play nc2, because of click2pay, looks like i found my new game.

rob444
16-08-04, 03:42
Yes but HL2 mp > CS source

Flashlite
16-08-04, 04:42
where you sign up for beta?

WebShock
16-08-04, 07:35
HL2 >doom > gameboy > NC 1

phunqe
16-08-04, 12:23
I can't believe what I'm reading...

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/Source/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Check it out.. especially with the physics engine and the barrel thing.. hahahh.. this guy must have just come out of a timelocked room where he have played original CS only.

Good lord.. and then the "things that struck me most" with the tiles?! hahahah look at it ROFL

And the smoke part "generally smoke is a block texture which often has hard edges, the Source Engine provides a much more realistic Smoke effect".. LMAOROFL check the second screenshot... lol Neocron 1 looks like that.

Man... I need to drink some water now. This was some funny shit.

Source is just an attempt to milk money gone bad.

EDIT: rofl just read another review "I run into one of the barrels, and the barrel falls over - reacting perfectly to the physics of the world. The second barrel I decide to shoot for no real reason; and as I'm shooting it, very nicely-detailed bullet holes start appearing on the barrel.". Seriously.. what is this. Twilight zone?

EDIT 2: I just feel it's starting to be a little too much hype and too little cash...

Mumblyfish
16-08-04, 12:44
EDIT 2: I just feel it's starting to be a little too much hype and too little cash...
I'm not a big fan of CS, but seriously mate... you've missed the point! CS:Source is practically just CS 1.6 ported over to the Source engine... no fuss, very little effort required. It's being used as an example (as is the original Half-Life) of how easy it'll be for modders to switch their Half-Life mods onto Source.

Too little cash? Of course. This has hardly cost them a penny. That's the point! And since you're saying it's an attempt to milk money, I think I'll just take the time to point out that it's free. Yeah...

PS - The physics engine is impressive. I've seen a movie of the bomb going off on dust and SWEET JESUS!

Mumbly
- Someone who doesn't like CS anyway

phunqe
16-08-04, 12:52
Ok... what I meant was "much talk, little action" :p

There seems to be too much of a hype over it all, given it's only a port of the 1.6 :D

Also, the reviewers talk like they've never seen some stuff beofre... I would expect more of hard core game reviewers :p
They make it sound like the next UT or something o_O

Mumblyfish
16-08-04, 12:57
I buy 200-300 quids worth of games and gaming equipment a month... and I've never seen some of the stuff in CS:Source before...

Fiskarn
16-08-04, 13:01
Cs ***** säger jag bare :)

but seriusly.. it can be fun once in awhile...

and the damn thing looks good to :)

phunqe
16-08-04, 13:02
I buy 200-300 quids worth of games and gaming equipment a month... and I've never seen some of the stuff in CS:Source before...

Ok, I'll guess I'll have to try it out when it's released :p

I still get the feeling there is an abundancy of glorious words however :)

Spermy
16-08-04, 13:29
As posted in the review of source:

"Whilst playing the game there were some elements of the engine that really jumped out at us, here’s a selection

The smooth yet dimpled tiles are spot on, very realistic looking"

Uh, textures are'nt part of the engine, they're external.

And since when was using MAX HAVOK to make smoke part of an engine?

EH?!

Christ this bloke is sucking major dong.

SpawnTDK
16-08-04, 13:57
cs bah ... poor shit game

LiL T
16-08-04, 15:13
LOL they act like its something NEW!! never done before pffft FFS :rolleyes:

Spermy
16-08-04, 15:14

Well, 12 year old blast em up fans are bound to... lol

LiL T
16-08-04, 15:16
How long will it take for HAX and aimbots and shit to appear in it also as these games are full of morons and banning them don't do shit

Vampire222
16-08-04, 16:03
Wow, im playing the beta, and all i can say is wowzers batman..

Since i cant play nc2, because of click2pay, looks like i found my new game.

ewa? what country re you in then

Original monk
16-08-04, 16:20
How long will it take for HAX and aimbots and shit to appear in it also as these games are full of morons and banning them don't do shit

lets me think abit about neocron tbh

rob444
16-08-04, 17:01
The link phunqe pasted, what can I say.. The guy that has written that sucks :rolleyes:

Yes, nice textures, ooh physics, nice lightning, oh CS source has it all! Hello? It's the Half-Life 2 engine, not fucking CS engine.

Omnituens
16-08-04, 20:00
as long as it has the FAMAS, im happy.

Mumblyfish
16-08-04, 20:22
Yes, nice textures, ooh physics, nice lightning, oh CS source has it all! Hello? It's the Half-Life 2 engine, not fucking CS engine.
So... at the time all the reviewers saying Allied Assault had good graphics were wrong, because HELLO? It's the Quake 3 engine, not the fucking Allied Assault engine!

Faulty logic!

Scikar
16-08-04, 20:40
I notice the reviewer in phunqe's link spends more time telling us about the excellent features in the options menu which Steam already has, than he does describing the game itself. O_o

shodanjr_gr
17-08-04, 01:03
A shiteh review by a 1337 cs kiddie who has probably played no other fps than CS it self. Still i am looking forward to CS:S :)

rob444
17-08-04, 02:39
So... at the time all the reviewers saying Allied Assault had good graphics were wrong, because HELLO? It's the Quake 3 engine, not the fucking Allied Assault engine!

Faulty logic!

No it's not faulty logic, it's the reviewers incompetence. It's a difference by saying the game that is built on another engine has nice models and textures. I know he showed a floor texture, but what was it that he showed? He showed the bumpmap, not the ugly texture. It's all HL2 baby and crappy reviewers reviewing CS:S gives CS:S the Credit rather than HL2.
I got a hunch a bunch of 14 year olds will be dissapointed in HL2 as CS:S already had all those cool features...

boombang
17-08-04, 03:10

like NC then? with all the new improvements? (e.g. customiseably appartments... like UO about 2405 years ago?)

Mattimeo
17-08-04, 03:12
HL2 >doom > gameboy > NC 1

I'm wayyy late for this, but nothing beats out the entertainment value of a GBA.

And I don't know where that came from. 8|

Mumblyfish
17-08-04, 03:27
I'm wayyy late for this, but nothing beats out the entertainment value of a GBA.
Magenta'd for truth!

System
17-08-04, 04:37

As a member of Online Gaming Cheats (OGC) from back in the day. Valve has cheating pritty much to a stop for most the public in Half-life. The only people that are able to cheat is the programmers and there friends. It's a hard thing these days, this is why a lot of the Cheating Community has died down in Half-Life. I give Valve props for what they have done to stop cheating even though i was one of them. I remember it like yesterday and Valve released VAC against us and OGC 10a came out and not to long after that it was detected within the days, then OGC 10b came out and well it only took them about a few hours to detect it. At that point everyone saw that its was coming to a slow hault for the public to be able to cheat.

So theres my 2 cents on cheating in halflife. I will most likely be playing Counter-Strike again and get back with an old buddy and join Cal back up. Hope to see some of you there :-p

Samhain
17-08-04, 07:27
see, the problem is, counter-strike is a piece of shit.

Just got done playing a bit and it's the same old spray, pray, camp, random headshot BS that it was to begin with.

Valve has cheating pritty much to a stop for most the public in Half-life. The only people that are able to cheat is the programmers and there friends. It's a hard thing these days, this is why a lot of the Cheating Community has died down in Half-Life. I give Valve props for what they have done to stop cheating even though i was one of them. I remember it like yesterday and Valve released VAC against us and OGC 10a came out and not to long after that it was detected within the days, then OGC 10b came out and well it only took them about a few hours to detect it. At that point everyone saw that its was coming to a slow hault for the public to be able to cheat.

So theres my 2 cents on cheating in halflife. I will most likely be playing Counter-Strike again and get back with an old buddy and join Cal back up. Hope to see some of you there :-p

you're an idiot.

[site removed, only purpose was to prove that there is still a large number of cheats available to the public that don't require shit-all to install]

*site appears to be temporarily down, but it has oodles of VAC-proof cheats. Some guy came in to a game I was playing named "The Butcher" who speedhacked in to the spawn with an auto-follow script and an aimbot that hit people in the head every time with the knife, and since it's speedhacking he swings 100 times a second, so the entire enemy team was dead in 2-3 seconds each round. he then left and some other guy came in doing the same thing, only he posted that url. I went to check it out and wow, I didn't realize cheating was THAT easy. I always assumed there was a bit of intuition to it, or that you had to do some configuring. I mean, fuck, it has IN-GAME VGUI MENUS.

System
17-08-04, 07:53
wow i can tell that you don't know to much about cheating. And you say someone keeps coming back to that server and cheating? Well it most likely the same guy.

And he's tring to get more people to go to his site either for advertising reasons to make money or to build up a new web page to "TRY" and provide a cheat for the puplic.

and you state "you're an idiot."

Well thats nice, its expected by someone who doesn't like cheaters and the what is invald in making a cheat. VGUI menus have been in cheating ever since i started to cheat, where have you been?

Oh, the way they same guy keeps getting back onto the same server to rage you guys is with multible accounts with different CD keys. I have over 200+ working CDkeys for Halflife. All it takes is to have a different email address for each account and each CDkey to keep soming back.

See when someone gets banned by VAC, there whole account gets banned with all the CDkeys that have been used on that account. So if you get banned then change your CDkey and use the same account that you got banned on before but with a different CDkey you will get banned with that new CDkey without even using a cheat.

So Multible accounts, emails, and CDKeys is how you keep on seeing a cheater on that server.

Most new cheats that get built are detected very fast and the programmer will try to keep upto date with VAC and try to get around it over 3 times a week and after a few weeks of VAC detecting the hack that programmer will not code has much for the public so therefore it's harder for the public to cheat.

If you played back in the day of v1.1 CS and compared it with v1.6 CS the amount of cheaters have dropped drasticly. Please before speaking realise what you are saying a look up some information before making a fool of yourself. Thank you

PS. Moderators Delete that link that he has there. There shouldn't be links to cheats/hacking at all. Just like you do not allow exploit talking.

-- Diablos --

Samhain
17-08-04, 07:59
wow i can tell that you don't know to much about cheating. And you say someone keeps coming back to that server and cheating? Well it most likely the same guy.

I never said that. I said another person came in, a member of the </vac> clan and then advertised it. It wasn't the same guy.

And he's tring to get more people to go to his site either for advertising reasons to make money or to build up a new web page to "TRY" and provide a cheat for the puplic.

It's not 'try', it's a popular site. The forums were full of people.

Well thats nice, its expected by someone who doesn't like cheaters and the what is invald in making a cheat. VGUI menus have been in cheating ever since i started to cheat, where have you been?

Where have I been? Not cheating. I loaded my first cheat up about two weeks ago, and then gave up on HL all together.

Oh, the way they same guy keeps getting back onto the same server to rage you guys is with multible accounts with different CD keys. I have over 200+ working CDkeys for Halflife. All it takes is to have a different email address for each account and each CDkey to keep soming back.

Wow, what a blatant attempt to make yourself sound badass. I never said the same guy kept getting back on the server - the server didn't have an admin at that point, so he didn't get banned or kicked.

See when someone gets banned by VAC, there whole account gets banned with all the CDkeys that have been used on that account. So if you get banned then change your CDkey and use the same account that you got banned on before but with a different CDkey you will get banned with that new CDkey without even using a cheat.

Who, exactly, are you explaining this to? Not only is it irrelevant, but it's also common knowledge.

If you played back in the day of v1.1 CS and compared it with v1.6 CS the amount of cheaters have dropped drasticly. Please before speaking realise what you are saying a look up some information before making a fool of yourself. Thank you

I played since the day CS came out, thank you. I played Half-life since the day IT came out. I used to write a strategy column for CS back when the beta still had an element of strategy and thinking to it. I remember people laughing at me for talking about things like "aimbots" and "wallhacks", saying those things didn't exist.

I suppose I am a fool, though, I mean, I obviously don't know anything about cheating, or at least not nearly as much as you do. You got me there.

I saved the mods the trouble and removed the link myself. Now you're free to make your next post with a slew of more useless information that proves you to be the super elite of cheating and knowledge related to cheating.

System
17-08-04, 08:03
Yes but the first impresion you gave me with the comment "your are an idiot." kinda was a bad impresion. So therefore I explanned in further detail about the things so enlightnen you.

I sure as hell don't know how long you have been playing and don't really care. You made it sound like there are a shit load of cheaters. I never said they it has stopped. I stated that it has dropped drasticly since VAC has came out.

But if you just got done playing on that server with that cheater you are most likely still pissed the hell off and don't give a flying shit what anyone really has to say about the matter.

System
17-08-04, 08:08
Now you're free to make your next post with a slew of more useless information that proves you to be the super elite of cheating and knowledge related to cheating.

Let me get across to you something straight. I joined the cheating community 3 years ago for learning because i'm going into Game Development and it is easy to learn engines and coding by cheating. Yes I did cheat but I did not cheat to go onto servers to piss people off like most of you see. Some may not realise that there are 2 kinds of cheaters. You have your cheaters that like to have something different in the game and then you have those the just straight out want to fuck another persons game up. Which I personally do not like to fuck up another persons gaming.

Not all cheaters are ass wholes as you might put it. Once again this is probably useless information for you becuase your still "r4g3d" over the last cheater you incountered

Samhain
17-08-04, 08:08
Yes but the first impresion you gave me with the comment "your are an idiot." kinda was a bad impresion.

Well, the first impresion you gave me with the "As a member of Online Gaming Cheats (OGC) from back in the day." was a bad impression too. It's funny how no matter what the nature of something is, people will still establish a social structure around it and there will be some factor of acceptance/belonging in it. Cheaters have their 'social elite', PKers have their 'social elite', it's funny.

I sure as hell don't know how long you have been playing and don't really care. You made it sound like there are a shit load of cheaters.

There are. I'd say 1/2 of any given server has someone using a wallhack or just something simple like altered smoke sprites or sniper crosshairs that don't have a blackout.

But if you just got done playing on that server with that cheater you are most likely still pissed the hell off and don't give a flying shit what anyone really has to say about the matter.

No, I gave up Half-life after seeing how pathetically easy it was. I don't give a flying shit what YOU say about the matter because you're just trying to impress some invisible panel of cheaters that you're hoping are going to give you acceptance and go WOW HE SURE KNOWS HIS STUFF.

System
17-08-04, 08:13
No, I gave up Half-life after seeing how pathetically easy it was. I don't give a flying shit what YOU say about the matter because you're just trying to impress some invisible panel of cheaters that you're hoping are going to give you acceptance and go WOW HE SURE KNOWS HIS STUFF.

ROLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha I had my fame buddy I don't give a shit. I haven't been around that community since I joined NC over a year ago. I'm just considered and "old fart" over that way.

"HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME I WAS A CHEATER IN CS, WOOT WOOT COME JOIN MEH!!!"

Ok ok i'm done with this conversation with this Samhain guy, he's cracking me up now.

Samhain
17-08-04, 08:14
Hahahaha I had my fame buddy I don't give a shit.

You had your fame because you were researching cheats because you're a game developer...

Damn, all this before your 15th birthday.

MrTrip
17-08-04, 09:08
Quit the flaming. Christ...

We all know HL, CS, DOD, TFC, and all those are full of cheats and will always be full of cheats and nothing will fix this. We either all install cheating death on our servers or stfu and deal with "haxxors"

I think the CS Source game looks pretty cool. They did make it look like CS was its own engine and such....but who cares its another game. I would not mind seeing a CS type game in the D3 engine. If only multiplayer in D3 was better *sighs* 4 players reminds me of Saturn ( :D ) and the old System shock 2 days.

Samhain
17-08-04, 10:29
Doom3 is not fixed to 4 players. There are 16 player servers and more.

They just don't let you set max over 4 in the create game dialogue. You can do +max_players 16 or whatever (don't know the exact command for sure) on a command line, plus a mod would change whatever is limiting the 4 player creation in the in-game create game dialog to something higher.

Omnituens
17-08-04, 20:39
i never cheat in Multiplayer games, and i only cheat in single player games after completing the game without them so i can piss about on it.

cheating in multiplayer sucks tbh, even if you are not out to ruin the game, you are still going to screw someone over. the moment you give yourself an advantage over someone else, is the moment you ruin thier game.