PDA

View Full Version : Male playing as female

SilentEye
15-08-04, 14:07
Simply question,

Why do you (male) play as a female character?
Vica verca goes the same!

Silent ^^

Gohei
15-08-04, 14:08
I love the attention i get from guys. :lol:

Ozambabbaz
15-08-04, 14:12
damn drunk swede =P

Benjie
15-08-04, 14:14
It's because I'm feminate irl, and I like to express myself that way.

Richard Slade
15-08-04, 15:04
Cuz noone knows wtf I am in-game or IRL anyways so there's no real change,
just that I can have prettier clothes :D

Biznatchy
15-08-04, 15:05
I like looking at that big ass on the lady tank.

Spermy
15-08-04, 15:05
Cuz noone knows wtf I am in-game or IRL anyways so there's no real change,
just that I can have prettier clothes :D

Because female PE's Look cool.

Chase.Devine
15-08-04, 15:07
Male monk looks .... yeah like male monk ... so i play a female one. :p

phunqe
15-08-04, 15:17
damn drunk swede =P

Somebody kill Ozam's script :p

Marx
15-08-04, 15:37
Because if done right, you can get free stuff from the guys.

hay hay hay <3

SilentEye
15-08-04, 15:45
It's because I'm feminate irl, and I like to express myself that way.

Winning reason so far ^^

Scikar
15-08-04, 15:47
I don't. :p

I think I might one of the few males here who's never ever played a female character. :wtf:

ROZZER187
15-08-04, 15:55
i play a female tank coz it was created by mrs
i wish my misses would get her own account :lol:
gettin kinda on my nerves loggin in to have someone i dot know run up to me and say hi hun o_O

[TgR]KILLER
15-08-04, 15:55
always played as male :p exept when i had my alt account still active ( was active for a month or 7/8 till i quited for 2/3 months din't activate it anymore )

and that was a monk. and made it female.. cause male monks are ugle as hell imho :p

boombang
15-08-04, 16:04
are female chars not smaller, therefore harder to hit??!?

[TgR]KILLER
15-08-04, 16:26
lol as far as i know not.. spies are smaller then tanks so are monks.. and pe's are between.. but i don't think a female is any harder to hit then a male.. or else everybody would play female skins ;)

GIJ0e
15-08-04, 16:29
i just assume female characters are played by blokes anyway. this also has the advantage of avoiding feeling the need to impress someone in an mmorpg because you might think they are female :rolleyes:

SilentEye
15-08-04, 16:31
When I played my 14 day trial of Star Wars Galaxies I fell in love with everyone. God damn untill I found out they were all roleplaying on me :wtf:

Clive tombstone
15-08-04, 16:32
Never played a female character befor on any MMO
-I just feel by playing my own sex, that I feel a bit more immersion to the game.
I treat People equally in game (ex. female PE comes up, "can you spot me some creds hun? 'me-Sorry, no-can do, best earn the money yourself, like the rest of us did), because I am well aware of the fact that there are a lot of "gender bender's" out there :D

SilentEye
15-08-04, 16:34
Never played a female character befor on any MMO
-I just feel by playing my own sex, that I feel a bit more immersion to the game.
I treat People equally in game (ex. female PE comes up, "can you spot me some creds hun? 'me-Sorry, no-can do, best earn the money yourself, like the rest of us did), because I am well aware of the fact that there are a lot of "gender bender's" out there :D

I always hated your type of person! You need some cash for this buff thing real quick or something will run out and you need to start over.
Then these persons refuse to give you the credits and the buffs run out >.<

Agent L
15-08-04, 16:37
Char named after TV series character and, as she was female so "I" am too.

Mr Kot
15-08-04, 16:41
KILLER']male monks are ugle as hell imho

GRRRR.... try saying that to one holding a HL in front of u :mad:

Clive tombstone
15-08-04, 16:44
Thats only HALF true, Ill give to the person if they are worthy of my "person judg-O-meter"

This being said, if they give me a detailed description, oh what they need, how far away they are from there goal, and what they need to get there, ill probably help them.

I shoulda also said that I dont give crap to beggers (the guys who stand around all day asking for cash.)

This doesnt mean I still WONT spot someone cash though, It all depends on the mood and the person (if trustworthy or not)

Benjie
15-08-04, 16:46
You would overwise treat women better than men? Thats a common attitude, and a pathetic one too. Why can't I go once for a change, or be taken out somewhere nice? Why is it always the damn women who get treated well? bleh... *continues mumbling*....

Geth
15-08-04, 16:52
are female chars not smaller, therefore harder to hit??!?

Unlikely seeing how targeting is always done via a box around the opponent. Mind you I've never bothered to measure if the targeting box is different b/w male or female models.

Benjie
15-08-04, 16:53
Unlikely seeing how targeting is always done via a box around the opponent. Mind you I've never bothered to measure if the targeting box is different b/w male or female models.
It's an illusion, the size of the box doesn't matter. All players/classes/genders/armour is as easy to hit as each other.

ezza
15-08-04, 16:53
You would overwise treat women better than men? Thats a common attitude, and a pathetic one too. Why can't I go once for a change, or be taken out somewhere nice? Why is it always the damn women who get treated well? bleh... *continues mumbling*....
blame it on chivalry(spelling) sir.

Benjie
15-08-04, 16:57
blame it on chivalry(spelling) sir.
Aye. Also, while women were obviously treated with more sexism than men, men were still treated with a degree of sexism. Due to the fact that it wasn't as harsh, nobody ever really prostested that heavily against it. I would say women are almost entirely free from sexism nowadays (not counting individual assholes) due to heavy protests, but men are still quite far from it.

//Edit: In some countrys. :(

Logan Tyrus
15-08-04, 17:19
i play as females sometimes because the gaming population is mainly male which makes game worlds mostly male as well. The odd bloke playing a girl avatar creates a bit more realism in a way.

Shadow Dancer
15-08-04, 17:25
Why is it always the damn women who get treated well? bleh... *continues mumbling*....

I know right.

:mad:

but men are still quite far from it.

//Edit: In some countrys. :(

I sooooooo agree.

I play a male char because i'm male, but I regret it. Male chars are so ugly, especially tanks and monks. I wish I could change my monk to a female one, they have better models.

And yea, they do seem harder to hit. :wtf:

Ozambabbaz
15-08-04, 17:34
dude?

Dribble Joy
15-08-04, 17:45
My avatar is a girl because The character that I use in all games is the same.
I don't play AS a girl, I don't act really as either a girl or boy ingame, a bit genderless really, it isn't an issue for me.

Richard Slade
15-08-04, 17:56
My avatar is a girl because The character that I use in all games is the same.
I don't play AS a girl, I don't act really as either a girl or boy ingame, a bit genderless really, it isn't an issue for me.
That's a GIRL?! o_O
Dude where the hell are you from...

Dribble Joy
15-08-04, 18:44
The ingame avatar you moose.

ufora
15-08-04, 19:07
omg i play a cyber girl so i can touch my cyber self omg

(j/k, i have a life)

Clive tombstone
15-08-04, 19:14
OK, i did not understand Benjie's comment

MY standing is, "ingame" I treat men AND women equally, No-one gets more or less help, the only determinent is there situation and there general attitude and MAYBE there faction/lv.

thats it.

Chivelry, yes I am in RL and IG(some call me a carebear for that :confused: ) I follow that code. or least I try to, but thats because Im a nice dude. Thats it. I still treat other people equally, no matter what there appearance is. :D

rob444
15-08-04, 19:19
I play with female chars because Im going to do a sex change and I want to feel how it is like to be a girl before the operation.

Darth Slayer
15-08-04, 19:21
i play a female tank coz it was created by mrs
i wish my misses would get her own account :lol:
gettin kinda on my nerves loggin in to have someone i dot know run up to me and say hi hun o_O

LIES U know you enjoy it............. :lol:
Well I don't play female avatars in this game but I do in Lineage 2. I play both male and female characters in Pen and Paper Roleplay. To me it's just roleplay and I will roleplay my characters especially in PnP and too a lesser extent in online computer games.

Scorpius.

Endar
15-08-04, 19:38
I have always played male chars. I dont know why, because I do not have anything against males playing females or females playing males. But if I talk to a female ingame, shes always female to me. I wont call male who plays female "he" its always "she" to me...

I play with female chars because Im going to do a sex change and I want to feel how it is like to be a girl before the operation.

Wow thats great, you will post a pic of your boobs when you get em right? :lol: j/k

seraphian
15-08-04, 19:40
I usually play females, simply because that's what I'm most comfortable with (and I don't have to worry about forgetting I'm a male avatar and hitting on a guy by mistake :eek: )

I have a few male avatars I play when I don't want to be hit on...

SilentEye
15-08-04, 19:46
So you hit on males in game huh? Well that's a change!

Celt
15-08-04, 19:51
[ edited ]

Siguršur
15-08-04, 19:52
[ edited ]

Glok
15-08-04, 19:55
[ edited ] Good thing you are smarter than the rest of us. :rolleyes:

edit: I made my first female char a couple days ago. Been mostly levelling solo, so haven't seen the 'other side of the coin' as far as treatment goes. I made her because I was sick of always playing an ugly male avatar, mostly.

Shadow Dancer
15-08-04, 19:55
^^ lol Glok

[ edited ]

That's really low Celt. http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon13.gif

Celt
15-08-04, 19:57
^^ lol Glok

That's really low Celt. http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon13.gifHardly, he changes his title to Bisexual, goes about talking about how he gets called a ******, and now hes telling us he plays female chars because he's effeminate, for no reason whatsoever, on a mmorpg forum.

What do you call that?

seraphian
15-08-04, 19:57
ah, here come the homophobic flames, I wondered how long it would take this innocent thread to attract them...

Celt
15-08-04, 19:58
ah, here come the homophobic flames, I wondered how long it would take this innocent thread to attract them...How is it homophobic flaming?

Simple question, give me a simple answer.

Shadow Dancer
15-08-04, 19:59
Hardly, he changes his title to Bisexual, goes about talking about how he gets called a ******, and now hes telling us he plays female chars because he's effeminate.

What do you call that?

There's no reason to say he takes it up the ass and then tell him to stfu.

Secondly, even if he was doing it for attention does that mean he deserves to be flamed? Perhaps RL he's in an environment where he feels repressed, perhaps he feels like he can't say anything, or maybe perhaps he's not looking for attention and that's just the way he is the same way a hetero male might put a pic of a hot chick in his sig.

Try to have a little understanding.

seraphian
15-08-04, 20:00
OK, agreed that Benji sometimes goes out of his way to advertise his sexuality, which is attention-seeking, but in general a LOT of gays/bisexuals do that, especially men. People like me see less need to advertise.

I was referring to the 'mother's underwear' post, not you Celt, BTW.

Celt
15-08-04, 20:00
There's no reason to say he takes it up the ass and then tell him to stfu.I said "if you take it up the ass", as personally, I dont give a shit what his or anyones sexual orientation is, its no reason to trumpet it on a forum.

Secondly, even if he was doing it for attention does that mean he deserves to be flamed? Perhaps RL he's in an environment where he feels repressed, perhaps he feels like he can't say anything, or maybe perhaps he's not looking for attention and that's just the way he is the same way a hetero male might put a pic of a hot chick in his sig.

Try to have a little understanding.There are plenty of LGB(lesbian, gay, bisexual) forums out there.

OK, agreed that Benji sometimes goes out of his way to advertise his sexuality, which is attention-seeking, but in general a LOT of gays/bisexuals do that, especially men. People like me see less need to advertise.

I was referring to the 'mother's underwear' post, not you Celt, BTW.Benjie advertises it, then whines about people calling him a ******/etc, he's either extremely naive or attention seeking.

maggotcorpse
15-08-04, 20:01
Cuz i like those kind of Directs "Hey are you a female in RL too" -->"Where do you come from" and this Stuff ... I like to play with the feelings of the Kids :D

SilentEye
15-08-04, 20:01
Celt I am calling Niddy on your arse. [ edited ]

Shadow Dancer
15-08-04, 20:02
There are plenty of LGB(lesbian, gay, bisexual) forums out there.

And he can't express that he's bisexual here? The same way tons of people express that they are hetero? If you wanna be technical, there's tons of heterosexual references people make everyday here on the forums. It's just that you're used to it and it doesn't bother you. It also doesn't stand out.

Secondly, answer my question. Even if somehow you went inside his head and knew he was doing it for attention, why on earth does that warrant such a nasty response from you?

:rolleyes:

Benjie
15-08-04, 20:03
Celt give up with the idiot parade okay?
Thanks to those who are sticking up for me.

Celt
15-08-04, 20:03
Celt I am calling Niddy on your arse. [ edited ] help help homophobic flaming!

[ edited ]

And he can't express that he's bisexual here? The same way tons of people express that they are hetero? If you wanna be technical, there's tons of heterosexual references people make everyday here on the forums. It's just that you're used to it and it doesn't bother you. It also doesn't stand out.

Secondly, answer my question. Even if somehow you went inside his head and knew he was doing it for attention, why on earth does that warrant such a nasty response from you?

:rolleyes:I havent seen anyone with the tagline "heterosexual", have you?
When I seen some dude with the sig "silent - we do it for the boys" and a gay pic, I thought it was funny, benjie's just being a twit.

And if you think thats a nasty response, get out and see what IS a nasty response.

retr0n
15-08-04, 20:04
Lesbian, who's lesbian?

....anywho, was really low though Celt

retr0n
15-08-04, 20:04
Celt give up with the primate parade okay?
Thanks to those who are sticking up for me.

What did I do? o_O
I'm lost...

Benjie
15-08-04, 20:05
What did I do? o_O
I'm lost...
Oh is your name primate in Neocron or something? [ edited ] Sorry for the misunderstanding. I edited it.

ezza
15-08-04, 20:06
What did I do? o_O

double post for a start :p

Celt
15-08-04, 20:06
Oh is your name primate in Neocron or something? [ edited ] Ah see, more attention seeking, trying to turn it into my bashing you because you are bi.

Again, I couldnt care LESS what your sexual orientation is, I do care you use your supposed orientation to bait, incite, and whine on these forums.

retr0n
15-08-04, 20:07
Oh is your name primate in Neocron or something? [ edited ] Sorry for the misunderstanding.

rofl :p actually my pluto melee tank is Primate :p
agree with you on that one though.

@ezza yeah i thought somebody would beat me to it with a post or two inbetween :p

edit:
@Celt: Well why not just keep it to yourself? It doesnt matter what you say
really, if someone finds it offensive that means you are offending him/her.
And your first post was nothing else but homophobic flaming.

seraphian
15-08-04, 20:09
You know what, Just because someone admits their gay does not give ANYONE the right to call them a ********

in fact the fact that they are gay gives that insult MORE severity.

and I garentee anyone calling me that is getting abuse@ called. Homosexual slurs are one of the FEW things that I CANNOT tolerate personally.

can we get back on topic please?

reddog
15-08-04, 20:10
[ edited ]
WoW except for Celts comments he prolly the most stupid thing i heard.

1. I play only female avatars as i think its easier to roleplay something that you aint. Makes it easier to keep RL out of IG (at least for me)
2. Did you look at the male avatars cept for the odd PE the look shite so playing a female is funnier.
3. If all male would play male you would hardly have female avatars ingame .

Benjie
Ah see, more attention seeking, trying to turn it into my bashing you because you are bi.
No, I'm asking you to stop being closed minded because I don't deserve it.

Again, I couldnt care LESS what your sexual orientation is.
I don't care less that you don't care less. Why bring it up if you care so little about it? I was simply responding to the thread subject. :confused:

deac
[ edited ]

hahaha... lol...rofles...

anyways... female ppus 4tw! in fact all ppus should be female.. its a thing pitspawn started.

Celt
15-08-04, 20:11
@Celt: Well why not just keep it to yourself? It doesnt matter what you say
really, if someone finds it offensive that means you are offending him/her.
And your first post was nothing else but homophobic flaming.And again, how was it homophobic flaming?

Seraphian, indeed, however unless you are extremely sheltered, you know that screaming it out at the top of your lungs is going to invite that.

No, I'm asking you to stop being closed minded because I don't deserve it.

I don't care less that you don't care less. Why bring it up if you care so little about it? I was simply responding to the thread subject. :confused:And again trying to turn it into my being homophobic.

How am I being closed minded?
Because im sick of you using it as a means of getting attention, both from people being homophobic and after crying about those same people?

@deac, yeah my ppu's are always female, although the PA fucked that up.

SilentEye
15-08-04, 20:14
Hey Celt, as long as you understood my post, it's good.

1) Why are you acting so rude to everything?
2) So many people disagree, do you not understand you are wrong?
3) Can we all let it be?

Celt
15-08-04, 20:16
Hey Celt, as long as you understood my post, it's good.

1) Why are you acting so rude to everything?
2) So many people disagree, do you not understand you are wrong?
3) Can we all let it be?1) I dont like sexuality being used as a tool.
2) The people disagreeing are all saying "homophobic flaming" when it obviously isnt
3) sure, ill probably be banned soon enough :)

SilentEye
15-08-04, 20:16
1) How is in anyway his sexual 'activities' or what you call it, being used as a tool right now?

Celt
15-08-04, 20:19
1) How is in anyway his sexual 'activities' or what you call it, being used as a tool right now?1) for attention, he must lack it irl or something.

DonnyJepp
15-08-04, 20:19
this thread is by (bi?) far the funniest shit I've read all weekend :p

retr0n
15-08-04, 20:20
1) for attention, he must lack it irl or something.

Even if thats true, should he be flamed for it?

Nidhogg
I don't think it's any surprise that this has turned nasty. I'll give it one more chance though.

N

seraphian
At the risk of pissing people off, Celt's basic point about people advertising their sexuality for attention is semi-valid, it's just his delivery sucks.

I know I'm guilty of the same thing on occasion, most people are, because face it, sex gets peoples attention. Dropping the fact you're bi into a conversation is a show-stopper, typically, great way to pick up guys, really.

Then again on a forum it's a different matter.
I think we should all just agree to disagree here, or at least go back to the beginning of the thread and re-read carefully...

Benjie
15-08-04, 20:21
2) The people disagreeing are all saying "homophobic flaming" when it obviously isnt
[ edited ]
I'm sorry if this comes accross as a flame, I am simply trying to explain to Celt why what he said was offensive.

SilentEye
15-08-04, 20:22
Removed.

retr0n
15-08-04, 20:23
[ edited ]

Spot on, I was trying to find the words, but I could not have
written it down better myself.

SilentEye
15-08-04, 20:23
Alrighty then! Lets get on with it!

Why do you play a female character when you are male IRL, and vica verca?

No more argue'ing please?

seraphian
15-08-04, 20:25
I play a few Male characters, because they tend to attract less unwanted attention on occasion, and because it's interesting sociologically for me to see how differently people treat men.

Benjie
15-08-04, 20:26
Alrighty then! Lets get on with it!

Why do you play a female character when you are male IRL, and vica verca?

No more argue'ing please?
I play as a female because I like to be sexually intimate with men, aswell as being romanticly attracted to them in real life. Because I am Bisexual and free to express myself in that way, just as a punk is sometimes allowed to play a character with piercings and dyed hair.

:)

Celt
15-08-04, 20:26
[ edited ].
I'm sorry if this comes accross as a flame, I am simply trying to explain to Celt why what he said was offensive.That would be flaming, would it be heterosexual flaming? :rolleyes:

I play a few Male characters, because they tend to attract less unwanted attention on occasion, and because it's interesting sociologically for me to see how differently people treat men.In eve most women play male chars so that they can play fairly anonymously and get treated normally(its sad that its that way, but it is)

DonnyJepp
15-08-04, 20:27
[ edited ]

Only to the heterophobic amongst us.

mishkin
15-08-04, 20:29
I play female characters sometimes because I get tired of looking at male tank asses... and I'd like to see some changes in male/female characters other than visual... Say extra points in agility (forced) for female characters or something or the other, perks of the gender if you like... Would add some spice to the classes dontcha think? :)

Gohei
15-08-04, 20:30
Only to the heterophobic amongst us.

lol, yea i was like :wtf: wtf has this to do with cocksucking.. ... Guess my mom does suck cock.. but wtf do i care... As long as shes enjoying it..

Shadow Dancer
15-08-04, 20:31
^^ O_o

T
In eve most women play male chars so that they can play fairly anonymously and get treated normally(its sad that its that way, but it is)

That's the way it is in alot of mmorpgs. I remember how much tremendous special treatment female chars got in Ultima Online.

It kinda pissed me off that I would work my butt off in that game and then I see some female newbie getting a free freaking tower. 8|

Celt
15-08-04, 20:33
^^ O_o

That's the way it is in alot of mmorpgs. I remember how much tremendous special treatment female chars got in Ultima Online.

It kinda pissed me off that I would work my butt off in that game and then I see some female newbie getting a free freaking tower. 8|That's the other side of it, there are girls(and they usually are girls, in their teens) who will go about, deliberately advertising the fact they are girls to attract a following of teenage boys to flatter their ego or I dunno...

Can think of a few examples in eve, but only 2 in NC.

Articia(who was actually male 8| ) and another girl I wont mention

SilentEye
15-08-04, 20:33
I play as a female because I like to be sexually intimate with men, aswell as being romanticly attracted to them in real life. Because I am Bisexual and free to express myself in that way, just as a punk is sometimes allowed to play a character with piercings and dyed hair.

:)

Dude you aint gotta have to push it now. Stop it as well.

Endar
15-08-04, 20:41
BTW SilentEye, I know this is off topic but where is that "Motoko-Chan" from? I think I have seen it in some Anime series but im not sure where...

Promethius
15-08-04, 20:43
Simply question,

Why do you (male) play as a female character?
Vica verca goes the same!

Silent ^^

Would you rather look a male's booty all the time or a female's? (if you use 3rd person that is) Vice versa for the girls out there.

P.S. benjie dont lie we all kno ur a man.

-Prom

rob444
15-08-04, 20:48
Wow thats great, you will post a pic of your boobs when you get em right?

Ok you are scarying me :p
The only boobs I can show you is my.... MAN BOOBS!

SilentEye
15-08-04, 20:50
BTW SilentEye, I know this is off topic but where is that "Motoko-Chan" from? I think I have seen it in some Anime series but im not sure where...

Love Hina of course, her name is Aoyama Motoko.

Promethius
15-08-04, 20:51
I play a male char because i'm male, but I regret it. Male chars are so ugly, especially tanks and monks. I wish I could change my monk to a female one, they have better models.

And yea, they do seem harder to hit. :wtf:

harder to hit because u start 'focusing' on other things than just trying to kil them in battle ;)

Also I've tested this theory of the 'female = skinner = harder to hit' , and it proved incorrect. Same target box. ( i kno 90% of yea going to go try it which you shold) I just dont want anymore dumb rumors going around like the 'less hp = take less dmg' bs.

-Prom

Benjie
15-08-04, 20:59
P.S. benjie dont lie we all kno ur a man.
I never lie about my Gender outside of female avatars. I'm a twenty year old English male.

seraphian
15-08-04, 21:00
I play female characters sometimes because I get tired of looking at male tank asses... and I'd like to see some changes in male/female characters other than visual... Say extra points in agility (forced) for female characters or something or the other, perks of the gender if you like... Would add some spice to the classes dontcha think? :)

I'e thought the same thing on occasion, there is only one slight problem... all of a sudden every sniper is female and every tank is male, that extra point or whatever of dex or str would mean that only one gender could have optimal combat setup... which may be realistic, but it's not fun.

There is such a thing as too much realism in a game.

Trillian
15-08-04, 21:02
Ive played male characters before because its alot easier to play the game without a bunch of guys following you around saying "sex" =p

Clive tombstone
15-08-04, 21:04
There is no Such thing as Too much Realism >_<
" 60/60 Gets shot in the head with a lazar Pistol"
"Falls over dead"

...ok maybe there is :D

Promethius
15-08-04, 21:04
I make my tradeskillers Female, for the tips.

I find I get treated better / get random 10k tips ^^

-Prom

Shadow Dancer
15-08-04, 21:07
Ive played male characters before because its alot easier to play the game without a bunch of guys following you around saying "sex" =p

You know you like it. lol

Promethius, do you mean less MAX health = less damage is BS? Or do you mean less health(not the total) = less damage is BS?

Promethius
15-08-04, 21:13
You know you like it. lol

Promethius, do you mean less MAX health = less damage is BS? Or do you mean less health(not the total) = less damage is BS?

Heres an example. I have a max of 500 hp. I get shot down to 100 hp. At this point people claim they take less dmg. Where as i disagree ( and can prove my reasoning).

-Prom

Sheba
15-08-04, 21:16
Female all the way.... and I don't try to use that to any advantage. Only time I play male is when I don't have a choice, or am playing Splinter Cell PT. Cause Sam well he has to be a guy...Love that man's voice.

Scikar
15-08-04, 21:25
Heres an example. I have a max of 500 hp. I get shot down to 100 hp. At this point people claim they take less dmg. Where as i disagree ( and can prove my reasoning).

-Prom
If your max HP is 500, and they've been shooting you in the head, then by the time you reach 100 HP, your head hitbox will be empty, along with your torso. So while they shoot you in the head, they actually deal leg damage. I proved this in a test ages back with Rizzy on his hybrid, using different ammo types in my SpeedGat versus his Holy Heal. With Phosphor and Xray ammo, he could outheal the damage until his HP reached 2/3 and it moved over to chest damage. I couldn't deal chest damage faster than his heal, but I could outdamage at the head level. Switching to explosive ammo, I could then outdamage his heal at chest damage, but when it reached the legs, the heal won again.

EDIT: However if you mean compared to someone who has say 350 HP, then technically they do take less damage since they drop to the chest/leg regions earlier, however it's not directly proportional, i.e. someone with higher HP still takes longer to kill regardless, all other factors constant.

deac
15-08-04, 21:28
anyways since ppus run around in a dress with a big heart on their back you might as well go all the way and choose a female avatar

Promethius
15-08-04, 21:33
If your max HP is 500, and they've been shooting you in the head, then by the time you reach 100 HP, your head hitbox will be empty, along with your torso. So while they shoot you in the head, they actually deal leg damage. I proved this in a test ages back with Rizzy on his hybrid, using different ammo types in my SpeedGat versus his Holy Heal. With Phosphor and Xray ammo, he could outheal the damage until his HP reached 2/3 and it moved over to chest damage. I couldn't deal chest damage faster than his heal, but I could outdamage at the head level. Switching to explosive ammo, I could then outdamage his heal at chest damage, but when it reached the legs, the heal won again.

EDIT: However if you mean compared to someone who has say 350 HP, then technically they do take less damage since they drop to the chest/leg regions earlier, however it's not directly proportional, i.e. someone with higher HP still takes longer to kill regardless, all other factors constant.

Ahh finaly someone else gets it. I hear that alot that lower max hp = take less dmg. Which as you said its because it switches to the chest / leg region of the hit boxes faster, which is true. (not sure if i'm explaining this correctly but...) Overall Higher hp = better than lower HP no matter how u cut it.

Scikar, theres a bit more to it, that alot of people dont realize. But I'm going to keep quiet about that for as long as I can.

-Prom

ichinin
15-08-04, 21:35
To get some variation.

Terayon
15-08-04, 21:40
i played a female once... 2 guys tried to lure me into a dark corner with money to sex me. it was kind of weird. i never made a chick char after that.

Rade
16-08-04, 04:24
Im just gonna ignore the thread up to this point and get on topic - My
characters and their personalities are completely seperate from me, hence
playing whatever else it might be is just amusing, thats the core of
roleplaying. It ranges from psychotic sabbat inquisitors in vampire larps to
your average mellow chick in some freeform rpg session, just depends on
what kind of character Im interested in portraying at the time. When I made
Rade I wanted to create a badass chick, before the stupid PAs came in I was
very satisfied with how that was going.

**edit: Altho I gotta admit it also very entertaining, once got a ingame email
saying something like "OMFG u r teh hot, will u suxxor?".

minsc
16-08-04, 05:12
why did i play as a female? good question its was fun and the male characters always give you nice items even when you play as a theif. :D

Mobius
16-08-04, 06:46
Ok.. i'm rather surprised i never saw the expression "Flaming gay" in the hotter parts of this thread.

I myself am a sexist male pig bastard, and i find myself throwing money on anything that has teeets, even when i'm fully aware that it's like a male friend of mine. I don't know why, something in my genes i figure.

Since there are like i dunno.. maby 10 chicks that play 'cron i'm fuckin greatful for those blokes out there that decide to play female chars since otherwise this game would be completely devoid of teeeeets. Except for PP ofcourse.

Oh, did i mention i like teeeeeeeeets?

Glok
16-08-04, 06:52
LMAO :lol:

edit: TEEEEETS!

Viper Venom
16-08-04, 07:03
lol i dont play as a woman but on some other mmo's i have, bah if the characters femail treat em as a woman, :P call em sisys who cant fight and such, i only played as a wonam in another mmo cos the skin had a cute ass and it was always 3rd person,

but as for ingame, if sumin is a woman ill treat it like a woman, the same as (in fantasy mmo's if sumins a troll ill treat it like a troll), seems fuked up to say, hey are u a man in real life... realy fukes the mood of the game up :P besides so what if its a man in real life, not like ur gona meat up, and if u plan to get a date out the game, ur er,,,,,, one sik crazi indavidual

CkVega
16-08-04, 14:17
Most of my characters are female, dunno why I prefer female characters, nicer bottoms I guess.

I don't see any problem with people creating different gender toons to themselves, to me, the toon is just a character in a game nothing more.

Selendor
16-08-04, 14:46
Roleplay game after all I suppose - I have one female avatar I chose because I wanted to make a PPU and that kind of goes with being a female char, but since we all wear PA it makes no difference.

LiL T
16-08-04, 14:58
I like to look at my char and its so much better if its female makes me put more work into it

garyu69
16-08-04, 15:00
its all about the RP

Judge
16-08-04, 16:35
Hmmm.... why do I play a female character? Well I suppose its because its interesting to roleplay a different gender to yourself, and I would rather look at a chicks ass in 3rd person, than a guys. Oh and female PEs look awesome.

naimex
16-08-04, 16:51
I“ve said it before, and I“ll say it again :

I play a female char cuz I don“t fancy looking at a male arse for 10+ hours a day

Jest
16-08-04, 16:51
I dont play female characters in MMOs. I dislike roleplaying one and have no real desire to do so.

Though in non roleplay video games I always choose the hot chick. :p

evs
16-08-04, 16:54
female ass > male ass

that is all

Judge
16-08-04, 16:54
Just thinking about it.... It'll be quite cool to get to meet you plutonians and Uranusians (:wtf:) when we get merged into one server.... and hopefully we may actually have a well populated server.

Dunno why I posted this on this thread.... Its just what was going through my mind whilst reading it. :o

Vryce
17-08-04, 01:59
Oh and female PEs look awesome.
True, true...fem PE's rock!

'course, my fem Spy looks like she'd just as soon hit you, as look at you :p .

cRazy2003
17-08-04, 02:00
I don't. :p

I think I might one of the few males here who's never ever played a female character. :wtf:

ive never played a female character to.

kin
17-08-04, 05:39
1. They think playing girls makes them "badass".
2. They are horny men who want to play as a girl for some reason.
3. They have a "different" look and attitude to their charectar.
4. They want to "roleplay" as a female.

With all of them though....I just....feel somewhat...uncomftorable with guys who do that. It just...isn't right. The first ones usually tick me off though, cause they think "Oooh girls are alot more badass than......ah I will just stop their. You get my jist eh.

tiikeri
17-08-04, 05:41
It's a game, it doesn't matter.
IMO in some games the female looks kewler.. Anyone had that redheaded monkey???? :)

Kenjuten
18-08-04, 21:24
I have a number of RP personas, both male and female, that currently run up into the middle double digits. Currently however I decided just to stick to one male persona on Neocron.

You can guess on who that is. =P

As to why? Not to get attention, that's for sure...

Besides, the only female Neocron RP persona I ever took seriously was Kenjuten's sister, Kalima....Who isn't really interested in much interaction to begin with.