PDA

View Full Version : How can I level a spy super fast?

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 01:57
I want to make a pure hacker for NC2. So any tips on leveling a spy super fast? Last time I leveled a spy I stopped at 84 base. They have worse defense than an apu(while leveling up at least) and nowhere near the offense(at least not back then). It was also really slow and boring.

So somebody help me out here, :p. I heard droners level really fast. Is that true?

Spy XX
16-08-04, 01:59
Drones + Graves or
Ray of God/Pistol + Swamp Caves

cRazy2003
16-08-04, 01:59
try a droner with AOE drone in el farid, thats pritty fast, or get a PPU when a bit higher with a team and visit some of the graves/caves, doy tunnels etc.

Splaticus
16-08-04, 02:04
Well, my spy makes 5+ million an hour is that fast? However, considering this is a "harsh cyberpunk world" I fail to see why I, or anyone not allied with you, should share leveling techniques.

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 02:07
Well, my spy makes 5+ million an hour is that fast? However, considering this is a "harsh cyberpunk world" I fail to see why I, or anyone not allied with you, should share leveling techniques.

Then why did you bother to post? lol

Sigma
16-08-04, 02:10
How can I level a spy super fast?
Hax...

Splaticus
16-08-04, 02:10
Because I was wondering if 5+ million an hour is "fast." :) And that is without a ppu, just in case that matters.

nobby
16-08-04, 02:23
so tell us..how do u do it?

engl
16-08-04, 02:44
nope because this is a "harsh cyberpunk world ................... O_o

rob444
16-08-04, 02:48
[ edited ]

Splaticus
16-08-04, 03:05
Sorry engl, my "harsh cyberpunk world" comment is my way of making fun of the l33t noob killers who use that excuse to justify randomly killing people who they know have absolutely no chance against them.

I find those kinds of people funny, because they will go out get the drop on people, then hang out in P2 where they are completely safe and stroke their egos. I bet most of them have never played in a PK, all the time, everywhere world. Where the only time you could not be killed was 5 minutes after you had just been killed by a PK. And lets not forget that you would always drop 10-14 of your most valuable items.

As far as giving leveling tips . . . well, does it make any strategic sense to tell people who are potential enemies how to make themselves more powerful? Play in a game where the prime leveling spots were 'guraded' 24/7 by certain monarchies to ensure they had an advantage over un-sworn, and enemy monarchies and you would understand the comment.

Too bad, we dont have the playerbase to actually have leveling areas guarded 24/7. It would certainly be more interesting.

Xylaz
16-08-04, 08:01
El-farid is probably the best way to go - as a droner. You can start there from pretty low lvl (like /20 or even less), than switching to graves when u got better drones (around lvl /40).
AOE do wonders in such places though there is one big disadvantage of such lvling... Its so incredibly boring that's even hard to describe. You just hover near the pit in el farid holding down fire button... for hours... Then you switch to graves and again... holding down left most button... for hours and hours...

I wouldnt advice lvling on rifles, at least not if u want to lvl fast. Pistols are better for it. Anyways, in such case, swamp cave is the only way to go, though its boring too... as any kind of powerleveling.

juvestar15
16-08-04, 08:20
What's the tactic for swamp caves?

naimex
16-08-04, 08:28
drones and el farid underground desert city

when i played my spy i got a shitload of lvls in a few days.

(AoE drones or its a waste of time)

dont know if the other places mentioned are faster.

Viper Venom
16-08-04, 08:33
Because I was wondering if 5+ million an hour is "fast." :) And that is without a ppu, just in case that matters.splat u meanie, why if u didnt gun a doy replicant for me id be flaming u now :P as u did

SPLAT IS RITE WHY SHOULD ANYBOYD SHARE LEVELING TIPS WITH EVIL ENEMYS lol

edit: mm quoted the wrong thing splat said, oh well u get what bit i meant to quote

Xylaz
16-08-04, 08:43
What's the tactic for swamp caves?

stay in the water al the time and move all the time - you wont get hit 80% of the time. If u do, use an antidote.

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 08:52
I wouldnt advice lvling on rifles, at least not if u want to lvl fast. Pistols are better for it.

Y?

Oh and thanks for all the tips.

Ozambabbaz
16-08-04, 08:58
i made iggy capped except 97 int in 11 days, played long hours on some 6 of them, pistols+swamp caves+vomit bag=fast xp but nausceating...i ain't evah going swamping again :(

Xylaz
16-08-04, 08:59
Pistols are better for fast lvling because of the higher RoF mostly and a lesser requirements in weapon lore (which allows u to cap pistols easier than rifles, thus making more dmg etc), additionally pistol ammo weights less than rifle, allowing you to carry more which means less gogo/ammo shop runs while leveling.
Rifles are great for solo hunting as u can take on much much powerful mobs and stay safe. But if u want to lvl in caves, you cannot use this advantage, so pistols are way to go.

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 05:13
Pistols are better for fast lvling because of the higher RoF mostly and a lesser requirements in weapon lore (which allows u to cap pistols easier than rifles, thus making more dmg etc), additionally pistol ammo weights less than rifle, allowing you to carry more which means less gogo/ammo shop runs while leveling.
Rifles are great for solo hunting as u can take on much much powerful mobs and stay safe. But if u want to lvl in caves, you cannot use this advantage, so pistols are way to go.

I see. Thanks man. I'll proly level up as a pistol spy then.

Birkoff
17-08-04, 05:19
1. GO TT (pistols)
2. Get ur PPU friend to ppu u in aggies for about 15 mins till u can use ur 2nd weapon drugged to shit.
3. Get a friendly driver to take you to swamp caves.
4. Lvl there till you an use a kami.
5. Put your kami in and head to the Fa turrets :) You'll cap in 2 days if ur sad :)
6. You'll be bored as shit by about dex 95 as its like 12mil jumps so jsut get apu/ppu team to lvl with. (give them free sex if needed)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Brings back memories

Shadow Dancer
17-08-04, 05:23
I don't have a pistol kami. :(

Birkoff
17-08-04, 05:57
sux to be u TBH :D

SorkZmok
17-08-04, 06:03
Fh1, br2, heal sanctum. Heal. Med. poison belt.
Then get a raygun and hit the swampcaves. Less than 15 minutes for 1 million dex xp. Dont even need a PPU. The loot is shit but hey, who wants rares these days anyway....

/edit
Dont need a pistol kami. All points into p-c to get a high rank, thats all. Having a PPU caps you even faster.

sultana
17-08-04, 11:41
If you haven't already started, i'd say go rifles and anticity, or doy friendly at any rate. Do warbies till you hit pa, then go to escador and hunt doy mobs. There are massive spawns out there, and with a healing light, i was getting 220k dex xp per mob... not sure on the int... i was 96ish when i capped dex though. You don't even need a ppu if your careful aswell, though the mobs have the annoying trait of ganking you =/ If you spec some poke, you don't even need to gr back to plaza. It's also fairly nice money =)

Another way is graves + ppu + anti poison sanctum, I hear that works fairly well...

Xadhoom
17-08-04, 12:16
SD, if ur thinking bout creating one of these shootuntilmyhealthislowandstealth spies, create ur spy on pluto, uranus, jupiter or venus.. but pls not on saturn :( there are enuff stealthwhores out there already :(

Clownst0pper
17-08-04, 12:26
Shadow, spec 60 remote control, and 60 willpower, level as a droner, then once uve capped, you can lom it out without a single level loss.

With implants you get way enough RCL to use the rare AOE until you cap.

Worked for both my spys in under a week.

blaczero
17-08-04, 15:08
SD, if ur thinking bout creating one of these shootuntilmyhealthislowandstealth spies, create ur spy on pluto, uranus, jupiter or venus.. but pls not on saturn :( there are enuff stealthwhores out there already :(

i love how someone uses thier skill to the fullest extent is a "whore"... i suppose an APU who just fire apoc's over and over is a fire apoc "whore" ?

there are ways to counter stealth, to name a few, get a ppu, db the spy, use plasma weaps, use AoE weaps... bla bla bla

Xadhoom
17-08-04, 15:34
i love how someone uses thier skill to the fullest extent is a "whore"... i suppose an APU who just fire apoc's over and over is a fire apoc "whore" ?

there are ways to counter stealth, to name a few, get a ppu, db the spy, use plasma weaps, use AoE weaps... bla bla bla

u need skill to use a rifle spy in close combat. But to hide on a mountain, shoot ur enemies from far away and stealth when somebody comes close, isnt really what I call "playerskill".. db ? antidamageboost drugs. freeze? anti freez drugs. True sight sanctum? haha, rofl. completely useless. AoE? with luck, maybe.

greendonkeyuk
17-08-04, 15:41
u need skill to use a rifle spy in close combat. But to hide on a mountain, shoot ur enemies from far away and stealth when somebody comes close, isnt really what I call "playerskill".. db ? antidamageboost drugs. freeze? anti freez drugs. True sight sanctum? haha, rofl. completely useless. AoE? with luck, maybe.

so the point of rifles isnt to use range? i mean c'mon now, if you want a close range fighter roll a tank. Rifle spies are annoying at best to beat but certainly they are as beatable as any other class.

Xadhoom
17-08-04, 15:47
so the point of rifles isnt to use range? i mean c'mon now, if you want a close range fighter roll a tank. Rifle spies are annoying at best to beat but certainly they are as beatable as any other class.

the point of rifles IS to use range, rite. But, together with stealth 3 and 3+ drugs, u can create a fighter, who can deal with tanks, apus, pes easily and, if he gets beaten or if his health gets too low, he just activates his stealthtool and run away..